[Official] X Marks the Spot: Xfearbefore Xclusive Thread

Bo is weird, I go from periods of thinking he's just bland as fuck to points where I think I see some great babyface fire in him, he's very inconsistent it seems.

I used to feel exactly the same way about Bo. An overpushed, bland, mediocre, rapefaced wanker who just throws spears around. But since he stopped working with Sucky Cannon he has been absolutely brilliant. I suspect his ability to be good is slightly dependent on his opponent. The two guys he's faced since winning (Sandow and Kruger) played to his strength as a wrestler (building to the comeback) in a way that Sucky Cannon didn't.

Damn shame he's going to be out for the foreseeable future.

He did have a good match with Johnny Curtis of all people back in July that I saw though.

Hated his match with Curtis though. Bo was trying hard, but Curtis was failing harder. Bo is someone who's very good at one thing, building to his comeback and if that one thing isn't made into a key part of his matches, they don't work well. That's why he and Kruger (imo) put on better matches together than Ambrose and Rollins do*. Curtis didn't and the inevitable suckfest occured.

Have you watched the most recent episodes of FCW, and if so what do you think of Steamboat's transformation into a badass and Kruger's into a beast?

*This is something I'm going to make a thread on tommorrow. Feel free to point out my previous stupid statements about quality within it.

AAA is very hit-or-miss for me. When it's LA Park, Mesias, Extreme Tiger, Jack Evans, Atomic Boy and the new Drago, I'm all about it. But then they also have those god damned atrocious twenty minute old school Puerto Rican-style bloody hardcore brawls with those damned psycho clowns and shit. They've done some good stuff this year as a whole though. I honestly prefer CMLL when it comes to lucha, but I might be in the minority with that opinion. They tend to have more traditional one-on-one, tag team and six man lucha libre style as opposed to the more hardcore spot-oriented style that AAA uses in most of their main events. That Drago kid is awesome though, this new dude in the craziest dragon make-up shit I've ever seen who bumps and sells well and can fly around with the best of 'em. He's a rookie too I think. I'd vote him rookie of the year so far.

I'm the same way, AAA is very iffy. I LOVE Evans, Mesias, and LA Park, though. I despise most hardcore wrestling, including AAA. That's why I can't watch CZW, it's just unnecessary. I like ECW, though. That is probably due to the fact that they had some awesome matches there.

Drago is the shit. He debuted in, what, April? He's been on a tear ever since, little guy too, but can work the pace and style to perfection.

Yeah The Chills were a Flying Nun band, as were the Headless Chickens. Not Bad for that song by Lush. It looks like I will need to Listen to Walls of Voodoo.

Listen to these two one after another apparently they go well together.

And these are two of the best songs that New Zealand has produced in the last 16 years. From Two albums that I would put up against a large number of great albums and say they are just as good.

The albums are Killjoy and General Electric from Shihad

Feel free to post away, you could even make your own thread for it if you wanted.

I'll PM it to you. I'm more of if people are intrigued enough, they can hit me up and ask. Though in reality it would probably be easier to just post them all in a thread. Maybe in a few days.

I have not. Is it good?

One of my new favorites. Val Kilmer, Ray Stevenson, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Christopher Walken.

[YOUTUBE]x2zN53Vwnz0[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a fan of the show. Missed the first season, but have been watching every season since then and enjoying it immensely. I haven't started watching the new season yet though man, I have SO MUCH shit on my DVR to watch man, and I'm just too busy to watch it these days so Sons of Anarchy I probably won't get around to for a few months. Shit I've got like entire seasons of Louie, Burn Notice, Rescue Me, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Futurama on there I haven't even touched yet.

New season thankfully just started last night. An awesome opener. Hot damn that's a lot of stuff to catch up on though.

Two Questions for you, X:

1. Were you able to catch Impact from last week? I only caught the main event between Sting and Angle, but I thought it was a really good match. I was just wondering if it cracked your *** mark. I know Sting's work doesn't impress you these days, so I was curious what you thought of that match if you saw it.

2. Have you watched the Breaking Bad episodes the past two weeks? No reviews on 411 and no comments about them here, so I assume you haven't. Well, you need to catch up, my friend. Shit's been going down on that show man, and you should no longer be behind on it if you are. :)

Congrats on the rep power of 50, X.

Must feel good to be king, enjoy it before Slyfox realizes. I kid, I kid.

Anywho, I was wondering if you had seen any of NJPW's latest stuff? I haven't gotten around to it, haven't seen much since the Super Juniors Tourney, sadly.

tumblr_lqdcz49JT11qft3rpo1_500.jpgp

Hated his match with Curtis though. Bo was trying hard, but Curtis was failing harder. Bo is someone who's very good at one thing, building to his comeback and if that one thing isn't made into a key part of his matches, they don't work well. That's why he and Kruger (imo) put on better matches together than Ambrose and Rollins do*. Curtis didn't and the inevitable suckfest occured.

Really? Man I thought it was solid. *** atleast.

Have you watched the most recent episodes of FCW, and if so what do you think of Steamboat's transformation into a badass and Kruger's into a beast?

*This is something I'm going to make a thread on tommorrow. Feel free to point out my previous stupid statements about quality within it.

A) Nah still haven't gotten to the 8/14 to most recent FCW episodes, been super busy. Will soon, I promise. SOON! GET OFF MAH BACK MANG!

B) What thread?

I'm the same way, AAA is very iffy. I LOVE Evans, Mesias, and LA Park, though. I despise most hardcore wrestling, including AAA. That's why I can't watch CZW, it's just unnecessary. I like ECW, though. That is probably due to the fact that they had some awesome matches there.

I'm actually a pretty big fan of hardcore wrestling, when it's done right. I'm a CZW fan and a BJW fan, but most American "deathmatch" wrestling is pretty shitty, absolutely. The Japanese guys atleast put good work ethic into building an actual wrestling match before pulling out the insane weapons, which is why I like BJW so much more. I enjoy CZW though, sometimes. Depends on the wrestlers. You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, even so called "bad" promotions have good matches too. Hardcore matches can be amazing if done correctly....see: TLC and ladder matches for example.

Drago is the shit. He debuted in, what, April? He's been on a tear ever since, little guy too, but can work the pace and style to perfection.

Yeah from what I've seen of him he's been awesome. I thought he was younger than he is but apparently he's been wrestling in the indies for a decade already. He's still awesome though and has looked great in AAA. Not to mention how fucking sick his whole make-up routine is, he looks insane, like a real life dragon goblin or something. Reminds me of black metal bands.

Yeah The Chills were a Flying Nun band, as were the Headless Chickens. Not Bad for that song by Lush. It looks like I will need to Listen to Walls of Voodoo.

Listen to these two one after another apparently they go well together.

And these are two of the best songs that New Zealand has produced in the last 16 years. From Two albums that I would put up against a large number of great albums and say they are just as good.

The albums are Killjoy and General Electric from Shihad

Goodshit man, all of it.

One of my new favorites. Val Kilmer, Ray Stevenson, Vincent D'Onofrio, and Christopher Walken.

[YOUTUBE]x2zN53Vwnz0[/YOUTUBE]

I'll have to check it out, great cast.

New season thankfully just started last night. An awesome opener. Hot damn that's a lot of stuff to catch up on though.

Indeed. And I'm already embarrassingly hooked on fucking Degrassi in all it's incarnations right now. No respite in sight.

The ROH website I write for now has a YouTube account. Here is the link for it. The only video up right now is the welcome video, but we will have more videos uploaded in the coming weeks. Subscribe if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/user/ROHWorld1?feature=mhee

Cool shit man, I'll check it out.

Two Questions for you, X:

1. Were you able to catch Impact from last week? I only caught the main event between Sting and Angle, but I thought it was a really good match. I was just wondering if it cracked your *** mark. I know Sting's work doesn't impress you these days, so I was curious what you thought of that match if you saw it.

I saw it and enjoyed it too. I didn't quite think it was enough to crack *** territory simply because of the finish, but it was still definitely a step above some of Sting's work in the past year. I look forward to his match with Flair honestly, even if they are ******ed for giving it away on free TV. So, so dumbn.

2. Have you watched the Breaking Bad episodes the past two weeks? No reviews on 411 and no comments about them here, so I assume you haven't. Well, you need to catch up, my friend. Shit's been going down on that show man, and you should no longer be behind on it if you are. :)

I watched last week's episode and liked it quite a bit, but didn't write a review. I still haven't seen this past week's episode, but it's on my DVR. Been going through some personal problems but I hope to be back on top of those soon enough.

Congrats on the rep power of 50, X.

Must feel good to be king, enjoy it before Slyfox realizes. I kid, I kid.

Ha, I used to have the most rep power back before the big rep system change and I've had the most rep on this forum for like a year or two now and the only person close to me is KB and he's like 3 or 4,000 rep points behind me still, which in the new system makes it kind of hard to make up. Admins got Rep Power of 50 when the systems changed, and I got knocked down to the late 30s I think. Had to built it up more, but whatever. I'm not admin yet but I do enjoy knowing people think I'm atleast a decent poster.

Sly will have no problem with it, he's all handshakes and smiles these days.

Anywho, I was wondering if you had seen any of NJPW's latest stuff? I haven't gotten around to it, haven't seen much since the Super Juniors Tourney, sadly.

I have indeed. If you check out 411, I've actually been posting reviews for NJPW all year long. I've posted reviews for almost every NJPW show televised from January to May of this year so far, still working on the BOSJ tournament though. I just finished with the Wrestling Dontaku 5/3 PPV a week or two back and have taken a short break from video reviews.

Oh he finally reached 50? Congrats.

Gracias Amigo.

I'm making my stand-up comedy debut tonight. It's only a five minute set, but that is plenty of time. If I can figure out how to upload videos from my phone, I'll post it in here or in another thread. That's if it all goes well.

[YOUTUBE]4081XFjLqe0[/YOUTUBE]

Didn't turn out as good as I hoped, but after 10 attempts this was as good as it was going to get.

Nope, because it starts out okay, but then there's a loud clicking noise or something, and that high pitched noise starts going.

Been listening to this song non stop for a few days now, typing up exceedingly long letters to the girl that broke my heart into a thousand pieces, figuring out if I want to get a drink with my sister at the bar. Oh lonely Friday evenings. Anyways, right, this song here is fucking amazing and you should check out this band CityCop. They're like, acoustic screamo. I know that sounds crazy but that's the best way to describe them. They mix the folk-punk ideals with acoustic guitars and screamo song structure and vocals, and it produces this amazing mess. Everyone should listen to it damnit. Plus, it's called "X", so it's basically my theme song from now on.

Been listening to this song non stop for a few days now, typing up exceedingly long letters to the girl that broke my heart into a thousand pieces, figuring out if I want to get a drink with my sister at the bar. Oh lonely Friday evenings. Anyways, right, this song here is fucking amazing and you should check out this band CityCop. They're like, acoustic screamo. I know that sounds crazy but that's the best way to describe them. They mix the folk-punk ideals with acoustic guitars and screamo song structure and vocals, and it produces this amazing mess. Everyone should listen to it damnit. Plus, it's called "X", so it's basically my theme song from now on.

I like this. Reminds me of some of the Clash's work fast forwarded to 2011. They remind me of the Clash in principle as well, the idea of being a punk band but experimenting with all kinds of stuff. I wish there was more good punk these days.

Are you familiar with the Vincent Black Shadow? We may or may not have spoken of them a year or two back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back