• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[OFFICIAL] Bret Hart is the new WWE United States Champion

bret vs miz will not happen. none receive any gain from this. i could only see bret winning by DQ n just putting the sharpshooter on miz, but thats it. i would however love for Teddy Hart to make surprise debut n wrestle miz for the title. Win or Lose, it would be an awesome addition to wwe n the hart dynasty to bring in Teddy Hart. gives hart dynasty a leader on the mic and a singles competitor because it seems tyson n david smith are a tag team

first post!

what about this, guys:
Bryan Danielson is shockingly eliminated from NXT tomorrow night.
Bret gives him his place in the US Title Match, and he wins.
Daniel Bryan, U.S Champion.

Thoughts?

hmm.. Not a bad idea, but not going to happen,
Hart will win, yes I said it By disqualification only so he can go out from Canada with a win. He will apply the sharpshooter but Jericho will interfere and hit a codebreaker, The Hart Dynasty will make the save. Intensifying the feud even more. I can already see it

I find it funny that so many of you are so upset over ONE MATCH on Raw. The U.S. title has been basically pointless for quite some time now anyhow, so what's the problem?

This will not turn out to be some clean win for Bret, so all of you new-school, Bret-hating fans can just calm down. Don't worry, the "old, washed-up" guy isn't going to win. If he does win, it won't be clean.

The real point I am trying to make is we have NO CLUE what is going to happen with this, and half of you are crying your eyes out. Just relax. This is more than likely Bret's final send-off. I do agree it should have been over with at Mania, but it's worked out pretty well for the Hart kids, having Bret around.

I get so annoyed with so many of you. Does this match NEED to happen? No. But we also didn't need to see Meatloaf catch an RKO (one of the WORST things I have EVER seen in wrestling). But it was a POINTLESS segment. This will not be pointless, but how much does it really matter? Even if, by some miracle Bret wins the title, it's not like he's going to keep it. And I don't want to hear any crap about how Miz losing to Bret is going to hurt Miz. Give me a break. No one would take it seriously, and it would be forgotten about the next week. Saying it will hurt Miz is just a cover for you newer fans to bash an older guy, that's all that is.

No matter how it turns out, it's going to be one small portion of ONE episode of Raw. Also, it's going to be commercial free, so there will be time for you to see Evan Bourne, Santino, Mark Henry, etc. do some pointless segment or get squashed. People are reading WAYYY too much into this. Just let the guy have his night in Canada. Really not a big thing to complain about.

My only problem with this whole thing is why does he need a night in Canada? He had a send off at Wrestlemania, I see him sticking around to further the push of the Hart Dynasty but why have another match? I know there will be some type of swerve in here that will lead to him not getting the title but it hasn't happened yet, so this is my problem with this match being made.

Let's suspend disbelief for a moment. We know now that Vince was really afraid to push Bret's limits at WM, and there is the stigma of the lloyds of london thing that made Bret have a crappy match at WM.

2 things could happen here:

#1) Bret feels bad about how bad the match was at WM, and feels that the fans deserve one last decent match. He feels that going against a trained wrestler would make for a better and safer match than against vince. They can still have a safe and technical match without Bret taking head shots or any risky moves.

#2) Bret is going to stay in WWE past May 17th, and this is just the beginning of another storyline for him.

Let's just ask ourselves what if Bret may have been afraid to step back in the ring a little bit at WM, but after it happened and he was fine, he feels like he could do more. What if he honestly wants to have one last great match, and just throw caution to the wind because he feels like the fans deserve it??

Several problems...

Miz' credability? "Really?" He lost that in my eyes by that silly roll up he got stuck in. It was a short match that he was dominating at first, then a random floatover into a rollup? Come on, he lost his credability there.

Secondly, Bret Hart has said, on multiple occasions, that he's done with TV apperances (for now) this coming Monday. It makes NO logical sense for Bret to even compete in this match. All it's going to come down to is Bret putting the Sharpshooter on The Miz, Jericho coming down and hitting the Codebreaker for an amazing mix of pop and heat. Then a mass beat down from the Hart Dynasty. Then "Buh-Bye" Bret.

Here's what I'd LIKE to see happen...

Jericho turn on The Miz (he is Canadian), and beat The Miz for the US Title, and they feud.

would love to see it happen this way(know it won't but would be cool)

Hart was getting beat down by Miz and HBK comes out of the stands, kicks Miz and puts brett on him for the win..

Brett drops the belt, brett and HBK stand in the ring together with arms raised.. Canada can cheer for HBK again..

Does anyone even remember why they are doing this? Vince is going to screw Bret once again in Canada like he did almost 13 years ago. The hart foundation needs to be inducted into the hall of fame class of 2011.

craftyjacket said:
first post!

what about this, guys:
Bryan Danielson is shockingly eliminated from NXT tomorrow night.
Bret gives him his place in the US Title Match, and he wins.
Daniel Bryan, U.S Champion.

Thoughts?

what if, now that Vickie Guerrero has resigned the Raw GM post, Bret Hart becomes the new Raw GM? and as such, he is allowed to make matches.

so then he does the idea above, and has Daniel Bryan take his place in the US Title match, win and feud with Miz?

it'd be a great feud, would not hurt any credibility for anyone, and it would give a reason to keep Bret around for a longer time as he could be involved in a non-wrestling capacity.

hearing them talk about this match and Bret Hart forfeiting the title and becoming GM, it reminds me of the match Shawn Michaels had against Venom aka Paul Diamond in 2000, in Shawn's own wrestling promotion. It was for the World Title and "control of the company"

Shawn beat Venom in a bunkhouse Brawl, that was actually a great match. Shawn didn't take any shots to his back whatsoever. Bret could have the same kind of match, without taking shots to his head...I know in my heart Bret could work that kind of match, and have a much better showing than he did at WM

I can't believe people actually need the reasoning of this match explained to them.

It's being done to further the tag fued before the PPV. Next week, Miz and Jericho will probably do something to incapacitate the HD, leaving Bret to deal with Miz and Jericho alone, where they'll get DQ'd and simply beat on Bret.

Then Cole will announce that Bret was hospitalised as a result, the following week Jericho and Miz come out and brag, HD come out to get revenge, Jericho and Miz flee, and then the PPV match is the final instalment, hopefully with the Harts retaining.

And to whoever maoned about a Canadian challenging for the US title, where were you when countless Americans held the European title?

If Hart won, that'd be great to see, but his contract does run out next week, so I can also see Hart giving a rub to The Miz. Miz has been calling out Hart for a while now, and I think it would be nice to see what Bret can still do and not have a 20 on 1 handicap match again. Either way, this will be interesting to watch for sure.

I can't believe people actually need the reasoning of this match explained to them.

It's being done to further the tag fued before the PPV. Next week, Miz and Jericho will probably do something to incapacitate the HD, leaving Bret to deal with Miz and Jericho alone, where they'll get DQ'd and simply beat on Bret.

Then Cole will announce that Bret was hospitalised as a result, the following week Jericho and Miz come out and brag, HD come out to get revenge, Jericho and Miz flee, and then the PPV match is the final instalment, hopefully with the Harts retaining.

And to whoever maoned about a Canadian challenging for the US title, where were you when countless Americans held the European title?

And the Common Sense Award goes to the only person who has used any logic in this thread so far. Disturbing.

The match is taking place because it's relevant to current storylines. Don't be ******ed and think they're going to give Bret the title and have him go on to feud with Dibiase. There is no lingering angle with Bret as the US Champion. There will be no long term effects resulting from this match. It's simply going to move the Dynasty/The Jiz feud along. What better way to create a heated personal storyline than to take out one of the most celebrated wrestlers of all time. It helps JeriMiz and Hart Dynasty.

If they let Bret win the title, it will not last. Probably more than a night honestly. It would be for fun, nothing more. They've done far more idiotic things before. That's saying IF they have him win. Which I'm almost positive they won't. Like the poster I quoted said, it will be a achance for Jericho and Miz to gain some incredible heat. That's it. Don't look too much into it.

Bret deserves to win that title. They should let him win it fair and square. And then he can forfeit it the next night or whatever, just like he originally wanted to do....

I'm really interested in seeing what's going to happen here. We all know that Bret Hart simply isn't what he once was. He's in his early 50s, he's a multiple stroke victim and he just became a grandfather so no one could expect a lot out of him. The commercial free episode in Toronto has been said to be Bret Hart's last appearance with the WWE but, given what happened last night, who ultimately knows. Bret Hart has said to have been very happy with this run with the WWE and is open to working more dates.

Something is gonna happen, I'm just not sure what, because I don't see The Miz dropping the United States Championship to Bret Hart. Also, it's not really as if these two could have a competitive match against one another. A good hard bump might wind up doing some real damage to the Hitman. Nevertheless, I'm intrigued and am anxious to see what's in store.

Botchamania springs to mind for this match although we shouldn't judge it too quickly.. This won't be a ratings draw IMO, just a way for WWE to reward or repay Bret in a little way by giving him one more match involving gold in Canada.

Won't be a ratings draw? Look here, if the Hitman is going to be in any match, a whole lot of people are going to tune in to see it. For the last 12 years people like me who grew up in the Hitman era have been waiting to either see Bret or at least someone with his technical skill compete. Don't get me wrong, after that match at WM, I don't expect a clinic but I think this could be a little better considering the Miz is the opponent. Not a big miz fan but he is a lot better that McMahn (SP?)

Who knows? Maybe Bret will show you guys why he is "the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be."

Probably not but a guy can hope for at least a week, right? By the way I (just like so many others) bought WM this year mainly because the Hitman was going to be there. If he can get my 50 bucks he sure as hell can get me to change the channel.

I seen this coming but everyone knows next week is supposed to be Brett's last show. I don't see him fighting. I personally think he will appoint someone to take his place.

I am watching NXT and after Daniel Bryan was eliminating, and then his interview stating Daniel Bryan is done but Bryan Danielson is not. With that I feel Brett will tel Miz that he found a replacement and that he may know who he is. Then "boom" out comes Bryan Danielson quickly taking the US title from.

I feel this way because I don't think WWE ever had any intention of letting him win NXT they just wanted to start a program to get him to the main roster. Why not put him with the cocky young Miz whom hasn't been around the biz as long as Danielson has. This was perfect in my opinion. Miz didn't confront Bryan after his elimination, but next week on Raw Bryan Danielson will make the statement that all the wrestling fans know he will.

I think this will happen and him being eliminated was a way to get him to the roster faster. The only thing we have to think about is how can they bring him out after he's being eliminated. Then like he said the character of Daniel Bryan will go nowhere but Bryan Danielson will and in my strong opinion it will be next week and he WILL become US Champion..

Does anyone else think this.

Well according to Bret's official facebook, he said he had no idea about the match until his son Blade told him about it when he got home.

Like i said we could end up surprised by the quality of the match, if it is indeed his last show. He may have the desire in his heart to have one last quality match.

OR, it could be that this is just the beginning of another angle for Bret and the Hart Family. He has said before that if the WWE wanted him to stay, he would, because he has enjoyed it that much.

I dont see Bret getting embarrased or trashed on his way out. I totally believe him winning the title could happen, even if it is a quick 5 minute match, and Bret gets the win with a surprise rollup or something. You'd think a young guy like the Miz would be happy to lose to a legend like Bret....

I don't see him fighting. I personally think he will appoint someone to take his place.

Yes, it will be something like that. If Bret took no bumps against Vince McMahon, he sure isn't going to take any from The Miz.

This isn't a test for Bret or Miz; it's a challenge for Creative. I'm anxious to see what they come up with, given that it's a send-off for Bret Hart in his native country.

Reading through this thread, I'm still amused at the number of people who complain that the Bret-VKM match at Wrestlemania was lousy. For gosh sakes, what did you expect; a hold-for-hold contest of skill and endurance? No, it was a gimmick match in which VKM delivered no offense..... and in which Bret still was so winded at the end he could barely apply the Sharpshooter without falling over. In other words, it was exactly what it should have been.

Obviously, The Miz is a lot more capable a wrestler than Vince McMahon, but if you're looking for a wrestling contest in this one, then you might as well be prepared to hate this match as much as you did the one at WM.

As a Canadian who started watching wrestling when Bret was in the middle of his Canadian Hero Hart Foundation gimmick, I need to say this. I never once in my life thought I would ever get the chance to see Bret Hart wrestle again live. Ever. Even if he just goes in the ring and lays down for The Miz (Who, by the way has to be my favourite current superstar, so this is like a dream come true) I'd still cheer my ass off. I'll be in attendance on Monday, and if the past has ever been any indicator, as soon as that guitar squeal comes on, the roof will come off of the Air Canada Centre. Nobody who will be there cares if he wins or loses, and to be honest, nobody cares that he even has a match. Just seeing Bret Hart in a WWE ring, in Canada for one last time, will be one of the best moments of my life.

Calm down, folks. Bret Hart isn't going to have a wrestling match with the Miz.

We all saw the WM26 match. Bret Hart saw the WM26 match. It's no secret his wrestling days are done, and I believe Bret Hart has enough self-respect that he's not going to die in the ring like Hogan will. On that hand, The Miz character plays to the smarks frequently. There's part of your reason for him taking Bret Hart; it's no secret, whatsoever, that Bret Hart is done wrestling.

So we'll see some kind of turnaround. Someone will interfere, and probably a few someones. I wouldn't be surprised to see Bret Hart come out of this with the US title (and ignore all that "Monday is my last night" crap, if you're buying into it now, you're a bigger mark than you think. It may well be his last night, but believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.) But what you will NOT see is Bret Hart in a clean match against The Miz.

I think this is gonna be somewhat of a clusterfuck match, seeing as looking at the match with Vince at Wrestlemania, I'm judging this one to be nothing extraordinary, and maybe even rather boring.

But either way you turn it, The Miz is gonna get some insane heat working with Bret Hart, I can only imagine that, and I think it might even turn out positively for The Miz.

I seen this coming but everyone knows next week is supposed to be Brett's last show. I don't see him fighting. I personally think he will appoint someone to take his place.

I am watching NXT and after Daniel Bryan was eliminating, and then his interview stating Daniel Bryan is done but Bryan Danielson is not. With that I feel Brett will tel Miz that he found a replacement and that he may know who he is. Then "boom" out comes Bryan Danielson quickly taking the US title from.

I feel this way because I don't think WWE ever had any intention of letting him win NXT they just wanted to start a program to get him to the main roster. Why not put him with the cocky young Miz whom hasn't been around the biz as long as Danielson has. This was perfect in my opinion. Miz didn't confront Bryan after his elimination, but next week on Raw Bryan Danielson will make the statement that all the wrestling fans know he will.

I think this will happen and him being eliminated was a way to get him to the roster faster. The only thing we have to think about is how can they bring him out after he's being eliminated. Then like he said the character of Daniel Bryan will go nowhere but Bryan Danielson will and in my strong opinion it will be next week and he WILL become US Champion..

Does anyone else think this.

I think that this is entirely possible and, personally, I think that it's the best way to go about it. I think that most people accept that Bret Hart's days in the ring are over. He was extremely limited in what he could do in his match against Vince McMahon at WrestleMania 26. You'll notice that Vince didn't really even get to land a shot on Bret Hart because Hart has to be careful when it comes to taking certain kinds of bumps or shots. Hart is a multiple stroke victim and they've left him somewhat fragile.

When you consider Bryan Danielson's elimination on NXT, the antagonistic relationship he's had with The Miz on the show and The Miz wanting a match with someone that can't really wrestle anymore; it makes logical sense for Bret Hart to suggest a replacement. I know most internet fans would love to see Danielson appear on Raw to take on The Miz for the United States Championship. If this is what's going to go down, I'm not entirely sure I'd like to see Danielson take the title Monday. I'd love to see The Miz generate a ton of heat, which will almost certainly happen, against Bret Hart and then take the cowardly way out by getting himself counted out. It could be a really great start to a good feud between The Miz and Danielson.

I think Bret should win this match, but obviously with some help from the Hart Dynasty.

After the match, Bret can get on the mic and thank everyone for the great career he's had and announce that he's not going to wrestle again, thus forfeiting the US Title.

WWE can then either start a US Title tournament the next week, or have some type of match/tourney/battle royal at the next PPV.

Yes, Miz might not look great losing to the Hitman, but who cares (especially if Bret gets outside help)? It's BRET HART, one of the top 3 or 5 performers of all-time in the WWE. What a great way for the Hitman to go out..hoisting a championship above his head to the standing ovation of his fans in Canada.

I'd love to see this. I'll miss Bret and it's been incredible to be able to watch him again these past several months.

For you guys who think this match will bury the MIZ. That is total bullshit. It would be an honour for most of the wrestlers on the roster who grew up watching Bret Hart wrestle as they were kids. So EVEN if the Miz were to job clean, it'd be fine.

What I think is going to happen is the Miz is going to give Bret a beating, then Bryan Danielson is going to come out of the audience and screwjob Miz out of the title. Bret will receive the US Title and refuse the title saying he doesn't want to win via screwjob then thanks everyone and bow out.

Then the feud between Miz and Danielson is cemented. Plus it'd make raw interesting with a midcard tournament for the US title.

I think that WWE is throwing another curveball (and I'm liking it, because for a long, long time it's been as straight as a ruler) here, what with Danielson being eliminated from NXT and the rehiring and then instant resignation of Vickie Guerrero as GM of RAW.

Plain and simple:

Bret Hart announces he's the new GM of RAW and has changed the match to Miz vs Danielson. Miz laughs and ridicules Danielson and Bryan *finally* slaps Miz's taste out of his mouth and puts him to sleep, winning the US title.

Where we go from there is anyone's guess, but that's what I hope for, for this Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back