• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

No Way Out 2009: E.C.W. Championship: Jack Swagger (c) v. Finlay:

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
E.C.W. Championship: Jack Swagger (c) v. Finlay:

It's just came to me that noone has created this thread yet, and the match has been announced since Tuesday night. Jack Swagger is apparently no longer undefeated, and that all came to an end in what I consider a bad move, on Tuesday night, in a non-title match against Finlay.

As a result, a Championship match was made for No Way Out, in which Swagger and Finlay will once again go at it. I can't say this is how I would've pushed the Finlay/Swagger encounter. This is either going to be a one-off and end completely at the Pay per view, or it's going to continue through to a possible Belfast Brawl at WrestleMania.

I seriously believe they're building to a Boogeyman/Swagger Mania showdown. Stupid, fuck yes.. but Finlay doesn't seem to get the crowd response Boogey gets, so I guess it's understandable.

Swagger should go over fairly easily in this match, I can't see Finlay doing anything of note here. I'm still holding out for Hornswoggle to either turn on Finlay, or end up being turned on BY Finlay.

What are everyone's thoughts and opinions on this match up? Please explain your opinions and be sure to add detail. Thank You.

This match is a filler and just another match where Swagger can be put over on PPV and there's not a thing wrong with that. This is what Finlay is on ECW for: to make the young up and comers, of which Swagger is the king, look good. Finlay can put on a good match with just about anyone and Swagger is no exception. This gives Swagger more credibility with the title as he'll beat someone else and add that to his resume. It'll be a decent 10-12 minute match with Horny interfering and doing nothing, but in the end Swagger lands the powerbomb and wins again.

Wait, WHAT THE FUCK??? HE LOST?? WHAT THE FUUUUUUCK?!?!?!

bah. Well KB nailed it. I preditc this thread gets the least amount of posts on any of them, becuase there isnt a whole lot to say at all. They had a pretty damn good match about a month ago, and I see the same coming here, this will be a pretty high quality match, but nothing unpredictable. Swagger goes over, in a hard fought contest. Stupid they shut down his undefeated streak just for a one off at NWO, it was an entirely unecessary part of this.

This would most likely open the pay-per view. Finlay can put on a great match with anybody and Swagger would be more credible after beating him. Should be a nice 10-15 minutes with Swagger getting the win after failed attempts by Hornswoggle to get the victory for Finlay. I would bet that Finlay will turn on Hornswoggle after the match but I'm saving that for a later date.

This match can be good, it could very well be a good match. As people have said it will be the opener and will likely have a good 8-14 minute length. Swagger will come on top after a powerbomb or something. Finlay is meant to put over people so this is good for Swagger.

I cannot believe that Swagger lost his first match so quickly tho. I mean after WM would be good because it just gives him that more confidence and also puts fans on the tippy toes saying that he actually might beeat so and so. Anyways Swagger by pinfall after a powerbomb at the 11 minute mark.

In all honestly, I thought the first single match he'd lose would be against Dreamer... since he has this whole, "i'll win the ECW title or retire" thing. Remember, Matt Hardy pinned his shoulders to the mat a few weeks before the Royal Rumble in a tag match on Smackdown!

I think Hornswoggle will turn on Finlay sometime, but no clue when.

He can say he's agitated or whatever, cause I'd be upset if I found out my father was Finlay instead of Vince McMahon.

This should be a fairly good match between two of the midcard's best. Finlay is at 50 still one of the hardest working guys in the business, and he can go out there and wrestle a great match. I doubt he'll win the title, but it would be awesome if he did - he deserves a belt one last time. But in all likelihood, Swagger will retain and head into WrestleMania for whatever they decide to do - in all hope, Bourne vs Swagger, which could be an incredible match.

Finlay and Swagger will put on a great contest, hopefully given more time than the TV match, and the angle will probably end there. It's a bit odd they decided to cut off the streak - could have just made a title match after the belt theft incident, then done something like Swagger/Henry vs Finlay/Whoever and let Finlay get the pin, so he looks strong but Swagger can make the dubious claim to undefeatedness. But oh well, Swagger is still a badass and has quietly snuck his way to the top of the midcard. Looking for a Swagger retain in all likelihood, with a secret hope for a Finlay victory.

I can't even begin to state how apathetic I am towards this match. The build has been crap since day 1, there's no intensity or anything. It's just the writers going through the motions, and seeing how Finlay is the only credible face on the brand, he has to get the shot. I like Swagger, but Final just bores me and I find him very overrated. This match could be okay, but I just don't care about it. It'll be forgotten by Monday morning.

I think that's the point. It's not supposed to be an epic title match. This match is meant to put another win on Swagger's resume, and that's exactly what it'll do. Finlay is in his 50s and isn't going to be around much longer. He's a veteran that can help Swagger become a big star and this match is designed to do it. The big match for Swagger will come soon enough, but for now Finlay is here to make Swagger look good, and that's what he'll do.

People wanted it and they got it. Jack Swagger won the ECW title, and the bitching still continues. Seriously, who else was he supposed to face here? Finlay was the only viable option to face Swagger at No Way Out. If Finlay wins, then we can riot. But it should be a decent bout. I wasn't too impressed with their match from ECW this past week, but they put on a good match a few weeks prior to that so hopefully this one is a good match. I think this is just a way to get the ECW Champion looking strong going into Wrestlemania.

Swagger needs to win cleanly here. If he doesn't, well then we have a problem on our hands. Because that either means that a rematch will take place at Wrestlemania, or it will make Swagger weak because he can't even beat a 50 year old man. Yes, I know Finlay has credibility, but his role on ECW is to put over the younger talent, not win the spotlight and defeat these younger guys who are arguably the future of the company. Swagger's undefeated streak ending wasn't what I expected, but it makes Finlay looks like he can actually win the title here.

Hopefully this is a decent 11 minute match where Hornswoggle interferes once again, but Swagger pushes little Horny out the way and hits his finisher on Finlay for the victory. There's not much I can say about this match, other than I hope it's not treated as a filler come No Way Out. Also, I hope Swagger gets more heel heat here by hurting Hornswoggle, it needs to happen.

All the bitching is worthless, ECW isn't anything to actually watch anyway. Never the less, I wouldn't be surprised if Swagger drops the belt just so he can be in the MITB match at mania.

Although it makes no sense for him to lose to Finlay, and if he was in the Money in the Bank he'd be the obvious favorite so I'm probably just thinking like a goof now. It wouldn't surprise me though, he'll be out of ECW when the draft happens.

well, this is not ecw, this is tuesday night heat or velocity. there is nothing extreme about this show besides the crap they put on tv. I like both guys in the match. I think if swagger works on his lisp, he could be great. I could see a brock lesnar like push for him although he is not the monster brock was and still is. if they build him right, knowing the wwf, they will fuck it up somehow, he could be great. I like finlay, and i tolerate hornswaggle. the match will be good, but it wont matter. swagger retains as finlay is still being used to make the younger guys look good, since he is 50ish.

Jack swagger will retain the belt as hes only held it for a month and will face Christian either on ECW or at WM25

Id like to c a triple threat belfast brawl
Jack Swagger vs finlay vs Christian

Swagger over Finlay: Swagger lost the last two weeks. There is no way he loses here especially with Swagger working with Christian soon. By the way, I absolutely demand Christian do commentary with Grisham and Striker. If he doesn't do that, then I want him to deliver a promo on the PPV ala Backlash 2005.

So I'm strongly believing Finlay will be turning heel and jumping to Raw very shortly. Hornswoggle has now come into play with costing Finlay major Championship matches on more than one occasion, and tonight he was blatantly on the apron, distracting Finlay, which did cost him directly after.

I can only hope for Finlay taking his son out on E.C.W. in the coming weeks. Then possibly get a child-services storyline coming into play, and removing the innocent, endangered little munchkin from our eyes.. All the while, giving Finlay new heel life, to go form a Tag Team with William Regal on Raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back