NXT talent moving to the main roster

MR K

Occasional Pre-Show
I haven't watched mutch of NXT, I do however know of a few of the talents that are down in Florida.

I think most people have heard great things about NXT and the Takeover events get terrfic reviews.

However I am wondering where do these Talents fit in on the current main roster? Guys like Zayn, Neville, The Acsension, Finn Balor and even though he hasn't debuted yet Kevin Owens. Apart from the man formaly known as Steen I don't see a main eventer, and I even think Steen will struggle because his charachter in the indies will be neutered to fit the "WWE style" and PG TV. Will these guys end up mid-card nobodies?

Well I know you said you haven't watched much NXT, but most of these guys will fit in quite easily I would think.

I was just at a live event a few days ago and got to meet Finn Balor before his match, and color me impressed! I'd been watching his stuff online for a few years, but getting to watch ringside you really see how refined his work is. He was laying in kicks that were within an inch of making contact that just looked awesome, plus he making dives out of the ring for a crowd of maybe 100 people at a non-televised show. If he doesn't kill himself in the process he could be reach Jeff Hardy level 2009 popularity, with the cool entrances and high flying offense, plus he's a better technical wrestler than Jeff.

As for the others, Ascension could easily enter the tag division and dominate immediately. To me they are like a modern era Road Warriors, just two huge tank size badasses, that the crowd is behind, even though they're technically heels, because they're just that cool. They are ready right now.

Zayn and Neville, nothing to even say really because everyone is already high on them both. Zayn is a little on the small side, but his move set is so exciting, he'll be putting on 5 star matches with Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro, etc. in no time. Zayn could be the same deal as long as they keep his character serious, he could be the next most over baby face in the company since Bryan.

I'll agree with the nice person above me on basically everything. I think the new NXT guys can fit in just fine on the main roster. I can't wait to see where it takes them. Been watching NXT every week for the past few months and I am hooked. They do fine there, and even when there is doubt(Which isn't very often) I get proven wrong. Good matches, and very talented people.

I really hope you're right because there is tons of talent there, I just worry when I look at Cesaro recently, such a waste of a guy with his talent.

On a seperate note I have just heard that Kevin Steen is debuing on the next Takeover event in December, I am excited to see what he can do in a WWE ring and how much his character will have to change for PG TV. Hopefully he can keep some of the edge he had in the indies.

You have to remember that WWE is trying to sell their network. NXT and it's stars are pretty much an exclusive internet property. It is very possible that WWE is just using talents like Steen, Kenta, Balor, Neville, and Zayn for their international and Indy credibility. Putting them on Raw or SD is sort of giving them away for free. Keeping them on NXT gets people that may not be in to the WWE product (Indy marks and international fans) a reason to spend money on the WWE Network as it is their most convenient way to see the guys they love.

I know this sounds cynical, and I don't doubt the success guys like Steen and Balor (I struggle to see Zayn, Kenta, The Ascension, or Neville being very successful) could have on the main roster. I also haven't forgotten the successes of Punk and DB, but are we really safe to assume that Vince and HHH's motivations in all this are to bring these guys up and give them a shot?

I think the OP shares my cynicism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back