Official Unoffical Wrestlezone Tag Team Tournament 2 Discussion Thread

Foley won the WWF Tag team championship 7-8 times. With The Rock, Kane, Austin, Chainsaw Charlie and Al Snow I believe. I think he won WCW once as well.

If any, people will definitely go for the Rock N Sock connection. He and The Rock are huge superstars, and their team was entertaining. They won the Championship 3 times. They wrestleed together at WM 20 as well.

The MCMG should be in.They may not have had many titles but have a fuck load of experience.

Experience, exschmerience. The Guns are an awesome tag team, plain and simple. That's why they should be in.
And what about John Morrison?Should he be in?If so MNM or Miz and Morrison?

They should be in just for the fact they'll create discussion, even if they go out in first round.

Also does anybody know of any teams Mick Foley was part of?I can't for the life of me think of one.

Sarcasm? If not: Rock 'n' Sock ring any bells?

I would agree Mickey Whipwreck with Foley would also be a good idea. they won the championship twice I think, and I enjoyed watching them in ECW. The problem is I don't think many people would have heard about this team and seen their matches, compared to Rock N Sock connection.

If The Rock isn't with Foley, he's not in this tourney at all. I doubt many know about his runs with Bart sawyer in USWA.
He also won the Titles with The Undertaker, but if we put them together that would eliminate The Brothers of Destruction.

If Rock n Sock are gone...Rock and Undertaker were tag champs, as were Rock and Jericho. However, knocking out The Brothers of Destruction also would leave Kane and X-Pac together...but that would knock out Bob Holly and 1-2-3 Kid...

As far as John Morrison goes, I would probably choose MNM over Morrison/Miz.

Los Guerreros should get a nod...even if eliminated in Round 1...it's thanks to his time with Los Guerreros that Eddie finally got the gimmick to get him a main event push and main event at WM20.

With 64 slots and so many tag teams...as well as only 1 team per wrestler...there should be plenty of teams in the tourney! Looks to be shaping up well!

He also won the Titles with The Undertaker, but if we put them together that would eliminate The Brothers of Destruction.

Winning a tag championship means next to nothing in this. These guys were champions for one day. Won on Sunday, lost on Monday, never teamed again. It was one of those WWE moves to put rivals together and it didn't work. They're not a team, period.

K, so who is all in this now. And Juggalo's right. The NAO gotta be in this. It be a crime not to have them in. Also Londrick, I think only two teams had longer title reigns and lasts be honest, we all saw The 50's guys title reign after, they shuld've been champs longer.

K, so who is all in this now.
These Teams are in it so far
Uncle Shocky's Locks: (These teams are in)
1. Demolition
2. Steiner Brothers
3. Hart Foundation
4. Harlem Heat
5. The Outsiders
6. Money Inc.
7. Edge and Christian
8. AMW
9.The Head Shrinkers/Samoan Swat Team
10. Road Warriors
11. Rock and Roll Express
12. The Dudley Boyz
13. The Nasty Boys
14. The Hardy Boys

Admins Choice (first of two picks)
15. IC25 - Big, Bad and Dangerous
16. King Jake - Powers of Pain

Moderator/Admins Choice (One Pick)

17. HBK-Aholic - The Rockers
18. IC25 - The Thrillseekers
19. Monkey_Mania - The Brainbusters
20. Mr. Sam - LAX
21. Uncle Shocky - The Hollywood Blonds

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Freebirds. They changed wrestling forever with just something as small as entrance music. Also, don't underestimate how over they were as heels.

Only one mention of the Midnight Express, too. God, come on guys.

The Eliminators and Public Enemy deserve to be listed.

And if The Smokin' Gunns get put in this thing over The New Age Outlaws, the tournament truly loses all credibility. The New Age Outlaws are, without a doubt, the most charismatic team in wrestling history. Without them, DX's run without Michaels fails by the end of its first month. While the Smokin' Gunns were the top tag team at a time when the fucking Godwins and Body Donnas (I actually like the Body Donnas, though) were their biggest competition. Name me one REALLY good Smokin' Gunns match? Hell, name me one interview that was memorable? One catch phrase? One segment? You can't, because their gimmick was shit and their run was shit.

Me, I'm not a Freebird fan at all, but I respect them enough to put them in the tournament, if people select them in. But there are tons of great teams out there still, the Midnight Express, the Fabulous Ones, Somers and Rose, etc.

Oh and Luther went with Too Cool so we're up to 22 teams now. Ten more mods need picks.

I can't believe no one has mentioned The Freebirds. They changed wrestling forever with just something as small as entrance music. Also, don't underestimate how over they were as heels.

Only one mention of the Midnight Express, too. God, come on guys.

The Eliminators and Public Enemy deserve to be listed.

And if The Smokin' Gunns get put in this thing over The New Age Outlaws, the tournament truly loses all credibility. The New Age Outlaws are, without a doubt, the most charismatic team in wrestling history. Without them, DX's run without Michaels fails by the end of its first month. While the Smokin' Gunns were the top tag team at a time when the fucking Godwins and Body Donnas (I actually like the Body Donnas, though) were their biggest competition. Name me one REALLY good Smokin' Gunns match? Hell, name me one interview that was memorable? One catch phrase? One segment? You can't, because their gimmick was shit and their run was shit.

Let me be REALLY clear. I agree with this entire post save for the part I bolded. NEVER - under ANY circumstances - does one of Shockey's tournaments EVER lose credibility, for ANY reason. I am sick of hearing "if ______ wins / gets in, then ______ is a joke." I heard that shit with the music tourney, and Shocky's got more patience for it than I am. When anyone puts as much work into these as Shocky does, they EARN the right to criticize or make snide remarks. From now on, it's red rep.

Carry on, Shocky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back