• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] ROH Thread

Shadowmancer

I am The Last Baron
I noticed this, as on the link in to this section there is something that says talk about your favourite Ring of Honor Superstars. Well in general there is no thread to talk about said Ring of Honor Superstars, in a Ring of Honor thread.

So this is what this thread is about. Talk about Ring of Honor Superstars and upcoming Ring of Honor shows on this thread. If you go to a show come into this thread and give a review of it and say whether it will be worth buying on DVD when it comes out.

great idea for a thread dude...

this weekend ROH is coming to Chicago, i wish i could go, but i have more important things going on, but man it would be sweet...Colt Cabana's final match is Sat., Morishima defends the ROH World title vs. Shingo Takagi, adn the fucking Briscoes put their titles up against Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin, plus, some of the CHIKARA guys are debuting this weekend...damn should be awesome

Yeah, Mike Quackenbush in ROH, holy shit this should be great. Good Times Great memories is saturday (Colt vs Pierce in Cabana's Last ROH apperence) and as stated above the briscoes vs Shelley and Sabin, You might as well pre order the DVDs now.

Great idea for a thread, Shadowmancer. I have a countdown working for the June 9th ROH show in Philly. They don't have any of the matches posted quite yet- but it really doesn't matter who is going to be there because every ROH show is high quality. It should be another outstanding show.

i have read a few reports from the show last night in St Paul, and Morishima defeats Austin Aries in what sounds like was an excellent match...Briscoes retain Tag Titles in a 4 way against some of the CHIKARA guys...Jimmy Rave is back from breaking his jaw...Brent Albright and Adam Pearce def. Colt Cabana and Homicide...FIP champ Roderick Strong def. Christopher Daniels

Well honestly I haven't seen much of ROH. I've seen some Bryan Danielson stuff, alot of CM Punk and Samoa Joe stuff, as well as some other great stuff featuring Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin.

Anybody wanna post some links to some ROH matches on YouTube or DailyMotion? I'm always searching for them but it always just shows results as ROH's Livewire show.

Google Video has a lot of RoH stuff. Including Joe Vs. Punk II. as well as a lot of other matches on there. Just type in the person you want to see and you will usually come up with them.

news from Chicago last night....Morishima def. Shingo...Briscoes df. Sabin & Shelley...Delirious wins 6 Way against Quakenbush and other CHIKARA guys...Roderick Strong def. Jack Evans... Colt Cabana def. Adam Pearce in Colt's final match with ROH before jumping to WWE

Christopher Daniels goes to a draw with Erik Stevens, and after the match, cuts a heel promo saying he is sick of ROH and should never had returned there, saying the paychecks in TNA are better, thus getting a nasty response from the crowd, he then quit ROH and pushed down Allison Danger

Bryan Danielson is returning in late June, his first match back will be in Chicago vs. KENTA!!!

wish i couldve went, sounds awesome

Yo, go to vidilife.com. Thats another video site. On there, I have personally uploaded all three CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe matches. They also have Samoa Joe vs. Kenta Kobashi. The crowd was going crazy for Cobashi. They have a small section of matches but none the less they have matches and they are worth seeing.

xfearbefore, I have pmed you some matches ;) Ring of Honor is amazing. The atmosphere is just like the original ECW atmosphere and it can be argued that ROH has a better atmosphere. The wrestlers in ROH are very good at interacting with the crowd and getting a reaction wether there trying to get heels are trying to get a pop. I download matches and watch them on the internet. CM Punk vs. Raven in the orange house of fun match was there first ever steel cage match and it better than some of WWE's. Another good thing is they always feud with other indies like CZW and Pro wrestling NOAH which attracts those crowds and causes friction in the crowds.

St. Paul this past weekend was awesome. I know look forward to KENTA vs. Danielson III in Chicago. I'll be sitting 3rd row.

ROH issued the following press release this afternoon. This will likely lead to the departure of the remaining TNA contracted wrestlers who appear for Ring of Honor, most notably Homicide, but have yet to confirm that. ROH sources did confirm that TNA was not aware of the announcement before they went live with it on their own website this afternoon.

INTERNATIONAL WRESTLING PHENOMENON RING OF HONOR INKS STATESIDE TELEVISION DEALS

WITH iN DEMAND, TVN AND ECHOSTAR

PPV/VOD Distribution Deals Bring ROH into 50 Million Households

New York, May 3, 2007 - Ring Of Honor Wrestling (ROH), in association with G-Funk Sports & Entertainment, has concluded programming and distribution deals for PPV and VOD wrestling cards with iN DEMAND Networks, TVN and EchoStar Communications Corporation's DISH NetworkTM, making the critically-acclaimed ROH brand available for the first time ever to approximately 50 million American households. The agreement calls for a card every 60 days from shows both stateside and abroad, and will premiere July 1. A total of six cards are planned throughout '07/'08. ROH owner Cary Silkin made the announcement today with G-Funk's President Ken Gelman. The debut event, entitled "Respect Is Earned," will be taped May 12 in New York City from the Grand Ballroom of the Manhattan Center, and will feature a glistening array of talent from Japan, England, the U.S. and Mexico.

Long revered by a loyal underground fan base, the Philadelphia-based ROH•currently seen on Canadian, British and Japanese TV•appeals to the disenfranchised wrestling fan fed up with storylines which seem to take precedence over the kind of powerful ring competition that ROH specializes in. ROH, in fact, is seen to have the highest level of athleticism in its field today, which recently culminated in a sweep of the 2006 Wrestling Observer awards for "Most Outstanding Wrestler," "Best Brawler," "Best Major Wrestling Show" (ROH took four of its Top 10) and "Best Booker."

"Fans around the world now know that our brand of action is, indeed, the highest-flying, hardest-hitting most daring and acrobatic action presented today," says Mr. Silkin. "We are thrilled that we can finally show a televised audience what our crowds have known for the last six years…that ROH harkens back to an earlier era of wrestling where authenticity still counted for something. There's a magic at our shows that I, as a wrestling fan, had all but given up on."

G-Funk Sports and Entertainment will be handling all marketing and promotion for the wrestling programs, including creation and launch of an affiliate website on May 15, www.rohaffiliates.com, which will contain easy-to-implement marketing materials and all event information. Each show will also be supported by a range of targeted national consumer advertising and promotion.

According to Mr. Gelman, "Ring Of Honor already has the respect and enthusiastic following of legions of fans around the world through their live events, but represents a fresh new entry into the world of televised wrestling. These distinctive programs will prove a welcome change-of-pace for audiences and a popular new option for cable operators and satellite providers as they expand their transactional offerings."

I think this is huge news. It officially puts ROH out there as the third player in the North American market. It gives them much needed exposure, especially for people like me. I hear about it, but I haven't seen this yet, and now I'll have a chance to see it. This is great news, another alternative.

ROH ON PPV!!!!!

I just posted this, but since you beat me to it, I'll just say that this is the greatest news ever. I thought going to Japan for 2 shows was huge for ROH, but this is amazing.

ROH isn't another alternative. They are THE alternative. TNA use to be an alternative, but they've become a joke within the past 6 months. By some DVDs man. They have a huge $10 DVD sale going on now. Check out some of those DVDs and on July 1st, order the PPV.

Ya i'm very excited about this. I enjoy TNA, but they are depending too much on gimmick matches. I understand, they are trying to establish themselves, but it's too hard when you only have an hour to work with each week. Give TNA some time and an extra hour, and you might see that ship get righted again. This is great news though. TNA is this decades WCW and ROH is the new ECW, which is damn good. I'm glad to see the wrestling world opening back up again, the 5 year monopoly might be going away. I've caught some ROH stuff on youtube, but it doesn't do it justice

RoH finally lands with that TV deal. Thank God for this one. I can't believe it, but they're finally on TV. This reeks of awesomeness. But it sucks that Homicide is going to go TNA full time. Maybe now I can start watching Bryan Danielson more. By the way, I think I should sticky this thread as it could lead to a lot of discussion.

I don't even know if most people will even get this, this is just PPV right? Why do that? Why not go for a weekly show? I have directv so I am not even sure if I will even get this at all.

yeah, i have basic cable, so this is nothing for me personally to get excited about, but for ROH this is great...it sounds like they will be Video on Demand PPVs, so you can pretty much watch it whenever you want

personally, i love reading the results after the shows, then ordering the DVDs of the ones that look really good to me
right now i am looking forward to Supercard of Honor 2 and Good Times, Great Memories

anyways, congrats to ROH for reaching out to a wider audience

See the thing is will regular viewers be able to view this as i have basic cable so i like to know. But good for ROH its the mid to late 90's agian of wrestling. ROH should now get thier section in the Wrestling board

This is some of the best damn news I've heard in a long ass time. The only news that could be better would be if ROH had inked a TV deal on cable. This is huge however. iNDEMAND is apparently carried by COX which is my digital cable company, so this should be straight up awesome. I'll definately be buying as much ROH as I can and taping all of it.

Oh I finally got around to watching some of those ROH matches TNA Smark...f'n amazing. What atmosphere. Have you seen CM Punk's farewell match with Colt Cabana? Holy shit man, how that wasn't instantly recognized as a five star classic is beyond me. Totally amazing.

As for TNA, I do agree that they've been getting a bit too gimmicky, but let us not forget the quality of wrestling we see on that show. It's still miles beyond WWE competition, every time the X-Division shows up your guaranteed to see some amazing wrestling.

Haha, those matches are awesome. I've seen most of them twice or so. Some matches on that page belong to other indy promotions though for example the Eddie vs. Low Ki match but it still was a good match. Anyway this is for PPV's and a weekly show but its only for Satelite and companies that carry out Indemand. I have time warner cable so I have indemand therefore I think I will be able to watch ROH action without having to struggle to download or something. This is big news for ROH and boy am I happy. I wander if the hostile crowd they have will be censored since some of the chants arent for little kids ear.

Have you seen CM Punk's farewell match with Colt Cabana? Holy shit man, how that wasn't instantly recognized as a five star classic is beyond me. Totally amazing.

Dude, I was there live and I have never been to a wrestling event that emotional. I get goosebumps watching it now, but being there I got all choked up. Very emotional. Very awesome.

Im not sure Im too Excited about the show, My main worry is that it ends up like the oringinal ECW, really good shows/ppvs/tapes but lackluster show with mediocre ratings.
If this does take off however, im definatly going to support it. I take death before dishonor more seriously then Wrestlemania and Bound for glory combined. This is good news but could be bad in the future.

Big Ace I have Stickyed this thread. I created and stickyed it as one of the first Acts I did as Mod of this section. As for RoH getting PPVs, this is huge, it may even get to the stage where other countries get to see the PPVs, like New Zealand because we get the TNA PPVs but if they supply these this will be big. I can't wait.

The only bad thing is the TNA stars getting released because ROH were the ones that build those stars and TNA picked them up. They made TNA and helped shaped it to where it is right now. There going have to be doing a lot of farewell shows. Hopefully ROH become to TNA's level with these new weekly ppv's which I'd be ordering if the price is right.

TNA Smark, They are Bi-monthly PPVs from what it is said in that press release. But it looks like they are going all out with this one in terms of advertising and promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back