Official One Night Stand Thread

Rabbid Wolverine

Pre-Show Stalwart
i saw wwe schedule for the upcoming year and they still have one night stand advertised, i cant really see one night stand being good with this so called new breed ECW

the first 2 were pretty good in my opinion, i mean it was the type of ecw that wwe should be putting on tv

but theres no way this ppv will do anything, especially if the main event is bobby lashley vs i dunno snitsky or test

rvd vs cena was awesome, funk&dreamer vs edge&mankind was nuts, masato tanaka vs mike awesome in the first ONS was insane, sabu vs mysterio crazy

i juss dont think they have it in them with this new breed, i mean vince would probly make rvd lose to kevin thorn or sumthin like that this year

its a shame, i would be suprised if anything good came out of that PPV

Yeah i don't know what they are going to do when it comes to this ppv. The first two were great especially the first one but with the the new WWECW it'll be tough to pull off a show by themselves. Just look at DTD for example, They used one inter promotional match that was the best of the night and had a lack luster "extreme" Elimination Chamber and thats saying alot for that kind of match. Tough to say what they do this year.....i guess we'll have to wait and see.

PS. Can they not rename the damn ppv? One Night Stand 3!?

The buyrates report came out and while every other ppv at least matched 190,000 to the mid 300,000's, December to Dismember couldn't even break 100,000. It only had a buyrate of 90,000. So there you have it. DTD was officially a financial bomb. It was a disaster. They don't have enough talent for a 3rd brand. ONS-2 was decent. The first one however stands alone. Awesome vs Tanaka, insane and was the match of the night there. A 3rd one will not work with the direction that it's taking. My best advice about the ECW ppv's and the brand itself, END IT NOW

The first ONS was awesome and the second one kind of fizzled with all the estabalished wwe wrestlers being involved in matches. I dont see anything they could do for a 3rd one especially now that ecw is its own 'brand' that isnt what it used to be. If they have ONS 3 in an old ECW stronghold and people like lashley,test,holly,etc headline while the originals are opening the show there is seriously something wrong in vinnie mac's head. Also i wouldnt be surprised if there was no 'extreme rules' matches or if so maybe just one for the title.

" IF LASHLEY WINS WE RIOT!!!! ' :D

I did enjoy seeing tazz wrestle again, and When RVD won it was just amazing. What will he matches be this year? Probably some wwe vs wwe rubbish.

Maybe all the originals should leave wwecw and do like another Hardcore Homecoming

It's In Hammerstein , I will order just for the chants that the Hammerstein has.... Can you imagine the TNA and ROH chants that will be going on...

I think this year's One Night Stand has a chance of being the first PPV ever to be pulled off live while it's going.....

After December to Dismember, I am not sure anyone will give two shits about this ECW PPV. The reunion thing is in the past because everyone has seen how crap this new ECW is, and I don't think there is a hope of getting interest unless they book it a HELL of a lot better than they did with DTD. I hope the originals get a proper go that they deserve here, because this is the PPV that they should be front and center on, but the WWE won't even let that happen at PPV's now, and most should be gone by this time probably. No interest from me for this PPV because it is obvious that they can't put on a decent PPV after what we saw from them before. But let's hope that they honour ECW in the way that they always should have. By letting them go back to what it was and wrestle eachother for old times sake, but now, no original wants to be seen in this stupid recreation.

i was thinking :

The first ONS was a ecw reunion.
the second ONS launched ecw as a wwe brand.

Could the third be some big finale to end ecw as a wwe brand?

like downwardspiral said no one will probably give a shit about it after the flop that was DTD.I think if there was some wwe vs ecw angle (again) and if ecw lost it shutsdown would drive up some interest.(Just to watch that piece of shit go down the drain )

I don't even know why Vince is wanting to do this. If he runs in the Ballroom there is going to be about 3000 pissed off original ECW fans chanting the most vulgar things possible, degrading Vince and his product even more than it has been. If he goes with Lashley in the main event then I'm sure it is doomed. RVD will be jobbed out as probably Sabu will also. Dreamer, Sandman, Balls, they will all be jobbed. Not sure what the direction of this show will be but I'm almost positive it won't end well.

As long as its in the Hammerstein Ballroom, i will be at that show just for the crowd reactions...can you imagine 3,000 die hard ECW fans chanting "Fuck This Bull Shit clap clap clap clap clap"...its going to be insane with the fans alone

here's how One Night Stand 2007 might be good

-CM Punk vs RVD to crown the new ECW Television champ
-Lashley vs CorVon for the ECW Title
-Crown somebody as the new ECW Tag champs
-Mick Foley as Cactus Jack vs Sandman!
-Tommy Dreamer vs Kane in a Flaming Tables match, by the way, Kane does need to be in ECW. Imagine this..... Tommy Dreamer vs Kane for the ECW World Championship, in an Inferno match. Thats old school E-D-Dub!
-Balls Mahoney not being jobbed! He kicks @$$ How about old school....
Balls vs Sabu!
-Kevin Thorn in a decent match, he's pretty good. Damn glad they went with vampirism, instead oh him being a vampire
-McMahon getting drilled on some thumbtacks by any ECW original!!!!!!!! Maybe Austin!

thats just aswome but bring all the originals back and tack out the knew ones like holly, test, snitsky and lashly etc...

keep the real good originals like

foley, dreamer, sabu, tazz, styles (comentator), heyman, austin, beniot, jericho, mysterio, sandman, balls, terry funk, and many more even RHYNO

DO NOT FORGET THE DUDLY BIYZ MUST BE IN ASWELL

The odds of the "Dudly Biyz" being involved at ECW ONS this year are slim. Same goes for Rhyno, Heyman, Austin, Benoit, Jericho, Mysterio, or Funk, as all are either signed to a different company, in the doghouse, or just not involved in the ECW brand. As for Tazz, I'm pretty sure we're never going to see another match out of him, as he's pretty much retired at this point.

I've got some hope in me for ONS '07 simply because of the quality of the last two events. Even though they mess up ECW week after week on TV, I still think that Vince has it in him to give the ECW fans what they actually want, and hey, he might just do that. Besides, a ONS with Lashley involved? I guarantee you the ECW fans will riot. So either, give the fans what they want, or have your new breed of wrestlers murdered in a New York riot, your choice Vince.

This is the best way I can see to do ECW One Night Stand III:

Bobby Lashley vs. Carlito (ECW Heavyweight Title)
Story: Vince McMahon walks around backstage asking various WWE stars like Randy Orton and Edge if they'd like a shot at the ECW heavyweight title. They all turn him down, saying that being the champion of ECW is like being king of the trash heap. This naturally gets McMahon in a testy mood when Carlito stops him in the hallway. Carlito says he's heard about McMahon looking for someone to wrestle Bobby Lashley and take the ECW title from him. Carlito says that while he doesn't like Vince, he does believe that he can beat Bobby Lashley and would love the opportunity. McMahon says he doesn't much like Carlito either, but that since he seems to be the only one with any balls around, he can have the match against Lashley.

Shelton Benjamin vs. Rob Van Dam
Story: Benjamin hears about ECW One Night Stand coming back and finds it to be a perfect chance to get himself over. He goes to Mr. McMahon and asks if he can be on the card. McMahon at first seems wary about the idea, but when Shelton Benjamin runs down Rob Van Dam as being a pothead who doesn't deserve his place in the business, McMahon suddenly warms to the idea and books him against Van Dam.

Tommy Dreamer vs. Marcus Cor Von
Story: The New Breed vs. The ECW Originals heats up even more, as Dreamer dares any of the New Breed to face him at One Night Stand. Unintimidated, Cor Von immediately accepts the challenge and relishes in the thought of ending Dreamers career.

Chris Benoit vs. CM Punk (U.S. Title)
Story: CM Punk meets up with Benoit backstage at WrestleMania and says how much he respects Benoit, and how he's wanted to wrestle against him his entire career. Benoit respects that, but isn't sure what Punk's point is. Punk says that, regardless of what happens at Mania, he wants to face Benoit at ECW One Night Stand. Benoit quickly accepts the offer and the match is on.

Cade and Murdoch vs. Kendrick and London (World Tag Team Titles)
Story: Seeing Londricks unbeaten streak as champions, Cade and Murdoch feel that there simply isn't any team good enough on Smackdown to beat them. Naturally, Cade and Murdoch feel they're the ones to dethrone them, and the match is scheduled for One Night Stand, a "neutral" playing field.

Jamie Noble vs. Little Guido vs. Gregory Helms vs. Tajiri
Story: Nothing much to this, just one of those matches tacked on to make the overall Pay-Per-View better.

William Regal and Fit Finlay vs. Matt Striker and Elijah Burke
Story: Mr. McMahon visits Smackdown and naturally Regal/Finlay are there to brown nose him. All is going well, when suddenly Hornswoggle decides to pull a gag by putting a whip cream pie on McMahon's seat just as he prepares to sit down. Regal and Finlay begin to chuckle uncontrollably, leading to Vince sending them to ECW One Night Stand as a punishment.

Balls Mahoney vs. Stevie Richards vs. Kevin Thorn vs. Mike Knox vs. Sabu vs. Sandman vs. Gene Snitsky vs. Sylvan Grenier vs. Shannon Moore vs. Chris Masters (Battle Royal)
Story: The winner will receive an ECW World Title shot at the next ECW television taping. Masters is there because he happened to look at McMahon the wrong way and this was his punishment.

What do people think about this card for One Night Stand 3 (not in order of occurance)

Vince McMahon vs Mick Foley

Rvd v.s. Sabu

Tommy Dreamer vs Sandman

Edge and ? vs hardys TLC MATCH

Feel free to make some suggestions

ECW O.N.S 2007 won't be in the Hammerstien Ball room.The WWE were afrid Paul Heyman would use it as an oppotunity to rally diehard ECW fans to proteset at the ppv. As it is,there are no longer any "brand exclusive" ppvs,so this year it will be RAW/SD!/ECW O.N.S(so you can imagine the riot that would have erupted if it was still in NY)
They should just bring back the King Of the Ring ppv and dicth O.N.S.ECW has been fucked with enough already.

wweons.jpg

Terrible poster. Very similar to the Batista/Armageddon 2005 version. Who would want to see an ECW PPV with Lashley on the poster? Maybe a WWE PPV but not an ECW. WWE should put the originals on the poser. Even if they have no intention of using them in a huge capacity.

My main event prediction:

Lashley/Snitzky

Also a third One Night Stand?

That sound's more like a fuck buddy to me.

It's not an ecw ppv anymore, so they can get away with putting Lashley or whoever on the poster.. it's gonna be mostly raw and smackdown matches.

I hope Cena fights again, so he can booed like crazy. Last year was awesome.

Cena won't get boo'ed as bad as last year, simply because they've moved it out of the Ballroom to Jacksonville. Could u imagine this years OnS inside of the Hammerstein Ballroom with all 3 brands. There would be a huge riot. Honestly I don't know the point of keeping this pay per view around anymore if its not ECW exclusive. They should just bring back King of the Ring again. This ppv in as small as a venue will probably just be a transitional pay per view. You'll see the Wrestlemania feuds end at Judgment Day, and so OnS will probably be a launchign pad for the feuds going into Summerslam.

I would honestly expect someone way out there to get a title match here, just because they can get away with it. I'm seeing a Jeff Hardy v.s. John Cena snoozaroni matchup.

It's In Hammerstein , I will order just for the chants that the Hammerstein has.... Can you imagine the TNA and ROH chants that will be going on...

I think this year's One Night Stand has a chance of being the first PPV ever to be pulled off live while it's going.....

Um no it wont be and its not at the Hammerstein.

I hope Cena fights again, so he can booed like crazy. Last year was awesome.

Only reason Cena lost was so they could start the ECW title

This year's ONS is just going to suck horribly. If WWE had any sense they'd make every match extreme rules. That's been said a thousand times before, but it had to be said again. Just the poster pisses me off, BOBBY LASHLEY WILL NEVER EVER EVER REPRESENT ECW VINCE, EVER!

God damn, I really think Vince is having some sort of bet with Ted Turner about how can come up with the absolute worst crap on TV in years. I'm pining for the days of Katie Vick and the Gobbeldygooker just thinking about Lashley.

eh i agree i really think they should bring back the king or the ring, and make it the ways it used to be wit a one night 8 man tournament, and a few other matches thrown in there, make the tournamnet matter and be prestigous, maybe even give the winner of the king of the ring a title shot at the main event of summerslam?? and also u could make the KOR interbrand, so there could be hotly contested matches on all three brands to qualify....if it aint ECW one night stand anymore, its not worth having it..no extreme, no ECW crowd, no hammerstein.....it shouldnt be one night stand anymore....-

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back