NXT Head Writer Heading To SmackDown

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, NXT head writer Ryan Ward will be brought to the writing team for the blue brand. Ward has written every NXT episode and TakeOver special since FCW was relaunched as NXT.

The report doesn't say that he'll be lead writer for SmackDown, which probably means that he obviously won't have the same sort of stroke that he's had in NXT. Ward and Triple H have both gotten lots of praise over the past few years for the NXT product so it's no surprise that he's being moved to the blue brand.

While Ward has a good deal of talent as a writer, it's a different ballgame as Steven Guerrieri is the head writer of SmackDown and Vince McMahon is the final creative decision maker for the entire main roster, so this probably won't be some sort of game changer in terms of bettering the overall product.

This is actually exciting. I agree with your skepticism, but I'm approaching this with some degree of optimism. It seems there's a great deal of excitement whenever an NXT favorite gets the main roster promotion, and rightfully so. I'm glad for Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens, but it doesn't fix the big picture of WWE's problem, which in my opinion, is 99% the fault of the creative team.

Ten Sami Zayns won't fix Smackdown. One great writer could. My fingers are crossed for Ryan Ward's impact.

I hope he does well also. You never know some new blood could really liven the place up. It's not like he's coming in from another company really as NXT is is part of the WWE. Don't expect things to change overnight or even in a few weeks, but give the guy some time and hopefully he'll help manage to turn the show around to one that everyone wants to watch.

All creative members have to answer to Vince, so it doesn't matter who's on the creative team.

In this case it might just matter. This guy worked for NXT and look how well they're doing. He also has the backing of HHH most likely, and that's the best person to have in your corner if you need one.

I think the days of Vince running the place are coming to an end anyway. While he still looks good, he doesn't have the same muster he used to have. The guy is 70 years old, and he's spent almost his entire life getting the WWE to where it is today. But all good things come to an end, and it's time for Vince to sit back, let other capable people handle it while he's still young enough to jump in if it goes pear shaped.

When you put so much work into something, you want the ones coming behind you to keep it going. If he's dead and buried he can't help out obviously. Let HHH or Shane take over, bring in the people (in this case writers) who have proven they can do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back