[Official] Roster Cuts & Acquisitions Thread

Who should be fired:

Shannon Moore: Let's admit it, he's only riding Jeff's coat tails, and that pisses me off. What's with his finisher anyway? Isn't that serveral people's standard move?
Rhino: He's never on TV anymore, and he's getting poorly used.
Dr. Stevie: They're not going that route with Abyss anymore, he's pointless. Fire him, or give him a big repackaging.
Kiyoshi: Inactive, was never over, or effective at getting heat.
Raven: He hasn't done anythin since getting signed. I've never been impressed by him.
Syxx Pac: Garbage. He'll just become a cancer.
Tomko: He's done nothing of value since signing

Sign:

Gregory Helms: He'll fit into the (dying) X-Divison nicely. I would like to see him keep the super-hero persona too.
Charlie Haas: A good overall wrestler, that was used poorly in the WWE
Shelton Benjamin: If he's used right, he could be a ME-er in no time.
Christopher Daniels: Easy re-sign
Tyler Black: No explaination needed.

Fantasy Signees

Evan Bourne: Turn him back into Matt Sydal. Use AJ Styles to help propel him into ME status, or, get over with the fans.
Matt Hardy: Hardy Boyz. TLC. Dudley Boyz. Amazing.
Maryse: Would be awesome in TBP.

According to The Wrestling Observer, TNA is said to be making some serious budget cuts in the coming wee. It's been alluded that some of the budget cuts would be made to TNA's bloated roster, which currently sits at 70.

Now, that's not an absolute guarantee that some TNA wrestlers will be given their walking papers. However, if that is what comes to pass, who are the top 10 TNA talents that you think should be released and why?

if it do come to that and some of the wrestlers are getting release here who i would release and why.

1. Brian Kendrick: O.K. so he a former WWE guy and he's a great athletes but he barely won a match since being in TNA and he doesn't even have a gimmick, he's just a guy being put in the ring when they need somebody.

2. Dr. Stevie: The guys is still on the roster even through he hasn'T appear on t.v. since the whole bischoff trying to get the mask off abyss thing. So why not just release him already.

3. Hamada: I'm sad to say that she should be release since she's miy favorite knockout but let's face it, she doesn'T belong in this version of the knockout division and would be better serve elsewhere.

4. Homicide: Another great talent that isn'T being use properly. He's ask for his release numerous time so why not give it to him and let him be free to do what he want elsewhere.

5. Magnus: Pretty good wrestler that could be use better in the WWE. He hasn'T been doing much since he changed his name so why not release him.

6. ODB: One of the favorite knockout of the impact zone and yet, she isn't been use since droping the knockout title to Tara in january. She deserve better then been on the sideline, so release her and maybe somebody else will give her a shot.

7./8.: Raven/Rhino: Same reason as Dr.Stevie. Those 2 aren'T being used and i'm guessing that the idea of forming an ECW type faction as been fogotten so let them go.

9.:Tomko: He look terrible and his a shell of it's former self plus TNA doesn'T know what to do with him so just release him like the WWE did last year let him go back to japan.

10: Taylor Wilde/Sarita: I had to put them together since they've been a team for a while now. Again same reason as ODB and Hamada, 2 talented wrestlers that aren'T been use that much accept for jobbing to other knockouts like Tara. I could actually see them go to WWE and have a better career that what they got going right now.

So here are my picks of who TNA should release if they decided to release some wrestlers. On a side note, i wanted to say that TNA should Release Jimmy Hart but let's face it, He'S the last of Hogan'S boys left so i don'T see him leaving anytime soon.

The 1st round of cuts since the Hogan/Easy-E regime is upon us.

TNA has approx 70 wrestlers (male and female combined) give or take 1-2 depending on if you agree with them being labeled on air talent. We always talk about crossing the line, but now we need to figure out who's getting crossed off.

For the sake of not breaking your internet I won't list all the talent available, but the list is http://www.tnawrestling.com/roster/superstar-roster. Excluding those who are either legitimately injured or are off for storyline purposes, who do you think will be looking for work with Waltman and Bubba? Who is the one person you think they may let go you would save?

These are my picks for those who need to kick rocks and why

Amazing Red - Red Mysterio really, REALLY needs to get some mic time. If you don't want to talk the fans can't connect with you. He'll never get over being the silent x-division jobber.

Abyss = Abysmal. I don't even think a heel turn would help. Whomever kidnapped Samoa Joe needs to drag his ass into that van and keep him there for like 6 months.

Eric Young - I can't take him seriously. TNA wants me to. It's not going to happen. Sorry bro.

Jimmy Hart - Why isn't he managing Bulk Hogan 2.0? You really don't need an on air contract to not do anything.

Kiyoshi - I don't think we've seen him since like late November. They might as well cut him loose if they don't plan on using him, although I would like to see him and Okada hook up.

Rhino- Bore Bore Bore!! Although to his defense I'd rather watch him than Cena. He was a beast 10 years ago, don't think his time is coming around again.

Rob Terry - He's too green right now. Let the 'E' train him up and snatch him back later when he is dropped from FCW.

Shark Boy - I never had a chance to see him wrestle in the last year or so aside from a web match actually, he must have bit the wrong person in the back.

Tomko - He might have fit in a year ago, but TNA has enough jobbers. Maybe Vince might want him to hang with Christian again.

Jesse Neal - I'm starting to like him, but not enough to not be able to sign someone I'd like more.

I didn't drop any of the knockedup division girls. Whoever is booking the Knockouts need to be fired on the spot though. They need to be used better before I can justify making any roster cuts. They can actually use about 3 new girls to round the division out.

Who would I save? Abyss. I don't care for him but I can see some potential in him as dominant big man in TNA. He would need to totally go Kane circa 2001-2002 though for this to work out and just destroy the entire roster one week at a time.

I couldn't find ten wrestlers I find worthless enough to be cut so I'll just list as many as I thought of. I have three criteria for judging this: Wrestling ability (based on my own assessment), Charisma, and their overall use in the company.

1. Sharkboy :Useless and has no charisma
2. Kiyoshi: Not being used at all, not very good at wresting either.
3. Tomko: Sloppy in the ring, has no charisma.
4. Amazing Red: No charisma isn't needed at all.

The next category is based soley on their lack of use to the company (ie. They have some talent, but with the bloated roster, are unable to use it at this time)

5. Brutus Magnus
6. Hamada
7. Rhino
8. Raven
9. Dr. Stevie

Cut Hogan they'll probably be able to keep everyone else.

That's a fact. It's one thing to cut folks like Shark Boy and Stevie, who probably don't make much, anyway. But what if they cut some of the Hogans, Nash's & RVD's?

Not that they will......but what if they did?

On the other hand, the budget cuts clearly indicate that the company gave their best shot at denting the dominance of WWE......and failed. Do you still think they weren't trying to take down the big boys?

Good try, TNA.

Stupid, but interesting.

I am not really buying too heavily into this budget story but I know what people are going to say. TNA ez bruk cuz sharkboy roster still, idiotz to kept him, cut make all problem better now. Cutting a bunch of no names that do not appear saves TNA almost nothing because of the way they do most contracts. If they really need to save money they will have to get rid of significant people. So if you want to play GM and buy into the story then pick some realistic names that do not have contracts they would have to pay anyway (meaning bottom rung and top rung are not viable solutions). Anyway, I am not sure how they could totally financially crash enough to be in really bad shape in a matter of months. They might get rid of some people that they do not really use or have much use for but they would likely be doing that anyway. If money was really putting a hurt on the company that bad, I think they would almost have to just bid Hogan fairwell, unfortunately for TNA/Hogan haters I doubt this is the case.

For me Helms-Daniels for a hire, I'd have to go with Daniels, older but not have a broken neck. But if they want to get the kiddies out for the 'super idiot' story line, look at WWE last run with him and Burchill. Can you say trainwreck? Rather have Curry man/Stone cold sharkboy.

Jeff Hardy puts a bad impression on kids but ineed he is a brillant wrestle whom gives 110 per cent . He and RVD were two of wwe finest and why they wernt taged there ill never know . Could these two high flyers be the next leigon of doom , Or even the hart founditon or nwo . i hope too see these two togher aqgain .. Can i just add as well :) As of next week Mickie James Could be a tna superstar as of The Hurricane Gerory Helems :) james name will be james Miss Mickie And The Tiny Torando :)

As is being reported on WZ, Roxxi has worked her last match (until she is brought back again in 6-8 months like normal) for TNA. And it does look like a pretty classless move. Roxxi is one of the best workers in the knockouts division. We've seen her get her head shaved, bleeding profusely in extreme matches, and legitimately break her leg in a match against Hamada. She heals up and makes a return to get her pushed... only to be canned in an impromptu (?) loser leaves town match. I noticed Roxxi seemed out of it at Slammiversary and couldn't figure out why, but Madison's promo did seem a bit rushed and now WZ is confirming she's gone.

It's messed up. TNA deserves a little heat for this, as the talent time and time again praises how much better TNA treats its workers compared to the E. But this smacks of a move that isn't too much better than the Montreal Screwjob.

It's been reported that TNA fired Scott Hall earlier today. Apparently, at least based on info that's out right now, Hall's firing is at least somewhat due to his legal troubles. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2010/0615/529172/scott-hall/index.shtml

Quite frankly, this is a good move for TNA. Let's be totally honest, Scott Hall is dead weight and has been dead weight for a long time. He doesn't really bring anything to TNA and has managed to scrape by his second run based on his name, connections and past accomplishments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back