[Official] Bitch about ECW Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDC

Getting Noticed By Management
WECW, World Entertainment Championship Wrestling is what I am seeing, every Tuesday night, the show honestly, I never wanted to say it but I will, it does not deserve the title of ECW. Hardcore matches were never a top billing, they were standard offense) and with last nights performance (mind you I have a lot of respect for wrestlers.) but when RVD climbed the ropes and dove out onto Bobby Lashley and then they called the match!?!?!? it was like everything was shattered to me. Crowd diving was basically a standard thing for "The Whole F'ing Show" he dove onto people in mid match back in the day, now, its so watered down (unless one of them was seriously hurt, then I would stand corrected). The RVD promo last night was decent, but I don't want him to thank me honestly, I miss the days when RVD would just sit there and basically say that everyone voted for him, cause he is Rob Van Dam. Then, the Bobby Lashley promo, that no one cared about, because Balls Mahoney was laying hurt inthe ring, you could still hear the people cheering for Balls. The Tommy Dreamer promo last night, was actually pretty good, he got the crowd behind, because who can hate Tommy Dreamer? But, there is another thread on here saying about The Great Khali getting a push, which I think is a horrible idea as well... but my question is simple... why are they giving WWE guys pushes... Justin Credible is a jobber now... FBI are jobbers now... Sabu is having trouble carrying a match... Balls is a clean grappler... wtf is going on honestly... at least the ECW wrestlers in TNA (The Dudleys, Raven, Jerry Lynn and Rhyno) are more ECW then the show I watch on Tuesday nights. Like I said earlier, I respect wrestlers, I respect the fact that they go out there and give us a show, and put their bodies on the line. But the ECW banner flew over federations like a gigantic middle finger to the rest of the wrestling world. The smallest guy could win the title, because back in the day, size had nothing to do with domination. It was the risk that you took that got you a shot at the belt. It was how, in-your-face you were. I'm not saying that I want to see my favorite wrestlers being crippled trying to amuse me. But I'm sure that anyone that watched it last night, that arena is behind my view, cause they chanted "Bullshit" when the main event was called. I'm not trying to sound like a blood crazed fan that just wants to see bodies laying in the ring, but I do want to know that they still got it. Hardcore Rules all the time, or if not, at least bring the Hardcore belt back to ECW, and make a division out of it. Do something, cause its fading fast for some old ECW fans, I want to see the Originals and I want to see the action that was, and always will be the ECW that I remember, because as of now, I will take no part in this new face of ECW. :robvandam:

I'll have to agree with you. Last nights finish of the ECW World Title match between Lashley and Rob Van dam, was f**ked up. It would of been better if the anouce table where Joey Styles and Tazz sit, broke. Rob Van Dam just knoced Lashley down and both of them were hurting, WTF??

Rhino was right, "ECW is Dead!"

I'll have to agree with you. Last nights finish of the ECW World Title match between Lashley and Rob Van dam, was f**ked up. It would of been better if the anouce table where Joey Styles and Tazz sit, broke. Rob Van Dam just knoced Lashley down and both of them were hurting, WTF??

Rhino was right, "ECW is Dead!"

i had origianlly put Rhino's quote as my title, not sure how it got changed to being an official post, but, cool.

ill give ecw a month after one night stand and its dead, its a sure waste at the moment, what they could do is amazing, but what they dont do with it is even more amazing.

ecw isnt getting any better as the weeks go on. the guys that got fired was rediculous...they started getting tag-teams in their with the FBI and elijah burke and sylvester turkay...if ecw some how got a 2 hour time slot, and was run the way it should be...you wuldnt see the same matches every week, youd get Sabu and Sandman involved more instead of with Striker or some jobber every week. RVD is gonna leave eventually which will be a huge blow to ecw..they cant run the show on Lashley and Test every week

The big problem with ECW is that they only have a one hour show. TNA can do it, but they base the whole promotion on that show, while ECW just really isn't important. They waste there time on people like Lashley, and don't showcase their real talent in CM Punk, RVD, Sabu (when he doesn't fuck up), and others. The main focus is Lashley, and it's sickening. They need to get a two hour show, get some Tag Teams and bring back the old belts. They also need to push their REAL talent. Vince needs to get his head outta his ass, put the steroids down, and get to the fucking wrestling!

Hey man dont be hatin ecw just say its crap and move on

First of all, I'm tired of all the fans that say ECW was mostly about hardcore. It wasn't. It had 3 core elements and 1 goal. One of the core elements was hardcore. The other 2 are Technical and Lucha Libre Wrestling. Thus the reason for ECW signing guys like Tajiri and Super Crazy. The technical wrestlers were guys like Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit, Eddie Guerrero and etc. There main goal was to entertain the fans. Spike TV known as TNN back then wanted ECW to stop their way or atleast change it. Paul Heyman being stubborn refused. One of the main reasons ECW is dead. They refused because they wanted to keep the fans entertained and not sell out.

I get mad when people bitch about how every match has rules. What happened to anything goes? ECW didn't always have anything goes rules. Easter Championship Wrestling didn't have those rules. When it was dubbed Extreme Championship Wrestling Heyman put those rules into effect but not in every match was a weapon used. They had good classic matches like Tajiri vs. Super Crazy vs. Little Guido. The main reason I dont like this new ECW is because it doesn't stay true to the old ECW. The WWE feed the fans crap. They dont feed the fans the true ECW.

The commentating team is also a problem. In old ECW they didn't tell stories. They actually had an announce team that called the action. Before when Styles flew solo he called every move he saw happened. He didn't tell stories like how Vince forces him to. Dammit if Vince hired him, he shouldn't hire him to tell stories but to do what he does best and that's being a play by play man. A real play by play man that calls the action.

Another reason I hate it is because the way Vince and the head writter of the new ECW treats the originials. Most of them are getting squashed or there jobbing. RVD and Sabu are most noticible getting burried. I dont mind Dreamer. He always lost matches and was always willing to put people over. It's all in his character. But RVD and Sabu come on. WWE says Sabu can't wrestle unless it's a specialty match. That's bullshit. He has had 4 stars or even 5 with RVD in the past. It's just that WWE limits most of their moves it's impossible for them to put up a good match. I mean they give the World Title to Lashley? RVD should of been given another chance. So he messed up. He changed. People deserve a secound chance. I'm pretty sure HHH messed up in the past. Atleast if your going to give it to young talent give it to Punk. He's been in the company for a short time and he is arguably the most over talent in WWECW. He gets heat for the stupidest crap. Making out with Maria excessively? Are you kidding me?

Here's my main reason for hating WWECW:

Paul Heyman was never given a real chance to write a show. If he did Vince scratched it out or heavily edited it without seeing how it would turn out. Paul E. was never given a real chance. It's sad, this new product could of gone distance. I'm sure Paul didn't write crazy stuff for the show. I mean he probally did it to please us the fans and Vince but Vince is just to stubborn to understand that. I heard the Mcmahon family never even like Paul Heyman. It just makes me so mad that this brand is getting ratings like this. It has flopped and ruined the legacy of the old ECW. It needs to be shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back