• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] Roster Cuts & Acquisitions Thread

FromTheSouth

You don't want it with me.
Jeff Hardy has an amazing following. Jeff Hardy appeals to kids and adults alike. Jeff Hardy can hang in any division in TNA.

Is he the answer?

We all know that Hogan is coming, but he's 74 years old. His impact, while great, could be shortlived. He, of course, will not be the first WWE star to move to TNA. The problem is that all of them who have, have been wracked by injuries and age or, in Lashley's case, lack of personality and appeal. Jeff is a healthy star, who,a t the end of his WWE run, was still putting on quality matches. After his drug case is over, should he go to TNA?

I would say yes.

First of all, TNA is a bit lax on recreational drugs, so he would fit right in. Let's face it. The guy likes drugs and has money. He doesn't want to move past it. It looks as if his drug case will not be a trafficking charge, just posession. He will pay a fine and move on.

Secondly, he can still go in the ring. His feud with CM Punk showed that he is capable, although, it had been apparent for years. I bring up the Punk feud, because it was the most recent, but his matches with Edge, HHH, Undertaker, etc. over the years have always drawn rave reviews. His matches on Raw with HBK and Jericho were two of the free TV matches of the year.

He is a southerner, and that would appeal to the Impact Zone. In the tradition of the old NWA, TNA loves it's own. Case in point: AJ Styles. AJ is over with everyone for two reasons, his ring work and his accent. His promos are nothing special, but they get a rise out of the criowd because it is full of his people. Jeff is the same way.

Firstly Hulk is only 56 not 74 :lmao: but maybe you were emphasizing that he's too old to wrestle. And that may be. But we're still waiting for what exactly he's going to do in TNA. Hopefully the next iMPACT will do something more about that.

Also I think you're right about AJ. I'm from the south, and I always like to see people from where I come from fighting the good fight.

As for Jeff, well he's EXACTLY what TNA needs. And it would be the best place for him to go without getting banned for a month of a year or whatever else because of his random BS he likes to do all the time. Some guy was saying earlier that if TNA really wanted to bolster it's rating it would have to get someone big from WWE.

But I think signing Jeff would be one hellova task. I would actually be more surprised to see Jeff sign, than I was when Hogan signed.

NO he is not what TNA needs.. TNA needs to make its own stars, fuck man havent we learned anything from WCW? Make your own damn stars, O WAIT i got a great idea lets fill the main roster with people who have been there done that and are just getting the pay check out of it. Launch a new star, go over the edge be creative holy fuck. Stop starting all these god damn threads about o o o o o TNA will be amazing with Jeff Hardy, well if i recall he did shit last time he was there. and he was overrated in WWE glorified stunt man. atleast foley could wrestle without a ladder....

No matter which company he is with, Jeff has proven to be both an asset and a liability. In addition to his frequent drug issues, he also randomly decides he wants to do motocross or cross-stitch or whatever his next new side-project is . . . then takes time off or disappears. TNA needs young, capable wrestlers willing to give 100% to a company, which then allows the organization to build its reputation on their reputation. Jeff, at his best, gives bursts of 100% in-between bursts of next-to-nothing, and that doesn't present the kind of reliable, consistently bankable performer TNA needs.

That said, do I think Jeff appearing on TNA television now would make a greater impact than the Jeff that appeared on TNA television a half-decade ago? Hell yes. The man is a multiple-time World Heavyweight Champion now, not an untapped talent looking for his big break. Scooping him up now -- especially after his feud with CM Punk ended in a way which makes him legit look like he was "run out of the WWE" -- would be good for TNA. He'd have something new to prove and could probably really get over in feuds with AJ/Daniels/etc.

Still, TNA could never be certain just how much to invest in Jeff. One day he's here, the next day he's gone. That's not the sign of a guy you want to balance your checkbook around.

In response to Mooseknuckle, or moosefucker, or whoever that was....

All wrestlers are glorified stunt men. Do you have a point?

What lesson am I supposed to learn from WCW? If you stock your roster with former WWE guys, you can win the ratings on Monday night for 88 straight weeks? Is that the lesson you want me to learn?

WCW didn't fail because it was full of WWE guys. It failed because those WWE guys didn't know when to step aside. Is there anything in Jeff Hardy's past that would make you think he would hog the spotlight. Was it when they said, "Hey Jeff, thanks for selling more merchandise than everyone else and being the most over guy since Stone Cold. We're going to give you three World Title reigns that total four or five hours."

And, good thing the WWE never got over with former WCW guys. I know that Stunning Steve Austin and Mean Mark Calloway and Scott Steiner and Booker T never did anything for the WWE, but well......

You seem to not understand how the wrestling business, or the business world as a whole works, so let me help you. When someone has marketable skills, they get people to bid on their services. When one company pays more, they generally go to that company. Now, the companies are both building future executives (stars) from within, and the people at the top need to know when to let the old guys go and elevate the youngsters. Is TNA not elevating Styles, Daniels, Hernandez, Morgan, Abyss, and Joe while still featuring Angle and Steiner? Who is in the main event at Turning Point?

There is a common misconception on this board that not rushing every youngster with talent to the main event is a bad idea. How many people do you want on that level? Everyone wants to promote the midcard. They call for more exposure for the midcard, but the second someone shows promise, they want them elevated to the top of the card. The IWC is the worst thing that could ever happen to the midcard.

This might just be exactly what TNA needs. The name jeff hardy might just be enough to pull alot of new fans over. I'll tell you why.

TNA has made sevral aquisitions (bad spelling) of huge wwe stars like Kurt Angle, Mick Foley and Booker T. The problem is that all of those guys were considered older, vertran stars. These guys fans are already watching tna so while it might make them happy, its not making tna grow in the way that they want to. The majority of wwe's fanbase is actually younger kids. TNA needs to try to bring them over to their product since the older wrestling fans are already tna viewers. Hulk Hogan isn't the guy to bring over the younger fans since he is almost as old as bob barker. Jeff Hardy is a possible guy for them to get right now. He has a HUGE wwe young fanbase. If they advertised it properly then they could get some big ratings from his spilling over becuase young wwe fans would finally want to tune in. Hook them with great programming and something "epic" and there you go a 2.0 rating. From there they can grow even more.

TNA can't look at bringing in old guys anymore but young wwe fancrazed stars. They have this chance with Jeff Hardy. Also, i see something in jeff that hulk hogan, the rock and Stone Cold had. He might be that ENORMOUS ICON that brings about a new wrestling war between WWE and TNA!

TNA needs to continue developing their own stars, not continue to leech off WWE for talent like WCW did. Jeff Hardy is a great talent, but I dont trust TNA with him again. They werent able to capitalize on him the first time, why could they be trusted to book him right this time? With Hogan there now, I dont understand why ANYONE would want to go to TNA. Jeff would get buried in a mix of over the hill main event guys and get lost in the shuffle.

Jeff needs to get his life together and stay away from the road for a while. But even with that, maybe he needs the boys to help him keep his head on straight.

Also, i see something in jeff that hulk hogan, the rock and Stone Cold had. He might be that ENORMOUS ICON that brings about a new wrestling war between WWE and TNA!

It's hard for me to see Jeff Hardy's name alongside Stone Cold, The Rock and Hogan. One of those things just doesn't feel as iconic as the others.

And, FTS, don't forget about Jean-Paul Levesque, Steven (William) Regal, Ric Flair, Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, Goldust, Lex Luger . . . etc., etc., etc., all people who WWF/WWE brought in from NWA/WCW over the years.

In baseball and football, players get traded from team to team all the time. Sometimes they find much greater success with one franchise than another. It has a great deal to do with the climate of the team, how well they gel with the other players and what the management/coaches do with their talents. That's EXACTLY the situation with pro wrestling talents moving from one organization to another.

It's funny, though, because while most people on the IWC would bitch if TNA picked up a former WWE talent, they simultaneously REVEL in former (original) ECW talent being picked up. Is it me, or is the ECW far less relevant in the grand scheme of things -- especially now, nearly a decade after its glory days! -- than WWE ever was?!

First: TNA needs to keep developing their own talent, and maybe have a couple of big, recognizable stars to put them over. If Jeff will help put them over, then he's what TNA needs, if not, don't hire him just for the name.

Second: Regardless of his necessity, Jeff no showed two TNA pay per views in the past, that's why he got fired, so they're probably no rehiring.. that being said, it'd be awesome.

It's hard for me to see Jeff Hardy's name alongside Stone Cold, The Rock and Hogan. One of those things just doesn't feel as iconic as the others.

I didn't say he was as iconic as them but that i see something in him. When he enters an arena it erupts. He might just be the TOP merchandise selling man that the wwe had. Plus, he probably won't have their sucsess, but if he does play his cards right and go to tna he might have a shot. Back before guys like undertaker, The Rock and steve austin got big, you probably could never imagine putting their names next to gorilla monsoon, ric flair, hulk hogan and andre the giant. Now they are, so never say never!

The Glorified Stuntman to TNA again? Hell ya! I fucking hate the 2009 WWE Jeff Hardy due to his WWE title reign. But TNA could use him right now. Hell, make Matt join TNA and fued with MCM. TNA and Jeff is a great match. Jeff and Danials could go heel and fued with AJ.

Jeff Hardy isn't that good of a wrestler and he sucks on the mic. His gimmick is really stale too. The last time Jeff was in TNA he didn't boost ratings or pay per view buy rates. It was partly due to TNA's incompetence and mishandling but still. I don't think any one wrestler will be the key to TNA having success. They first thought Sting, then Kurt Angle and now Hogan will take them to the next level but until Spike TV and Viacom start promoting TNA properly there will be no change. The current product is already worthy of much higher ratings, buy rates and live attendance. Now that Hogan is here things may change. Hogan's status and name value will make Spike want to market TNA better.

Jeff Hardy isn't that good of a wrestler and he sucks on the mic. His gimmick is really stale too. The last time Jeff was in TNA he didn't boost ratings or pay per view buy rates. It was partly due to TNA's incompetence and mishandling but still. I don't think any one wrestler will be the key to TNA having success. They first thought Sting, then Kurt Angle and now Hogan will take them to the next level but until Spike TV and Viacom start promoting TNA properly there will be no change. The current product is already worthy of much higher ratings, buy rates and live attendance. Now that Hogan is here things may change. Hogan's status and name value will make Spike want to market TNA better.

That's because he didn't show up to them. If you ask me, Jeff burned way too many bridges in TNA for them to just open their doors to him simply because he made a name for himself in the WWE again once he returned.

I've always been a Hardy fan, but he's not "the guy" the company needs. What the company needs is to simply keep doing exactly what they're doing. The product itself is great. It's a matter of exposure at this point. People need to know it exists. Nothing more outside a few small character changes/free agent signings.

Though I'm not inherently against Hardy, I'm not exactly for him either.

Is Jeff Hardy the superstar that TNA needs?

His following sure as hell wouldn't hurt but I don't think him alone has the power to pull some of the WWE universe away from the product they have become so familar with and comfortable with. WWE has been around for a long long time and TNA has not. Would it help? Yeah. Would Jeff going there put TNA in position to compete with realistic chances of winning Monday nights? I don't think so.

As for the drugs and money. Yes TNA has a much less strict drug policy. They also have a much less strict appearance policy. Some and I stress SOME of TNA's wrestlers are SO out of shape they would never be working for WWE and the more freedom to use drugs COULD cause Jeff to become more out of shape therefore end up less effective in the ring. Just my opinion.

Jeff Hardy isn't that good of a wrestler and he sucks on the mic. His gimmick is really stale too.

You know what? You're right! It must have been his dancing on the ramp that got him so over with the crowd. I mean, with all the world titles that have gone to the likes of Scotty 2 Hotty, Rikishi, and R-Truth. What was I thinking?

OK, what you meant to say, "I don't like Jeff Hardy, so I'm going to make a general negative statement about him and present it as fact."

The last time Jeff was in TNA he didn't boost ratings or pay per view buy rates.

The last time he was there he was a WWE midcarder. Now, he's a three time World Champion. He brings a bit more credibility now, doesn't he? You're going to say no, but you've shown that being wrong doesn't bother you.
It was partly due to TNA's incompetence and mishandling but still. I don't think any one wrestler will be the key to TNA having success.

OK, you're right here.

They first thought Sting, then Kurt Angle and now Hogan will take them to the next level but until Spike TV and Viacom start promoting TNA properly there will be no change.

So, booking Hogan on Fallon and Larry fucking King doesn't count as promotion? I think a few people watch Larry King.

The current product is already worthy of much higher ratings, buy rates and live attendance. Now that Hogan is here things may change. Hogan's status and name value will make Spike want to market TNA better.

You're right. It will bring them some attention, but wouldn't bringing a guy who has three recent World Title reigns to the company be a plus? I mean he is a merchandise selling machine, he left WWE as the most over guy in the company. The more mic time he got, the better he got. Adding him to the mix seems like 1. a good way to get the X belt over in the short term, and 2. an interesting match against Styles and Daniels.

Also, no matter what you think of Jeff, he sells the hell out of everything. A match between Jeff Hardy and heel Joe would be amazing in their current states.

That's because he didn't show up to them. If you ask me, Jeff burned way too many bridges in TNA for them to just open their doors to him simply because he made a name for himself in the WWE again once he returned.

In wrestling, burnt bridges don't matter. In the quest for the wrestling fan's dollar, bridges are constantly rebuilt.

I've always been a Hardy fan, but he's not "the guy" the company needs. What the company needs is to simply keep doing exactly what they're doing. The product itself is great. It's a matter of exposure at this point.

Jeff is superover with the kids. If he brings the younger audience to TNA then TNA will have all the exposure they need. Kids will talk, and other kids will start watching.

People need to know it exists. Nothing more outside a few small character changes/free agent signings.

Though I'm not inherently against Hardy, I'm not exactly for him either.

I think someone like Jeff Hardy brings over a segment of the WWE audience. I don't expect him to make new fans, I expect him to pique the interest of WWE fans.

You couldn't be more wrong Jeff Hardy is a great wrestler don't you see all the high risk moves he does. He is great on the mic he just dosn't talk alot. He is one of the most beloved WWE superstars in WWE history for a reason you know. TNA could use Jeff, but Jeff will never go back to TNA out of loyalty to Vince and the WWE.

jeff hardy is garbage. he was never anything more than a mid card tag team wrestler who had everything handed to him. for a few years he was in nothing but number one contenders matches or title mataches for absolutley no reason, week after week after freakin week. it killed any chance i would ever have of liking him. he is horrible on the mic, has no developed character, and everytime he was given the ball to run with he failed miserably. he can take bumps and sell other peoples moves well but beyond that he has like three flippy moves and then he has no clue what to do. hes got to be the sloppiest, most unbalanced wrestler of all time, theres literally hours of videos of him just screwing up.

everytime he enters a ring from now until the end of time he should get the same reception he got in his one ring of honor appearance (which was horrible and sloppy as usual).

wwe's marketing machine is what made him popular, it wasnt his in ring work thats for sure and thats been proven everytime he tried to wrestle somewhere else.

besides didnt he shit on tna once already?

no one, least of all tna, needs jeff hardy. tna has its obstacles to overcome and so does jeff, they dont need each other at all.

jeff hardy is garbage. he was never anything more than a mid card tag team wrestler who had everything handed to him. for a few years he was in nothing but number one contenders matches or title mataches for absolutley no reason, week after week after freakin week. it killed any chance i would ever have of liking him. he is horrible on the mic, has no developed character, and everytime he was given the ball to run with he failed miserably. he can take bumps and sell other peoples moves well but beyond that he has like three flippy moves and then he has no clue what to do. hes got to be the sloppiest, most unbalanced wrestler of all time, theres literally hours of videos of him just screwing up.

everytime he enters a ring from now until the end of time he should get the same reception he got in his one ring of honor appearance (which was horrible and sloppy as usual).

wwe's marketing machine is what made him popular, it wasnt his in ring work thats for sure and thats been proven everytime he tried to wrestle somewhere else.

besides didnt he shit on tna once already?

no one, least of all tna, needs jeff hardy. tna has its obstacles to overcome and so does jeff, they dont need each other at all.

The sloppiest wrestler of all time...:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

If you find these hours of videos of Hardy slipping up, then more power to you.

Hardy is more established if he decides to go to TNA now then he was four or five years ago. Sure he has put his body on the line for years, but he's not even in his mid-30's and with the relaxed TNA schedule, he can compete for about five or six more years. He would work great in the heavyweight division and the X-division if need be. He still has a huge fan following and is insanely over and I believe would help TNA.

The last time he was there he was a WWE midcarder. Now, he's a three time World Champion. He brings a bit more credibility now, doesn't he? You're going to say no, but you've shown that being wrong doesn't bother you.

The last time he was there he was a WWE midcarder that EVERYONE in the IWC thought should reign supreme in TNA. He was still beloved by the kids and the ladies (both who cheer but don't spend money, men bring the kids and girlfriends) . He was wrestling's favorite spot monkey with no real actual talent. And everyone felt he was a key player that would bring TNA over to the mainstream.

He wrestled lazy, skipped shows, and trashed them on the way out. Bad business to re-sign him especially after the televised speech that if you're not behind the new direction 100% go ask Vince to hire you back. Not a great follow-up to bring Hardy in.

So, booking Hogan on Fallon and Larry fucking King doesn't count as promotion? I think a few people watch Larry King.

Hogan booked those shows BEFORE the signing for his book. He glossed over TNA on Larry King and spent more time promoting his Austrailia tour. Same thing on Fallon, he only spent 3 seconds on TNA and in those seconds he basically called them an upstart company that needed HULK HOGAN to be relevant. Yeah...great promotion. The truth is I only see TNA commercials DURING TNA programming. Why? I'm already in the choir...turn around and talk to THEM.Spike needs to promote TNA during UFC as a compliment to it as oppose to a detriment.

Seems as if i have offended the man sucking jeff off every hour on the hour..and to the man who said jeff is one of the most beloved superstars in the history of the wwe....it appears you have been stealing from jeff's stash. ANYWAYS he is an ok worker who hasnt had a great match w/out a ladder ever! Teen girls and little boys are the only fan base this fucker has, every guy i ever talk to hates this fucker, hes shit, he's sloppy and hes gonna be in jail eventually. he's terrible on the mic. and him be a world champion is an absolute slap in the face to the title(as if it hasnt had enough low points...cm punk..fuck..) anyways he will never be the big player others say he is. if he ever headlines a wrestlemania or has an extended title run i will probably stop watching wrestling entirely, he should remain mid card and just be in a tag team.. hes nothing special never will be..to those of you who disagree. good for u land of the free voice ur opinion and this is my opinion, he sucks and he looks like a punk on halloween.

Guys let's just face the fact once and for all that Jeff Hardy is STILL one of the most over men on the planet. If Jeff made his way to TNA RIGHT NOW, TNA would get a real nice following along with him. If Jeff in somehow or some way decides to go to TNA, TNA would have made the move that eventually puts them on par with WWE. It only takes the right guy to make this a real war.

Jeff Hardy didn't do much for TNA the first time. I doubt he would change anything if he went back. What I laugh at though is how people keep bringing up ideas on how to "save" TNA or improve it by signing guys like Christian, Rhino, Kurt Angle, Booker T, Sting, Hogan, Jeff Jardy, etc, but nothing from doing that helps TNA.

---

Good luck TNA on trying to fidn that secret ingredient although I doubt you'll ever find it.

Personally, I don't think it makes any sense when people talk about "saving" TNA. What about it needs to be saved?! It's one of Spike TV's highest rated shows and there is not indication they're gonna die anytime soon. People need to start being happier with the fact that TNA has come so far. Think about it: They are now the LEGIT #2 everyone was waiting for. This whole battle is only beginning, everyone needs to calm down.

Seems as if i have offended the man sucking jeff off every hour on the hour..and to the man who said jeff is one of the most beloved superstars in the history of the wwe....it appears you have been stealing from jeff's stash. ANYWAYS he is an ok worker who hasnt had a great match w/out a ladder ever! Teen girls and little boys are the only fan base this fucker has, every guy i ever talk to hates this fucker, hes shit, he's sloppy and hes gonna be in jail eventually. he's terrible on the mic. and him be a world champion is an absolute slap in the face to the title(as if it hasnt had enough low points...cm punk..fuck..) anyways he will never be the big player others say he is. if he ever headlines a wrestlemania or has an extended title run i will probably stop watching wrestling entirely, he should remain mid card and just be in a tag team.. hes nothing special never will be..to those of you who disagree. good for u land of the free voice ur opinion and this is my opinion, he sucks and he looks like a punk on halloween.

Let's see if I can respond to this terribly written post. Hardy is one of the most beloved superstars and has always been insanely over. I guess Jericho/Hardy NWO 2003, and Hardy/HBK January 2008 weren't great matches.

I guess only adults count as fans now in your opinion. Doesn't matter what kind of fans he has, he has more of them than almost anybody else. How is he an absolute slap in the face to the title. Explain that one for me. I'm sure Vince will miss if you stop watching wrestling. I wouldn't miss you if you continue to write horrible posts.

Bring it better next time.

Burnt. Fact is, Jeff was OVER. All that matters is that people other than you liked him. And those people would watch TNA. Kids don't know any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back