• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Bret Hart is the new WWE United States Champion

first post!

what about this, guys:
Bryan Danielson is shockingly eliminated from NXT tomorrow night.
Bret gives him his place in the US Title Match, and he wins.
Daniel Bryan, U.S Champion.

Thoughts?

well you have danielson eliminated right on target, and i have heard that rumor that bret will support him like he did for the hear tdynasty, and look what happened there :) plus last night during danielson's interview of him being kicked off, he revelaed his real name, plus everyone has been anticipating danielson vs the miz, lets see it happen commercial free :)

I just don't see Hart WRESTLING in this match. If he didn't go through any punishment for Vince, then I find it very hard to believe he will take bumps against Miz. The crowd will pop for Hart like crazy, and this will be a great send off for him this time around.

I also believe WWE is throwing a huge curve ball at us. When Daniel Byran hinted at the return of Byran Danielson after his NXT elimination, I knew there was a strong possibility he could be used as a substitute in this match. Miz treated Byran like shit during his tenure on NXT, and this would be a perfect opportunity for him to get his revenge. I don't think Byran should win the title just yet because I think these two could have a nice mid card feud.

I just don't see Hart WRESTLING in this match. If he didn't go through any punishment for Vince, then I find it very hard to believe he will take bumps against Miz. The crowd will pop for Hart like crazy, and this will be a great send off for him this time around.

I also believe WWE is throwing a huge curve ball at us. When Daniel Byran hinted at the return of Byran Danielson after his NXT elimination, I knew there was a strong possibility he could be used as a substitute in this match. Miz treated Byran like shit during his tenure on NXT, and this would be a perfect opportunity for him to get his revenge. I don't think Byran should win the title just yet because I think these two could have a nice mid card feud.

This is what I`m thinking will happen too. I knew Miz was gonna pick Bret but at the same time it`s unlikely that Bret could really do much in the ring. This would be a great solution. Looking forward to the Miz/Danielson feud.

I'm pretty curious about whats gonna happen at this Monday Nite Raw 3 hour special. As we know, Bret Hart is booked to face Miz that Nite for the US title. Another thing bout this Raw is that its Hart's official return in Toronto. Now, idk what u guys think but woudln it be gr8 to see Hart dawn the pink and black that night? And besides his apperance, Im thinkin sumthin else mite happen if he doezn appear for the match. I hope Im mistaken if it was talked about before in any forum but, is it possible that Hart might be switched in the match with Bryan Danielson? I mean he had an interview at NXT and he said how it's over for Daniel Bryan but not Bryan Danielson. Along with that, if WWE is thinkin of having Bret stay, is it possible that he "wins" the title and makes it into the Canadian champion or something. I Don't Know.... just passin by some thoughts. Please let me know what you think. Im a bit curious abot this Monday.

I think this was all Vince's idea. Im actually going to this Raw, but I think I know whats going to happen. Bret posted on his Facebook that he didnt know he had a match and that it was news to him. I think Vince knew what a let down his WM match was, so he's trying Bret once more. I doubt hes going to become champion, but I do think hes going to wear the Pink and Black. Vince is trying to make up for the match by giving the audience a good taste of Bret. And Wrestlezone reported that this would be Bret's last appearance

Most Likely: Bret Loses

Miz gets some awesome heel heat by beating Bret Hart and then beating the ever loving shit out of him. Jericho can join in and all that good stuff. The Hart Dynasty will make the save, but not before Miz and Jericho beat Bret Hart right off of WWE TV.

Bret Hart Wins...Not going to happen

If Bret Hart wins, then they're going to have the heel GM (hopefully Regal..OH YEAH) put Hart into a match with one of the Hart Dynasty that night. Hart and the other Hart will have a....discussion...and decide that the younger Hart will put his best out there for the title. Bret Hart puts him into the Sharpshooter, but the dude escapes and wins with a clean pin in the middle of the ring.

Not much room for creativity here. Bret Hart is done as of this Monday, so it's not like he can carry on with a title reign. He's also a rather sensitive stroke victim, so he can't go through what it would take to make a great match with Miz or the dude who isn't named Tyson Kidd. Whatever it is, we'll either get one or two quick matches out of the Hitman. And we're lucky we're getting that much, so everyone sit down and be happy with whatever comes our way.

I have a feeling that there's going to be some sort of twist because everyone knows that Bret Hart really isn't capable of working a competitive wrestling match anymore. The Hitman suffered through two strokes and the story even way back in January was that it left him pretty fragile.

According to some stuff I've read today, there's been talk backstage of somehow turning this into a tag team match with Jericho and The Miz against Hart and Bryan Danielson. There's also been talk of just having Bryan Danielson sort of be Bret Hart's replacement for the match. I don't know that either of these scenarios is going down, it's just what's being said backstage.

I think that Bret Hart vs. The Miz is being uses just to hype this Monday's Raw, something to generate buzz. Let's just say that Danielson will be involved somehow. There really wouldn't be all that much hype advertising a Danielson vs. The Miz match. Most of Raw doesn't watch NXT so a lot of viewers wouldn't be all that excited to hear such a thing. Bret Hart vs. The Miz is something different, it'll get the buzz out and the WWE can kinda pull a bait and switch, Danielson comes out, possibly scores a win over a great young heel and quickly becomes a big deal on Raw.

I'm kinda divided on here, there are a few scenarios I could see happening on this commercial free Raw, with Bret vs. Miz for the United States Championship..

I kinda don't see Bret Hart wrestling, the way Bryan Danielson went on the final episode of NXT, and the way Miz has been treating him, plus the way Bret Hart was "unaware" of his match on Raw, I have a gut feeling Bret Hart is going to have Danielson replace him due to the revenge factor Danielson would get if he were to get his revenge on the Miz, and since it's Bret's final Raw, I don't really think they'll have him win gold, although it is in Canada, which brings me to another possible way this match could go out..

On the other hand, here is another possibility I could see happening because I don't exactly know how high WWE is on Danielson right now but here goes this scenario: I could see Bret Hart making the match No Disqualification or something, and having the Hart Dynasty, or even Danielson coming out and costing Miz the United States Championship, which will lead to a little US title tournament, depending if the WWE goes with the Bret Hart going away feel good storyline. In this scenario, I don't see Danielson coming out, but I wouldn't count it out.

On the other hand, I could see Miz cheat to beat Bret, but the Hart Dynasty or Danielson coming out, and then it resulting in Bret giving the sharpshooter to the Miz, having Bret Hart walk out on a good note.

Or they could just have Miz defeat Bret Hart, to put some major heat on him. Basically, it'll be an unpredictable and fun segment to see in my opinion.

I hope the Bryan danielson thing happens. I get this feeling though, HD turns heel on Bret and beats him down or something.

i think that bret hart wont wrestle. mayb he'll bring a doctors note like miz did last week. i think he will pick a replacement (bryan danielson). he will make miz tap out or roll him up for a quick win to become the new us champ.

It's pretty obvious Bret isn't going to wrestle. A replacement could be had (Danielson might be too obvious, as would one of the Hart Dynasty). Maybe Mark Henry, like the above poster stated. Besides Trips, HBK, and Taker, Henry was the only guy that was with the company when Hart was active. Plus Henry was thrown back into the spotlight after making the save and helping John Cena while Batista and Sheamus beat down on him. Who knows really. Hart could forfeit (but that would make him look weak). Maybe Hart actually wins the match and forfeits the championship or something. Pretty much though it is for publicity for the commercial free Raw and it is Hart's last show, so you gotta think he will go out with a happy ending.

I would say it's pretty much certain that Bryan Danielson (as BRYAN DANIELSON) will be the US champ by the time the night is over. It was everyone's first instinct even before we found out Daniel Bryan was eliminated. Myself,(along with other readers I'm sure) sent in word that WWE.com was acknowledging the existence of the real Bryan Danielson today with an interview done with Tarver, Bryan, and William Regal for Skip. So I'll be very surprised if we don't see anything at all from Bryan Danielson tonight.

there is a rumor going around one of the other boards that Bret did not like his showing at WM and tonight intends to try some basic mat wrestling with the Miz. We really could see a decent 5 or 6 minute match that could go either way, depending on what direction the WWE wants to go.

Health concerns have been debated before, but pretty much everyone agrees that the only limitations he has is not being able to take blows to the back of the head, or obvious high spots. A nice little technical match would work well.

Well, that was certainly unexpected.

I'm not unhappy with that result. The Miz wasn't doing anything with the title, and now he and Jericho can win the tag titles. Bret will vacate the belt next week and set up a tournament or battle royal or something where someone (Hopefully Bryan Danielson) wins. I'm intrigued to see where this is going.

Also, the match itself was fun. I think it was a pretty cool moment and an exciting little fight. You'll hear no complaints from me here.

I can't believe that just happened. He actually left Raw with the title. Everything that Jericho said at the beginning of the show.. just became reality. So dissapointed with everything that's happened since Bret's return, from the lackluster Hart Dynasty becoming champs, to Wrestlemania... and it all culminated with this awful "match." Terrible for the miz, terrible for Bret Hart and his legacy.

Terrible for The Miz? Honestly?

The guy was doing nothing with the title. He wasn't defending it, he was just looking pretty. Bret Hart is a legend. He's old, and we as smarks may complain that he can't go, but he's still a legend and a Hall of Famer. If he bequeaths the title to someone, they're going to get a MAJOR rub. Heck, if he makes it up for grabs in a tournament, the winner will get a major rub for beating all the other contenders.

I actually like this move as it's a way of getting the title to someone else without Miz looking too bad. He was beaten up by several people in that match, and everyone knows the Sharpshooter is a major move that a load of people have tapped out to.

A load of people have tapped out to it ten years ago. I'm okay with Vince tapping out to the Lay-z-boy sharpshooter that everyone and their mother are throwing around these days, but it made The Miz look weak. I'm not really a huge Miz fan, and I'm fine with The Miz dropping the title.. but I don't understand giving it to Bret Hart. This wasn't as awful as the Wrestlemania "match" with Vince, but it was pretty close. I honestly feel like the whole comeback has been a failure.

Oh, of course. It's the end of the world. Bret won the useless US title. What a crying shame. What a load of shit. It's a STORYLINE! Miz lost to like 4 people. It's not like Bret Hart even hurt him, until the sharpshooter. It was a sideshow, and an entertaining one at that.

Bret will vacate, or lose the title. So, you don't need to worry that "some old guy" is going to take up too many segments. And what was wrong with that sharpshooter? The legs were crossed the way they should have been (which is more than anyone else has done with it since Bret), he sat down on it, and wrenched on it. It was the best sharpshooter I have seen in years. My guess is you didn't watch Bret during his prime. If you had, you would know that was a damn good sharpshooter.

I am just so baffled by all of the complaining in regards to this storyline. Who cares! It's one, small storyline, involving a title that is never defended anyhow. After Bret drops it, it will most likely be given to someone who will actually defend it. And as Doc said, Miz won't actually have to drop it this way. Miz wins all around. He didn't look weak at all, like I said earlier, it took FOUR people to beat him.

If you followed Bret's career, and don't like him, fine. But when I hear someone talking about how crappy that sharpshooter was, and how it was a worthy hold ten years ago, I want to throw up in my mouth. You obviously know nothing about Bret, and it shows by when you believe the sharpshooter was relevant.

Lately, I could of cared less what happened to the U.S title since The Miz won it months ago. Now that Bret is the champion, it will be interesting to see what they do with the belt. Will he retire it? or will he reward it to someone? Maybe he will vacate it and set up a tournament on Raw. At least people are talking about the U.S title for once. I can't talk shit about Bret being the U.S champion, when Hall and Nash are tag champs in TNA.

Oh, of course. It's the end of the world. Bret won the useless US title. What a crying shame. What a load of shit. It's a STORYLINE! Miz lost to like 4 people. It's not like Bret Hart even hurt him, until the sharpshooter. It was a sideshow, and an entertaining one at that.

Bret will vacate, or lose the title. So, you don't need to worry that "some old guy" is going to take up too many segments. And what was wrong with that sharpshooter? The legs were crossed the way they should have been (which is more than anyone else has done with it since Bret), he sat down on it, and wrenched on it. It was the best sharpshooter I have seen in years. My guess is you didn't watch Bret during his prime. If you had, you would know that was a damn good sharpshooter.

I am just so baffled by all of the complaining in regards to this storyline. Who cares! It's one, small storyline, involving a title that is never defended anyhow. After Bret drops it, it will most likely be given to someone who will actually defend it. And as Doc said, Miz won't actually have to drop it this way. Miz wins all around. He didn't look weak at all, like I said earlier, it took FOUR people to beat him.

If you followed Bret's career, and don't like him, fine. But when I hear someone talking about how crappy that sharpshooter was, and how it was a worthy hold ten years ago, I want to throw up in my mouth. You obviously know nothing about Bret, and it shows by when you believe the sharpshooter was relevant.

I wish we could just enlarge this post for everyone who's licking their chop to bitch about this. Bret won't be at Over The Limit ready to defend this belt, in any kind of match. He won't be taking over shows, challenging anyone. This was all storyline and a way to get the little used U.S title off the Miz. Bret didn't go in a beat the crap out of the Miz. In fact all he really did was throw on a great looking sharpshooter AFTER the Miz was handled by the Hart Dynasty. That's it. Bret will probably vacate the belt and we will have a U.S title tournament on Raw. No need for anyone to cry about anything.

Very interesting how this match played out, Miz is free to go to the main event when called upon, Bret Hart walks away with the U.S. Championship, and Bryan Danielson was nowhere in sight. I'm very intrigued to see where this all leads. Bret won't be around much longer so the title will most likely be vacated, Danielson might make a suprise appearance for that, and could lead to a jelousy fued with Miz. That's how I as alot of people see this happening, all this hinges on if Daniel Bryan's expulsion from NXT does lead to the rebirth of Bryan Danielson.

As soon as they said this match was going to be no disqualification I knew Bret was going to win. I was surprised when The Miz got in a little offense, when I saw The Hart Dynasty I thought the match was going to be a one sided squash.

I do not think Bret will have the belt foe that long, there is no point in it. I hope this sets up a tournament for the U.S. Tittle.
I see The Hart Dynasty losing the belts this Sunday, the crowd showed little reaction for them and the where in their home country.

I watched this match and thought it was 100 times better than Bret vs Vince, from how it started, to the whole execution and the finish.

Bret took a little bit of offense to make the match believable, and plus the crowd went nuts when Miz tapped out. This is everything that wrestlemania should have been. And as i figured, Bret has been getting better has he's went along. He is getting more and more comfortable. I know he'll never be a full time wrestler again, but this proves that he can be involved in the occasional skirmish or a gimmick match here or there.

I really hope Bret stays in the WWE. What they did last night with him has restored my faith...

People thought Bryan Danielson would win the US Title tonight. That is pretty hilarious. Nothing like that was ever going to happen.

Alas, this was what was supposed to happen. Bret got his revenge on Vince and now he's leaving with a title and then vacating it like he should've back in 1997. The saga has been closed, everyone can get on with their lives and never again will there be 50 threads speculating about the possible return of Bret.

Now, there's alot of decent talent who could be put in a tournament for the US title. There's Ted Dibiase, R-Truth, John Morrison, Zack Ryder, Bourne. So yeah, while the Miz's title reign was, at first, doing wonders for it, it went down hill when ShowMiz was created, so taking the title off him now was for the best. Now we can get the US title back on track, and the Miz can go on to elevate himself to the main event via a feud with Jericho, possibly.

I agree with most of the posts here. I don't think Bret will have the title for long. I expect he'll relinquish the title this Sunday at the PPV and either retire the belt (don't think so) or set up a tournament for it (which I expect Bryan Danielson, not Daniel Bryan, to be a part of). It's likely just some cheap pops, giving Bret Hart one last title, especially in Canada, before hanging up the boots for good.

I do believe, though, it cheapens the US title a little, when someone of Bret's age and health, can win it. I realize it's kayfabe, but even still, you need to keep the illusion of reality. Sure, the Miz will likely go on and team up with Jericho to win tag team titles (again), but I think people are wrong if they think the Miz will enter the main event scene on RAW now that's he's lost the "lesser" belt.

Plus, it's a little inconsistent to blast TNA (as I frequently do) for putting titles on old guys and involving the old guys too much in the picture, while saying it's OK to give Bret Hart any title at this stage of his career. The difference, I realize, is that it won't be a prolonged run for Hart, unlike Hogan, Flair, Sting, and the Band who will be front and centre for months to come. But still, you cannot complain about TNA featuring Hogan while saying it's OK for WWE to feature Hart, albeit only briefly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back