Of mice and Men

HBK-aholic

Shawn Michaels ❤
Anyone read it? Have to for my English Lit exam, but I don't think I can face it after being bored by the first chapter.

If Brian loves it, you know the rest of us think its shit. :lmao: (kidding, Brian)

I had to read it in High School....let me rephrase that I was suppose to read it in High School, I think I just started skipping past chapters and only red about half of it, then I watched the movie..which is a bit different

I wouldn't suggest doing what I did, as I recall my grades for the test/report on it wasn't very good...I passed but not by much, LOL

I had to read it in High School....let me rephrase that I was suppose to read it in High School, I think I just started skipping past chapters and only red about half of it, then I watched the movie..which is a bit different

I wouldn't suggest doing what I did, as I recall my grades for the test/report on it wasn't very good...I passed but not by much, LOL

Wait, there's a movie?!
I'll be right back...
*Goes to rental store*

I once remember reading War of the World's.. & I stopped half way through, somehow I f'ed up & tried copying it off Independence Day.. hahahaha

I got a B+ outta the deal for best assumed answers, but the ending was where I screwed up on..

Now onto this, the movie is different from the actual book. They take out majors parts.

Is any movie actually even remotely as good as its book counterpart? I don't think any movie could be "as" good, because a book holds so much more content & information, that you simply can not fit into a 2-3 hour movie.

damn straight. If the Jurassic park movie wouldve been like the book, it wouldve been 6 hours long and the unsurpassably greatest movie of all time lol

Yeah I have never seen a movie that was as good as reading the book. I read Pet Semetary(Sp) before and it was frightening, then watching the movie, it was a borefest.

Is any movie actually even remotely as good as its book counterpart? I don't think any movie could be "as" good, because a book holds so much more content & information, that you simply can not fit into a 2-3 hour movie.

well I think the better question here would be is any movie follow the book and give as much detail as the book

I'm sure there have been times where I have preferred the movie over a book before

damn straight. If the Jurassic park movie wouldve been like the book, it wouldve been 6 hours long and the unsurpassably greatest movie of all time lol

I loved the Jurassic Park movies.. except the 3rd one. I feel they were stupid with the 3rd one, & the remake of what the Rapors looked like was just ******ed.

**(spoiler for those who haven't read it)**
Although, I was shocked to hear about Alan Grant dying in the first book. That just blew my mind.

well I think the better question here would be is any movie follow the book and give as much detail as the book

I'm sure there have been times where I have preferred the movie over a book before

Oh, don't misunderstand me.. I love movies. And I don't think I could engulf myself in a book like I can a movie, because if I can't get "into" the book, then I easily forget everything I read the second I flip the page.

Thats what I hate the most about reading novels, because I hate forgetting everything if I can't get into the book.. & a lot of times, it takes about the first 20-50 pages to get into anything, which usually means (for me, anyways) I forget the beginning of how everything laid out.

I loved the Jurassic Park movies.. except the 3rd one. I feel they were stupid with the 3rd one, & the remake of what the Rapors looked like was just ******ed.

**(spoiler for those who haven't read it)**
Although, I was shocked to hear about Alan Grant dying in the first book. That just blew my mind.

and DUDE the whole like 100 pages when they are floating down that river??? fuckin insane out of control badass!!! lol...

and yea the 3rd one seemed really rushed and short, and just for money. I liked it becuase of the spinosaurus though. that thing was fuckin gangsta.

and yea the 3rd one seemed really rushed and short, and just for money. I liked it becuase of the spinosaurus though. that thing was fuckin gangsta.

I agree that the 3rd movie seemed rushed. I heard they're making a 4th, not sure if its true.

I loved the pterodactyls.. (what is with the spelling of that too?!) & the Spinosaurus was awesome, although I hate thinking anything could be badder than the T-Rex. I just really was turned off by the whole movie being surrounded by talking to Rapors.. & the way they looked. They looked so cartoonish & stupid.

I loved "The Lost World" especially because of how involved the Rapors were during the field scene..

And I never actually read any of the JP books.

I have only seen the first Jurassic Park. Nothing usually tops the first one. thats why i wasnt wasting my time with the other ones

Oh yeah! I read this book when I was 10 at home. Great book, and I usually hate John Steinbeck's books (read his book The Pearl, you'll see why I'm saying that). I recommend that you read it. Better for you, better for your grade.

I wish I was reading Mice of Men in my class though. We're reading The Scarlet Letter- and isn't that just an incredibly hard book to understand!

Flames Out
Dragon

Oh yeah! I read this book when I was 10 at home. Great book, and I usually hate John Steinbeck's books (read his book The Pearl, you'll see why I'm saying that). I recommend that you read it. Better for you, better for your grade.

I wish I was reading Mice of Men in my class though. We're reading The Scarlet Letter- and isn't that just an incredibly hard book to understand!

Flames Out
Dragon

I dont remember that book. It just doesn't ring a bell.

I have only seen the first Jurassic Park. Nothing usually tops the first one. thats why i wasnt wasting my time with the other ones

I would say the 2nd one is pretty good, the first one was awesome & untoppable.. but the 2nd was great as well, with a lot MORE action. Whatever you do, skip the 3rd.. just awful & it'll make you hate the whole series.

But yeah, the 2nd (Lost World) is a great movie & possibly one of few I'd say tops the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back