• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Night Of Champions 2015 - Dean Ambrose, Roman Reigns & ? VS The Wyatt Family

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
WWE has officially announced that Reigns & Ambrose will team with an as yet to be identified "mystery partner" to take on The Wyatt Family at Night of Champions.

To me, it seems a little too soon to go this route as I'd have gone with a tag match with Harper & Strowman taking on Ambrose & Reigns before going six man already. I was thinking they'd milk it a bit more with Ambrose & Reigns simply just not being able to do much due to the numbers advantage and Strowman's overwhelming strength before going the route of a six man tag match.

I've not read any rumours of who the partner will be, but I'm definitely in favour of an NXT call up. Teaming with Reigns and Ambrose would be a great way to give them the rub so long as they don't overshadow them.

That said, if a new face is introduced then they should win. At the same time should the Wyatt clan lose two consecutive PPV matches when they've only recently introduced a new member.

I've heard of three wrestler's who have been rumoured to partner with them. Won't tell the names though, as they are spoilers.

Agree with JH though. Wish they wouldn't go this route already. If the right person debuts with Reigns and Ambrose, then it might will take away from Stowman's thunder as an unstoppable force. Harper and Stowman can take care of Reigns and Ambrose, easily. The size difference between the four is amazing. Reigns is big, but Harger and Stowman are so much more.

Wyatt should stay out of this for the time being and just direct traffic from the outside. Only when they bring someone in to help the former Shield members he should get involved.

Don't see Reigns and Ambrose walking out of NOC winners.

How is it a spoiler if you've heard 3 different names? One of them could be... but it could equally be fan art or WWE testing the reactions by leaking images, or it could be none of them. It's speculation at this stage.

The guy on one of the photos is logical, he's another big guy, would be a debut and had his own monster push a little while ago... he also teamed with a main roster star recently and kinda dresses a little like Ambrose already...

Personally, I hope it's Joe... I think there is more mileage in he and Roman being Samoan but "not family" and a potential feud there in a few months time.

I'm a man who wears fancy clothes and likes to make insanely unlikely predictions, so hopefully my dress sense will offset my lunacy.

Seth Rollins is pulling double duty on that night, something Daniel Bryan already made believable. What if the WWE wants to really turn the tide of crowd appeal in regard to Seth Rollins and in doing so make him pull triple duty?

I know, I know. It's ridiculous because of reasons A through double Z, but fuck it. The timing might not be right on a Shield reunion, especially if they want Strowman to remain an unstoppable force in our minds, but it would still be the most awesome possibility for this match.

I can see it being more likely that Samoa Joe will get called up, based on the whole Samoan pride thing. It would be a great "OOOHHH!!" moment for the crowd.

I can see it being more likely that Samoa Joe will get called up, based on the whole Samoan pride thing. It would be a great "OOOHHH!!" moment for the crowd.
No; it would be a great "OOH! AAH! OOH! AAH!" moment for the crowd.

But yeah, he does seem like the most likely option. While I would also like that recent 'spoiler' to be true, it does seem a bit fake.

My prediction is it will be someone from NXT, and they'll ultimately turn on Reigns and Ambrose and join the Wyatts. Then when Rowan comes back the Wyatt family will be 5 members strong and can be the top heel group in a Survivor Series co- Main Event 5 on 5 match.

Best case scenario (and I'm not sure out Jey Uso's health status in the coming months) is a traditional Survivor Series match to finish the feud with the Wyatts going against Reigns, Ambrose, Samoa Joe, and the Usos in a Family vs. Family match.

I've heard a rumor/theory about the third man and...the idea is laughable. If it's true, then yes, it's an NXT performer. But not one anybody would really want to see in that role. It also contradicts his nick-name and gimmick.

Hopefully it's not true.

If it's Erick Rowan as the surprise member, then I fully expect him to turn on Reigns and Ambrose during the match and rejoin the Wyatt Family. WWE would make it out to be an OMG moment, but the reality is that there isn't a spot on the roster (at least not in a meaningful role) for Rowan as a singles guy- he needs to be with the Wyatt's or a fear a release coming for him soon.

If it's not Rowan, and WWE go down the NXT call-up route, then I see Roman, Dean and their surprise partner walking out as winners.

Jimmy Uso or Rock would make decent choices due to family but I think Uso is being saved for his brothers return and Rock would overshadow Strowman.

An NXT call up could get lost in the shuffle of the feud if WWE is trying to protect Strowman, Reigns and Wyatt.

Daniel Bryan would be good to resolve issues with Wyatt family but I think it would be a bit too physical of a feud for someone with injury questions to return to.

Kane, Big Show or Mark Henry shouldn't be used just because their big because it would ruin the quality of match just for the sake of a staredown

Erick Rowan does not have the talent to be anything other than a guy in a stable so if WWE uses him it would have to be a Wyatt trick and then he would turn on them but I really wouldn't like to see him used

Best Option in my Opinion - No One
Let the Wyatt's dominate them in a 3 v 2 handicap and let Wyatt or Strowman get the pin on REIGNS. It would be a big moment and then you do the 3 v 3 inside a Hell In A Cell because the Shield v Wyatt feud needs to be settled in a big match, it should have been a tag team Elimination Chamber but I will accept it inside a Cell. Who they get as a partner for that I'm not sure but they need to be big physical and talented.

WWE has officially announced that Reigns & Ambrose will team with an as yet to be identified "mystery partner" to take on The Wyatt Family at Night of Champions.

To me, it seems a little too soon to go this route as I'd have gone with a tag match with Harper & Strowman taking on Ambrose & Reigns before going six man already. I was thinking they'd milk it a bit more with Ambrose & Reigns simply just not being able to do much due to the numbers advantage and Strowman's overwhelming strength before going the route of a six man tag match.

Yeah same here. TWF should get the win here since Ambrose and Reigns won at Summerslam. I just wonder will this mean the next PPV we could get Bray vs. Reigns in a HIAC at HIAC or do we have yet another rematch and the Bray vs. Reigns feud could stretch out as far as TLC since Survivor Series you could just put them all in a Survivor Series match.

In many ways, I'm a curious fellow. I'm curious toward many ideas and I inspire curiosity in those who witness whatever weekly fad I've invented.

Randy Orton was trounced by "The" Wyatt Family (as opposed to that "other" Wyatt Family), which leaves me curious about whether or not that was a clue toward who the third man is going to be in Reigns' and Ambroses' corner.

Randy has a reputation for being able to fit in pretty much wherever, so it's a lucky coincidence that the WWE intends to use him in random situations with almost no build. I'm thinking the spoiler pic was a ruse, it's especially suspicious considering that it appeared on their own website. Would they really need a graphic for the match?

I'm betting my fancy wardrobe on Randy Orton being the third man.

This is a little left field, but I'm guessing the third man is RVD. Not exactly a guy who has a reason to be in the match, but he would get a huge pop, and could take a loss without hurting the RVD character.

Or if WWE wants to give us a swerve, have all five confirmed names confront each other before the match starts. Bray Wyatt antagonizes Ambrose and Reigns, and in a moment of mercy, offers them a chance to forfeit to their betters. "Hell no," bites back Reigns, "we'll fight you in a handicap match.". It looks as if Reigns and Ambrose concede to going down swinging, but when Bray agrees, Ambrose and Reigns smile at each other. Randy Orton's music hits, and he's with Jimmy Uso and (insert name of whoever the Wyatts attack this week). Bray has been fooled into agreeing to a 5 on 3 handicap match.

Add Rowan and another new Wyatt on the build to Survivor Series.

I don't know about Daniel Bryan's health, but this would be a great time for him to return. He had his 'awesome' thing with Roman early this year and I can see him fitting right in with them. The cherry on top would be to see Daniel Bryan turning heel. It's long overdue and he genuinely have reasons to stay mad at the fans. He lost it all. I've seen heel turns for far to less and this could help The Wyatt Family in the long run, specially if they end up adding Rowan to the mix for a Survivor Series Classic.

Chris Jericho would be fun but it wouldn't really mean anything. Randy Orton was taken out, but he could return to start a feud with Wyatt (as it seems the next logical step). I sure as hell hope it isn't Kane.

Anyway, The Wyatts need to win this one. Ambrose and Reigns can take the loss, but WWE should do their best to protect both of them or to at least, create some friction for a future heel turn or the very least, a future rivalry also involving Seth Rollins.

It would indeed be awesome if Daniel Bryan was the third man. Much more
likely we will be disappointed with Kane.

I was hoping for a 3-on-2 handicap match with Reigns turning on Ambrose after they lose.

Though I definitely wouldn't mind Daniel Bryan returning and making it a Six-man tag team match. Or The Rock though that's unlikely.

If we get Kane, Randy Orton, or Big Show, I'd be disappointed.

Jimmy Uso or Rock would make decent choices due to family but I think Uso is being saved for his brothers return and Rock would overshadow Strowman.

An NXT call up could get lost in the shuffle of the feud if WWE is trying to protect Strowman, Reigns and Wyatt.

Daniel Bryan would be good to resolve issues with Wyatt family but I think it would be a bit too physical of a feud for someone with injury questions to return to.

Kane, Big Show or Mark Henry shouldn't be used just because their big because it would ruin the quality of match just for the sake of a staredown

Erick Rowan does not have the talent to be anything other than a guy in a stable so if WWE uses him it would have to be a Wyatt trick and then he would turn on them but I really wouldn't like to see him used

Best Option in my Opinion - No One
Let the Wyatt's dominate them in a 3 v 2 handicap and let Wyatt or Strowman get the pin on REIGNS. It would be a big moment and then you do the 3 v 3 inside a Hell In A Cell because the Shield v Wyatt feud needs to be settled in a big match, it should have been a tag team Elimination Chamber but I will accept it inside a Cell. Who they get as a partner for that I'm not sure but they need to be big physical and talented.

Well said.

I've been thinking the same. Thus far, the arguable 'best' options I have seen are guys who would not take the spotlight from Roman and Bray especially who are the major guys in this story.

Orton and Jimmy Uso were taken out, why not have Ambreigns say that they in fact, haven't gotten anyone and believe that they can get the job done themselves. Doing that will play up their brotherhood bond and drive home their heroic underdog status at NoC.

With HiaC to follow, it is also time for Roman to be brought back down to a Lone Wolf status, meaning that Ambrose should be taken out at NoC in some fashion, which would lead to Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt/Braun Strowman in a Hell in a Cell match.

Then Survivor Series, with Roman realising that the only chance he has of defeating the Wyatts is by getting even in the numbers game, he calls on his Samoan family, which can be the Rock/Samoa Joe/the Usos, etc, perhaps Ambrose returns by then also for a 4 on 4 Survivor Series match against the Wyatt family(Bray, Braun, Harper & Rowan).

All that said; I have to say this story is full of intrigue at this point. I just hope that the Wyatts come out of this looking stronger than they will go in, whilst Reigns and Ambrose also continue to grow as babyfaces in the eyes of the WWE Universe.

So, based on actions on Raw, it's pretty obviously Orton, right? Which makes this feud as boring as shit.

They have effectively turned Reigns into a midcarder from Main Eventing WrestleMania 6 months ago by trying to cater to smarks, sucked the heat from Ambrose, and squandered all of it on Tub O' Goo and his clan. It says something when your lackeys are infinitely more important than the leader of a stable, right? Imagine if literally no one had cared about HHH, but instead, only gave any concern at all about the NAO.

Basically, this is going to end with Reigns getting the clean pin on Strowman, because the WWE refuses to just do what's necessary, and give Reigns the solo top babyface OR heel position for a while, but they still want him to have the pins.

Left field. Rollins.cena v Rollins will happen first. Which he wins clean and gets a handshake from cena to start the night. 3rd man was going to be Orton but he gets taken out before the match. It starts off as a handicap but rollins runs down half way and turns it around. Win with the triple powerbomb. Goes on to beat sting clean before sheamus runs down to try and cash in. Start of the Rollins face turn

I'd love the third man to be Rollins. Just don't let it be Orton, Kane,
Big Show or Rowan.

It would be awesome if it was Seth but that is asking a lot, Seth fighting in 3 matches. I did hear about Kane being there tonight, I don't think Randy or Jimmy will be the mystery man. I hope it is not Erik so he can turn on Roman and Dean during the match. This would be a perfect way to start changing Seth into a face, but now to answer your question I think it will be Samoa Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back