Official One Night Stand Thread

It seems to me that they are trying to make ONS into the old WCW Uncensored PPV, and, see, that worries me a bit. What's next, are they gonna have the final chapter of Cena-Khali be the return of the worst idea in history, the Monster Truck Sumo match? Maybe that'll be the SummerSlam Main event

Vince announced that every match at ONS would be special.
I think it will be okay, but only because of the gimmick matches.
You take them out, the Card is crap and not worth anything.

ONS 3 looks like it is going to be a decent PPV IMO. I won't be buying it b/c I do not want to witness another John Cena "Overcome the Odds " moment but the rest of the card is pretty solid. Like Slyfox said they added gimmicks along with the Extreme Rules most likely to increase the buyrate. The best match is no doubt going to be the Ladder match and I was considering buying the PPV just to see that match but like I previously stated I do not want to see another Cena moment. The cage match could be good but I got a feeling it is going to be short and Batista will still sell that fake injury in his knee which will lead to Edge getting another cheap win and continuing their feud towards Vengeance. The Vince/Lashley match will be the classic Vince McMahon match where he will get a bunch of heels to help him out, but the Invincible Lashley will power through it and in the end become ECW Champion to hopefully end this feud(Some kind of twist might happen in this match that will continue the feud like Shane winning the title or something like that). The rest of the matches(Stretcher, Tables, Lumberjack, and Pudding matches) I think are all going to be entertaining even though they were meant to be just fillers for the card.

This is desperation mode for the WWE right now it looks like with all of these gimmick matches. They are worried about the Backlash buyrate, and obviously they are beafing up this card with gimmicks to generate interest.

I don't mind Gimmick Match PPV's, if its only a one time shot. WCW Uncensored PPV's I thought were pretty interesting. The bottomline is, the WWE has way to many damn pay per views right now. Its going to be something ridiculous like 4 pay per views in 10 weeks, that's over kill. If I were the WWE go back to the most 12, and I would even consider dropping it to 8 or so, but never would happen.

One Night Stand 3, is going to stink up the joint. Again, with the exception of Backlash, there are no compelling world title matches this year on ppv. The Rumble lacked anything interesting, there wasn't one at N.W.O., the WM 23 Main Events were a bore, witht he exception of Taker, and Judgment Day was, well, Judgment Day. Cena vs. Khali is going to stink to high heaven, lashley vs. McMahon is gettin old real quick, and Edge can only carry Batista so far.

I'll have my whole pay per view predictions before the end of the weekend.

I always found WCW Uncensored PPV's were worth a buy as you have to admit that gimmicked matches are what some fans love. Though I'm with Shocky that more than 12 PPV's a year is just too much as last year we had 16 and that still just managed 200 Million buys nothing near what WWE expects.

I mean i haven't bought a PPV since Mania and I just might get this due to the gimmick matches though i doubt with what like 8 matches so far that any will get any good length to work a story out in the match. This whole year has been a dud with all the PPVs though ONS3 should be interesting due to the gimmick matches.

From what i see is after ONS3 we see the end of RVD in WWE, Lashley is the man with McMahon wanting revenge, Edge cheats to win again and him Batista continue their feud, Cena & Khali still unclear who is the better man is. Not the worst PPV ever due to the gimmick matches but not the greatest either

I can only agree! They need to get rid of the filler ppv's because their not separatly branded ppv's anymore. Also I was going to go to you tube the next day and watch the matches, but the gimmick matches bought me. I have to get it now. The stretcher match, the ladder match (best of the night), pudding match (hottest of the night), and of course the cage match!

I see WWE making these POSSIBLE plans for Vengeance:
Red means who might win the match!
Italics mean why I think the person in red will win!

WWE Championship: John Cena vs. Randy Orton (has been giving everyone a "concussion" latley and will probably want a title match!)
-Cena has had the belt for way too long so I see a new champ!

World Heavyweight Championship: Unsure, But I sure it will feature Edge fighting Batista again probably.
No clue right now

ECW World Title: Lashley (c) vs. Snitsky (Vince will probably get Snitsky to do his dirty work and be like Umaga)
Lashley getting his title back and plus this would be rushing the feud

WWE IC Title: Santino w/ Maria vs. Chris Masters
Don't know, doubt they will change all titles in one night

WWE Women's Championship: Melina vs. Candice Michelle
Melina has had the belt for a while and I just see Candice coming out on top due to her being popular w/ WWE and being the underdog , remember WM22 w/ Rey Mysterio? Also Candice hasn't had her shot yet and I think she'll pick up a win, hopefully her pudding match will add some damn feul to the fire because this feud is boring!

Ric Flair w/ Torrie Wilson vs. Carlito
I just want to see Torrie turn her back on Flair and turn heel w/ Carlito, classic, just like Chyna at WM15 w/ Kane

(Don't know the rest due to the draft, but the above stars probably won't get drafted, due to their feuds!)

At first, I was kind of regretting buying tickets to this. But all these gimmick matches are getting me a little excited. It is remining me a little of TNA PPV's when pretty much everything is a gimmick. I think the Hardy Boys vs. WGTT is going to be a great match, considering everything that the Hardys and Shelton Benjamin have done in Ladder Matches, but I'm not sure of how Charlie Haas is going to do. For some reason, I think that the Lashley- McMahon is going to be pretty entertaining. This may be one of the better PPVs WWE has done this year.

My Predictions:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. The Great Khali (Pinfalls Count Anywhere Match)

I'm looking foward to this one. Unfortunatley I think Cena will win. But Khali rocks my world. I dont want a lengthy title reign. A Kane reign will do. I just want him in the record books. I actually think this will be quite good. It will consist of Cena just repeatedly twatting Khali trying to defeat him.

ECW World Champion Mr. McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley (Street Fight)

The REAL main event. I like Vince as champ. It's a dead brand, and he's entertaining. That's good enough for me. This will end like last years ONS but without the same impact. Probably because Lashley sucks.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Batista (Steel Cage Match)

Didn't we see a cage match about two weeks ago? Obviously Edge will win. I dont like the idea of Batista confined to a cage though. A HIAC would be better. It would give Edge more room to bump like crazy, to try and make this match look good.

Melina vs Candice Michelle (Pudding Match)

It's non title so I'll go with Candice.

World Tag Team Champions The Hardys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team (Ladder Match)

Didn't they have a ladder match two months ago? I'm sure it will be very good. The Hardys bore me. But I'm looking forward to this. I think the WGTT will win. I see Cade & Murdock coming out and costing them the victory, accidently of cause.

Six-Man Tag Team Tables Match

I'm looking forward to this as well. I dont think Sandman, Dreamer & Punk stand a chance. I think the two originals will be eliminated quickly. Leaving Punk to take a hefty beating. I imagine numerous Punces into a table.

Randy Orton vs. RVD (Stretcher Match)

I think Orton will win. I cant say I'm that fussed about seeing this match. Probably because I suspect RVD will get little offence.

Kane vs. Mark Henry (Lumberjack Match)

Wouldn't it make sence to have a heavily gimmicked match? Both of them suck. And without the aid of weapons it will be awful. Swap the gimmicks round with this and the RVD/Orton match. Also didn't we have a lumberjack match at W.M.? Henry to win.

Overall I think it will be a good show. Completley pointless though. If it's not an ECW exclusive show then what is the point of squeezing another PPV in? But with all the gimmicks it will be entertaining. I'm predicting 5 entertaining match's out of 8.

One Night Stand, now being a Tri-Brand pay per view, a completly useless pay per view slammed in two weeks after the last, and three weeks before the next. If it isn't going to be brand exclusive, this is one ppv you show the toilet and flush it into oblivion.

My Predictions:

WWE Champion John Cena vs. The Great Khali (Pinfalls Count Anywhere Match)

I'm with Jake, I would love to see Khali take the strap, simply because he's God Awful. I wouldn't be surprised if Khali wins, holds the belt until the GAB, and loses to Cena in the Punjabi Prison Match. (Why would Khali's specialty match be one based on escaping a cage and speed is beyond me). But we're dealing with the 6'1" Superman, and Cena will find away of dumping a ton of stuff on Khali, and getting the pin.

ECW World Champion Mr. McMahon vs. Bobby Lashley (Street Fight)

Lashley will win, but no one will care. I think they should keep the belt on Vince, move Lashley to Raw, then have Rey Misterio come to ECW and feud with Vince over the summer going into Summerslam for the strap, but instead we'll be treated to Lashley vs. Snitzky, and we'll be begging for Test to be in the world title hunt again.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Batista (Steel Cage Match)

Yay, Batista in another Steel Cage Match. This guy is pure shit. He can't get eliminated from A Rumble right, so they restart the match. He can't jump the same time Taker does in the first Cage match. Thanx to bad Smackdown editiing, it makes it look like they hit at the same time, but if you watch the Undertakers screen, Taker is on the ground before Big Dave has even moved off the cage. Anyways, Wartista is horrible, and Edge is in for a long title reign. Hopefully Wartista gets injured.

Melina vs Candice Michelle (Pudding Match)

Bathroom Break

World Tag Team Champions The Hardys vs. The World's Greatest Tag Team (Ladder Match)

I hate the fucking Hardy's, get them off of my television. Who Should win is the WGTT, because Benjamin has done more in his ladder matches then the Hardyz could ever pull. But who will win is different, because WWE loves to keep the 15 year old girls happy.

Six-Man Tag Team Tables Match

I see the disintegration of the Originals and the New Breed in this. I'm not sure if it's elimination match or not. If it's eliminatino, then yes, the Sandman and Dreamer go bye bye early. I think Punk stages the comeback, and takes the win. At the end, you see the New Breed blow up on each other.

Randy Orton vs. RVD (Stretcher Match)

Yay, lets bury RVD with a no talent piece of shit on his way out the door. So RVD gets busted with a joint, and is in the dog house for 9 months. Orton acts like a bitch, does over 50,000 dollars worth of damage to a hotel room, and is on the shit list for 2 months, yup, thats priorities being straight in the front office. I would love to see RVD shoot in this match, but he's a class act. Randy Orton with a win.

Kane vs. Mark Henry (Lumberjack Match)
Mark Henry. I thought Kane was going out with an injured knee 2 months ago?? They better rest the big man before that injury gets to damn serious ala Shawn Michaels. Anyways, he's in the ring with the clumsy stumbling Mark Henry, so chances are that Knee goes bye bye anyway.

Overall, another lackluster pay per viewby the WWE. The Same people that will go into a TNA board and say that TNA has too many gimmick matches, but yet will praise this ppv will be on Monday Morning.

Bathroom break for the pudding match. Come on. Probably one of the most entertaining matches of the night. I am sure it will not be a cheap fight. Both ladies have improved and of course candice will win so she can get her vengeance title shot!

Expect to see a shocking match out of the two. I really do get more and more impressed as time goes on with Candice. She is doing really well and I've read some of her interviews and she is really here for wrestling and is way more then eye candy!

My predictions are the same as shockmaster with the exception of one.

I think that the reason the WWE threw the tag team ladder match together was to have the WGTT win the belts and split up the Hardys. Matt wants a singles run and after the draft, the brands should get a little more exclusive meaning less appearences for Matt on RAW. I originally thought that the plan would be for Matt to get drafted to RAW so he could get away from Edge, but then he got a bit of a push and picked up a win over Kennedy so a World Title fued is not out of the cards. As a result Haas and Benjamin get the tag belts.

ok, right know im going to my favorite bar and hopefully see something new in the WWE horizon, believe me, it would be enough to see Cena dropping the belt, i wouldnt care about the rest, but unfortunately i dont see that happening, so it would be enough to see McMahon Destroying Lashley in the street fight.
i'll be back in a few hours to give my impressions on the show.

Ok this is for anyone that feels like commenting on the PPV as it is live as there is a thread to talk about PPV as it is live so please do it there. After the PPV you can comment what you though back hereHeres the link to the Live Discussion:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=11690

*Any posting about the PPV while it is live in this thread will result in a infraction or a possible banning*

Some notes and thoughts as I read over the results (no I didn't watch the PPV but I would've liked to... too bad for me I don't know many wrestling fans).

- I find it VERY impressive that WWE managed to bury both Orton and RVD the way they did in that match. Losing a match in which the winner got carried off in a stretcher unconscious (a stretcher match nonetheless) just further ruins Orton's career. I love it!

- Not surprised the Hardys won. They won't lose the belts if there's no build up. I don't particularly like the Hardys, but Jeff especially has grown on me in his latest run with the company. You can tell he's matured since last time and I respect him for that. Matt has kind of been put in his place but he does what he's told. Both of them need to learn how to take the ball and run. No matter what you think of them they're both beyond popular and can do good things for the company. Oh well, the ladder match sounded like it was pretty good, and we got ourselves a feud that might turn into something good soon to look forward to.

- To play on another thread here at WZ: You know you're a jobber when = You're a lumberjack in the Mark Henry vs. Kane match with zero build-up. Not surprised with the choice of winner obviously, surprised they had Kane buried like that though.

- No surprises at all in the Lashley - Mcmahon match, but I am a little disapointed this wasn't the main event. McMahon street fights seriously rock my world.

- The backstage segment with Maria, Santino, etc.... DAMN. Gonna be surfing youtube for that one tomorrow, lol.

- Cena vs. Khali... could it really have been THAT bad?

To be perfectly honest, the PPV was much, much, better than I was hoping for. It wasn't quite worth 40 dollars, but hell, in my mind, it was better than WM. Let me break it down:

Orton vs RVD sounded alright. The concussion factor probably brought the match's quality much lower. I started watching after this match was over, so I don't have much to review about it.

The Hardyz vs WGTT was an incredible match. Tons of spots for everyone and I think everyone got over after this one. Sure, the outcome and ending was predictable, but I really liked this one anyway. Great match.

Punk/Sandman/Dreamer vs Striker/Burke/Cor Von- Another good match. This was actually much better than I had hoped for. I was thinking that Vince might want to bury the Originals, but I guess he decided not to. Anyway, great match here and I was surprised with how long they let it go. Back-to-back good matches here.

Vince vs Lashley - I was not shocked at all by this, but IMO, it was better than I expected with Shane getting the huge Diving Elbow, which was better than usual for some reason.

Besides, all the others were just decent. Besides Cena-Khali. That match really sucked.

One Night Stand bettered any expectations I had. 15-20 minute matches is what we want and we got it last night. I didn't order the match, but from my view, this is as good as it's going to get for the WWE this year. Obviously, they can't have this amount of stipulations every PPV, but hopefully it will be a wake up sign for them that this is the kind of stuff we want to see.

The Hardys vs WGTT was a godsend for me. Here is a feud that needs to be taken off and I hope their ladder match at One Night Stand is the launching pad. I prefer ladder matches to have a long buildup but having the teams in a match we've pleaded for for a long time is awesome. From the sounds of it, Haas and Benjamin performed very well in the match and I wished I could have seen it (thank God for youtube though.) Please WWE, more of this stuff.

Edge and Batista did sound a little sub-par, and I think Batista's schedule is worsening his minimal talents. Having steel cage matches so close together ruins their prestige, and you'd like to see it as more of a blow off match to a feud, rather than one just thrown in in the third week of it. I just can't get my head around the fact that Edge acts like a coward so much these days. Honestly, they've already gotten him over as a pussy heel, so why do they keep bothering making him look like the laughing stock of the WWE? Let him do some God damn spots for God's sake. He's the champion, let him look like one. The match did have some good spots but it just didn't sound like a decent cage match. A disappointing match from my view, but thank God Edge is still champion.

Melina and Candice in a pudding match. They should have warned all traditionalists to leave the room before this one. Utter, utter garbage. So much for their 'presenting the divas in a classier light' motive. Still, it went only 3 minutes which is all it should have, and the men got what they wanted to see out of it.

Henry and Kane. Could you think of a more awful matchup? Maybe Khali and Henry, but that's another thing. These two are fat, slow, old and terrible, terrible workers. It would literally have been the definition of these two vomiting in your eyes when you watched this match. For one, it ended with a bearhug. You'd think they could script a finish half-decently. Was there a point to the lumberjacks other than to stick them on camera there to save them doing nothing? To think of the calibre of some of the lumberjacks compared to who actually got the PPV match....Another waste of airtime, which is typical of the WWE lately. Did anyone care about this match? Hell no, and let's never hear of these two together again. Ever.

RVD and Orton. Here was McMahon's 'surprise' for us smartass smarks. To the WWE, they wouldn't have wanted either of these two to win in the first place, and I guess that surprise element won out in the end. It sounded like a good match, but if RVD wasn't so exhausted and had passion left, this match would have been great. Some good spots, but jeez, I read the results and every second move was a kick by RVD. Still, this beats some of the other matches on the card and was a decent 15 minute opener.

Cena and Khali. Give them a stipulation and they still can't wrestle for shit. Absolutely zero expectation for this match and hell, they lived up to it. I don't even feel like going into it right now, although the worst part was that neither Cena or Khali hurt themselves in the match. Damn. Predictable, and a sour note to finish on for the PPV.

Another match that bettered what we expected was the tables match. The 6 seemed to work very well together and was the surprise package of the night. Not surprising that Punk's team won though and the finish was a little dull, but the match was fast paced and very well put together. A good showing for the ECW guys, and these are the kinds of matches that should be held on ECW every week if we are to start liking that show. Some great spots and if it looked as good as I read it, I can't wait to watch it on youtube.

Overall, this PPV is going to beat anything the WWE come up with elsewhere this year, simply because of stipulations, and no one can deny that this card wouldn't have sold have the buyrates if they were normal matches like they have been for every WWE PPV in the past. I'm liking the tribranded PPV's, and I hope they can keep up the standards. Obviously, the PPV wasn't great compared with the ones of 7 years ago, but I think it's safe to say that it's been one of the WWE's best for a few years now. It was littered with garbage, but the stuff that was gold really shone on that night.

An A from me. Basically because when you compare this to Judgment Day or Backlash, I know for sure which one is better. A decent effort for once by the WWE here, and I want to see more of it, although this looks to be a one-off good PPV.

Oh, and Lashley beat McMahon. Surprise surprise. Where does he go to now? Against Snitsky? *Shudder*

I have a question about the PPV. All matches were extreme rules yet the only blood was edge getting his mouth busted in the cage match and Sandman with his beer can to the head, Did the Florida Athletic Commission give them a warning about it or something?

ONS was the best "B PPV" so far. Almost all of the matches were great. WWE has a good thing going with this PPV. Even though there was only two weeks build to it, it came off good. If WWE keeps the extreme rules gimmick to it every yeay they will have another PPV with good buy rates. The only real waste of time was the pudding match. To me there was no poitn to it except to get the divas on the show.

ONS was a decent show, i agree that it was way better than JD and Backlash, but its just because the gimmicked matches...Kane vs Mark Henry?? believe it or not the better part of all was seeing Val Venis, Balls and Santino Mozzarella cheering Kane!! hell! even JBL said it: "are this guys turning into cheerleaders or what?? do your job damn it!!" LOL!
i noticed a LOT of botched moves, some were on purpose (RVD fall from the third...) but high Flyer Lashley over the third? that got to hurt!! and Shelton AGAIN trying to bounce from the top rope, man, even Jerry Lawler couldnt save the botch here: "Did you see the athleticism of Shelton JR??" come on!! the man messed up the moment, i was expecting one of the best spots on a ladder match in the history, and AGAIN, Shelton Fucked it up... now i knoww why the guy isnt in the top spot...dont get me wrong, he's god, but not that good...
Cena vs Khali....i would prefer to shut my mouth on this one..but i cant!! it was AWFUL beyond the awfullness, i swear i saw Kahli sleep on Cena's Shoulders on the FU (maybe he was boored too..) and what do you say of the Khali's back kick ala RVD?? OMG that was awesome!! there was a point where the entire bar (except fo the 3 or 4 Cena Marks..) was cheering for Khali!! ROFL!! and we did some chants too (John Cena suuuuucks... John Cena suuuucks...same rythm, during the crapy intro of Cena, you know, with the trumpets or whatever it is that anoying shit...) whatever, utter shit...
and the best spot of the night....by far! Shane elbow drop! that..THAT WAS SICKKKK!!! that ladies is just LOVE for the bussines, same as Vince, i know is not the same Vince from 5 years ago, but he still got it! and my respects to Umaga (yep, you heard it well...) because he carried Lashley very well, despite the botched move. he deserves to be McMahon-free and work in ECW, the perfect place for him!
pudding match = Bathroom break, 6 man table match was ok, very predictable and another botched move (and quite dangerous) when Tommy Dreamer aplied the Piledriver to Elijah...i dont know how he saved the neck; i was expecting another piledriver like the one he did to RVD a couple of years ago (Sickiest piledriver EVER)

The only truly terrible match on the card was the Henry/Kane match. To be honest I only watched a bit, I made some toast instead. I dont get why they didn't have a gimmick match where they could use every shortcut in the book. Lumberjack match's are usually bad. You need two decent workers to make it anything other than awful.

The rest of the card was good. Not terribly memorable though. The ladder match didn't have enough high spots so I doubt it will go down as one of the greats. It was very good. But there wasn't that one spot that made the match.

I am a really big fanm of ECW and I thought WWE had really killed this PPV when they made it tribrand but I was really suprised. It was pretty much 8 straight gimmick matches but they managed to make it really good. The Cena/Khali match was really the only low point of the show, but creds go to WWE for the great ending. McMahon/Lashley was the REAL main event of the show - Shane McMahon was absolutely phenomenal taking down Lashley with the elbow drop through the table, but in the end Lashley turned all Hulk Hogan and pulled it out of nowhere. CM Punk should be the ECW champion though - he is the best person on the ECW roster. It was pretty good all things considered

I went to the show last night, so I'll post some notes.

The Dark Match was Santino Morrella vs. Chris Masters. This was the first time I have seen Santino wrestle, and I really wasn't that impressed. There were many boring chants and Santino ended up winning. The announcers were introduced with JBL, Joey Styles, and JR getting pretty loud cheers.

The first match was the stretcher match. This was a pretty good match. Couldn't tell if RVD falling off the top was a botch or not. The DDT after the match looked brutal. Randy Orton probably got the most heat of the night.

The 6-man tag was pretty good, but it should have been elimination instead of just one and done.

The ladder match was amazing. The Hardy's got a huge pop. The only thing that went wrong was Shelton's botch off the springboard. At the end, when the Hardy's pushed over the ladder with TWGTT on it, I don't think Shelton was supposed to hit the ladder on the outside, but he landed on it pretty hard.

The lumberjack match sucked pretty bad. The best part was watching the lumberjacks reactions to everything. At one point when Mark Henry went outside the ring, all the lumberjacks cleared a space for him. The referee told them to get him into the ring, and Carlito said "are you crazy? You do it." When Kenny Dykstra got chokeslammed, Johnny Nitro ran over to him with the scarf thing and put it around his neck. This was probably the worst match of the night.

The Street Fight was decent. The arena was pretty quiet for most of the match. The best part was Shane-O-mac's elbow drop through the table. Other than that, Vince does not know how to take a spear, so after the first one, everybody started booing. I didn't see the second spear, but it had to be better than the first.

The I love America bit was pretty funny, and Ron Simmons only made it funnier.

From where I was sitting, I couldn't see the Pudding Match except for on the Jumbotron. So everybody turned their attention to Joey Styles. There were a few Joey Styles chants. One guy yelled for him, and when Joey Styles looked over at the guy, the guy did a "OH MY GOOOOOOOD!!" impression. Joey Styles got a good laugh out of it.

Next was the cage match. It was a little dissapointing, but I'm glad Edge won. Most of the people sitting around me were cheering for Edge.

The Falls Count Anywhere Match was pretty bad, too. Everything happened on the other side of the arena, so I had to watch everything on the Jumbotron. John Cena got a pretty good pop, but during the match, Khali got a great pop. While Cena was down, Khali did some sort of taunt, and the people in that section went crazy. The FU off the crane was sweet, but nobody in our section could see if Khali landed on concrete or padding.

Overall it was a good PPV.
Biggest pops: RVD, Hardy's, John Cena
Most heat: Randy Orton, Mr. Mcmahon, and Khali

To me if they atleast kept it in the origianl enviroment it would have been alot better. I'm still waiting till a few matches pop up on the internet but the only ones I'll probably watch are tables stretcher cage and ladder match

I found this PPV Dull as dishwater.

I was expecting WWE to deliver on this one, plenty of gimmicks to keep an interest, but not overly gimmicked. It just fell short of expectations. It wasn't an awful PPV ill give it that, but i am glad i didn't pay to watch it and if i were to give it a mark out of 10 it would gain no more than 5 it was so average and predictable.

RVD vs Orton

I kind of hoped for a few more spots but i understand the need for the way the match was structured, selling the concussion etc. could have been better though, Orton looked as if he couldn't be arsed with it. no change there then.

CM punk and ECW originals vs The new breed.

Good solid match, exactly what i expected and a little more. I thought the originals would have bee buried on this one, but to my surprise they prevailed.
Solid little table match for the mid card.

The Hardys vs Worlds greatest tag team.

Very good match and the stand out match on the card, a few more spots would have been nice and i wish shelton hadnt tripped on the top rope for the drop kick but hey it all worked out well, even if the finish was a little predictable.

Mark henry vs Kane

Boring, sluggish and thats it, just boring and sluggish. There is nothing more to say.

Pudding match - Melina and Candice

F#@k Off. Not on my watch, boring dribble of a "match", it was literally a bag of crap, which is coincidently what they were rolling around in looked like.

Lashley vs Mcmahon

Good spot from Shane....o wait thats it. It still surprises me as to how poor lashley can be in the ring and how Vince has not managed to learn to sell anything over the years. Nice botched at the beginning as well, congrats bobby you tit. glad it got the title off of vince though.

Edge vs batista

Quite good, the cage elements covered up batista a little and edge was working well as usual. Wish they would allow Edge to take a few more risks in the ring, it was a very safe match, i guess with so many injury's right now, they cant risk it. good entertaining cage bout.

Cena vs Khali

humm....theres a line and both of them walked down it...very average, didnt smell as bad as henry vs kane but it was close.

The end pissed me off though, they keep creating these constructed planned endings to PPV's, Khali obviously landed on lots of padding, he bounced, you can see his legs bounce up straight after he lands. what makes the move good is the point of impact...if we dont see it, it dampens the whole point of it....grrrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back