Next World Champion: Angle or Anderson?

If you booked for TNA, I think I would shit my pants. I would LOVE to see this happen and the slim chance that it might actually happen is what keeps me watching TNA Wrestling. I think that after looking at all of the New Signings TNA brought in, Mr. Anderson has to be the standout. I can't remember a time when I was bored during his segments or not enjoying his matches. That's what sets him apart from all the rest. You also mention him being Champion for weeks.. Make that months. You want your ratings TNA? You've got them!

I'm not saying cut his reign, I'm just saying for weeks following BFG, hype the fuck out of his angle – make it the biggest thing on the program week-after-week where Anderson comes out to Angles music, mocking him (again), and cutting nasty personal promos against him touting himself as the greatest wrestler in the world, who just beat the former greatest. Have him sit in on commentary during matches to determine the new #1 contender, and have him run down the competition as not being able to compete with the greatest wrestler in the world, etc. etc.

I realize a lot of people hate Anderson, but I can't for the life of me figure out why – in terms of what's available between he, Angle, Hardy and Pope, he's the most logical and the most interesting choice available.

Were this your run-of-the-mill PPV, I could see why having Angle win would work, but it's BFG, and it's in Daytona Beach – the center of controversy for the wrestling world. Fuck playing it safe.

I don't see why it has to be Anderson or Angle. Out of the four guys left, I want Pope to win it. He (unlike Anderson) is a talented performer who's deserving of the championship

I don't see why it has to be Anderson or Angle. Out of the four guys left, I want Pope to win it. He (unlike Anderson) is a talented performer who's deserving of the championship

Because Anderson/Angle have history dating to a few months ago that's been the most deep and personal rivalry TNA has created in all of 2010. That's why.

Why the fuck should Pope or Hardy can lay claim to having retired Kurt fucking Angle – what sense does that make? What do Pope or Hardy gain from being able to look back and say "I retired Kurt Angle"? This isn't like a Flair/HBK match in which Flair was retired by a friend, and considering the fact that Hardy is up to his neck in a slew of legal charges, and Pope has absolutely no history with Angle whatsoever outside of a single match, where's the value in him winning?

Pope winning, especially by beating Angle, would be an utter waste of the "retirement" angle.

I'm not saying cut his reign, I'm just saying for weeks following BFG, hype the fuck out of his angle – make it the biggest thing on the program week-after-week where Anderson comes out to Angles music, mocking him (again), and cutting nasty personal promos against him touting himself as the greatest wrestler in the world, who just beat the former greatest. Have him sit in on commentary during matches to determine the new #1 contender, and have him run down the competition as not being able to compete with the greatest wrestler in the world, etc. etc.

I realize a lot of people hate Anderson, but I can't for the life of me figure out why – in terms of what's available between he, Angle, Hardy and Pope, he's the most logical and the most interesting choice available.

Were this your run-of-the-mill PPV, I could see why having Angle win would work, but it's BFG, and it's in Daytona Beach – the center of controversy for the wrestling world. Fuck playing it safe.

Exactly - the same place where Hogan made his big heel turn. It would almost be perfect. Something that you mentioned was him doing commentary and run down the competition.. Someone else did that when he was Champion and it made him somewhat of a legend. The Rock. Not to mention that I see a lot of Rocky in Anderson.

Whoever hates on Anderson hates him because they've got this stereotype that he "can't wrestle". Where did that come from? Sure, he was still learning the ropes in WWE and being injured 50% of the time didn't help, but through his time in TNA, I've seen a totally different Anderson. The one that backs up his Wisconsin-sized mouth. He's seriously fun to watch.

It REALLY pisses me off how you all think Kennedy is some mother fucking savior of pro wrestling. How he's the next STONE FUCKING COLD. Right. This guy has NEVER entertained me. He is terrible in the ring, absolutely terrible. I honestly have no idea why you all are so crazy for the guy. He looks so awkward in the ring. He's sloppy, he's scrawny, and he just isn't good. His mic skills are nothing to go crazy about either. It's ridiculous how the IWC thinks he is the second coming of christ in the wrestling world.

The guy sucks dick. Plain and simple. Sorry for being vulgar, but I joined these forums just so I could comment on this post because it's so beyond ridiculous at how high of a pedestal this hack of a performer is put upon.

Because Anderson/Angle have history dating to a few months ago that's been the most deep and personal rivalry TNA has created in all of 2010. That's why.

Why the fuck should Pope or Hardy can lay claim to having retired Kurt fucking Angle – what sense does that make? What do Pope or Hardy gain from being able to look back and say "I retired Kurt Angle"? This isn't like a Flair/HBK match in which Flair was retired by a friend, and considering the fact that Hardy is up to his neck in a slew of legal charges, and Pope has absolutely no history with Angle whatsoever outside of a single match, where's the value in him winning?

Pope winning, especially by beating Angle, would be an utter waste of the "retirement" angle.

IDR, Whenever i post a thread your the one person i hope replies to it. Why you may ask; because you always have the most sensible logic and reasoning.

But yes, Hardy and Pope have no business in this specific title match against Angle. Pope has a place in all of this and that is Anderson's first feud after BFG. They already have built up heat. Hardy is just there and until he gets in better shape and fixes all his legal troubles i think he is staying right where he is.

I see many people against the idea of Kurt Angle retiring. Since when does a retired wrestler not return. I mean look at half of TNA's locker room. Other people have a problem with Anderson doing it cleanly. So my Answer is....Anderson dosen't have to do it cleanly. All they need to do is have a good 20-30 minute match. Have Anderson use a chair or other object and then get the three count. He is a "asshole" for a reason and what bigger thing could an Asshole do than to retire someone by cheating.

Is it just me or am i the only one that hopes this kind of scenario going down at BFG rather than a reformation of the NWO or a lame explanation of "They"

It REALLY pisses me off how you all think Kennedy is some mother fucking savior of pro wrestling. How he's the next STONE FUCKING COLD. Right. This guy has NEVER entertained me. He is terrible in the ring, absolutely terrible. I honestly have no idea why you all are so crazy for the guy. He looks so awkward in the ring. He's sloppy, he's scrawny, and he just isn't good. His mic skills are nothing to go crazy about either. It's ridiculous how the IWC thinks he is the second coming of christ in the wrestling world.

The guy sucks dick. Plain and simple. Sorry for being vulgar, but I joined these forums just so I could comment on this post because it's so beyond ridiculous at how high of a pedestal this hack of a performer is put upon.

We have a forum assistant who handles useless complaints like this – her name is Helen Waite. Please go to Helen Waite if you want to voice your grievances in such a juvenile way. Thanks.

Must be another Orton-mark here to remind us about how Ken is "injury prone", and how he does nothing of interest to the wrestling world, all the while, Angle/Anderson was the most personal, and the most interesting feud TNA has run in 2010, and the most interesting feud they've run since late 2009 for that matter – but yeah, I'm sure Anderson had absolutely nothing to do with that, seeing as he "sucks dick" and all.

...and here I thought you were the only ********er in this thread. Go figure. :rolleyes:

We have a forum assistant who handles useless complaints like this – her name is Helen Waite. Please go to Helen Waite if you want to voice your grievances in such a juvenile way. Thanks.

Must be another Orton-mark here to remind us about how Ken is "injury prone", and how he does nothing of interest to the wrestling world, all the while, Angle/Anderson was the most personal, and the most interesting feud TNA has run in 2010, and the most interesting feud they've run since late 2009 for that matter – but yeah, I'm sure Anderson had absolutely nothing to do with that, seeing as he "sucks dick" and all.

...and here I thought you were the only ********er in this thread. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Just look at what you said. "...the most interesting feud TNA has run in 2010..."

TNA CAN'T HAVE INTERESTING FEUDS. You're probably some TNA mark that thinks someday, somehow, TNA is going to break off and do something great and you think they are going to do it by doing the things they are doing now. Using washed up wrestlers, using washed up storylines, using no-names and 5'5 guys as their "main guys". I guess Kennedy is your dad or brother or something, because the guy honestly has nothing in him to be a star. He does suck. He's 34 for christ sake and he's already in a second rate, going no where company. God dammit, the man must be the next big thing, right?

No. Fuck no. Get off Kennedy's dick. Get of TNA's dick. If anything, the Pope is the best character they have going for them. He can actually put on a good PERFORMANCE, he is OVER with the fans (well, the 50 TNA has), and he is ORIGINAL. Kennedy is the same guy he was in WWE. Except now he walks around carrying a Coors Light while wearing a camo hat. He looks like Steve Austin's younger, outcast cousin who tries really hard to be like his big cousin. Pope ftw.

Just look at what you said. "...the most interesting feud TNA has run in 2010..."

TNA CAN'T HAVE INTERESTING FEUDS. You're probably some TNA mark that thinks someday, somehow, TNA is going to break off and do something great and you think they are going to do it by doing the things they are doing now. Using washed up wrestlers, using washed up storylines, using no-names and 5'5 guys as their "main guys". I guess Kennedy is your dad or brother or something, because the guy honestly has nothing in him to be a star. He does suck. He's 34 for christ sake and he's already in a second rate, going no where company. God dammit, the man must be the next big thing, right?

No. Fuck no. Get off Kennedy's dick. Get of TNA's dick. If anything, the Pope is the best character they have going for them. He can actually put on a good PERFORMANCE
, he is OVER with the fans (well, the 50 TNA has), and he is ORIGINAL. Kennedy is the same guy he was in WWE. Except now he walks around carrying a Coors Light while wearing a camo hat. He looks like Steve Austin's younger, outcast cousin who tries really hard to be like his big cousin. Pope ftw.
Yeah let's flame a mod. I hope you enjoyed your three posts on this forum cause I'm guessing you won't be around long. you seem to be the typical WWE fanboy who thinks anything done by someone else is shit. By the way last time I checked being a compnay eight years old and having national and international exposure and tv time and PPV is something great. Most other companies can not lay claim to that. And did you say that he sucks because he's 34? What about all the WWE guys who are in thier 30's? Do they suck? Probably not beause it's WWE right? I can't tell if you are a TNA fan or not. You bash it claiming it has 50 fans (although the thousands they draw at live shows and the million or so who watch weekley and not counting those who watch via DVR or internet would disagree) then claim you want Pope to win and praise him? You're a whole bunch of crazy aren't ya.

Thinking about it, Anderson would be the best choice if Angle wasn't going to get it. Anderson is the one who could use the moniker of the "The one who retired Angle" as opposed to Pope or Hardy. I'm hoping it's Angle and either Anderson or Pope in the finals simply for a great match, but I'm hoping for Anderson/Angle as the final for great television.

At this point, I think TNA is trying to push 4 Hardy vs Anderson for the TNA world championship at BFG. Think about it, in the weeks coming up to Victory Road, we saw some tension between the two. Maybe it will be like last years BFG, where we saw 2 faces fight for the world title (AJ and Sting) with one of them turning heel soon after.

At this point, I think TNA is trying to push 4 Hardy vs Anderson for the TNA world championship at BFG. Think about it, in the weeks coming up to Victory Road, we saw some tension between the two. Maybe it will be like last years BFG, where we saw 2 faces fight for the world title (AJ and Sting) with one of them turning heel soon after.

That was marginal though, and it served it's purpose already – the most recent development with the Anderson character was featured on ReAction last week when he interrupted Angle's interview to talk about how much he respected him, and as he left the room, Angle muttered "...what an asshole", so aside from the fact that I continue to raise – the fact Angle would be retired by Hardy, who has no reason to do such a thing – why would Anderson/Hardy be the more logical choice than Anderson/Angle?

Watch it for yourself (skip to 8:10):

[YOUTUBE]GHbGf_lagbE[/YOUTUBE]

Do people really think Angle would lose to Hardy at No Surrender?
And waste Angle's "retirement" gimmick.

The most logical thing would be Anderson vs Angle at BFG.
Angle vs Anderson was arguably the best match of the year. And what elevated it over other matches is what that their was a legitimate built up feud. I feel like when I say best match of the year there are going to be tons of people who shout "MCMG V BEER money." There is more to a wrestling match then 4 guys who are in sync with one another and have wrestled each other 50-100 times.

Angle v Anderson had great emotion, selling(as in you don't get super kicked and super kick the guy right back), psychology, and it was vicious.
One thing you like to see in wrestling is a good ol' fashioned brawl.

Anyway, Angle/Anderson are the most capable of carrying the WHC match all things considered(past history, Angle's career, both mens status and abilities as wrestlers.) It's going to be out of the impact zone, where they are going to receive the loudest pops/get the best heat (guys like Morgan, Joe, and any IZ faves don't get near same reception out of IZ.)

At lockdown, when Styles v Pope for WHC, Pope was heavily booed (he was babyface) throughout the match and the fans chanted for AJ. That was in St. Louis.

Here if you wanna see the beginning of the Angle v Anderson match at Lockdown.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWHkg2AL4Rk

Angle will obviously win. He isn't gonna retire even kayfabe wise. He means too much to TNA and him taking an extended period of time off would do nothing for the promotion. If Anderson were to retire Kurt the only way it would do him any good is if it was legit, because the second Angle comes back Anderson looks like a guy who can't get the job done. So I'm 100% sure Angle wins at Bound for Glory and if he doesn't im 100% sure TNA will go under without him.

Here's my various observations and opinions on the whole matter. Alot of it's been said, however.

1. A few people are supposing it could be Hardy, as opposed to Anderson at BFG. Considering his legal troubles, right now, I think he should consider himself lucky enough to even have work. Until this stuff is worked out, he's not going to be champion. Maybe next year.

2. If it is anybody besides Anderson, I would say it's going to be Pope. He has the talent and the personality to be the WHC.

3. I couldn't say for certain that Pope isn't going to make it, however, it makes no sense to me for him to go to the finals, when just a month ago he took an easy beating from Angle on impact. It would make more sense for a world title hunt, and possibly feud following BFG.

4. I have my suspicions that Angle will win and not take advantage of the retirement angle. However, considering it's BFG, there needs to be a shock in the main event, and I think to have Angle win would make a loud thud. It's too obvious, given his (current?) angle, and to have him "retired" would make for a great response, and TNA could build a great storyline around this. Alot of people seem to hate Anderson, however, I'm not quite sure why. He's a very good wrestler (not the best in the world, mind you, but it's not real, either), and he happens to be one of the very few younger guys who has that great charisma. He truly reminds me of the rock, in his attitude, and of a much more coherent Scott Hall in his ability to get a pop.

5. I wish people would quit acting like Angle losing would be a real retirement. It's kayfabe; not real. In all likely-hood, he'd go home, take a well-deserved rest, and come back for a title-hunt or to put some more young guys over. Personally, I'm a little tired of seeing Angle on the t.v. We need a little fresh-blood

6. My prediction: Anderson will, until BFG, build up his nice-guy gimmick. Build a rapport with Angle. Then at BFG, they will have a totally epic match for the WHC. However, the swerve will be having a heel turn from Anderson and possibly another person. I can't imagine Anderson using a roll of quarters in his trousers. I think there will be a run-in, Angle will be laid out, and Anderson will get the pin. Followed by a short feud with Jeff Hardy by turning out to be a liar (or as Anderson will put it "an asshole.") Edited to expand on this: Jeff Hardy will lose in this fued, with Anderson retaining the title for a while, and Angle making a triumphant return to reclaim the title that was stolen from him by a cheat.

You're forgetting this is TNA. If they decide that someone other than Angle is going to win the title, they'll just forget about the whole retirement thing. If you recall Angle lost a match to AJ Styles back in January with the stipulation that if he lost he wouldn't get another shot in 2010. The point of this whole thing shouldn't be focused on Kurts retirement, it should be who is going to be the next TNA Champion, and I think Pope is not only the most deserving, he'd be the best choice for the company.

I'm with the few people here who see nothing in Anderson.

You're forgetting this is TNA. If they decide that someone other than Angle is going to win the title, they'll just forget about the whole retirement thing. If you recall Angle lost a match to AJ Styles back in January with the stipulation that if he lost he wouldn't get another shot in 2010. The point of this whole thing shouldn't be focused on Kurts retirement, it should be who is going to be the next TNA Champion, and I think Pope is not only the most deserving, he'd be the best choice for the company.
And if you remember that stip was negated because Flair nterfeerd and sied with AJ which turned AJ heel, thus screwing Angle so Hogan being in charge gave Anglemore chances because he fealt that he was screwed and we never saw who was the best. That's the way buisness works. I love these moronic "well it's TNA" comments. It's all over in wrestling. Hell look at what happens weekley with Nexus. They attacked people over and over but insted of being fired and arrested like the law should make sure of, they are allowed to come back week. Why? Because it's wrestling. None of it really makes any sense, at least with theAngle/AJ last chance tng, they explained it insted of letting people scratch their heads. If Angle loses it will be thorugh a screw job or someone will come out and feel sorr for and allow Kurt to stay with the company. Simple as that.

Now I don't disagree with you that Pope is a great candidate for the next champion, right now it's probably not in the cards because there is no story behind and if Pope or Hardy did win then peopl wouldcome back to bitch that "TNA didn't follow through with the Angle/Anderson story". Most people will find something to bitch about no matter what angle they go. I still don't see why just cause a few don't see something in Anderson they shouldn't give him a shot with the title. Hell alot of peple hated Batista but he held the title multiple times, why not Ken?

Personally I hope that Anderson win by cheating and screwing Angle over to force him to retire (Angle could comeback later). Imagine the heat that Anderson would get screwing Kurt and Kurt could be hearthbroken saying he didn't really meant to quit and Anderson force him to get even more heat. Anderson could then say that the fan are pathetic and he played to them with the assholes stupidity to get his way. Then TNA would FINALLY have a TRUE heel.

And for those of you who say that maybe Kurt retirement stipulation would not be up if he lose he said on Reaction that if he lose he's out so I hope it builds up to that.

Plus, why do people act as if Angle is REALLY gonna retire. We all know how retirement storylines go in the business. 90% of the guys who "Retired" actually went on hiatus, healed up, packed themselves up and came back in a glorious way to fight the evil jackass who put them out of the game.

Angle is going to take a hiatus 2 months after his last one? His contract is almost up, this is it for Angle

Given that Angle wasn't able to complete his climb to the top, I don't understand why the last match stipulation is still in place. However, it's not exactly a bad thing if Angle were to win the title which I think was ultimately going to happen at some point and not from RVD. The facts are pretty black and white to me on this

First and foremost, this title situation was not planned for in any way which explains the shitty way the title was vacated and how round 1 of the tournament was handled. TNA can put on a good tournament when they want to, this was not 1 of those times. Each and every 1st round match was short and badly booked.

TNA is looking for a replacement face champ, they were not ready yet to establish their new dominant heel. Frankly, they don't have one right now, Abyss is a Joke and AJ needs more time away from the top of the card. If this was not the case, Abyss could have won at the whole fn' show or AJ at the following show taking advantage of Van Dam's injuries.

You have 2 ringers in the top 4. Hardy is not in line to win anything right now, he's more of a special attraction until his legal issues are cleared up. Pope just came back from an injury. Pope was ready earlier this year, but he's lost his momentum so winning a title now seems highly unlikely. Anderson is your crowd favorite and would be a great transition tweener champ, but Angle is the unstoppable force in TNA and has a retirement stipulation with his matches... if he's beaten cleanly.

What I would do at this point :

Angle wins against Anderson via run in from MEM 2.0's Big Sexy, Jarrett and Sting

Angle goes heel because his rise to the top was scrapped by Dixie, whom he now resents. This makes him an ally of Fortune and enemy of EV2

EV2 fail to get the job done on Angle due to Fortune

Anderson being a face or not is now finally resolved by Kurt going to the darkside.

Angle dominates TNA until RVD comes back.

RVD looses to Angle, but Pope and Anderson both win a feast or fired case.....

I said this elsewhere, but it looks like it fits better here.

First and foremost, the TNA Top 8 consists of, in no particular order, Angle, Hardy, Anderson, Dinero, Morgan, Lethal, Terry, and Williams?? That itself should have been explained and stretched out over the next few weeks before No Surrender.

With Angle vs. Hardy and Anderson vs. Dinero at the next PPV, I think, with some interference from everyone else NOT involved in this match, one of, if not both of the Semi-Final matches will end in some kind of Draw setting up a Triple Threat or Fatal Four Way match at Bound For Glory. I do see Kurt in the BFG Main Event, but with who is the question.

If this were to happen, and say Anderson pins Hardy, would that count against Angle and make him retire?? Angle could then turn Heel, restart his climb up the TNA Top 10, starting right where he left off, with the number 4 contender, with the World’s Greatest Tag Team to “help” him along the way.

To add to that, I hope Angle does win someday, but for now, it would be nice for TNA to somehow work around not finishing up Kurt’s Top 10 Storyline. It was a pretty good story to begin with. Using a Triple Threat or Fatal Four Way type of match would be that work around. I could see Dinero pinning Anderson or Hardy to show he really is pimping, or Anderson pinning Hardy to show he really is an @$$hole, or Hardy pinning Anderson to show he really is an charismatic (okay I ran out of $#!+ there). Point is, all it takes is for Fourtune and EV2.0 and N. W. O. Wolfpac (Sting / Nash) and N. W.O. Hollywood (Hogan / Jarrett) and "They" (Abyss, Cena and Undertaker...imagine that!!) to ruin both of these Semi-Final matches at No Surrender. It’s either that, or have RVD come back with the Title and have a King Of The Mountain match at Bound For Glory against these 4. Angle is sure to escape defeat in that match type.

And if you remember that stip was negated because Flair nterfeerd and sied with AJ which turned AJ heel, thus screwing Angle so Hogan being in charge gave Anglemore chances because he fealt that he was screwed and we never saw who was the best. That's the way buisness works. I love these moronic "well it's TNA" comments. It's all over in wrestling. Hell look at what happens weekley with Nexus. They attacked people over and over but insted of being fired and arrested like the law should make sure of, they are allowed to come back week. Why? Because it's wrestling. None of it really makes any sense, at least with theAngle/AJ last chance tng, they explained it insted of letting people scratch their heads. If Angle loses it will be thorugh a screw job or someone will come out and feel sorr for and allow Kurt to stay with the company. Simple as that.

Now I don't disagree with you that Pope is a great candidate for the next champion, right now it's probably not in the cards because there is no story behind and if Pope or Hardy did win then peopl wouldcome back to bitch that "TNA didn't follow through with the Angle/Anderson story". Most people will find something to bitch about no matter what angle they go. I still don't see why just cause a few don't see something in Anderson they shouldn't give him a shot with the title. Hell alot of peple hated Batista but he held the title multiple times, why not Ken?

Hogan letting Angle have another shot was supposed to be a one time deal... as Hogan actually said he has "one more chance."

The Nexus thing isn't comparable, ALL of wrestling does that. Nobody gets arrested, nobody gets fired. There's a HUGE difference between reality gaps like people getting fired, arrested etc. and story and continuity gaps. The reason I say "Well it's TNA" is because TNA's head writer is Vince Russo and if you read some of Mark Maddens blogs on here he talks about how Russo regularly ignores story and continuity, and blows you off when it's pointed out.

I'm not saying that Kenderson should never be the champion because I don't like him, hell I hate a lot of guys who become champion. I'm just saying I think the best option to give the title to is The Pope, and I don't think that should be passed up to "follow through on an Anderson/Angle feud" that ended months ago.

Hogan letting Angle have another shot was supposed to be a one time deal... as Hogan actually said he has "one more chance."
Yes he did say that. Before the match between AJ and Angle happened, and thinking about it now, he gave Angle the last chance on Impact. Angle wasn't involved until recently with the World Title. He gave up his top ten spot to earn his spot back nd be the best. Are we really to believe that one of the best wrestlers in the world is to never get a tite shot? Plus he said it was his last shot against AJ and since AJ is not in the tournoment the last shot thing is null.

I'm not saying that Kenderson should never be the champion because I don't like him, hell I hate a lot of guys who become champion. I'm just saying I think the best option to give the title to is The Pope, and I don't think that should be passed up to "follow through on an Anderson/Angle feud" that ended months ago.
Some may disagree with you but I won't. I am still hoping Pope gets the belt although I don't think he will. TNA is missing the oppurtunity to make another "face" of their company in Pope.

Why? You've said this twice, and twice you've been rebutted with a clear-cut examples of why he should not:

1. Pope is coming off an injury that kept him out so long he lost all his WHC momentum he had built up when he went toe-to-toe with AJ in late 2009.

2. In order for anyone but Angle to win the title, Angle will subsequently be forced to retire, and as a result no longer be a part of the show (kayfabe). You really think they're going to waste the retirement angle on the Pope or Hardy, neither of whom would benefit from being the man responsible for retiring him from wrestling in TNA? Worse yet, if TNA drop the retirement angle/stipulation, they will be hammered into the ground by all the smarks for dropping a key aspect of a story line (again).

3. As I just noted, one of either Pope or Jeff Hardy would have to beat Angle, neither of whom either deserve to be the one to lay claim to having retired the greatest wrestler on the planet, and neither of whom would actually benefit from doing so. Pope is a clear cut face right now, and as I noted earler, is still building momentum – the last thing he needs is a swerve like this to trash that, unless of course you think he's capable of fulfilling the role of the #1 heel in TNA, which I'm not sure he can actually do.

Hardy is an ultra babyface who'd make a piss-poor heel, so what advantage does he possibly gain of retiring Angle and subsequently losing to Pope in the finals? Double-edged sword that cuts you no matter which way you swing it.

4. Pope and Angle have absolutely no history whatsoever outside a single match in which he lost and was given face/face respect by Angle after the match earlier this year, and Pope and Hardy have even less history as the two have never faced one another as far as I'm concerned, so what benefit does TNA get from having two of the biggest babyfaces on their program go head-to-head over the title at BFG?

This is more than just about who deserves to win – it's about who deserves to win in line with the story, and most importantly, with the timing.

It's going to be Angle.

I see it playing out that Angle does something heelish to win the belt, Anderson gets pissed off about it and they fued because Anderson wants what he believes to be his. This allows Angle to get out of the retirement angle and have an interesting fued with Anderson.

It has to be Angle, and it isn't even close. Does anyone really think TNA would just waste this retirement angle on any of the other competitors in the world title tournament? Angle has come so far, and it just wouldn't make sense to have him lose, and be "retired" now. Angle will win the title at BFG. He will have all of the confetti, and a huge celebration at TNA's big show, because he just can't lose after coming this far. He just can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back