• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Sheamus Wins The 2012 Royal Rumble Discussion

I wish everyone would quit bitching about Jericho not winning :banghead: I mean... the guy is 41... does it make more sense to push someone you've got another year out of or another 5+?

That said I enjoyed the match. And I did jump out of my seat a few times.
Do you mind explaining to me what months of videos for a return talking about the end of the world and weeks of silence and a promise of the end of the world was all about?

Want to know why this was a bad rumble

Best two parts:

Kofi saving himself with the walking handstand, and Ricardo Rodriguez with the beat up car.

It's called a BUILD. We'll get our payoff from Jericho in due time. People like you just aren't smart enough to know when WWE is just building anticipation. Dumbasses like you need an instant payoff but that's not the way to go. Jericho knows this and he knows what he's doing.

When you call out names like dumb, dumbass or whatever you are just humiliating yourself by not being able to argue properly. Instead of trying to prove your point, which you seem to struggle, you are just calling out names thinking you are arguing. That's one!

The creative has a history of changing the attention of a storyline so that guys like you forget what the initial storyline was. What was the name of the secret Raw GM again? Or why did Nexus invade Raw in the first place? That's not building up attention, that's not being able to end a storyline properly. That's two.

Not everything is bad, there are lots of great storylines that we follow, but if you always try to say WWE's shit doesn't smell, or wait maybe it will smell nice one day, I would say maybe it won't. So for today, it doesnt...

Another note on the Rumble match itself..........It felt like it was just a bunch of local jobbers in the match with 5 credible contenders. I mean seriously why put all the as you people like to say low card and mid card guys in it. Oh, that's right the WWE only has 5 or 6 top guys now.

So tonight, Sheamus won the Royal Rumble! Honeslty i was extremly extremly DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS PPV! This PPV litterally had the potentiol to be the best of all time, to further feuds, interferance, surprise entrances, returns etc. So lets see, there was no outside interference, no hiding outside the ring, nothing to further feuds, NO SURPRISE ENTRANTS REALLY! No guys returning from injury except for Kharma which doesnt count. THis PPV really has me upset! Chris Jerichos return litteraly was ruined! This was litterally the worst pPV of all time and i think i may have just lost complete faith in the WWE creative team!
What did you guys think?

:banghead:

Why are you disappointed?Sheamus was surely going to win this year because he was just out of track with no feuds whatsoever. I knew this from the start. Jericho didn't win the rumble because it is not necessary that he has to win the rumble if he is to face CM Punk. They can do a No.1 contenders EC like last year. This was the right pick. I am happy because if sheamus hadn't won this year he would have gone no where. Jericho can still challenge CM Punk.

This is BS. You are a true Jericho mark. Just Jericho doesn't win doesn't mean that this is the worst PPV ever. It was a great PPV. All matches were great. The Rumble was nice. Just get off the bandwagon and see the positives.

I'm not at all disappointed with this PPV. It wasn't the best i've seen but it wasn't the worst by far. Sheamus winning was unexpected and can appreciate it. I kinda figured he was gonna win though when I saw the commercial for the elimination chamber...its kinda like WWE likes to give you subliminal spoilers and once I saw that, I just had a feeling.
Now, here's where I have a small issue. I'm not ready to see Daniel Bryan main event WM28. I'm hoping he either, takes this heel role to the epitome of awesome and becomes a GREAT heel character, cutting some of the greatest promos ever, OR he loses the title to someone else. Either way, I'm not so hyped about this WM matchup. But hey we'll see what happens.

This was a great rumble I do not understand what people are complaining about. Sheamus deserves it, he has been floating in the mid card for a year while Daniel Bryan is running around with the title. Ricardo, Santino, Mick, and the announcers gave us a laugh. Cody, Miz, Zigs all put on a hell of a show. Nice spot from Kofi. Sheamus v Jericho was great at the end, 2 faces and a surprise ending. Karma was a great comeback. Road Dogg was a nice surprise. Randy didnt win (Thank God). What else do you want. Jericho can still face Punk or Taker without a Rumble win and he put Sheamus over because he is a Hall of Famer he doesn't need a Rumble win. What else do you want?

I was so sure it is either randy orton or chris jericho, but it is sheamus's day.
its all scripted - before royale rumble sheamus was competing against losers like oh i forgot his name tic tic tic oh jinder mahal,really. sheamus is two times wwe champion and where he is going no-where on top, until rumble,he wasted his 2011 year,he could be in the main events. i think we all heard that a battle royale is going to happen soon when randy orton won the 41 men battle royale back then in 2011, but it didn't happen, ofcourse they were planning this for rumble to push sheamus furher.wwe is doing good job pushing new talents like dolph,wade,cody,daniel bryan etc. And i think RANDY ORTON SACRIFICED FOR THE OTHER TALENTS to rise by not being in the main events much in 2011. anyway screw sheamus i m a huge fan of randy orton and always will be,wwe sucks without Sir Randy Orton.Respect randy guys atleast he is a real man not a loser,he has some weeks points(Cocky Arrogant Randy & Speechless viper), everyone has, i m sad that rko didn't won the rumble ,but he is getting his hands on wwe championships REAL SOON

Exactly. As Michael Cole would say, this thread is "vintage IWC." Complain about everything, refuse to admit anything was good. Waa waa waa.

The Rumble match was one of the better Rumble matches we've had in recent years. Entertaining from beginning to end...very few dull moments. I was very happy to see Sheamus win. He's been getting a strong push and I'm sure that will continue, leading up to his defeating Daniel Bryan at WrestleMania for the World Heavyweight title.

The only disappointing part is that this whole "end of the world" Chris Jericho thing doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they have it all planned out, but it sure is slow to get going.

And those people who are claiming this is the worst PPV ever seriously, like the person I quoted here said, just stop watching the WWE. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
i think it was a great ppv man punk vs zig was an instant classic, the rr just paved the way for a HUGE career that sheamus is going to have, karmas back, cena kane is still dragging along...no payoff to the embrace the hate on sunday but to hell with it! i watched it for free and i wish i would have bought it because it was a VERY unpredictable ppv

it was great ! sheamus deserved it after getting his match taken off the card at wm last year , and besides jericho didnt need the win . no we can have bryan/sheamus , jericho/orton , punk/hhh , taker/kane . enought with the punk/y2j feud , thats not going to happen .

I'm happy Sheamus won it. WWE continues to push their new talent instead of relying on veterans. Rock vs Cena is the major fight so let some of the new guys have the title matches.
A part of me is disappointed Jericho didn't win. It doesn't kill his momentum entirely but I can't help but feel a bit slighted.
However, if Jericho or Christian can't win the Rumble, I'm glad it was Sheamus. I would have flipped (in the bad way) if Orton won.

I'm glad that Sheamus won, I think he can put on a great main event match at Wrestlemania as a face and it's a little more exciting than Jericho winning since that was expected. Regardless of who won, that Rumble match was a HUGE disappointment and that's an understatement. Having all 3 announcers in the match? Really? 90% of the participants got eliminated in minutes. That ring was looking very empty throughout the entire match. As it was getting down to the final 5 people left to come out, I was very disappointed. I was expecting some huge names but I think this Rumble match really shows how WWE is losing its star power and a lot of those new names really aren't as over as they think they are. & Big Show eliminating both Rhodes & Miz together with barely any effort made the two of them look very weak after being able to within stand the match for 30+ minutes. Horrible booking.

It is funny most of you wanting someone like Barrett,Ziggler,Rhodes,Miz winning the Rumble. I don't really get it......I mean seriously I don't get it. None of these guys look like world champions and honestly other than Ziggler none of them wrestle like world champions. I have been watching wrestling for 25 years and none of these match up with the legends of wrestling. These guys are being forced down our throats. We don't get to choose who the next big wrestlers are. Sheamus looks the part and he is not a terrible wrestler. He is a classic brute strength guy. Now we have you all wanting guys who are 200 pds soak and wet getting world titles. I just don't buy these guys beating someone like Sheamus it's not believeable.

So Del Rio last year was more deserving than Sheamus? Great Rumble.... yall are a bunch of adult babies... crying ass grown men.

I'm kinda 50/50 with it. I came into this ppv thinking that Sheamus was somehow going to be involved in the SD title picture with the way he has been pushed lately. The Royal Rumble win, however wasnt necessary. I guess they want to leave the WWE title picture open in case things with Jericho and Punk, the obvious two choices for the title match at Mania, dont work out. They've had the whole Undertaker/Y2J rumor going around for a while now so I guess they want to wait and see what the fans would find more interesting. Anyway this is a fitting push for someone who has had their ups and downs these past couple of years. I was expecting some bigger names to appear at the Rumble, especially at the end but closing it with Jericho definitely made the whole moment more significant. WWE did a great job of picking the least likely person being rumored this weekend but still picked someone who could put on a great Wrestlemania caliber match.

I could argue about this all day going back and forth between how much this is a good thing or a bad thing. I personally feel a Jericho win would have been much bigger. People say he doesn't need it, no Jericho doesn't need its. For me, its not about whether or not he needs it its more about booking what make sense. I feel Jericho's return a month ago was perfectly timed for this event. People say he doesn't need it. Well did Undertaker need to win in 07? Or how about Del Rio last year? The guy won the biggest Rumble ever,was in the main event(if you wanna call it that...)of the biggest Wrestling PPV of the year, went on the capture the WWE a couple of times AND still fails to get a decent reaction.

I'm not trying to make this thread about Del Rio. I just feel the Rumble never really had that..jump out of your seat moment. When Sheamus won, I didn't do that. I kind of just sighed. Like okay, he wasn't really doing anything for awhile besides being a crutch towards Mahal. Had a short lived feud with Barrett and now he wins the Rumble and is expected to headline WM? I'm sorry, call me crazy but I just don't buy it.

People claim they hate the obvious and predictable but sometimes that's the way things need to go. You can't just swerve for that shake of swerving. Sometimes doing what its obvious is doing what makes sense. A Jericho win just makes sense in my book. Sure as many of you already pointed out, he doesn't need the win in order to have a great WM match/moment. However a win in the rumble would have had some depth to his story and even his character. It would have been the icing on the cake so to speak.

Oh well,what's done is done. Despite winning the Rumble you know the world title match is still going to fall under the radar regardless of who's in it. Sheamus vs Bryan? Triple threat with Orton? Who knows. Not so happy with the result but I can live with it.

PPV sucked overall. RR clearly showed how BAD the current roster is. 20+ of the entrants were jobbers. This makes the match boring to watch as i dont want to watch no names like jey uso, hunico, primo, khali and um...i dont even know most of their names.

Then we had cole, kharma, lawler taking up spots.:banghead:

Past RR's had much superior rosters which made the matches MUCH more exciting and actually made you guess. When Road Dogg came out it made everyone else in the ring look like shit. Thats pretty bad when Road Dogg has achieved fuck all in the last 10 years and he's STILL better than 90% of the current roster LOL.:lol:

I honestly looked at the rosters and im just like... "Who cares who wins this year?" Im not happy or mad that sheamus won. Im just disappointed at the entire roster for sucking so hard.

But congrats to sheamus. You mustve sucked HHH's dick pretty good last time you guys worked out. LOL at HHH's butt buddy winning. Not shocked at all.:shrug:

personally im not too disappointed that sheamus won. he definitely deserves it. it would have been nice to see a rumble win to add to jerichos legacy but oh well. i was amazed at the pop for ricardo.

personally im not too disappointed that sheamus won. he definitely deserves it. it would have been nice to see a rumble win to add to jerichos legacy but oh well. i was amazed at the pop for ricardo.

the ricardo spot might be the best part of this rumble... not a good thing, but the truth.

I am happy that we got a surprise winner in Sheamus, BUT I think overall it was one of the worst Rumble's ever. The best parts were Hacksaw & Road Dogg returning. Those were the only 2 times I actually got out of my seat and cheered.

The main thing is - WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT????!!!!!

Man, what a way to completely ruin all of Jericho's momentum. I don't care that he didn't win, but after Raw on Monday when he said the end of the world as we know it is coming, and then they don't even have anything to do with that on the whole PPV!!!!

DAMN WWE!!! Every single time I get excited that we are going to be getting something truly awesome and mind blowing, you always, ALWAYS, disappoint me.

I'm glad Sheamus one, he's played a big part int he company for the past couple of years and has been a spokesperson for the WWE during that time. For people saying he's not deserving or that the win came out of nowhere is just crazy.

I'm always amused at the overreaction to whoever wins the Rumble.

The Royal Rumble, to me, i's never about the actual match, but how they book the guy afterward. Wait until a month from now, and we'll be better able to say how well this push is going. Del Rio made people happy, but they botched the buildup to him and Edge. If Sheamus gets booked well, this can be great. WWE didn't need a big name to win the Rumble, as the big matches are set. Now, they can build Sheamus, and set him for a great run to Wrestlemania

For everyone who thinks the SmackDown title match is Bryan vs. Sheamus, wake up. Imagine you are a booker, you've recently been toying with Barrett-Sheamus without a real match. Why? Because Barrett is going to be involved in the title match at Mania.

What about Orton? Orton vs. Barrett has been done, Orton vs. Henry has been done, Orton vs. Christian has been done. Now Orton vs. Sheamus has been done - but still has freshness to it but putting your two biggest faces together in the title match at Mania isolates your heels from that show, and with the brand split, though mostly non-existent there isn't that luxury, aka WrestleMania 17. Orton vs. Bryan hasn't been done but unless Bryan loses to Barrett at Elimination Chamber and Sheamus faces Barrett and Orton faces Bryan in a separate one-on-one match, not much is going to change.

Orton is SmackDown's biggest draw and he is either in a massive match (with massive being not Bryan, not Kane, not Henry, not Christian, etc.) or the title match. The shit is really going to hit the fan at Elimination Chamber. With Barrett/Orton/Bryan/Show/Henry/Christian taking the spots. Rhodes will apparently face his half-brother at Elimination Chamber before winning MITB. Barrett [heel] vs. Bryan [heel] vs. Orton [face] vs. Sheamus [face] will then go on to be the Mania Title match. So if Sheamus is losing, which I doubt, he is protected. If he is winning, which is highly possible, you can then have him shoot of to a Bryan feud before most likely losing the title to Barrett at SummerSlam.

I've watched two raws and a lot of hockey there, first time seeing a PPV.

The CM Punk match was the best, but not the best they've done. I dunno how it played on TV but the deal with the ref going down lasted a little too long for the crowd. The Cena/Kane didn't go over real well either.

Where I was sitting it seemed like Orton got the best reaction then Road Dogg, The King, and Booker T going into the rumble. Jericho's entrance was up there too. Cena had some of the best heat before the match. Then it was just boos and boredom after. Ricardo and the sock off between Foley and Santino got more of a reaction than Brodus Clay.

I was pretty disappointed. We chose to see this instead of UFC in Chicago this weekend. The UFC event was a bust so I thought we made the right choice. I would have been let down had I paid 50 bucks to watch this on tv. I guess that's the risk you take when you buy tickets. I usually enjoy the rumble but this year seemed a bust.

For instance ADR wins last year now Sheamus. As a wrestling fan if I pay however much for a ticket or PPV I expect a certain something. The fans wanted Jericho to win more than they did their own hometown guy Orton. The fans were absolutely dead when Sheamus won. No One expected that. No one wanted that. Look at the names of past winners. Michaels, Orton, Benoit, Austin, and Rock. Sheamus doesnt belong there. No one wanted this. You guys need to stop settling for less than what we want. We keep these guys in business. We matter more tan they do in my opinion. Look at this crowd when Sheamus wins. Absolutely disappointed. :suspic:

http://xpressvids.info/dm.php?id=k6lIwJcV1n16A22KhGN

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back