New Randy Orton DVD: 'The Evolution of a Predator'

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/smackdown/randyorton/randy-orton-the-evolution-of-a-predator-toc

20110616_ortondvd_0.jpg

Disc 1
I Am Randy Orton
The Road to WrestleMania Begins
Preparing for the Chamber
Embarking on a Path of Destiny
Training Days
The Elimination Chamber
Facing the Media
The Next Diamond
Signs of Trouble
Dealing with Injuries
The Legend Killer
The Man of Destiny
Punked Out
Coming Home
A Hard Lesson to Learn
Evening the Odds
The Mecca
The Price and Reward of WrestleMania
Making a Difference
Dark Days
Madison Square Melee
Randy’s Redemption
Axxess to the Apex Predator
Legacy
The Day Has Arrived…
I Won’t Be Your Hero
The Evolution of Randy Orton

Disc 2 - Matches
Randy Orton vs. Slick Robbie D
OVW Christmas Chaos – Jan. 31, 2001
Randy Orton vs. Hardcore Holly
SmackDown – Apr. 25, 2002
Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
Unforgiven – Sept. 21, 2003
Intercontinental Championship Match
Randy Orton vs. Rob Van Dam
Armageddon – Dec. 14, 2003
Handicap Tag Team Match
Randy Orton, Ric Flair & Batista vs. The Rock & Mick Foley
WrestleMania XX – Mar. 14, 2004
No Holds Barred Falls Count Anywhere Match for the Intercontinental Championship
Randy Orton vs. Mick Foley
Backlash – Apr. 18, 2004
Intercontinental Championship Match
Randy Orton vs. Edge
Vengeance – Jul. 11, 2004
Handicap Casket Match
Randy Orton & “Cowboy” Bob Orton vs. Undertaker
No Mercy – Oct. 9, 2005

Disc 3 - Matches
Randy Orton vs. Kurt Angle
Vengeance – Jun. 25, 2006
Legend Killer vs. Legend
Randy Orton vs. Hulk Hogan
SummerSlam – Aug. 20, 2006
Texas Bull Rope Match
Randy Orton vs. Dusty Rhodes
The Great American Bash – Jul. 22, 2007
Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. John Cena
WrestleMania XXIV – Mar. 30, 2008
“I Quit” Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. John Cena
Breaking Point – Sept. 13, 2009
Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton vs. Sheamus
Hell in a Cell – Oct. 3, 2010
Randy Orton vs. CM Punk
WrestleMania XXVII – Apr. 3, 2011
World Heavyweight Championship Match
Randy Orton vs. Christian
SmackDown – May 6, 2011

OK, so this is a copy pasta of the thread I just posted in the spam zone, though I used a proper colon this time. And they say I don't give the non-spam sections appropriate respect!

So, the three more notable exceptions I see on this DVD are no Ric Flair cage match (doubtless reserved for the cage match DVD), no Over The Limit 2011 match (maybe two weeks too late to make the cut?) and no SummerSlam 2004 match (for obvious reasons). I suppose you could be surprised that his Extreme Rules 2011 match isn't on it, though I'm not.

First disc seems a documentary of sorts. Could be somewhat interesting. The John Cena experience had some cool backstage shit in it, why not this?

I'll probably buy it.

Interesting. The DVD does not contain Randy Orton's first (failed) title run.

You know, the match where he won the world title from Benoit only cause WWE needed a new "youngest champion" cause Brock left.

Thoughts?

Personally I still think Benoit's title run should've been longer, and if you're doing a wrestler's history on a dvd, I think you should include their first title win. Seriously.

Yeah they will show his celebration and recognize the fact that he is youngest WHC in WWE history. They are not going to show Benoit, that would end up as a PR nightmare.

Its unfortunate that it wont show that, but I don't think his title run was at all a fail. He might have lost it soon after he got it, but his initial face turn is really what got Randy some of his core fans. Its always the people who break away from the group initially that get noticed in my opinion. While its not the same thing, I think Alex Riley is a prime example. Him breaking away from the Miz really got him over and going.

So let me get this straight, Orton's first title run was a failed one because it was short right?, so then I guess that means Christian's title run was a massive failure of epic proportions

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've heard they showed moments including Benoit on the WCW Nitro DVD. I haven't seen it so I'm not completely sure.:shrug:

If they did however show Benoit on the Nitro, surely they can show Randys first world title win considering it was his first major step in becoming one of the most poular superstars in the buisness. Even if the dont show the match, just the celebration like others ^^^^ said.

I don't know. Though knowing WWE they'll probably just show the post match celebration, and Benoit is a convicted murderer so I wouldn't blame them if they didn't have anything on the DVD to do with him.

They showed Benoit, but they cut commentary mentioning him and he wasn't a main focus in the clips that showed him. Obviously showing Orton beat him for the title would have to make him the main focus and acknowledge the fact he was once World champion, which I'm sure WWE will never do. I agree that they will without a doubt show him celebrating the win, but that will be as far as it goes. I agree with justinsayne's comment people are quick to take a jab at Orton's first title run being a "failure" yet Christian just got "screwed" I think Orton losing the title at Unforgiven right after he won it made sense. Triple H was the mega heel with the stable and Orton was the young kid chasing the title. I think it would have made more sense for Orton to enter the Rumble in 05 win and go on to beat Trips at Mania 21 to end the storyline, but thats neither here nor there. As far as the DVD I would have prefered more OVW stuff, I have seen most of these Orton matches numerous times. I would loved them to have put an OVW match with Cena on the collection, being that they had a fued before either one was called up, he had a nice little fued with Rico in OVW too which I'm sure if any of this is documented it will be very briefly.

His first title run was failed cause it was his first face turn attempt and they made him like a superhero rko'ing the whole roster.

Never forget the failures.

He was one of the most over guys on Raw at the time and deserved his title reign with his new face push. He was essentially playing Batista's role of the young guy to step away and challenge Evolution's power, except it was about six months before it actually happened with Big Dave. The only reason it was so short was because HHH couldn't let the spotlight leave him so he had to take the title back a month later so he could hold it another 6 months in 2 title reigns before he finally put Batista over.

Well, I guess you couldn't expect them to put the Summerslam 2004 WHC match with Benoit on here. This was Orton's first title win, the match was pretty good, and this was a big moment in The Viper's career, but we all know why this match didn't make the cut. Any major moments that involved Benoit will be ignored by WWE, and this will continue ti happen as time goes on.

This looks like a solid DVD set, and the match selection isn't bad. Although, I don't know if I would buy this. I don't hate Orton, but I've already seen the majority of these matches on other DVD sets I own. I might check out the documentary portion of this set, but the other two discs don't interest me.

Its unfortunate that Orton's first World title win had to be against Benoit, which obviously ruled any footage of that out of the DVD, which is a shame. Understandable though.

This should be a pretty good DVD set, the matches look decent enough, and the documentary will more than likely be interesting, as most WWE DVDs tend to be. I may pick this up at some point, but I won't rush out and buy it. I want the Nitro one first :)

I hope they mention him shitting in that girls bag. Golden footage right there.

"and then I squatted down, winked at Hunter and then curled out a massive dump in her purse. That'll teach the bitch! You don't fuck with Randall!"

Yes I am a little upset that the Orton-Benoit title match is not included, but I understand why so i'm not going to complain. But the DVD sounds great, the other matches on set are great and the documentary part should be good. It'll be seeing Randy as a little tike hanging out with all his dad's wrestling friends, and I loved his time with Evolution so i'm excited to hear his opinion on those times. If there was one match I could throw in there I would say Rated RKO vs Degeneration X from Cyber Sunday in 2006. It's not the most important match in his career but I think it would be good to show him in a team and not just the lone Legend Killer, plus they defeat the legendary HHH and Michaels so that's big too.
I am very excited for this DVD set, and I think it'll be right up there with Jericho's :)

As you can tell by my sig, I'm a huge Orton mark. I really want this and hopefully I'll be able to get it soon. I'm most looking forward to the documentary DVD since its supposed to have a lot of personal stuff in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back