[Official] WWE Rejects To TNA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

TNA has talked about bringing in Giant Bernard (ex-Albert, A-Train in WWE). Bernard and Tomko are IWGP Tag Team champions in New Japan. Giant Bernard is a major star over in Japan.

Humm well this could happen as since Albert and Tomko are tag team champions in Japan this could very well happen. Now I have seen some of Alberts Japan stuff and he doesnt look that bad over and looks like his in ring work has gotten better. Since TNA has tomko already they could bring in Bernard to tag with tomko. I'm not to big on the move as its just another ex-WWE guy in TNA, but in two or so months dont surpirse me if he is in TNA

Thoughts?

i dont know either cause that just another wwe face in tna but i seen a couple of there matches and they make a pretty good tag team,and they have matchin tattoos so they look like a real tag team {gay on the part of albert considering the fact tomko already had the ink work done}i would rather see tomko compete 4 the world title on down the line.

Surely, the only point of an ex-WWE guy in TNA is to draw? There are few that can compare to the superstars on the roster on a wrestling level. How the hell would Albert fulfill this role? Simply, he wouldn't. He'd be more likely to drive fans away than bring any in.

I don't think it would be a bad move, but it wouldn't be a good move either. From what I've heard, A-Train and Tomko make a good tag team, and that is what TNA is needing. But they sign another ex-WWE guy, and people will continue to claim that it is a place for WWE rejects.

I really think TNA has more than enough guys who originated/made it in the WWE. I like guys such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, LAX etc. they should focus on bringing in fresh talent to make a name for their selves. For real, they need to start focusing on establishing new/future generation of superstars to continue on after names like Kurt Angle and Sting will finish in the upcoming years.

I have been lucky enough to see quite a bit of Giant bernard/a-train's work in japan due to some recent DVD purchases and a few choice downloads. His in ring has dramatically improved and his general demeanor has improved. I would be happy to see A-train in TNA as a wrestler not just draw material.

I think A-Train and and Tomko would make a damn awesome tag team in TNA, they could spice up the division some. I don't know what it is about big guys going to Japan and coming back but it always seems like the they comeback better. For example take Bam-Bam, Vader, and when Hogan came back from Japan in the early 80's he was a better wrestler. I think alot of that has to do with the fact that in Japan it is more about the wrestling and alot less filler and all that bull.

Source: WZ.com

TNA has asked for Matt Morgan to attend the tapings tomorrow night in Orlando, Fl. Sources indicate that TNA has huge plans for Morgan.

At this time we do not know whether or not Morgan will be available for the tapings tomorrow night due to flight delays regarding his return trip from Japan.

I have no idea what TNA is doing with all this former talent thatwas in the WWE, but is happening to the talent they already have? I mean you some of them. This can only lead to me believe that TNA is getting more airtime as if not then why bring in all these new faces.

Morgan was big guy in the WWE, but never really amounted to anything. I think he can do well in a big enforcer role, but he has the raw talent but I dont think he is worth it.

Whats next? Nathan Jones? I mean c'mon TNA.. Start searching indies for new guys and pulling from ROH and CZW and stuff like that. Stop getting WWE rejects. THey are WWE rejects for a reason

Wow,another WWE reject...just what TNA needs. Seriously Morgan was shit and that's we he was released in the first place from WWE. I barely remember him. They need to quit with all these has beens and build off young talent, But heres another guy that was nothing in WWE that some fans wont even remember coming in and probably getting a huge push and down the road all he will be is a waste. Hopefully he has worked on his wrestling skills. TNA right now already looks as a place just for WWE rejects and it will keep looking that way. Great job TNA way to build your roster.

I honestly see this as a desperate move by TNA. They have good stars currently that are more talented and more deserving than all of these ex-WWE stars. I mean it was cool to have SOME guys like Macho Man & Jeff Hardy.. some guys that can attract fans while establishing an actual future with future generation stars while those guys are to be buried with older guys currently. How can a company produce and live with no fresh talent?

Another Damn WWE reject! What wrong with TNA they cannot find good talent. who is the Talent scout anyway for this damn company? Like Josh said they need to look into these indies guy that have a lot of talent but lil Exposure.

when i opened this site this morning the latest headline was "former wwe star set for impact tapings" then i found out it was morgan

reading the replies to this thread not many even think of morgan as a star

where vince can take releases from other promotions and make them huge SCSA for example TNA dont seem to do the same.

until TNA can actually poach top wwe stars they should stick to grooming the young guys and established indie stars

I agree.

TNA needs to stop bringing in ex-wwe guys and build up more of there own talent and scout the indies for more talent. I have already read reports that they want to bring the A-train in. he could possibly tag wi tomko(seen as they IWPG(a think) tag champs) so they could be a new heel team to fued wi some people. But do you think TNA could be throwing a curve ball an havin morgan as James Mitchells new big guy?

Dustin Rhodes is expected to take on a persona in TNA like the Goldust character without using the name for obvious reasons. One ring name being tossed out internally is "Platinum." TNA started getting the storyline going with a promo on iMPACT! last night.

Not only are TNA bringing in Ex-WWE talent, they are also using the same talent with the same goddamn gimmick, just with a different name!

Is anyone else sick and goddamn tired of this? TNA needs to be there own promotion and not just WWE-Rejects'R'Us

It's been like this since the beginning... Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Ken Shamrock, Ron Killings, VKM, Tomko, Albert, Goldust, Angle, Christian...

The list goes on. People claim TNA is a great alternative to WWE, when really all it is is a circus of WWE rejects. It's pretty pathetic to tell you the truth.

I know Kevin Nash got his big break in WWF but for some reason, I always see him as a WCW reject, but your right Prax, it has been like that.

Who were Ron Killings in WWF/E? The only thing difference with TNA and WWE is that TNA use's it's X-Division well(for now)

Even most of the back stage are WWE/WCW rejects :( the future is not looking good for the orgional TNA boys

That's exactly my point about Killings, lol.

He used to be this jobber rapper called K-Kwick, he teamed with Road Dogg.

And even if you consider Nash a WCW reject, include those in the list! You could add Sting to the list.

And as for the X-division, it's entertaining but I wouldn't consider it good wrestling most of the time, a lot of the time it strikes me as a circus show. At least WWE is taking a step in the right direction puting Jamie Noble in charge.

Even most of the back stage are WWE/WCW rejects :( the future is not looking good for the orgional TNA boys

I know exactly what you meant. People like AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels are now being pushed aside while the new talent that comes in gets an automatic title shot. And to support your argument Da Vinci's Nightmare, I just read that Test and Too cool could be going to TNA.

You know i'm a big TNA fan but really I have been disgusted with the way they have been using their talent. This is just another example of it as there is no need to have a Goldust type character in TNA. I really see this as a sad attempt at doing something that well i dunno really I just dont see the point.

Add Matt Morgan, Rikishi, Brian Christopher, Test, etc to the list. It's just getting ridiculous. I don't understand how anyone can take TNA serious with the bullshit they're trying to pull. Do they think signing all these guys would get them ratings? They were released from WWE mostly because they sucked and couldn't draw!

I don't like this either. I think that people do need to calm down with the "wwe rejects" claim though, most guys will either be unknowns (to casual fans) or guys from wwe. However, they do seem to be going to "reject" or boring wrestler way. Goldust in TNA serves no purpose, and without the name or look especially serves no purpose. And these other guys, Albert/A-train, Test and Matt Morgan don't draw. I mean, it would be good to have former wwe guys like that in a jobbers. Let's see how platinum turns out...

I used to watch TNA rigorously when it was on Fox Sports Net but ever since they went to Spike TV it seems that the company has gone Down hill. I watched TNA because I wanted to see different talent on TV besides WWE, not to see WWE leftovers.

Ive always liked Goldusts gimmick so anything they do along that line i think would kick ass. I still think they need to bring Kanyon in as Mortis. God that would rule. Just leave Glacier out TNA!

And I thought WCW was bad when it came to re-using the WWE's older era. Unlike TNA these days, at least WCW created Goldberg, Sting (the crow gimmick & became a bigger star), Diamond Dallas Page and Booker T. What kind of future are they building with older stars when they all will retire tomorrow with no fresh & newer star power? If they want to succeed like the WWE, discover new talent, train them to be the absolute best overall and push them. This is seriously going way over the edge with TNA. WWE Version 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back