• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rugby League 2009 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You see Becca, he went to a horrible team because they offered more money. It's simple. Coaches couldn't give two shits about winning after they've already done it. Their legacy is already cemented. Why not take more money and try to turn a program around? If a coach can turn an awful team into a winner, he looks like gold and is offered an even larger contract by a team. Thus, he's looking for more money in the immediate future, and long term.

I just pulled that out of my ass. But, you can't say I only post American sports now.

*Smiles*

*Smiles back at 48* A rugby post? I am very, very proud <3

So, the Saints/Wigan game last night was absolutely amazing. I loved that game something shocking. I haven't seen a good defensive game like that in years. With a final score of 10-6 to Saints, it was superb. The wrong team won, Wigan were ahead almost the whole of the second half and played the better game, but shit happens.

Leeds vs. Warrington tonight :).

Yes it is, and I'm not in the south stand tonight :( Ill be sat up at the top of the carnegie stand. Dam them freinds and their guilt trips. Should be interesting since it's Tony Smiths first game at headingly since he left

You're not in South? That's depressing. I was in the Carnegie Stand for the Boxing Day game against Wakefield, and the atmopshere in there really isn't that great at all. I had a few looks just for chanting..it was weird. Then again, I was in the standing part with all the commoners, it might be better seated. But still, I really hate not being in Southstand, it's by far the loudest stand in the whole of Super League.

I'm wondering if Tony Smith will get a reaction from the Leeds fans, and whether it'll be a good one, what do you think? On one hand., he did a lot for us so the respect is there, but on the other hand a lot of Leeds fans are annoyed he left us because he wanted to focus on being an international coach, then signed with Warrington.

You're not in South? That's depressing. I was in the Carnegie Stand for the Boxing Day game against Wakefield, and the atmopshere in there really isn't that great at all. I had a few looks just for chanting..it was weird. Then again, I was in the standing part with all the commoners, it might be better seated. But still, I really hate not being in Southstand, it's by far the loudest stand in the whole of Super League.

I'm wondering if Tony Smith will get a reaction from the Leeds fans, and whether it'll be a good one, what do you think? On one hand., he did a lot for us so the respect is there, but on the other hand a lot of Leeds fans are annoyed he left us because he wanted to focus on being an international coach, then signed with Warrington.

I dont mind it in the Carnegie stand, i've sat in there a few times this year. The atmosphere in the south stand is far better, My feet always ache after ive watched a game in the south though.

Tony Smith should get a positive reaction, he did a lot for Leeds and felt it was time to move on, I'd be pretty annoyed if he doesnt get a big cheer

Yeah, Smith's reaction was good, There's only one Tony Smith (8). It reminded me I used to find him attractive, but he's like 50 so I feel kind of bad.

That was one of my favourite games ever. I LOVE close games like that, and I thought I was having a heart attack when Sinfield was kicking the last conversion. If I'd forgotten how much the team meant to me the game definitely reminded me. I thought we'd lost it when they score with 5 minutes left tbh. But absolutely fantastic game.

Random other thoughts - Warrington fans are dicks. I mean, seriously, they're just annoyingly horrible, they take the trophy from St Helens. And why was Webb playing? Clearly not in great shape. Sinfields kicking left a lot to be desired, and Hall/Donald are the 2 best wingers in SL.

Damn I wish we could play Castleford every week. 76-12 Final score, with Super Leagues top try scorer Ryan Hall scoring a huge 5 tries. What an amazing game. From the way we've been keeping it to the last minute lately, it felt good to go out and completely kill a team the way we did tonight. These past few weeks we seem to have gained a spark in the final 5 minutes - this week that spark was there for the full 80 and it really showed. If we keep playing like that there's no doubt the championship is ours.

I take back what I said above, I wish we could play Celtic Crusaders every week. With a Final score of 68-0 that was best game we've had all season. We've ran in 27 tries in 2 games - it's absolutely amazing, considering we've only conceded 2. Our amazing-ness is proven as we now take our rightful space at the top of the Super League table. Absolutely thrilled. I can't wait for our Final home game of the season in 2 weeks - the game that will decide the league leaders shield. I'll probably cry if St Helens win, however when I look at how they've been playing recently, and compare it to how we've been playing there's really no competition. Leeds <3

I take back what I said above, I wish we could play Celtic Crusaders every week. With a Final score of 68-0 that was best game we've had all season. We've ran in 27 tries in 2 games - it's absolutely amazing, considering we've only conceded 2. Our amazing-ness is proven as we now take our rightful space at the top of the Super League table. Absolutely thrilled. I can't wait for our Final home game of the season in 2 weeks - the game that will decide the league leaders shield. I'll probably cry if St Helens win, however when I look at how they've been playing recently, and compare it to how we've been playing there's really no competition. Leeds <3

Leeds are going to win, both the league and the Final. My mates in heaven making it happen. Should be a good game next week, the two best teams in the league going at it for the 3rd time this year. To be fair I did expect us to demolish Celtic they are awful plus lost 6 of their main team after they were deported :)lmao:)

So, yeah, the Challenge Cup Final was shit. Which I knew it would be. You can't have Huddersfield and Warrington in a match like this and expect it to be great. You need the likes of Leeds, Saints and Wigan to make occasions like this. Warrington beat Huddersfield after a pretty boring game. Huddersfield have been playing great most of the season and they choose a final to drop all of that? I was cheering for Hudds, but I also don't care either way.

Bring on the Grand Final. Although have you seen how bad the Play off thing looks? Stupid 8 Top teams. Things were SO much better with a Top 6.

Top of the League, we're having a laugh (8)

Finally, we showed the scum that is St Helens who the real champions are. In an epic game, Leeds defeated Saints 18-10. Possibly my favourite game of the season. The atmosphere was great. The 2 fights were hilarious, our rugby was amazing. It's pretty obvious now Leeds are going to be crowned League winners at the end of this season, short of a very weird set of results next week, which I'm not betting on.

We're Leeds Rhinos (8)

Top of the League, we're having a laugh (8)

Finally, we showed the scum that is St Helens who the real champions are. In an epic game, Leeds defeated Saints 18-10. Possibly my favourite game of the season. The atmosphere was great. The 2 fights were hilarious, our rugby was amazing. It's pretty obvious now Leeds are going to be crowned League winners at the end of this season, short of a very weird set of results next week, which I'm not betting on.

We're Leeds Rhinos (8)

Don't bet on it:p I still think Saints can get the job done in the play offs and at Old Trafford (nothing like blind faith is there?)
You are right it was an epic game and look forward to meeting you again hopefully at Old Trafford:)

Yay Rugby fan!

Saints fans have said they can get the job done at Old Trafford for the last 2 years, would you like to tell me what happened there? :) This season has been pretty bad for St Helens actually. They can usually count on the Challenge Cup and the League Leaders shield, but the Cup has passed them by, and it'd take a weird set of results this week for Saints to take the leaders shield. Due to that I can definitely see them being a tough team in the Play offs - but aren't they always?

This year the system has changed, and Saints aren't on their best right now. They're going to need to step it up if they're even going to get to the final - all the 8 teams do.

That is simple, we played Leeds :blush: As I said blind faith helps as well and with being a Newcastle fan as well I need a lot of it:sad: The week off we got will have helped, may not have shown against you last week but in the play offs we will be fresher than the last couple of seasons having not had a week off (excluding off season and week before Grand Final) since the 2006 season. Hopefully it will make us a little bit sharper in the coming weeks.

Chris

Urgh Saints fan.

Rhinos are peaking right now, hopefully the momentum will take us over the grand final finish line. I think its gonna be a test for us, we dont wanna lose what momentum we have been having a week off. With the bans of Senior and JJB only being a week long its looking more and more like a Rhinos victory in the Grand Final

Now then first of all well done Leeds on winning last night and taking the league leaders shield, top effort and well deserved. Now onto Saints, 3 defeats in 4 and frankly, blind faith aside, we are not winning the title, Leeds are almost certain to do that, but in one off games anything can happen I will not be holding my breath.

How have I not posted how amazing we are in here for so long? Okay so, Congratulations to Leeds for winning the League Leaders shield. Despite not winning it for a few years now, this has always been my favourite trophy. It shows the team who have played best all year around, and with a 4 point lead at the top I think it's obvious we did that. Absolutely love this trophy.

And now we've turned our attention to the Super League Grand Final. After an amazing win against Hull KR we're looking to the semis. That game was really good, and our score of over 40 points wasn't really fair to Hull, who played very well. However, that game will always be marred by the horrible injury suffered by Chev Walker. After a tackle by Senior he landed wrong and broke his leg so badly the bone was sticking out of his skin. The worst injury I've ever seen suffered at a Rugby game, and I hope he gets on the road to healing as quickly as possible. He wasn't a Leeds player, but that doesn't mean anything. Both sets of fan gave the loudest cheer of the game when he was stretchered off and it makes me unbelievably proud to be a fan of not only the Rhinos, but of Rugby League in general.

Since my knowledge on the sport is limited to say the least, I would like to know how you proper fans feel about the upcoming "club call" announcement? Is it a help or hindrance to Leeds?

Personally, Leeds are in a no win situation. Whoever they pick has the extra motivation of being labelled the weakest option. I know the counter is they shouldn't need any extra motivation, it's the play-offs but little things like that can give the opposition an extra 1% which can make a huge difference.

Finally, as Leeds fans, who would you pick for your side to face? Catalan Dragons or Hull KR/Wigan?

I am very very glad we chose Catalan here. They are going to be a tough game - there's no doubt about that in my mind. However, Wigan and Saints are arguably the biggest rivals in the sport, and always give a tough game. I think, providing Leeds win on Friday (Which we will) either Wigan/Saints will have given the other such a tough game that they won't be as fresh as if they faced Catalan.

You're spot on about Catalan now having a hidden incentive now. Although to be fair I think they know that they'd be seen as the weaker of the 2 - just a few years ago they were at the bottom of the table, and Wigan are arguably the most successful club in English Rugby League.

We made the right choice in my opinion. I think Leeds will expect Catalan to storm into the game and be there to win. But only Catalan fans really believe they're better than Leeds, and a few fans I've spoken to even expect us to win. It will be a great game. Albeit very sad for the rugby addicts like me. Our last home game until next year..

So Leeds vs Catalans and St Helens Vs Wigan.

Both difficult games but im glad we have avoided Wigan so far. I really think Wigan and Catalans have a good chance at causing upsets here and making it to the Grand Final, Obviously I hope Leeds get there mainly because I am a fan but also because I put my V cash on them to win it. I'll be there on Friday my first Rhinos game since my freinds death so should be interesting. Catalans are coming into this game on a good run of form beating St Helens,Wakefield and Huddersfield in recent weeks so it will be no easy task for us. I think Leeds will win but nerves may become a factor as Leeds are trying to become the first ever team to win the Grand Final 3 times in a row.

Wigan Vs St Helens is an interesting match up. I believe that at this current time Wigan are better than Saints and with the history they have and the fan base they have they will be wanting that final spot more than St Helens. Saints have been messy in recent weeks, they havent looked good at all so I do think that this could be the upset of the season.

It's all about the VCash hon.

Wigan vs. Saints will be a great game and you're spot on in thinking Wigan are playing better at the moment but personally I'll be hoping for a Saints victory. That's probably the first time I have ever said that - being the #1 Saints hater in the world. But I love beating St Helens at Old Trafford, it's like a drug to me now. These last 2 years have been amazing, and I'm pretty sure we have a better chance of beating Saints then Wigan at the moment.

I'm talking as if Leeds are already in the final. But that's because if Catalan win I will cry. Look out for me hon.

As usual, we're going to Old Trafford! And as usual, we're going to defeat St Helens. Saints have had a really bad season by their standard - losing both the league leaders shield and the Challenge Cup, therefore they'll want to try and prove something at the Super League Grand Final. However, Leeds have had a great end to their season and I think they have what it takes. We've beaten Saints at Old Trafford for the last 2 years and this will be the same, I have no doubt about it. They're simply not good enough to beat the Champions at the moment. Leeds will be aiming to be the first team ever to win the Grand Final 3 years in a row, and I'm sure it will be an absolutely epic encounter.

Well Its Leeds Vs Saints again.

Ya know how they say its 3rd time lucky? well I dont think this is going to apply here. Leeds took a fair battering on friday night and only a fantastic ten minute blitz took us past Catalans. Saints got bullied from pillar to post by Wigan and its questionable if they deserved to win, but they managed to. Leeds at the moment are far better than St Helens so I am throughly expecting a Rhinos win. Saints will be on a mission though, having lost the league leaders shield and getting knocked out of the cup they will not want a trophyless season, so they will come all guns blazing. Its gonna be a fantastic game though.

Oh bring it on, so looking forward to this:cool: And we did deserve our win over Wigooooooooon no questions about that, our defence was brilliant, as it was against the dwarf er I mean Giants :) to quote jeff hardys latest entrance song:

"time has come and gone for words"

so simply I say this, BRING ON THE ACTION!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

I almost feel bad for you Saints fans, losing to the Rhinos on such a big scale 3 years in a row? And even if by some miracle they won, Leeds have still won twice so either way we have something over the scum that is St. Helens :) But yeah, the match will be epic, as always. I'm really excited, went for my tickets today. East Stand, Tier 2 for those wanting to stalk me :). I thought Wigan were going to win, they've been of such a higher quality in recent weeks. I wanted to play Saints though, I just enjoy beating them so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back