• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

[Official] 2009 CFL Thread

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
CFL_Logo.svg

So will anyone post in here? This is the thread for the Canadian Football League for the 2009 season. The season started last week, and the League is looking forward to a great balanced year this year. After the great three runs in the last three years be three different teams, the CFL's Grey Cup looks like anyone can win it this year.

I will be cheering for the BC Lion's this year, a team that has really picked up steam as a major team these last 5 years. But now, with a young quaterback, and a refreshed team, they might not be the top team this year. But doesn't mean I'll run off to Saskatchewan or anything like that.

This is the last year with 8 teams, as Ottawa will receive another team next year, whic hwill create an odd number again.

Post your thoughts on the CFL season.​

I will be cheering for the Hamilton Tiger-Cats (hometown team of course). It was a tough loss to the rival and hated Argos, but the season looks promising. They have not had good season the past couple of years averaging maybe 3 wins, but I don't think they will be that bad this year. Porter is a young, talented QB and will hopefully bring stability to the position, but if not Glenn is a great back-up to have. We have a great crop of running backs, but right now they all seem to be injured. When they get healthy our backfield will be one of the best in the East. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.

Ugh, how many times does Ottawa have a chance at a CFL franchise. It better work this time.

Roughriders fan now. I haven't really ever paid mind to the CFL, but Eric Morris is playing WR and returning kicks and punts for them now, and was a key piece in Texas Tech (my college team) getting to the next level in the college ranks. Same for QB Graham Harrell, who looks to be headed that way. Dude is phenomenal and will fit right into the CFL style of offenses. He'll probably light up the league if he chooses to go that route. So yeah, I'll be keeping up with Saskatchewan throughout the year, and will try to catch some games on stream to hold me over for the NFL season.

Wow, a Hamilton TiCats fan? So they do exist. After some horrendous seasons though, you have stuck through. And I think it was a good choice. TiCats look like they can do better this season, and rebuild for the future. By better, you know I mean they can win 5 games.

As for you Wes, I see Saskatchewan fever has reached Texas. Eric Morris looks like he will have some stuff, watched him play a bit. Heard rumours that a man on Texas TEch, who you probably know, Harell, could be brought up by the team as a quaterback. found that interesting.

Ya we still exist. There's a lot of pride in this city. They haven't given us much to cheer about, but it seems to be changing. Honestly, they should challenge for a playoff spot in the East and I believe this will happen.

Now to talk about the rest of the league. I think Calgary is still one of the top teams in the league and has a real possibility of repeating. Montreal is always a threat because they are in the East. BC is a power and can take out any team if they play to their potential. Saskatchewan is a sneaker. They are good enough to win, but are still behind the top teams in the league.

Also, screw the Argos. The only Toronto team that is not my favourite in their respective sport.

Toronto in my books will finish last in the CFL if Hamilton doesn't. This will leave the East with Winnipeg and Montreal to rack up the big points. I think the West will win the Grey Cup again this year, because like the pas few years, the West is just that much better. That is why the West crosses over when cross overs happen. I can't see Winnipeg winning it this year, and Montreal is just too inconsistant and playing with the bad division to rack up points. As Edmonton has nothing impressive, then I have to give it to one of the three big East teams. Worried about my own team, so I predict it going to one of the last two champions. But balance is being made as I said, so really, Toronto could rise up. Really, Calgary could lose a bunch. Who knows.

Hamilton actually defeated the BC Lions tonight!!! A crazy finish to the game with Lloyd intercepting Pierce to end the game. This is a huge win for the Ti-Cats since an eastern team has not won in BC in 5 years, Hamilton has a record of 2-22 in June and July in past years, and Hamilton hasn't won a whole lot lately. This is a huge upset and hopefully a sign of things to come.

Also, Winnipeg beat the defending Grey Cup Champions Calgary in another big upset.

I thought it was time to bump this thread up, as the CFL playoffs are now starting and their might be a few fans who want to give their opinion of the Grey Cup playoffs.

Well my BC Lions had a shit season, filled with injuries. We saw a returning of a familiar face, and he did well for us, Casey Printers did alright, not great, but we snuck by, and are now an Eastern Team come playoffs. Yes, the silly crossover allowed the only team on the Pacific Ocean to become an Eastern team. We will play against Hamilton Ti Cats. The winner will get to face Montreal. In the West, the battle of Alberta will be a great match, as the winner gets to face Saskatchewan.

I am very excited for the Ti-cats first playoff game in a while. Even better that's it's at home at Ivor Wynne Stadium! A very good bounce back season and hopefully they can keep it going by defeating BC once again. It should be a great game and I am thinking about going, but I most likely won't.

Go Ti-cats Go

I think BC has about the same percent of a chance of getting to the conference finals as Montreal has:). Hamilton has not been in the playoffs in years and will fall to BC. BC had a losing record this year, but come playoffs, that does not matter for the Lions, as their statistics against the Eastern teams for the playoffs are incredible.

Good on Hamilton for getting to play an extra week though:). Better luck next year.

The BC Lions' record against Eastern Teams and the Ti-cats during the regular season was good too, but the Ti-cats still managed to beat them. It's very possible that they can do that again. Plus, BC's QB position is pretty banged up right now. Printers and Pierce are both hurting and although Printers is starting, the question will be can he finish the game. It's going to be an interesting and very exciting game, cannot wait.

That is that. The BC Lions are two games away from winning the Grey Cup after destroying the Hamilton Ti-Cats. I think BC has a better chance of winning the East then they do winning the West. There is a chance to have a Grey cup games between BC and either Edmonton or Saskatchewan, in Calgary. What a crowd that would be. BC will face a VERY good Montreal team first however. He S_F, if you will be around, perhaps we can have an LD for the Grey Cup.

What a great and exciting game today eh TM. Hamilton was outplayed for the majority of the game, but a last second drive kept my hopes alive. The defence fell flat in overtime and it was a disappointing ending. But it was a great game to watch.

Overall, I am very happy about the Ti-cats this season. Having endured 2-3 bad seasons and then having a home playoff game, this season was a success. They had a chance today, but came short.

And TM, for sure if I am able to watch the Grey Cup I'll be apart of the LD.

Well Round one is over, and really, the 4 teams left are the most dominate teams in the CFL in the last few years. Montreal will face British Columbia in one of the best looking games in a long time for me. The Western division will have Calgary face Saskatchewan, as the defending champions will face the year before defending champions. I have BC winning against Montreal, in a game that will be decided by 6 points, with a touchdown with 5 left in the 4th. Saskatchewan is also going on, as they will destroy Calgary in their game.

I see Montreal beating BC. The Ti-Cats didn't play a good game, but still stood a chance and even brought it to overtime. Montreal won't wait for their chances and they will strike BC every chance they get. The Lions can't afford to keep Montreal in the game so I think Montreal wins.

Calgary and Saskatchewan is a great matchup. These two are building a great little rivalry in the West and you know Calgary is coming in with revenge on their minds. Plus a big factor is this year's Grey Cup is in Calgary. How much more motivation does one team need? None. Calgary wins.

Well that was an interesting Grey Cup to say the least. Saskatchewan lost after dominating the game. Montreal won by 1, 29-28. Strange game to say the least because Saskatchewan had had the game won in their mind, even rushing the field in celebration. But a flag on a field goal failure brought the play back with no time left. This time Montreal did get the field goal and ended up winning he game as it was.

Glad to see Montreal win it, as I loathe Saskatchewan, even after Montreal beat British Columbia out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back