• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Next Big Face

Mike1411

Dark Match Winner
Over the past couple months we have seen:
Big Show turn heel, CM Punk most likely turning heel, The Miz returned still heel and Kane still hasn't really fully turned face yet, these just some amongst many.

My question being Who will emerge as the Next Big Face?

We all know Cena is number one that's not even up for debate but Sheamus isn't as over as WWE think he is, Taker is a part timer and apart from joke gimmicks (i.e. Santino and Brodus) I am struggling to think of many if any top tier faces.

So, do you think a top heel will turn face? (and if yes, who?)

Do you think they will build someone from the ground up?

Or could you see another returning superstar from the past to pad out the face?

Discuss :)

Rey Mysterio has just returned. My guess would be that since CM Punk turned heel (is he actually definately heel), WWE will invest alot into Rey being a no2 no3 face after Cena.

I personaly would love to see Christian pushed hard as a face, but realisticly I dont see that happening.

Lets not forget that Orton is coming back soon. I expect him to return as a face.

I do think it is a bit worrying that Orton has been a bit forgotten about. Creative need to do something big with him when he returns for us to care about him again. I havent cared for Orton Since his fued with Christian. He doesnt need a heel turn, just a relavent storyline. I suppose this is all best suited for another topic regarding specificly Orton.

Top faces are technically:

- Sheamus
- Rey Mysterio
- Christian

Other faces who could get pushed to PPV/Title Contending status are:

- Sin Cara (funny to call him a face if you know what Sin Cara means)
- Ryback
- Zack Ryder

Sadly, Christian, I think, is at the point where he's probably not going to win any titles anymore. He'll just be added to matches because he is a good wrestler and can help put on a good show and is fairly believable as a solid contender for any title.

Rey Mysterio, also, probably won't win anymore titles but he will at least get a good push now maybe against The Miz for the IC title or something.

Sheamus is just going to be the World Heavyweight Champion for a long time. I so hope when Mark Henry comes back he wins the title and puts Sheamus in the Hall of Pain.

Sin Cara is used as more of a 'throw-in' guy right now. Never really the centre of a feud, not since the Sin Cara vs Sin Cara feud a while back. He's in a tough position though, there is no Crusierweight title for him to win so his most realistic bet is to go for the US or IC title. US title he won't go for right now since Santino has it and he might go for the IC title but only if they are thinking of having a multi-person match for the IC title coming up.

Ryback could very well be the NEXT BIG FACE. Thing is, he's still slowly being built up. Starting to face actual WWE Superstars now but I feel like he might not get a real feud or title shot until the end of the year.

I would say Jericho (if he wasn't most likely done wrestling again), Ziggler, Cody or Swagger are the best options. That alone speaks to how weak the WWE's mid-card face scene is. Of course they have no one to blame but themselves as they keep the US Title on a joke and continuously book Brodus and Ryback in squash matches. I guess Kofi might get another chance, but he seems pretty stuck in the tag team scene.

I think the WWE needs to turn one of their better heels into a face or risk running the Cena/Orton/Sheamus crap into the ground. And I am not sure how much they trust Mysterio. He can't stay healthy and he can't stay clean. I don't think they will push him to win any titles any time soon.

With Ambrose on the cusp of a debut, and Sandow flourishing they are overloaded with good heels. They really need to turn one of them face. Or maybe they are hoping Kassius Ohno, Richie Steamboat or Seth Rollins will come up and be a big player.

This isn't intended to be an anti-Cena post, but until he turns heel, there's no room to have another "major" face. For me, to be a "major" face, you have to wrestle in the main event - you need to be placed at the very top of the card - and you need to headline.

So long as Cena is a "good guy", there's no room for another face to fit that criterion. When I look at major faces of the Attitude Era - Austin, Rock, Foley, etc - all those guys at some point headlined events and were placed at the very top of the card - their program was the priority for all the Raws leading into the pay-per view. That isn't the case in the WWE today. For the better part of this year, two faces have carried the two most important titles, yet Shaemus's matches have taken place at the top of the under-card while Punk's matches have been placed at the top of the mid-card. Meanwhile, Cena's matches - even when he wrestled John Laurinaitis - headlined and closed the show.

Again, this isn't an anti-Cena post by any stretch. He's the face of the company, and as such, it's smart business to let him headline and close shows ... but because of that, major faces can't emerge in my opinion. It does, however, leave the door open for major heels that could work against Cena in those main events.

The next big face huh? Unless you have a plan to kill John "The Ego" Cena you might at well pack up this thread for at least another 5-10 years.

Ego will wrestle until he can't physically go anymore. People will hate him more and more before he finally takes a break and unlike the rock his acting skills suck and he knows it. Wrestling he can do. Plus all the kiddies love him, Ego will remain the top guy for years.

So with the previous stated already the Answer is someone totally new. My guess is there is a 13-16 year old kid out there who loves wrestling and can't wait to start trying to get there. That kid will be your next great face. He isn't in wrestling but one day he will rise up and take his glory.

Since Rey Returned He Will Be The Second Biggest BabyFace And As For Orton I Hope And Think He Will Come Back Heel, Maybe Make Kane As One Of The Biggest BabyFaces

The next big face huh? Unless you have a plan to kill John "The Ego" Cena you might at well pack up this thread for at least another 5-10 years.

Ego will wrestle until he can't physically go anymore. People will hate him more and more before he finally takes a break and unlike the rock his acting skills suck and he knows it. Wrestling he can do. Plus all the kiddies love him, Ego will remain the top guy for years.

Exactly. On a side note: I don't know why people expect Cena to turn heel. Compare his run to Hulk Hogan's in the 80s/early 90s. Did he ever turn heel? No. At least not in the WWF. Who finally turned him heel? Eric Bischoff made that call, not Vince McMahon and it was epic. Vince seems content to ride the cash cow that is Cena and not try to improve his product. Cena DESPERATELY needs to be a heel and needs a new look. Jorts make him look goofy now.

Anyways, the next big face should be Daniel Bryan. You hear all the "Yes" chants? Why not embrace that? He arguably gets a better reaction than Sheamus, Christian, and basically anyone but Rey and Cena. His ring skills make him an internet darling, the crowd's bought into his catch phrase, and more importantly if he plays the face to AJ's heel, it will make for more entertainment from AJ the GM. AJ's not on the level of Vince McMahon and Daniel Bryan isn't on Stone Cold's level, but it could be a comparable feud with AJ recruiting different guys to take out Daniel Bryan. I'm actually interested to see where it goes.

Over the past couple months we have seen:
Big Show turn heel, CM Punk most likely turning heel, The Miz returned still heel and Kane still hasn't really fully turned face yet, these just some amongst many.

My question being Who will emerge as the Next Big Face?

We all know Cena is number one that's not even up for debate but Sheamus isn't as over as WWE think he is, Taker is a part timer and apart from joke gimmicks (i.e. Santino and Brodus) I am struggling to think of many if any top tier faces.

So, do you think a top heel will turn face? (and if yes, who?)

Do you think they will build someone from the ground up?

Or could you see another returning superstar from the past to pad out the face?

Discuss :)

While I like this topic, I must disagree with the bolded statement. Sheamus is definately over, but of course this is not the topic.

I think the next big face the WWE should push is Ryback. Yes, he's "dangerous" in the ring, but he's at an age where they need to push him pretty soon, if they push him at all.

Another option is Dolph Ziggler, who could take the CM Punk spot as the 2nd big face of the company, if creative did it properly.

I also saw someone post Swagger in there, which at first made me cringe, but then I thought... that might be kind of interesting. His style in the ring is somewhat face-like.

Now, as far as Sheamus goes... I think he's good as a face, but I'd like to see him more as a heel. Of course, his involvement with "BE A STAR" is something that the WWE is taking into consideration.

I dont know about a top face, but for the midcard i really believe Mcgillicutty (hopefully with the Henig name) should get a push. Id really like to see a lot more of guys like him, Tyson Kidd, and Justin Gabriel.

Punk definately turned heel, no doubt about it. The way it was produced says it all.

The way the camera was on him, his reaction after the clothesline, the way he walked up the ramp. They also didnt play his music, as they would have done if it was a case of him purely one upping The Rock. Plus Lawler even spelt it out for us when he said "he's turned his back on the WWE Universe".

Its good that he has turned, as he was going a little stale. I imagine Orton will be pushed as a face when he returns. I also think either Miz, Bryan or Ziggler will turn soon and be pushed as a face.

FACES - Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Christian, Mysterio, Bryan/Miz/Ziggler

HEELS - Punk, Big Show, Kane, Del Rio, Bryan/Miz/Ziggler

Jericho will be a face by the time Summerslam comes around, hell probably even by next Monday night and Daniel Bryan will turn face before the year is out, I would like to see Christian get another main event push and see some world title gold around his waist again. CM punk turning heel, i can't help but ask myself why? he's easily the most popular guy, he's not gonna get booed beating up cena, he's not gonna get booed beating up the cock i mean the rock, there is no need for his heel turn right now.

This is what boggles my mind..........WHY DOES PUNK NOW HAVE TO AUTOMATICALLY BE HEEL? Why can't he tween? This automatic dismissal of Punk from "good" to "bad" is pathetic and all too premature.

Why? Because all the "Crock" marks out thier are crying in their cereal that because Punk leveled him. So now Punk has to be heel?.

That's fucking stupid. And.............fuck The Rock.

Punk didn't turn his back on "Super Cena", he actually "faced" when not taking the cover when he was down. He can still wack the Rock and still be a face and/or tweener.

I don't think it's just the fact he attacked The Rock is the reason he's turned heel. It's more his whole attitude after he did it. He's a better heel anyway.

As for the next big face. I could see Ziggler turning face, not instantly I think it will happen over the course of time. Fans are starting to cheer him more now. The only reason I think he's still technically is because of Vicky. Fans just can't stand her.

I think that if the WWE was actually trying to build another top face, it should be Jack Swagger, i know a lot of people are going to ask themselves " what is he talking about ", but here's why i think he would make a great face: as a heel he's no longer relevant, but the all american american gimmick can work much better for him as a face, they can build him as a hero type face, standing for justice and stuff,, defending other wrestlers from bullys like the Big Show or Mark Henry, i think he has the look, the size, and the talent to pull it off, and if creative team is carefull with him, he can even become a main event caliber face, you never know, Riley was another one of my choices, and he was actually on his way there, but his incident with Cena killed his momentum.......

The next big face will be THE MIZ.He will turn the same way Christian did when he won the belt.Then @ SummeSlam expect a 3way dance with MiZ,Cody, & Christian.After the 3 way dance MiZ & cody should have a series of matches ending @Night of Champions where Miz retains.With Marine3 coming out.Not to mention all the late night talk show appearancess & awardshowes.YOU heard it here 1st folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A lot of good points are made here. When it comes to the main event scene, I fear that us the viewers will have to suffer. That may be my opinion, but when it comes to what we have, it's all we can expect. I really do not see Mysterio taking anything too far as he's a little flakey for supporting the company, so he'll be in the midcard disguised as a hero. Sin Cara only offers in ring abilities, so he's out. Jericho is going to take time off again and if he was to turn face, it would have already happened. Ziggler has potential pouring out of his rear, he only needs opportunity.

When it comes to what will happen, its easier to determine. Shaemus will remain as WHC and a background smackdown guy who we're "supposed" to like. Del Rio will remain in the title division, which we can't care for, but there it is. The Miz hasn't really declared what he is since his return, so the door is open, and even though he is considered over rated by some, I think he holds a lot of potential. WWE should run with him. Bryan isn't exactly exciting, but he's good where he is, so just keep him there until a new opportunity arrises. Christian has enough to offer in stories, but ever since his return a few years ago, it feels like he's been restricted from the fire he had before TNA and in TNA.

I fear we will be stuck with the same TV we had for the past while only with CM Punk turning heel. Orton's return is sure to be the same as always and will offer the same entertainment as Bob Holly. I think WWE is in need of a twist. A real twist. Something that brings in some fresh attitudes.

I really feel I have been watching the same people fight and argue over the past 2 years about the same things — it's frustrating.

^ for the most part it does seem that way, especially with the main event scene not being particularly deep, but when it comes to boring, IMO Sheamus takes the cake to me he's not super great in the ring, and makes for a pretty bland face

this was said earlier in the thread and I totally agree, particularly with the bold

Anyways, the next big face should be Daniel Bryan. You hear all the "Yes" chants? Why not embrace that? He arguably gets a better reaction than Sheamus, Christian, and basically anyone but Rey and Cena. His ring skills make him an internet darling, the crowd's bought into his catch phrase, and more importantly if he plays the face to AJ's heel, it will make for more entertainment from AJ the GM. AJ's not on the level of Vince McMahon and Daniel Bryan isn't on Stone Cold's level, but it could be a comparable feud with AJ recruiting different guys to take out Daniel Bryan. I'm actually interested to see where it goes.

especially with Punk going heel, why not try to gradually turn Bryan face? Bryan consistently performs in big matches and maintains the crowds interest enough to where he could very easily be turned face

My answer is Sheamus. "But Sheamus is already a big face" some would say. I'd beg to differ. I say he is a face, but not over nearly enough to be where he is. I've never understood the need in modern wrestling for a babyface character to be so over-the-top smiley goodie-good. Sheamus should be the cool, ass-kicking machine. The guy who doesn't play games. He shouldn't come out smiling like a kid on Christmas morning. He should be aggressive. He should be intense. He should walk to the ring like Stone Cold and beat ass like Taker. When his music hits, it should strike fear into his opponents. Give him a bit of an edge, and I think Sheamus could really take off. Prediction: it will never happen.

sorry if it has been said but I think ryback has the "potential" to be the next big face..granted he will not be over enough by the time lesnar has come and gone but he is more dominant and intimidating than sheamus and could pose a threat down the road to basically anybody including cena...if they can manage to sepearte him from the obvious goldberg comparisons

I think that we will see a future Ziggler face. He is popular and entertaining and it would be easy to write Ziggler's character as being just as big of a show off without talking trash about audiences and top faces.

This one is easy ... it is Chris Jericho.

They have already started pushing him in that direction. He is talking a little differently, not going for the normal heat he does, and he has gotten in the face of Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler ... who are both supposedly heels.

Sheamus and Rey Mysterio are ALREADY faces and going to be for a while ... and they are already "big" faces ... so I don't think they really count in this category.

Jericho is slowly moving in the face direction and it would not be difficult for them to push him fully that way as the WWE Universe clearly wants to mark out for him.

I imagine that Jericho will be more face than hell (if not full fledged turned) by the end of the summer.

I'd like to see Ziggler get that turn. I'd have him dump Vickie, get Flair as his manager then cash in Money in the Bank contract for the World Title then just like that you have a top face. It makes all the sense in the world for that to happen. Vickie isn't helping him any more and I feel she can get the other young talent over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back