Who Wins This Match?

• Ric Flair

• Road Dogg

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The following contest is a first round match in the New York Region.

This match takes place in the Pepsi Centre in Denver, Colorado.

275-Denver_Pepsi_Center_2527.jpg

#1 Ric Flair

Ric-Flair.jpg

Vs.

#32 Road Dogg

11.jpg

This contest is one fall with a 20 minute time limit. The match will take place in a 16 x 16 ring with no ramp leading to it. Any traditional managers for either competitor will be allowed at ringside.

As for voting, vote for who you think would win this match based on the criteria you choose. Some suggestions would be (not limited to): in ring ability, overall skill, their level of influence at the highest point in their career, ability to connect with the crowd, experience in major matches or simply personal preference etc.

The most votes in the voting period wins and in the case of a tie, the most written votes wins. There is one written vote per user, meaning if a poster make ten posts saying Bret should win that will count as a single vote. In the event of a second tie, both men are ELIMINATED, no questions asked. Only winners advance.

Voting is open for four days and all posts must be non-spam.​

This one couldn't be any easier.

Look at this from every perspective and it's all Ric Flair. On the microphone, James was good but come on, he can't combat with "The Nature Boy". Ric Flair is a sixteen time World Champion. He made the NWA. He made WCW. He is one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all-time and always will be.

His matches with Steamboat, Rhodes, Funk and even up to as lately as Shawn Michaels are all some of the best.

My vote goes firmly, to "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! GOD!

Why? Anyone with common sense will vote on "The Nature Boy" over a guy who had a stint with DX.

Basically being the dirtiest player in the game gives you an easy pass...

My Vote: Ric Flair

Woooooooo!

Just a few things to add for Ric Flair:

All Star Pro Wrestling
NWA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)

All Japan Pro Wrestling

Central States Wrestling

Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling / Jim Crockett Promotions / World Championship Wrestling
NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship (3 times)
NWA Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Rip Hawk (1), Greg Valentine (1) and Big John Studd (1)
NWA Mid-Atlantic Television Championship (1 time)
NWA Television Championship (1 time)
NWA United States Heavyweight Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (5 times)
NWA World Heavyweight Championship (7 times)
NWA World Tag Team Championship (Mid-Atlantic version) (3 times) – with Greg Valentine (2) and Blackjack Mulligan (1)
WCW International World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
WCW United States Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
WCW World Heavyweight Championship (8 times)

National Wrestling Alliance
NWA Hall of Fame (Class of 2008)

Pro Wrestling Illustrated
PWI ranked him #2 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the PWI Years in 2003
PWI ranked him #3 of the top 500 singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 1991, 1992, and 1994
Feud of the Year (1987) Four Horsemen vs. Super Powers and Road Warriors
Feud of the Year (1988, 1990) vs. Lex Luger
Feud of the Year (1989) vs. Terry Funk
Match of the Year (1983) vs. Harley Race (June 10)
Match of the Year (1984) vs. Kerry Von Erich at Parade of Champions
Match of the Year (1986) vs. Dusty Rhodes at The Great American Bash in a steel cage match
Match of the Year (1989) vs. Ricky Steamboat at WrestleWar
Match of the Year (2008) vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXIV
Match of the Decade (2000–2009) vs. Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXIV
Most Hated Wrestler of the Year (1978, 1987)
Most Inspirational Wrestler of the Year (2008)
Rookie of the Year (1975)
Stanley Weston Award (2008)
Wrestler of the Year (1981, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1989, 1992)

Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame and Museum
Class of 2006

Pro Wrestling Report
Match of the Year (2008) vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 24
Most Memorable Moment - retirement

St. Louis Wrestling Club
NWA Missouri Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
St. Louis Wrestling Hall of Fame
Class of 2007

World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
WWF Championship (2 times)
World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Batista (2) and Roddy Piper (1)
WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
Royal Rumble (1992)
WWE Hall of Fame (Class of 2008)
Thirteenth Triple Crown Champion
Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2008) vs. Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania XXIV

Wrestling Observer Newsletter
Best Heel (1990)
Best Interviews (1991, 1992, 1994)
Feud of the Year (1989) vs. Terry Funk
Match of the Year (1983) vs. Harley Race in a steel cage match at Starrcade
Match of the Year (1986) vs. Barry Windham at Battle of the Belts II on February 14
Match of the Year (1988) vs. Sting at Clash of the Champions I
Match of the Year (1989) vs. Ricky Steamboat at WrestleWar
Most Charismatic (1980, 1982–1984, 1993)
Most Outstanding (1986, 1987, 1989)
Readers' Favorite Wrestler (1984–1993, 1996)
Wrestler of the Year (1982–1986, 1989, 1990, 1992)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter Hall of Fame (Class of 1996)

Road Dogg:
Former member of Degeneration-X

Ric Flair by classic chops and figure four leg lock submission.

I love Road Dogg, really I do, but there's not much of a case for him here. On the one hand, you have one of the most decorated wrestlers ever and a man that carried not just a company but the entire non-McMahon wrestling world on his back for several years. On the other, you have a guy who was excellent on the mic, but nothing special in the ring, and who spent most of his best years in one tag team or another. I only remember him ever having one main event match, for the WWF title on Raw against The Rock, and it was a match he never looked close to winning. Flair advances here.

Oh You Didn't Know

*der der der ner*

Road Dogg's Ass Better Call SOMEBOOOOODAAAAY!!!!

Love RD, big fan, but there is no way he beats Flair here. RD's best chance would be having the help of DX, but guess what? Flair has the Horsemen. Flair is a legend of the business and while I'm not a fan of him, he really had a huge impact on the business. Flair has stamina, strength, ability, pretty much everything needed to survive in the wrestling ring. No other choice but to vote for the Nature Boy.

No chance. Ric Flair has been considered by many to be the Greatest Pro Wrestler of All Time. I'm sorry but even though the WZ Tournament is known for making wonders and turning underdogs into competition RD can't make it out of this round. He's neever been more then a brawler tag team wrestler that managed once in a while to slip his way into midcard.

So this is the Wrestlezone tournament equivalent of a squash match here. Thanks for coming Mr. Armstrong, we'll see you next year (or hopefully not). It saddens me when guys like Road Dogg and Eric Young make the cut in the tournament, these are spots that could have gone to some much better names from the old school and indy/international scenes. Oh well.

Despite how much I liked the New Age Outlaws, there is just no scenario in which Flair loses this match here, none. It's just not happening. Flair has lost more World titles than Armstrong ever sniffed at.

I like the Road Dogg a lot, always been a huge fan, but there is no chance in hell he wins or even comes close to winning. Flair is a legend of the sport, and while I am no fan, I do respect everything he has accomplished in the business. Flair has had more success in this last decade of his career then Road Dogg had in his entire career, and stayed more relevant. Flair would just be way to much for RD.

I'm not a fan of the New Age Outlaws. Nor am I a fan of Road Dogg. Now, he's a third generation star with his Dad Bullet Bob Armstrong and his dad before that. And the Bullet would tell James before he went into the squared circle with Flair, "Son... don't get your leg broken."

Flair is in a class of his own and is the greatest wrestler in my generation. This match should be set in the old Turner Studios in Atlanta with Schiavone and David Crockett on commentary... because it'll be a classic Flair squash with Flair talking about his next opponent and where he's flying his jet next.

Nature Boy in a squash of glorious proportions. Woooooooooooo.

Well I'm glad I didn't have to put in any effort for this one.

I'll show Road Dogg some respect however as he was one of my favorite wrestlers growing up. Roadie had a lot of success as a tag wrestler with Gunn, but that's pretty much where it stops. I mean, he did hold the Intercontinental Title for all of 2 weeks, but that's hardly enough to say he could even lace the boots of a legend like Flair. He wasn't a horrible wrestler, not the most unpopular guy either, but unfortunately for B.G., Ric Flair is the man.

Road Dogg would not have a hope in hell of toppling one of the gods of wrestling in Ric Flair, not a chance.

The only thing Dogg has that could even be classed in a similar league to Naitch is his ability to talk, but even then Flair's creativity takes him to a level far above Road Dogg and his excellent NAO introductions.

I always liked the Outlaws, but this is Ric Fuckin' Flair

Easy win for Naitch here with the Figure Four..... (btw did Road Dogg even have a finisher? I know he used the pumphandle drop for a bit?)

He hasn't won many matches with this move over the last 5-10 years, but Ric Flair definitely wins this one with The Figure Four Leg Lock.

Road Dogg was entertaining, and had moments in his career where he was pretty over. But I wouldn't consider any push he ever received as big enough to ever beat Ric Flair. The promos the night of this match would probably be good. But, the match itself would end up being short.

Road Dogg would use his crowd friendly moves and would eventually make a mistake that would hurt his leg or knee and "The Nature Boy" would successfully lock in the Figure Four and get an easy win.

This one is almost as bad as the Undertaker vs Bob Holly. Road Dogg was only ever decent when he tagged with Billy Gunn. On his own he was below average.

Flair makes Road Dogg tap.

Come on guys, this is Ric Flair we are talking about. A self-professed wrestling god, one of the best in history, versus Jeff Jarrett's roadie. I cannot imagine how this is not unanimous. This one is over quickly and easily with a figure four in the middle of the ring. And Road Dogg Is left singing the blues.

Ric Flair by figure-four

Road Dogg hasn't got a chance against the dirtiest player in the game. D-X was great and all but besides that what has this man done? Nothing that's what. End of story
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:worship:

This is yet another squash here in the first round w/ Flair using a series of chops, suplexes, and questionable attacks(i.e.,chop blocks) to attack the lower body of RD enroute to slapping the figure four on Jesse James and forcing him to tap after about 8 minutes of action. This is Ric Flair, 16 time WHC. probably an odds on favorite to make the finals here, and one of the greatest of all time. No way in hell he loses here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back