• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Need To Sign New Guys Or...

Status
Not open for further replies.
No you know what tna's problem really is. Jeff Jarrett Has the belt most of the time and even when he doesn't have the title he is still main eventing every ppv. Truth be told Double J is not a horrible wrestler but people are tired of seeing him all the time as well as the main storyline being about him.:shit:

Kasey said:
Yeah, but they were nothing. That's why I don't really consider their early years much of a career to speak of. I'd hardly call Austin's career anything to write home about before Bret Hart gave him a leg up at the 1997 Series. Jobbing to Jim Duggan in WCW in under a couple of minutes didn't exactly set the world on fire, if you get me. Same goes for Foley. Before 1997, only a few garbage wrestling fans in Japan and American ECW/WCW geeks like me knew who the hell he was. Styles was also a no-name talent before TNA did anything with him. He was also an indy standout in NWA Wildside before the WCW days, but I suppose that doesn't matter, unless you want to keep getting technical.

Austin was in ECW and WCW before Vince even hired him and Foley made most of his legacy in other promotions, I am stating that they made a name for themselves outside WWE and if they had stayed in WCW they would have rose up, if that company wasn't so poorly run. Austin won a couple of titles in WCW and HHH was on the rise, just thought I put that in. I respect their careers outside the WWE, because unlike some WWE fans I know they had one.

Watch the Doco "The Unbelievable Story of Professional Wrestling", by the Histrory Channel. Im unsure of the title but it was either that or something really really close. Also mentioned in the opening chapter(s) of the "Death of WCW" book by ECW Media. I can't find anything about it on the net either. Like I said its not official NWA stuff, I guess its like an IndustryInsider thing - which sounds dumb, but yeah no idea what the deal is.

And also thanx to kasey for the support. Its really a pain in the ass when someone comes on here uninvited and starts attacking TNA and the TNA fans. You never see TNA fans going over to the WWE forums and postering the threads with WWE SUCKS everywhere. We have been subjected to it for over 2 years - its really getting old and its really starting to push me over the edge. Which is a shame because Im spending time out of my day thinking about some idiots on a forum - its sad!!

Sorry if i offended anyone.

DeathIsAright you seem like a standup dude and I dont like fighting with people who seem to share my opinions and my love for this sport, not to mention you seem to be quite knowledgeable and witty which I respect. And the fact I used the word 'witty' is testament to my respect, as I refrain from using gay words as best I can, lol.

We can have a sensible debate yes, but I dont like fighting with complete strangers over wrestling - its just stupid!! I dont hate the WWE I simply hate their current product. I do however think Vince is a d*ck.

And again I think its necessary for TNA to build itself around new guys and more current WWE guys. The old Sting and WCW fans are gone, TNA needs to capture the attentions of the current wrestling fan.

attila said:
Watch the Doco "The Unbelievable Story of Professional Wrestling", by the Histrory Channel. Im unsure of the title but it was either that or something really really close. Also mentioned in the opening chapter(s) of the "Death of WCW" book by ECW Media. I can't find anything about it on the net either. Like I said its not official NWA stuff, I guess its like an IndustryInsider thing - which sounds dumb, but yeah no idea what the deal is.

And also thanx to kasey for the support. Its really a pain in the ass when someone comes on here uninvited and starts attacking TNA and the TNA fans. You never see TNA fans going over to the WWE forums and postering the threads with WWE SUCKS everywhere. We have been subjected to it for over 2 years - its really getting old and its really starting to push me over the edge. Which is a shame because Im spending time out of my day thinking about some idiots on a forum - its sad!!

Sorry if i offended anyone.

DeathIsAright you seem like a standup dude and I dont like fighting with people who seem to share my opinions and my love for this sport, not to mention you seem to be quite knowledgeable and witty which I respect. And the fact I used the word 'witty' is testament to my respect, as I refrain from using gay words as best I can, lol.

We can have a sensible debate yes, but I dont like fighting with complete strangers over wrestling - its just stupid!! I dont hate the WWE I simply hate their current product. I do however think Vince is a d*ck.

And again I think its necessary for TNA to build itself around new guys and more current WWE guys. The old Sting and WCW fans are gone, TNA needs to capture the attentions of the current wrestling fan.

Don't get me wrong attila, I am not pleased with the current WWE product either and calling Vince a d*ck is going too easy on him, I have called him worse. I actually believe it or not support him stepping down and handing power over to Shane.

attila said:
AJ Styles - rejected WWE contract (beacuse in his words the WWE won't let me do my moves and because their competition is not heavy enuff)

Chris Daniels - rejected WWE contract (same reasons as AJ)

Rhino - rejected WWE contract (and made sure they choked on his d*ck for making the mistake of underating him and destroying his career, which TNA had the good sense to ressurect)

Samoa Joe - rejected WWE contract (and it hurt them so bad they had to make a rip-off in Umaga, the difference is Joe can actually wrestle)

Dudleyz - rejected WWE contract (and like Rhino made sure Vince choked on one for making the mistake of letting them go)

Christian - left WWE (because when the fans were cheering for him instead of Cena while the two were feuding, the WWE hated the fact he was being cheered so much that they removed all his merchandise from WWE shopzone and all live events and piped in booing during his segments to make him look bad - THIS IS FACT!!!)

Sting - rejected WWE contract (for over 20 years)

As far as I was aware Rhino and The Dudleyz were actually let go. Wasnt it the Events in the Hotel around WrestleMania that caused the WWE to let Rhino go? And to be honest have TNA actually used Rhino any better? Yeah a week long reign with the Title, and since then he just seems to be stuck in the Mid-Card, which is probably better than being stuck on Heat. I wasnt aware either Daniels or Joe rejected Offers from the WWE, I know there were rumours that they went in for AJ and he rejected. Sting didnt want to work for the WWE because of its riskey Product, it would have gone against his religion.

Like others have stated TNA is a Wrestling Fans Promotion, WWE is an Entertainment based Promotion. They are almost completely different in every way and its unfair for anyone to compare them to each other. To be honest I really got into TNA a Year or so ago, but since then I've drifted away from it, its slightly predicatble. I really dont like these Threads, they really dont serve much purpose, like others have said, if you dont like TNA, then dont watch it. Ditto for WWE.

DeathIsARight said:
It's spelled Colander. If you are going to attempt to insult me atleast do so with correct spelling.
I'm sorry for the clerical error, and I won't flub and hit the "L" key twice by accident next time. I didn't know you were now the editor-in-chief here. I wasn't trying to insult you. What I did was let you know exactly what I think of the majority of your opinions. If I insulted you, you'd know.

St Jonny said:
As far as I was aware Rhino and The Dudleyz were actually let go. Wasnt it the Events in the Hotel around WrestleMania that caused the WWE to let Rhino go? And to be honest have TNA actually used Rhino any better? Yeah a week long reign with the Title, and since then he just seems to be stuck in the Mid-Card, which is probably better than being stuck on Heat. I wasnt aware either Daniels or Joe rejected Offers from the WWE, I know there were rumours that they went in for AJ and he rejected. Sting didnt want to work for the WWE because of its riskey Product, it would have gone against his religion.

Like others have stated TNA is a Wrestling Fans Promotion, WWE is an Entertainment based Promotion. They are almost completely different in every way and its unfair for anyone to compare them to each other. To be honest I really got into TNA a Year or so ago, but since then I've drifted away from it, its slightly predicatble. I really dont like these Threads, they really dont serve much purpose, like others have said, if you dont like TNA, then dont watch it. Ditto for WWE.

No your right they were fired, but then were sought out again for the return of ECW. There was also comments made not too long ago (pre-ECW) that the WWE had regreted getting rid of some guys and Rhino and the Dudleyz were in that list.

Also, i agree Rhino was thrown back into the mid-card a few months ago in TNA, but has been back in the mainevent picture for a while now and is once again one of the most over guys in the entire company. In fact things have really changed in TNA in the last couple of months. If you havnt been watching and havnt seen LAX, I recommend you give it a glance, hands down IMO the best act going today. They are so violent and brutal it gives me a hard-on, lol. I know I'm sick but I simply love violence, as any true wrestling fan should.

That being said its also gotten a little shitty at the other end, with Jarrett dominating more air-time than ever before. However, he was only on for the first five minutes this week which was a welcome change of pace. And he will not be headlining the PPV this Sunday either, instead it will be LAX vs. AJ Styles/Chris Daniels in an Ultimate X match for the NWA World Tag-Team Championships.

And Joe rejected a WWE contract around the same time he joined TNA. Choosing TNA over WWE for his mainstream debut. As for Chris Daniels, he never actually turned down a WWE contract but he did walk out on the WWE a few years ago becuase he didn't like the way he was being treated at the time.

how can people knock alex shelley he is awesum, and if you dont think so actually watch him wrestle, also people saying tna is all is all wwe wcw ecw stars, what is your actual point? they cant make their own 'superstars' TNA is full of heaps of talent and stars they have made themselves. i would name them but people have already done it for me. someone said before TNA got AJ from ROH, ROH is an indy, where are companies suppose to get their wrestlers from, if not from other large organisations like wwe? without indy wrestling there would be no wwe

Whoever said they got AJ from ROH is an idiot. TNA predates ROH and AJ was on their first show.

attila said:
What the fuck is it with these fuckin 12 year old punks coming into TNA forums and starting a hate thread. Dont like it, dont watch it and f*ck off. Come back in 4-5 years when you lil punks have some fkn idea about what you are on about.

And BTW the only reason you think WWE has these big name stars is becuase you watch it every week. If you watched TNA every week you would know who the big name stars are and would see them in the same light as you lil piss-bitch*s currently view Cena. Its as simple as (and im only using examples here) WWE being Jessica Simpson and being on video-chart countdowns evry week so you know her and listen to her shit. We TNA fans are tired of radio and studio-made brand stars and have gone underground where we found better musicians. And if you dikhed lil kids who cant stay up late enuff to watch Impact! coz mommy and daddy will wip your ass for not getting to bed, ever actually watched TNA you would know this. Until then keep TNA out your mothafu*kin mouths and go back to choking on Vince's small wrinkle beat, shrivelled up d*ck.

We watch wrestling for wrestling. Not to watch two grown men bitch-slap eachother for ten minutes before one of them lies down for the other one to make a pinfall. In TNA the wrestlers actually beat the living fuck through eachother and put their lives on the line to entertain the fans. And they dont ban moves like the WWE or slow down the pace of the match like the WWE. BTW, this pisses off WWE wrestlers because they are not allowed to show off their talents - and why? Because it would mean people like Paul London and Super Crazy looking better than Cena. WWE is subsequently TNA without any earial or technical wrestling moves and performed in slow-motion.

AJ Styles - rejected WWE contract (beacuse in his words the WWE won't let me do my moves and because their competition is not heavy enuff)

Chris Daniels - rejected WWE contract (same reasons as AJ)

Rhino - rejected WWE contract (and made sure they choked on his d*ck for making the mistake of underating him and destroying his career, which TNA had the good sense to ressurect)

Samoa Joe - rejected WWE contract (and it hurt them so bad they had to make a rip-off in Umaga, the difference is Joe can actually wrestle)

Dudleyz - rejected WWE contract (and like Rhino made sure Vince choked on one for making the mistake of letting them go)

Christian - left WWE (because when the fans were cheering for him instead of Cena while the two were feuding, the WWE hated the fact he was being cheered so much that they removed all his merchandise from WWE shopzone and all live events and piped in booing during his segments to make him look bad - THIS IS FACT!!!)

Sting - rejected WWE contract (for over 20 years)

Furthermore, the fact that someone brought up the TNA World Title is evidenciary material supporting the claim established by me that you marks have never watched TNA. There is and has never been a TNA World Title. TNA has the NWA World Title, the same title that the WWE, WCW and ECW used before they made their own. It is the oldest, most decorated and MOST IMPORTANT Wrestling Championship in the world. The belt itslef is 95 years old and the NWA has been around for much longer. In fact, Abraham Lincoln is one of the first listed NWA Champions. That is how BIG the NWA title is.

WWE - for those who can't wrestle!! Or in the event that they are able to, are not allowed to.

I dont understand why you are so loyal to Vince, what the hell has he ever done for you. He could have sucked my d*ck and paid off my mortgage and I still wouldnt show him the loyalty you bestow upon him. He is a worthless piece of backstabbing, no good shit. Vince and all you blinded 12 year old marks can SUCK IT!!!

Well said man.......... I dont understand why people like kurt-angle jus' come in here and bash TNA....... If you dont give a fuck about TNA why tha fuck post here your jus' wastin' your time and ours.......... And for someone who hates TNA seems to know and have watched half tha roster....... kurt-angle im not gonna sit here and argue ova this cause i can think of plenty of things wrong with WW so called Entertainment but im not gonna waste my time........ And i dont know why this thread hasnt been closed to be honest cause if i did this in WWE Forum it would have....... So someone close this pointless thread....

True I started a WWE hate thread - not that I hate the WWE but I like to stir some trouble, i know its a little sad, lol - and they closed it down.

I prefer that they didnt close this down though. Even though it started out as a straight stupid and senseless thread, since then at least SOME good conversation and debate has developed along the way. Once Kurt Angle was no longer posting (thanks to me I think, lol) the people who remained and who had some idea about wrestling were able to have logical and coherent discussions, which is the reason these forums exist.

Why exactly are you on this forum wasting your time complaining about TNA? If you are on this forum to talk and half fun, then stop complaining about TNA, because quite frankly it really isn't doing you much good.

I think they need some new guys and also a makeover to some old ones. I think thats one the Vince russo does well is create characters and revamping old ones. I think if you mix that with the good wrestling they have then they might have something. Im a fan of wrestling and ive been for a long time and ithinkthe wrestling in TNA is great it just get boring because the wrestlers have no character. A.J. Styles is a great wrestler but what is his gimmick. Samething with Alex shelly, Chris Sabin, Samoa Joe,and a whole lot of others.Great wrestlers But not great characters, and you need that to be succesfull.This is Sports entertainment and I think TNA miss the entertainment part. If you want to see good boring wrestling then go to n NCAA wrestling match there is some great wrestlers there.Randy Orton Is not the best wrestler there is, hell i could name 20 wrestlers in tna that are better, but he entertains. I was watching Raw a few weeks a go and they had that good six man tag team match with carlito,cena,and hardy vs edge orton and nitro iif im not mistaken but i remember the end where the ref had been distracted and orton came in and Rko someone and then afterwards did the cena face wave,you cant see me, cause the ref didnt see him was one of the funniest things ive seen on raw it was clasic and that was entertainment. I am not a TNA basher I really want to see them get better and compete with WWE and i actually think russo can help. just dont get over board please!!

Swiftly moving back on topic ...

I say TNA needs to bring as much new blood as possible. But not guys from ROH, there are other guys. Like Super Dragon.

Actually I think there a lot of guys in ROH that would be awesome in TNA. Singles and tag-teams - the Briscoes are one of the best tag-teams I have seen in a long time. But yeah there are other guys out there. I would absolutelty love to see some of the guys from Mexico and Japan that they brought in for the World X Cup. Super Dragon would also be sick, but he owns CZW and I doubt he is ready to give it up to just be a wrestler. He is having way too much fun running CZW - he is a performer, a business man and a promoter, the job satsifaction that man enjoys would be hard to beat.

kurt-angle said:
WHAT IS THE POINT OF TNA?
COMPETE WITH WWE?
IF TNA WANTS TO GET MORE POPULAR AND MORE FAMOUS THEY GOTTA SIGN NEW SUPERSTARS AND GET THE CRAP PEOPLE LIKE ALEXSHELY BROTHERRUNT RONKILLINGS HOMICIDE ALL OF LAX A1 AUSTINARIES BOBBYRHODES SANJAYDUTT JAYLETHAL ALL THESE CRAP PEOPLE OUT AND KURT ANGLE CHRIS JERICHO ERIC BISHOFF BUFF BAGWELL NwO ALL THESE REAL THIGNS IN AGREE?
:wwf: RULES AND TNA SUCKS

First I must say that you are an idiot. TNA isn't even trying to compete w/ the WWE at this point. TNA knows it isn't in the same level yet as the WWE. They are just trying to build a fanbase. Now TNA stands for Total Nonstop Action. They advertise more wrestling than Sports Entertainment. Half the guys you want out of TNA could out wrestle the WWE locker room. TNA would just be wasting money on guys like Buff & the NWO. Angle will never go to TNA. Jericho possibly would and Bischoff would be a waste of money. TNA is going to make a name for itself by wrestling. This is pro wrestling after all and they are trying to bring that back to the main stream. That's why guys like Homicide, Lethal, Dutt, & Shelley are in TNA.

ROH > TNA > WWE

You know what seein' as this is still open and goin quiet well............ Im goin' to post a WWE Hate Thread in tha WWE Forum and see what happens...... Im sure it wont get closed cause this is still open....

TNA should sign
Rob Van Dam
Mike Awsome
Matt Morgan
Shelton Benjamin
Lex Luger

I dont know about luger, I dont see RVD leaving ECW, but the rest would def. fit in well with TNA. Especially Shelton Benjamin with his outstanding athleticism. Shelton would be a great pick up for TNA. Awesome and Morgan would be decent pickups too, but Benjamin moreso for his athletic ability

iamwrestling said:
Actually, when Ric Flair was a child, he dreamt about being NWA champion, so your statement is wrong. The NWA title is the most historic title in wrestling. Get your facts straight.

Is it just me or does anyone else see the NWA title being dead when the last NWA territory became WCW and they changed the name of the NWA title to the WCW title. You can't just make up a title and name it after a company that went out of buisness a long time ago.

bman420 said:
TNA should sign
Rob Van Dam
Mike Awsome
Matt Morgan
Shelton Benjamin
Lex Luger

Sorry, but no lex Luger, hes just too old to work there

It seems to me that tna is going down that path of signing a big name, developed by some other organization, just to get the shock value and short term boost.

Oh well not really a big fan of tna seems a little cheesy for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back