• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] Roster Cuts & Acquisitions Thread

With hogan working on his way into tna. I remember hogan doing this at a w.w.e. show
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jb0srT7S7ag&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jb0srT7S7ag&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
I got a feeling from this that hogan and the mach are still friends and i was wondering if anyone thinks that hogan could try and bring in the macho man. With the way vince has black listed him from w.w.e could the macho man help tna at all. Just a thought and i was wondering what your thoughts on this would be.
I personaly would like to see him on tna in some way or another and just see what he is able to do in the ring or maybe help some of the younger guys
I just realized that this was the pay per view thread..sorry feel free to move if it is needed

Guys let's just face the fact once and for all that Jeff Hardy is STILL one of the most over men on the planet. If Jeff made his way to TNA RIGHT NOW, TNA would get a real nice following along with him. If Jeff in somehow or some way decides to go to TNA, TNA would have made the move that eventually puts them on par with WWE. It only takes the right guy to make this a real war.

Really? TNA can sign Jeff Hardy right now and nobody outside of the IWC will know about it...because Spike doesn't advertise shit. And honestly if Jeff Hardy Version1, Christian, Sting, KURT FRIGGIN ANGLE, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Mick Foley, Booker T, and soon Hulk Hogan couldn't turn TNA's corner, how is Jeff Hardy Version2 going to?

Honestly. he's loved by kids...who don't make the purchases so if the parent aint having it, no dollars. Loved by ladies...who, said for a small few, are only there beacuse of their boyfriends. Which means they're not spending dough. The only fans (and dollars) that Jeff Hardy can draw without WWE's marketing is horny middle aged mothers whose kids love this dude.

And separately, Jeff can sign tomorrow...his beloved fans on the IWC will laud this as the greatest thing to happen to wrestling since a 3 count, they will be too hard on to watch what will happen so they'll read spoilers. And then they'll find something else to do on Thursday nights when IMPACT is on.

TNA draws the same ratings as ECW, WWE's THIRD BRAND.

TNA is not a legit #2, they are number 2 because the top 3 brands are under the WWE banner. TNA is number 2 by default. In reality TNA is the best non Vince owned company in the country, which makes you the FOURTH best wrestling company in the country.

For those who recently decided to check out TNA... Jeff Hardy was already in TNA... I think TNA helped WWE management realize that they could market him beyond mid card. However he just kept on messing up. IMO, if Jeff would return to wrestling. I would think that he should consider signing short term with TNA to rebuild his image again before going back to the WWE.

TNA is not a legit #2, they are number 2 because the top 3 brands are under the WWE banner. TNA is number 2 by default. In reality TNA is the best non Vince owned company in the country, which makes you the FOURTH best wrestling company in the country.

You are so fucking stupid. The so called "Top 3 brands" you mentioned are all one company. TNA is the second biggest wrestling company in the US. Just because McMahon has three wrestling shows doesn't mean he has 3 different companies. It's all one company and TNA earnt their spot, look at companies like ROH they started at the same time as TNA and haven't had anywhere near the same level of financial success. So how about you stop being a WWE mark and stop trying to run down TNA just because it isn't something with Vince's name stamped over it.

From what I gathered, Savage isn't close to Hogan at all anymore. I could be wrong. But I had at one point prayed that Savage would show up in TNA if anything just for a promo with Jay Lethal. He had already given the gimmick his blessing, but an on-air thing could've worked.

At this point, I don't care to have Mach in TNA, I think the focus on the old has been what's holding them back. I understand the financials to Hogan signing, but I still can't see more good than bad.

You are so fucking stupid. The so called "Top 3 brands" you mentioned are all one company. TNA is the second biggest wrestling company in the US. Just because McMahon has three wrestling shows doesn't mean he has 3 different companies. It's all one company and TNA earnt their spot, look at companies like ROH they started at the same time as TNA and haven't had anywhere near the same level of financial success. So how about you stop being a WWE mark and stop trying to run down TNA just because it isn't something with Vince's name stamped over it.

I'll address this only because I'm bored, follow me and keep up dumbass...

Hypothetically:

The 3 most popular sodas in the US are Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Pepsi One
Coke comes in at number four.

Yes Coca-Cola can say they are the second best soda company in the US because PepsiCo owns the other 3, but that is still spin. The fact is they are the fourth best soda option in the US.

So maybe using 'company' instead of 'brand' might be why you wet yourself. Sorry, I'll replace it with OPTION. People watch RAW, Smackdown, ECW, and THEN TNA according to the ratings.

As for me being a Vince 'mark'...no BooBoo m'boy, I'm a realist. I actually like TNA, have for years, bought the weekly PPVs back when your short-n-curlys weren't grown in yet. I still watch and appreciate the product today but I am not marking out for them (like you) are WWE. I see the business as a whole, I've seen companies come and go all trying to capitalize on either the formula that worked in the 80's or the hype that the MNWars brought. I can give TNA props for surviving this long, but in reality NOBODY outside of hardcore wrestling fans know who the hell they are.

They're weekly shows and most pay per voews are in an arena that has to allow people in for free. So they bring in no gate whatsoever, and the crowds are not genuine. They do tour, but not with much success and they are still virtually shut out of the Northeast. Not one PPV has come past Philly in TNA's history. I'll be impressed if they honestly think they can be successful/profitable without ever being in NY/NJ for a major event.

What I want from TNA is to realize this and do something about it, not spin it to something bigger than it really is...they have you for that.

And Jeff Hardy is not the answer for TNA, I've stated my reasons before. Now the rest of this discussion should go to another thread. Start one if you like.

Thanks for the entertainment...

Lets look at this from all angles.
+1.jeff hardy has won the IC,tag team,hardcore and world titles.
+2. When jeff was tag teaming with mat, jeff was connecting more with the fans.
+3.Had some Great matches and an unforgettable with edge and christian
+4.is a merchandise selling beast.

-1.Penchant for drug abuse
-2. always getting suspended
-3. his mic work need improvement
-4. always in trouble with the law

Im not bashing or praising hardy. Yes hardy has fans and is way too over and has some good credentials to his name but he is not the guy to save TNA from the mundane Stale quality of wwe wrestling that everbody is brainwashed to watch but he will bring fans....HIS fans If TNA wants to beat Vince ane the WWE monster then they need to do the following

1.Develope fresh new and engaging storylines.
2.give The TNA originals a chance to shine
3.ADVERTISE their brand as much as possible
4.GIVE THE OLDER WRESTLERS LIMITED ROLES IN THE STORYLINES.
5.LEARN TO BOOK MATCHES THAT WILL OUT SHINE WWE

I must admit jeff can do SOME good in TNA but to save the company that is a tall order for him to fill.If Team 3D,Rhyno,Sting,Main Event Mafia and Mick Foley aren't significantly giving TNA new life then Jeff Hardy or Hogan wont be any different.For TNA toTie or I should boldly say take the#1 spot from WWE then they must offer What vince hasn't thought of yet and build on it and be more creative.Jeff is good But not the savior of any company.

Teen girls and little boys are the only fan base this fucker has,

But there are a lot of teen girls and little boys, and they buy tickets and T-shirts and PPVs. TNA would give their right or left testicle/ovary to get John Cena, and you've described his core fanbase. They wouldn't exactly donate an organ to get Jeff Hardy, but I they'll open the checkbook.

I usually make a distinction between WWE Rejects and WWE Retreads. WWE Rejects are guys who were in WWE but who were never really successful. Sign ten of those guys, and maybe one will be Matt Morgan. WWE Retreads are guys who had success in WWE, but WWE didn't want them anymore. Nash, Booker, Steiner, the Dudleys, Rhino, throw in Lashley--even though he's young, he had every opportunity in WWE and still didn't matter.

The third category is so rare I don't even have a shorthand for it. That category is guys who were stars in WWE, are still physically capable and who are available to TNA. That category so far has been "Kurt Angle" and maybe Christian--I'd say it was a stretch to call Christian a star in WWE, but he doesn't exactly fit with the Rejects since he has a wall full of title belts and he's definitely not a Retread.

If Jeff Hardy stays out of jail (Matt HArdy's propaganda doesn't convince me, although maybe it convinces MAtt), then TNA should definitely push to get him. Dixie Carter is talking smack about Now or Never, so screw what happened in 2005.

Savage did show up in TNA at one point in time and was supposed to sign with the company. His demands were so outrageous that they told him to hit the bricks. I love Macho Man from back in the day, but his time has passed sadly. A few years ago when he came in I was all for it, but now? I really think this is a bad idea. As it is we might end up seeing Beefcake and the Nasty Boys in TNA and I am not looking forward to that at all.

I'll address this only because I'm bored, follow me and keep up dumbass...

Hypothetically:

The 3 most popular sodas in the US are Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, and Pepsi One
Coke comes in at number four.

Yes Coca-Cola can say they are the second best soda company in the US because PepsiCo owns the other 3, but that is still spin. The fact is they are the fourth best soda option in the US.

No that's not "spin" that's called accuracy. Products =/= companies. Also you used a pretty pointless argument as you've listed products of two companies one of which is number 1 and the other which is number 2. So your original point is still invalid.

So maybe using 'company' instead of 'brand' might be why you wet yourself. Sorry, I'll replace it with OPTION. People watch RAW, Smackdown, ECW, and THEN TNA according to the ratings.

You're right, your incorrect use of terminology was what I was getting at. But let's take a look at something else: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/tnas-impact-beats-wwes-ecw-in-2009-ratings-hh-average-80601

Oh that's right TNA beats out ECW so that would make them the "Third-best option" in your words. So you're still wrong. Congrats

As for me being a Vince 'mark'...no BooBoo m'boy, I'm a realist. I actually like TNA, have for years, bought the weekly PPVs back when your short-n-curlys weren't grown in yet.
Wow you're so cool, I mean that's so awesome how you're acting as though you're older than me. Wooh you've been watching TNA from the start. So have I. But never mind you're just a dumbass who can't actually form an argument.

I still watch and appreciate the product today but I am not marking out for them (like you) are WWE.

Did you just call me a WWE mark? Are you that fucking thick, can you even read? Yes here I am supporting TNA, I must be a WWE mark. You seriously make no sense.

I see the business as a whole, I've seen companies come and go all trying to capitalize on either the formula that worked in the 80's or the hype that the MNWars brought. I can give TNA props for surviving this long, but in reality NOBODY outside of hardcore wrestling fans know who the hell they are.
Yeah you'd have a good point except that if we take into account that hardcore wrestling fans which pretty much is the IWC make up 10% of wrestling's audience and we take into account that TNA get's between 1.0 and 1.3 most of the time then your claim that it's only watched by hardcore fans would most likely be false.

They're weekly shows and most pay per voews are in an arena that has to allow people in for free. So they bring in no gate whatsoever, and the crowds are not genuine. They do tour, but not with much success and they are still virtually shut out of the Northeast. Not one PPV has come past Philly in TNA's history. I'll be impressed if they honestly think they can be successful/profitable without ever being in NY/NJ for a major event.

Their weekly shows are in a themepark that charges money for entry. If they charged two sets of entry fees no one would go. To say they don't bring in any money from admission is also incorrect, they still get a cut form UniversalStudios. As for their tours they have multiple sold out arenas on their international tours. So just because they don't have massive success in the US doesn't mean they don't have it elsewhere. In fact outside of the US and Canada TNA tends to do better than the WWE in most markets. Especially Australia.

What I want from TNA is to realize this and do something about it, not spin it to something bigger than it really is...they have you for that.

Oh yeah man, I'm a total spin doctor. Never mind that it's an actual fact that TNA is the second biggest US wrestling company. No that is in fact "spin" because another company, who have much larger mainstream appeal, has two shows that get higher ratings. Yup. TNA is doing something about it, the only area they need mass improvement in is advertising and by bringing in a wrestler like Jeff Hardy they immediately increase the number of potential viewers that they have access too. For someone who claims to see wrestling as a business you really don't seem to know a lot about making business based decisions.

Jeff Hardy = Money. The amount of kids wearing Jeff Hardy arm bands in the WWE audience is huge. The pops he got on a nightly basis in this past year were also huge. If TNA signed Jeff Hardy as soon as possible (provided he's in the clear legally) and brought him in on the heels of Hogan's impact debut not only would the potential payoff be massive TNA could leap from 1.3 to 1.9 in a matter of weeks.

Jeff's main fans are kids who's parents will probably be a little iffy about letting their kids watch TNA...that being said most parents to make sure the material is kid appropriate before they let their kids watch it...

I don't know. I don't think it would make much difference. If Kurt Angle, Booker, Steiner, Nash, etc. don't make a difference I don't see how Jeff could...

Just My Opinion

If Kurt Angle, Booker, Steiner, Nash, etc. don't make a difference I don't see how Jeff could...

First of all, TNA could screw it up even if they got Jeff Hardy. They got Kurt Angle and managed to have it not matter. But the rest of TNA's acquisitions are old and very limited in the ring. Angle and Jeff Hardy can have incredible matches with Styles, Joe, Daniels, the Motor City Machine Guns and the other X-Division guys (that's their official label, right?)

Plus, Jeff Hardy has a fanbase. They believe in him. And I think his fans would follow him. (Hopefully they don't follow him to jail, but there you are.)

Seems as if i have offended the man sucking jeff off every hour on the hour..

I'm not offended. I'm amused. Seriously, can we really even debate my claims? He sold a shitload of merchandise, and was superover with the live crowds. Are you going to try and tell me I am wrong?
and to the man who said jeff is one of the most beloved superstars in the history of the wwe....it appears you have been stealing from jeff's stash.

Wow, I never mentioned the history of the WWE. All I said is that he got the loudest pop in the company on the day he left.

ANYWAYS he is an ok worker who hasnt had a great match w/out a ladder ever!

His match with HBK on Raw last January was amazing. The matches with Jericho right before his suspension was awesome.

Teen girls and little boys are the only fan base this fucker has, every guy i ever talk to hates this fucker, hes shit, he's sloppy and hes gonna be in jail eventually.

Well, the the guys you hang out with are in the majority, assuming you have friends. Read these boards. Plenty of guys like him.

he's terrible on the mic. and him be a world champion is an absolute slap in the face to the title(as if it hasnt had enough low points...cm punk..fuck..)

If you ever want to use a fact, feel free.

anyways he will never be the big player others say he is. if he ever headlines a wrestlemania or has an extended title run i will probably stop watching wrestling entirely,

Does that mean we won't have to see anymore of your posts, because that would be great. You use no facts, only assert assumptions, and make little sense. Jeff Hardy has a following and he was super over. What else does a wrestler need?

he should remain mid card and just be in a tag team.. hes nothing special never will be..

Except to his giant legion of fans. This is the legion that rivals anyone in the business. If you don't think those people would tune in to TNA to see him, you are out of your mind.

to those of you who disagree. good for u land of the free voice ur opinion and this is my opinion, he sucks and he looks like a punk on halloween.

He sucks so much that his pops are huge, his merchandise sells, and he singlehandedly made CM Punk a legit heel. Right. TNA would be blessed to get the giant rub and fan base he brings.

Are you forgetting Jeff Hardy has a back problem he hates tough schedules and he even hinted see in the future which was Jeff Hardy's entrance theme
He obviously is coming back to TNA and hell why not he was well treated there and he sold lots of merchandise for TNA
he may be a screw up and made headlines for drinking and driving and carrying illegal injectables etc but he still draws fans more than CENA does!

How did I miss out on all this fun?! Thanks for advertising it in the Bar, FTS...

On topic: Jeff Hardy is a great ratings Band Aid for TNA. He was there before, and was huge for current fans, but he was also not a former 3-time WWE champion. Now he is. WWE fans would tune in and the IWC would mark out all over themselves, requiring vast amounts of tissues and lotion.

For the long term however, he is a liability. There's not much "new" for him there. He's feuded with all the top dogs, and feuds with Morgan, Hernandez, and Lashley would only go so far, with them all being big athletes, wrestling a completely different style. They can't just drop him to the mid-card, fighting guys like Red, Lethal, Creed, and Suicide, can they? Who would buy "Jeff Hardy - The Mid-Card Overachiever"?

If they bring him on a pay-by-appearance contract, it would be best. He won't get any title shots, and he has the opportunity to keep his name in the forefront of wrestling fans' minds, while working a few matches against new opponents.

As usual, I agree with NightShiftLoser here. Jeff could definitely give the ratings a hot-shot and attract a certain cross-section of viewers, but I think it's about getting a performer to build your show(s) around. Unfortunately, Jeff doesn't have that going for him.

However, I think Hardy vs. Styles for the title at a PPV could see a great buy-rate spike.

As usual, I agree with NightShiftLoser here. Jeff could definitely give the ratings a hot-shot and attract a certain cross-section of viewers, but I think it's about getting a performer to build your show(s) around. Unfortunately, Jeff doesn't have that going for him.

I'm amazed I forgot to even point out that he's a liability for the long-term. He may show up ready to work, and ignite the locker room, but what happens when he shows up popping pain killers, or whatever else he finds for himself?

What if he gets billed for a big show (BFG?) and then no shows because he's passed out in his hotel room? TNA is slowly working their way up the ladder, and can't afford to put all their chips on a guy that could implode at any second.

I'm amazed I forgot to even point out that he's a liability for the long-term. He may show up ready to work, and ignite the locker room, but what happens when he shows up popping pain killers, or whatever else he finds for himself?

What if he gets billed for a big show (BFG?) and then no shows because he's passed out in his hotel room? TNA is slowly working their way up the ladder, and can't afford to put all their chips on a guy that could implode at any second.

Absolutely. As I stated in an earlier post, Jeff's got so many things going for him, he could be a tremendous asset anywhere. The unfortunately flip side is that, even when he was in the WWE, it was hard to maintain a steady push for him. Between Wellness violations and other drama, he HAD to be pushed quickly whenever possible, because he didn't sustain for long.

It's like many other extremely bright stars. They radiate at a high level, but only for short periods before burning themselves out. And I'm not talking about burnout in the ring here, people. I'm talking about other forms of burn-out . . . like injuring his body, over-dosing or getting himself arrested.

Have I missed something? Has Jeff Hardy actually been cleared of all charges? Because if he hasn't, that's Hardy's main priority right now; not the WWE or TNA. But for argument's sake, let's say the charges are moot.. Hardy is a merchandising machine and TNA would wisely draw from that ATM. So he burned them before, so what? The main currency in wrestling is marketability and Hardy still has that in spades-even more than he did during his first go-around with TNA.
What I wish all the male fans that bash the likes of Hardy, Cena, Mysterio & DX for being so over with the children and women would realize is that they make WWE (and therefore Mc Mahon) the most money. Who do you think buys all the merchandise? The mothers of all those little boys begging for a Hardy bear, Mysterio mask or Cena shirt. Where do you think most of WWE's revenue comes from? It's not the ticket sales or even PPV's-it's the merchandising. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that wrestling's major & ideal target audience has always been the youth. For one, the youth have all the expendable income. Secondly, if something is trendy or popular, it's not because a bunch of 50 year olds like it; it's because kids and teens like it & spread the word. Mc Mahon's wet dream is to make wrestling popular among the Clearacil crowd. I'm sure TNA's dream demographic is the same.
Think back to classic regional wrestling on Saturday mornings- it came on either after cartoons or against them-coincidence? Wrestling is, at its Freudian core, about superhero vs. villian. The only time wrestling veered away from this was during the Attitude Era of the 90's. But now the PG rating is back to skewer the product to its younger demographic.
As for the likes of wrestlers such as Hardy & Cena, it's all about marketability.
You could be the most technically proficient wrestler of all time, but if your persona/gimmick doesn't sell t-shirts it hardly matters. TV exposure (and thus pushes to some degree) will always be based on marketability. Mc Mahon doesn't care if the IWC crowd hates Cena; he cares about the millions in revenue that a Superstar like Cena rakes in. Being over is the ultimate goal in wrestling-so how can anyone dub Hardy a failure or a loser? And from that perspective, Hardy still equals liquid gold and could help TNA in some form.

^^ Yeah. Macho wrestled at Victory Road 2004 in a six man tag match. But, Savage was moving in slow motion, wrestling like a heavily sedated geriatric!

After the event, apparently he had a meeting with Creative, they informed him that they wanted him to put Jarrett over in a title match at the next PPV, Savage though, had other ideas. Believing it was still 1989, Savage demanded that Jarrett put HIM over clean! When Savage was told that wasn't going to be the case, he packed up his beard dye and stormed out!

Purely from a character standpoint, I wouldn't mind seeing Macho Man back on TV, but I'm probably in the minority.

Also, Savage and Hogan as stated before do NOT get along. They've had a love hate relationship for years. Randy feels that Hogan sabotaged his career claims Hogan in his shitty WWE autobiography. Remember, Macho cut that promo on Hulk, HHH and Steph on his website a few years back, calling out Hogan for a legit fight...

Savage in TNA would work for only one reason. To make a bold statement (not neccisarily words) & put people over. It'd be great for him to form a tag team with Lethal, & let them win the titles in a fluke match against British Invasion.

Secondly, after him and Lethal are through as a team, put Savage in a managerial role for Robert Roode. Roode has his look & part of his gimmick, then have Savage turn on him & put him over in a match!

I don't know. What happened when Kurt Angle showed up popping pain killers? Oh! Ratings went up. Jeff has a bigger following. Nice try. Fail.

What if he gets billed for a big show (BFG?) and then no shows because he's passed out in his hotel room?

This is stupid. Can you give me some facts instead of what-if's? What happens if the Impact Zone's roof caves in in the middle of a match? They should just close down the company.

TNA is slowly working their way up the ladder, and can't afford to put all their chips on a guy that could implode at any second.

Good, because I said they should put all their chips on one guy. I fucking said they should bring him in. How is that going all in on him? There is something between the extremes. How is bringing him going to hurt the company? Please try using a good argument instead of the "well, he could...." that you have been using. Well, he could turn into a dragon and breathe fire on AJ.....:lmao:

For the long term however, he is a liability. There's not much "new" for him there.

Really? If Jeff Hardy has had feuds with Kurt Angle, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe, it's at least been a looong time. Youtube Jeff Hardy Kurt Angle showed a match from Raw 2001 and then a match between their action figures.

I think that feuds with Morgan, Hernandez, Roode or Storm would be OK but not stellar. I think he would work well with Desmond Wolfe, Daniels, Homicide or the Machine Guns, but he shouldn't stay long in the X Division.

If they bring him on a pay-by-appearance contract, it would be best.

Or an annual "Congratulations on not screwing up" bonus.

TNA is slowly working their way up the ladder, and can't afford to put all their chips on a guy that could implode at any second.

Umm, I think that that particular horse is already out of the barn. Their centerpiece got himself arrested for stalking his girlfriend and had a couple of vials of HGH on him, remember?

I know that Angle was cleared of just about everything, but he has significant get-your-life-together issues.

What I would do if I were TNA is have a rotating black book of former-champions, always keep a couple hanging around. That way, if Angle gets arrested or Nash gets a staph infection or Scott Hall no-shows, you have an out-of-nowhere surprise appearance by Nash or Steiner or Booker or Flair or RVD or Hall or Justice or Kennedy or Raven or Foley or Lance Storm.

"Here's a plane ticket, hotel reservations and a one-week pass to Universal. $1000 to bring your boots just in case, $10,000 if there's a disaster and we need you."

That way, instead of Rhino or Kip James, you get a Holy Shit moment--usually followed by an abysmal match. As opposed to Rhino and an abysmal match.

Hogan and Savage, from what we know, are not close anymore. This video I think was more of a digg at Savage than anything else.

I could see Savage show up in TNA to do something with Lethal at some point, but I doubt he would get back in the ring. Savage was definately slow moving during his very short run in TNA and his look is completely different now. His hair is completely white.. obviously he'll need to Just For Men it out. When you're close to 60, there is no reason to be getting into the ring unless you have a massive ego (i.e. Hogan) or cant live without the ring (i.e. Flair).

My guess is the next time we see Savage, it will be at the WWE HOF ceremony. Not sure when, but I think it's only inevitable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back