NFL Playoffs Fantasy Game on ESPN

So, without further ado.. my team (which could be subject to change)

QBs: Eli Manning & Brett Favre (no particular order)
RBs: Ryan Grant & Laurence Maroney
WRs: Greg Jennings & Wes Welker
TE: Kevin Boss
K: Lawerence Tynes
DST: Green Bay Packers

So, time for my opinion on my team. Brett Favre & Ryan Grant pretty much carried me to a victory in the second week of our game. I expect nothing less than another huge outting once again.

Eli is pretty much all I can afford as a back-up, unless I go with Billy Volek, assuming Rivers won't play.. which is doubtfully gonna happen with as big of a match as it is.

Maroney had a nice game against the Jaqs, which surprised me considering NE wasn't really a running team at all this year. So I'm hoping they'll make something happen.. as my only other option would be Jacobs & I think GB will shut him down.

Welker & the entire NE air assault had a rough outting this past week, but I see that being a different story this week. Moss will almost always receive double & triple coverage, & was held to ONE CATCH last week. Welker always finds a way to sneak around the field.

Greg Jennings has emerged as one hell of a WR, & quite possibly is only going to continue having monster games. NY's D likes to give up passing yards, well, did.. & I'm hoping they don't double Jennings.

The kicker, Tynes, is pretty much all I can afford that isn't shit. I'm not going with SDs kicker as I really see NE's D holding, or SD going all or nothing for TDs.

Finally, GB's Defense will fair better against a possibly banged up NY offense, much better than the A.F.C. side of things.

SLEEPER OF THE WEEK: KEVIN F'N BOSS! Nah, I'm just shitting.. he's all I could afford, but you watch.. monster game, I'm calling it here. hahahaha I personally am putting all my money on him to carry my team this week. :lmao:

Also, what'd you mean Irish about your bolded part? Final chance to pick a team? This is the last week of our game? I thought the Superbowl was.

Yeah, the game goes on through the superbowl, but once your picks are locked for the Championship games, they are yours for the Superbowl as well. This is ESPN's way of adding "fun." The ones who have more Superbowl participants heading into this week will do better in the long run. That's why my team is nearly all Patriots and Packers.

If the Giants and Chargers make the Superbowl, I'm screwed. That's the fun part. But if the Pack and Pats make it, I'm in the drivers seat.

Yeah, the game goes on through the superbowl, but once your picks are locked for the Championship games, they are yours for the Superbowl as well. This is ESPN's way of adding "fun." The ones who have more Superbowl participants heading into this week will do better in the long run. That's why my team is nearly all Patriots and Packers.

If the Giants and Chargers make the Superbowl, I'm screwed. That's the fun part. But if the Pack and Pats make it, I'm in the drivers seat.

Well thats fucked! That means (assuming its a GB/NE match-up) I'd have 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs & a DST.. I suppose I could switch my TE over to NE's Kyle Brady, but meh.. hahaha

Well here's my team

QB- Tom Brady, Brett Favre

RB- Lawrence Maroney, Ryan Grant

WR- Greg Jennings, Ruvell Martin (If by some fluke the Pack doesn't make it to the SB, I'm fucked in this department, LOL)

TE- Ben Watson

K- Lawrence Tynes (he's all I can afford, and kickers provided the least amount of points usually anyways)

Def.- Packers

Kevin Boss is out, Kyle Brady is in. (I'm already going to be dropping one QB in Eli Manning - assuming GB loses) I can't afford to lose a TE, even if he only gets one catch.. normally NE loves TEs in the Superbowl :(

I know from the 38 one.. :disappointed:

Latest Team Update:

QBs: Tom Brady & Brett Favre
RBs: Laurence Maroney & Ryan Grant
WRs: Wes Welker & Donte' Stallworth
TE: Kyle Brady
K: Stephen Gostkowski

I would like to fully point out, if New England doesn't win against the Chargers, & advance to the Superbowl.. thus meaning, over half my fantasy team sits on the bench.. I'm going to be REALLY PISSED!

EDIT: I thought about going with Gaffney, or even Driver & taking a crap kicker.. but the fact is, Stallworth & Welker could have stellar games. And I'd rather have two great QBs building me a ton of points, instead of having two great WRs who may not score shit.. & go into the Superbowl without any QB.

Of course if the Superbowl somehow manages to come down to the Giants against the Chargers, then I'm super F*cked! :lmao:

Latest Team Update:

QBs: Tom Brady & Brett Favre
RBs: Laurence Maroney & Ryan Grant
WRs: Wes Welker & Donte' Stallworth
TE: Kyle Brady
K: Stephen Gostkowski

I would like to fully point out, if New England doesn't win against the Chargers, & advance to the Superbowl.. thus meaning, over half my fantasy team sits on the bench.. I'm going to be REALLY PISSED!

EDIT: I thought about going with Gaffney, or even Driver & taking a crap kicker.. but the fact is, Stallworth & Welker could have stellar games. And I'd rather have two great QBs building me a ton of points, instead of having two great WRs who may not score shit.. & go into the Superbowl without any QB.

Of course if the Superbowl somehow manages to come down to the Giants against the Chargers, then I'm super F*cked! :lmao:

LOL, I think if it comes down to Giants/Chargers in the SB, we're all pretty much gonna be super fucked!!!, LOL:lmao:

except Brian.... If it comes down to the Pats, and the Giants, I will be in tremendous shape :)

Final scores have not posted yet, but we can be fairly sure Brian Becker ran away with this one. He has a HUGE lead after the Conference Games and his team was set to own all with a Pats vs Giants SB.

Final scores have not posted yet, but we can be fairly sure Brian Becker ran away with this one. He has a HUGE lead after the Conference Games and his team was set to own all with a Pats vs Giants SB.

Final Standings

Brian-368
Will- 330
Aj-295
IC-283
Justin- 268
Armstrong(would this be Diar?)162

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads