Not one of those bullshit "I quit and am never coming back" threads...

Davi323

semi-retired from WZ
I am mostly retiring, I guess. I find that I have far less time for Wrestlezone than I have had in the past. Other things in my life have taken over most of my free time (re: job + the most amazing woman I have ever known/probable future Mrs. Davi323), and I find myself losing interest in what brought me here in the first place, wrestling.

I am not completely going to disappear though, I will still check in occasionally, still post once in a while about subjects that interest me, but it will be nowhere near the rate I once did (10 second applause break). I think the clincher that it's time to take a break is the fact that KB, Sly and myself are in total agreement about something (Cabrera for MVP), and I need to take some time to contemplate what that could possibly mean. It's probably a sign of the pending apocalypse or something.

pikachu.jpg

I'm not happy about this. Davi was one of my older brethren on Wrestlezone.

Tis a sad day today.

Well, if something happens and I break up with my woman, I will be back with a vengeance, LOL

Like I said, I am still going to be here, kinda/sorta. I just am not going to be posting 50+ times a week like I had in times past, going to be more passive overall, as I don't have time to construct the lengthy, obtuse (yet semi-intelligent) arguments I am known for. Not quite lurking, but not quite regularly, either. The part that is going to kill me is deliberately not posting in the GSD's political threads anymore. I was recently diagnosed as being hypertensive (fuck, my BP was 210/137 at one point, I was a heart attack waiting to happen) so, I really need to not comment in those threads, I get too fucking worked up, lol. Elections are fucking bad for my health, man!

I love you guys, which is why I cannot, and will not, simply quit. No ridiculous "Will the Admins please delete my account, fuck you all, I quit!!!!" bullshit. I hate those fucks as much as everyone else does. Annoying pricks.

D-Man, I may not be going to the bar every night anymore, but that doesn't mean I gave up drinking, :D

I hope you stick around, dude.... Real life does need to come first though.

I am going to test your resolve not to post in political threads but I do genuinely hope it doesn't kill you.

I can bullshit and argue in something like the Cabrera/MVP thread because ultimately, its meaningless. Nothing in my life will change no matter who wins. When it comes to politics, where who wins and loses can have a profound impact, that is the stuff that stresses me out some. Not that I take it too personally here, its still just bullshitting on a wrestling news site, but I can't claim that there isn't at least some level of actual emotion that goes into it. It is different somehow, in a way that I need to step back from for a while. I hate having to do it, but its probably in my best interests to do so. Sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back