• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*OFFICAL EXCLUSIVE*: Top WWE Star Considering Retirement; Details

Madico_Fs

Australian Heavyweight Champion
After speaking to a source in WWE earlier this evening, WrestleZone can now exclusively confirm that a top WWE star is strongly considering his retirement from the pro wrestling industry.

Out of respect to the superstar, who is still under contract with WWE, we will not be revealing his name at this point, however as the story continues to develop WZ will be providing more information. It should be noted that the wrestler in question is NOT Chris Jericho.

We have been told that the top star's contract is expiring with WWE in the very near future, and that he has several options on his plate outside of the pro wrestling world that he has a strong interest in exploring. We have also been told that if this wrestler does indeed leave WWE it will not be to jump ship to TNA, but rather to quit the wrestling business altogether and focus on other avenues.

WZ will continue to update this situation as it develops.

As it says on Wrestlezone.Com Home Page. Okay everyone shoot, who can this superstar be? We know its NOT Chris Jericho,

My Guess at this point would be, Matt Hardy. The amount of crap going on between the WWE and Matt makes me think its Hardy, however it says he probs wont cross the line, so my second guess would be a gut feeling but.....Edge.

WBU WRESTLEZONE FORUMERS?

I suppose it could really be anybody though, right?

I feel as though Matt Hardy if he left would not retire and he would surely jump too TNA and it's easy schedule. I know the Hardy's don't really have a "passion" for wrestling and really are looking for reality tv spots and whatever else, but then why did Jeff Hardy join TNA before even RVD/Mr Anderson?

I think that it's more likely The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, HHH, or possibly even Edge or Christian.

The Undertaker might be thinking that WM 27 is the end of the line for him, especially with Bearer in the picture atm.

There are plenty different reasons for each. It could be Matt Hardy or anyone who I named, though I feel Hardy would be the most likely of those I named that would debut sometime in TNA.

I doubt it would be Matt Hardy. Matt Hardy looks pretty dedicated to make himself more sufficient. One would even go as far as to say he has even become a psycho-path.

My guess on the person retiring is...the Undertaker, believe it or not. The guy is really old. Not to mention, he seems to be getting injured a bit way too often. Also, I'm sure I am not the only who has noticed this, but the Undertaker really seems to fuck up in the ring a bit too often. Just the match he had with Kane at HiaC, I could have sworn he was about to drop Kane whne he was going for the tombstone on him at the very end of the match.

Age has gotten the best of the Undertaker and he realizes this. Undertaker has proven himself to be one of the best to come out of the business and really has nothing more to prove. He has an undefeated streak at Wrestlemania and he has delivered some great matches along with many great fueds. Sure, he may not have held the title as often as others, but all of his accomplishes in the business should comensate for his loses.

If it really is the Undertaker that is considering retirement, which I'm pretty sure it is, I'm happy for him. He has played his role in the WWE phenominally, and really, that should be enough for everyone...

It says the person has a lot of other options out side of wrestling. To me that means someone in their mid 30's and who can be in movies and such and still have a career outside of WWE. Undertaker, Matt Hardy, and Rey Mystiero don't fit that bill. It is not Chris Jericho. To me there is only one guy who it could be and that is Edge. He just fits the mold from the report.

I'm surprised no one has thought of this yet...Kane. The article clearly states that the wrestler believes he has other avenues to attempt a career on. And in the last half a year (or longer), Glenn Jacobs has been a political blogger and occasional correspondent on fox news. That's the only wrestler off the top of my head that would:

A)Be considered a "top" WWE superstar yet not major enough that WZ just can't help themselves by revealing.

And

B) Legitimately has other ways to make a career. Ever watch the WWE edition of weakest link? Kane is a genius.

I think that maybe Christian might this superstar.I mean right now he is hurt i'm preety sure he don't want to get anymore i mean he is still fairly young can still do thing.It might be him or Edge but i have a gut feeling its Christian.

Well, if you call Matt a "Top Superstar, maybe. But honestly, I think it is Edge, I know he has stated that he wants to wrestle for two more years, but I think it is time for him to retire. In his matches he doesn't look 100% fit. He often limps around the ring. I think that he should hang his boots up before he gets placed in a wheel chair!

Three names IMMEDIATELY popped into my head. Kane, Undertaker and Rey Mysterio. We've all been hearing the rumors regarding the closure with the Paul Bearer character and Undertaker. That would make the most sense to me at this time. Rey is a knee surgery away from being gone and we know he is always working hurt. Rey has made quite a career with WWE and he honestly has nothing left to prove as does Taker. I think Kane will be around a little while longer.

This thing it´s easy. Do you want to know who it is?
Rey Mysterio, his contract already ends, but he had a lot of injuries in his knee that he missed almost years of his contract; he knows that he is nt as good as 10 years ago.
For me it will be sad, with Carlito already gone I don´t see anyone of the latin heritage with that style, you can say dos caras jr but he doesn´t have the same style that rey mysterio have.

I'm going to say Edge. He recently had a serious injury that was very difficult for him to rehab. And let's be honest, he really hasn't been used that effectively since he returned. Is he a face? Heel? Raw or Smackdown? Main event or mid card guy? It just seems like there isn't a place for him right now, & I could see him leave the business.

the answer is HHH. he's deep into the political aspect of things right now, with linda's senate run, and is also looking into getting involved with politics. couple that with the front office job he just stepped into with WWE and it all makes sense.

It's either:

Edge- who has spoken about coming towards the end of his career

Undertaker- Who has said he wants Paul Bearer to be around when he ends his career ends and well Bearer is back so yeah.

Rey- his knee surgeries have obviously been taking a HUGE toll on his body. I mean when you do high risk you NEED your knees. And with the amount of surgeries he's been having yeah

Kane- As stated Kane has many opportunities I'm sure ahead of him outside of wrestling. The man doesn't fit the mold of a "traditional wrestler" the man is sharp as a tack and he has very accurate and deep political opinions that are a shock to be seen coming from a wrestler.

However..... Here's one for you...

Big Show! I don't know his contract status or what is going on with him yet but let's face it a man his size can't go forever. Perhaps Big Show is who this is speaking on. Highly doubtful however Show has to be viewed as a Top WWE superstar.

I could see Christian leaving but to me the likely choices are:
Edge, Rey, Undertaker, & Kane

the answer is HHH. he's deep into the political aspect of things right now, with linda's senate run, and is also looking into getting involved with politics. couple that with the front office job he just stepped into with WWE and it all makes sense.

HHH has done that job for years... He just now got a desk and an official name to put with it though. As far as getting into Politics where did you hear that? Just because he is going to go with Linda to her rallies and such doesn't mean he wants to get into politics. It means he is there showing his support for his Mother-in-law and perhaps to answer questions from the WRESTLING side to make Linda appear more personable to the voters.

HHH is already set to basically get control of the entire WWE along with Stephanie once Vince steps away. Why would he give that up to get into politics. Because let's face it major politics is a 24 hour a day job and if HHH were in anyway associated with WWE while running in politics he would immediately face serious obstacles..which is exactly why Linda LEFT the WWE...

I really think this has to be Kane.

To me, the best way to get rid of Kane is to have him destroyed by The Undertaker. I mean, Kane was basically brought in as another "Monster" for Taker to destroy, was good enough to keep going, and never left. Kane has done well for himself in a gimmick that probably wasn't meant to last.

I think Kane losing a "Buried Alive" match would be the best way for him to go out. I've read before that this kind of match is being proposed for (more than likely) Survivor Series. What better way for the Kane character to go away? WWE gave him one last title run. If it turns out to be Kane, my guess is he discussed his retirement with the WWE well ahead of time, and that's why all of this is happening. Best send off he could get, in my opinion.

edge has said he only has a couple more years in him, so i think he'll be around for 2 more wrestlemanias. taker is a good option. he is getting old, but there is already news on that. kane might since he is very politically involved and a very smart guy, but i think he'll be around for another year or two.

my guess is rey rey. del rio is being pushed so hard so he can take over as the head latino of the wwe (as a heel this time.) rey has had many injuries, and he must be nearing his end.

i dont think its hardy, because once he's gone i bet he'll be sign very quickly by tna. they would love to reunite the hardys. their tag division is second to none right now, and having the hardys team up, even for just a few months, would do even more wonders for that division.

My guess is Big Show. He already walked away once to try boxing and acting . Boxing was a bust but he has done a lot of acting (Sure a lot had to do with his WWE connections) but I think he could still get parts as to the others

Matt Hardy is NOT a top star
HHH is not leaving the biz
Cena...Yeah right
Christian...Not a top star
Undretaker although he might retire I dotn see him having many alternate outlets
Mysterio Same as Taker (although in Mexico who knows)
Orton is not retiring

If this is to be Kane, then the words that he said earlier on in the year would be quite contradictory to this revealing news (considering he said that he'd be around in the business for a couple more years). Then again, it's like show business and anything can happen given the circumstances.

I think the highest possible option would be Edge. He sustained a career-ending injury and yet found a way to come back to compete as a top level star on RAW, the E's flagship brand. That's an impressive feat to say the least, but when you look at reality he hasn't recovered to what he used to be and that ankle will be giving him some pain. He's made quite the name for himself in the business from all his accolades where he will be remembered for some time... he's got nothing more to accomplish. Unless he makes a miraculous bounce-back and gets himself in shape, it might be time for Edge to hang up the boots (since he said that he'd be wrestling for around a couple of years). I'm only speculating though and really got nothing else to back up my theory. It could be anyone.

I think the best bet would be Christian. He just got hurt and people that get hurt later in their careers are somewhat hesitant to come back. But Rey Mysterio isn't really doing much right now besides the Alberto Del Rio stuff...maybe giving a rub before he goes? His last title run was kind of sad as everyone knew it was only cuz Taker got hurt. I think Edge still has some time left and I really hope he doesn't go, he still has alot to offer in my opinion and the new angle they have him going with is interesting. After thinking about it now though, I'm gonna have to say the Mysterio is gone. He would never go to TNA and I think his character has gone about as far as it's gonna go. But it could be anyone...Cena? lol

There are a few wrestlers obviously at the end of their careers. Edge said he has a few more years left, HHH isn't going anywhere, Christian is injured but will be back, Taker isn't going anywhere as he will be doing at least one more WM.

Even though Matt isn't considered a top star I think he's basically done with pro wrestling. That serious health problem caused a really bad weight gain and he's having trouble losing it all. Plus the fact that he has stated he has many other side projects it could be him.

The other wrestler would be Rey. A ton of injuries who has said quite a few times that he is at the end of his career as well. Believe his contract is ending soon as well?

Guys like Kane, Taker, Edge etc. They aren't going anywhere for at least a year or 2. What sucks in within a few years look at the names that will be retiring from pro wrestling.

Since no one mentioned this here is an idea, I seriously doubt it though. How about it being John Cena, and wrestlezone just got whiff of some kind of angle where Cena considers retirement rather than joining the Nexus. Just a thought but I doubt it.

If not Kane or Taker my money is on Mysterio - The guy obviously must be pretty banged up considering all the time he takes off to recuperate/injuries. He's still pretty talented, but so was HBK at the end of career even with nagging knee/back. even looking at his mobility compared to 10 years ago, hes obviously in the slowing down part of his career.

The two pieces of information we have to go by is that it is a "TOP star" and that this person wants to retire completely and already has other career paths mapped out. I find the best way to go about this is to literally dissect the roster by process of elimination so here is what I think....

There is no possible way it's Triple H so lets just get that out of the way. I don't even need to explain why it's not him.

Matt Hardy wouldn't be this big of a deal as we have known for weeks that he is having trouble with WWE management so that alone gets rid of him. This would just be another unfortunate member of the future endeavor club with no delayed announcement on WZ. Besides, I've always viewed Matt as a wrestling guy to the core so if he did leave WWE I find it hard to believe he wouldn't go to TNA.

Christian isn't really a "top" star and what else has he ever done outside of the wrestling business? I do like Christian but honestly what other offers could he possibly have?

I really doubt it's Kane. He's recently stated he has a couple years left in him and although he is big on politics I can't see any reason why a current champion would want to leave with the spotlight right on them. I also don't think WWE would keep the belt on anyone they suspect of leaving at any given moment.

The popular picks seem to be Edge (he would do movies and maybe something music related), Undertaker and Rey Mysterio (both are self-explanatory). All of these would make sense but I offer one wild (and perhaps unlikely) scenario.

Someone mentioned John Cena, maybe even as a joke but when you think about it is it really that far fetched? Who can say they predicted The Rock would leave for movies permanently when he did? Who is to say John Cena is any different? Sure he is Vince's golden boy but if he wants to make movies right now why shouldn't he? He has accomplished everything there is to accomplish in the WWE already the same way The Rock had done when he chose to leave. I am in no way suggesting these two men share similar careers because they are completely different people but they do share the Hollywood effect and I could honestly see Cena going that route sooner than we all think even if it isn't right now.

Realistically I think it will probably end up being Big Show. He has done movies in the past and has one upcoming title. He hasn't really been used all that well recently as he's being turned into some watered down jolly green giant. Most of all he's not someone that would be deeply missed by most fans and has no reason to go to TNA....well, actually, I could think of one big one: He could be the first (and probably only) man to ever hold the WWE, WCW, ECW & TNA championships, but that is for another thread. :icon_wink:

If I had to choose, i would say either Edge, or Kane.

Edge because he has been with the company for a very long time, and has other interests outside of wrestling (music for example)

And Kane because he has always been into politics, and I'm sure he would love to do something like that.

its gana be kane for sure i know his the champion but i have a feeling its kane he recently made a comment regarding his side job when he dont wrestle

Wow. its hard to say.

Taker- I dont see how this would be a surprise. unless taker flat out said it.

Mysterio- a small surprise but not too big of one.. i mean he's hardly wrestled a match in while right? and del rio could be the next mexican character for the show.

Hardy- we all know where he is going after he is released right? i dont see how he is a top star anyway.

Christian- i doubt it. not a top star anyway

Edge- damn do i hope not.. Raw has buried him and jericho enough.. Bring him back to smackdown.. give him his tuesday night schedule back and throw the world title back on him. Raw is not for him or jericho anymore. Its orton and cena playground.

Cena- I would actually like for it to be him. Not because i hate him. but because this guy has done alot for the company.. and he treated like crap. we all know we treat him like crap. I hate his character with a passion. But looking at him as a normal guy like me he has helped alot for that company and can hardly remember him having anytime off.. And for awhile he hasn't seemed to energetic and emotional and doing his "solutes". He needs some break time.. but i dont think retirement.

Kane- This guy should retire for the fact that he hasn't had a steady place in the wwe in awhile.. I bet he still feels outta place in the main event for the WHC. even though the title seems to hardly be in the picture between him and taker.

HHH- i doubt its him. i feel they would just leave him off tv for good if he were to retire and continue selling the "sheamus ended hhh's career" thing they got going on. I dont see wwe bringing him back just to say "hey im retireing". If he were to retire, it wouldn't only surprsie me if he did come back.

Its funny but im going with Cena for first choice. (bearing that undertaker is also absent from this.. right now i dont think he counts as most ppl feel he will retire at mania) second choice being Kane(he cant suck at politics as much as wrestling, he seems to know what he is doing). third being edge.

Cena and kane also seem to be the two guys i see who can have other avenues to explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back