Which Superstars Should TNA Sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
This is fairly simple, just state who TNA should sign and why. I'll start it off:

The Briscoe Bros.: These two have the potential to be one of the great tag teams, even better than the ones TNA bred themselves (before tearing them apart for no apparent reason). They could really rejuvenate TNA's tired Tag division and make it back into something that could actually be debated is better than the WWE's version. Personally, I'd love to see a long program between them and LAX, I'm sure they could produce some truly special matches.

Chris Jericho: This one's an obvious. Jericho is a big name. He's not just got a good image, he's also a fantastic wrestler given the chance and I think that his arrival in the impact zone could really make something happen for TNA, if he doesn't become as egotistical as Angle that is. People say that he'd never sign but he's actually very good friends with Christian, who I'm sure could convince him to spend the rest of his career in TNA. Who wouldn't want to see Jericho/Christian, Jericho/Jarrett, Jericho/Anybody!?

Austin Aries: OK, I realise that he's just been released but I think they should try their best to bring him back. Under his Aries name and not with his crappy "THE Austin Starr" gimmick he could be a big star of the X Division and, given time, the heavyweight division. Maybe they should try and reproduce what he can do in ROH.

Roderick Strong: I'm not entirely sure what happened to this guy and to be honest none of his matches in TNA were particularly fantastic. However, look up his ROH matches and you have something quite different. He has a very innovative moveset and he really is the messiah of the backbreaker. Team him with Austin Aries and you have yet another team for the tag division. On his own, he'd do well to remake the X Division.

Shelton Benjamin: He's not being used at all in WWE any more and his talent is just being wasted. He could be a hit in TNA, especially is they built him up as "the Kurt Angle of the X Division" sort of thing. I'm not entirely certain he could compete with some of the guys in the X Division, but I have faith that he'd put on some very good matches and could maybe even do well in the heavweight division.

Now it's your turn.

all good choices, i also think shelton would be really good in TNA.. actually WWE has a couple of guys that would be good for the x division

jimmy wang yang (he actually was part of TNA, so we know he fits in)

Paul london (also was on TNA)

brian kendrick (i dont know where he was, but hes good o_O)

Matt sydal (i think him and aj could put on a classic match, good thing TNA is already after him)

Vampiro (i dont know if he was in TNA.. i dont remember, but damn hes good, get him out of AAA =/)

Sean Waltman (hes not GREAT but i like to see him wrestle, and he did a hell of a match in KOTM, and his matches against vampiro in WSX were really good)

Jack evans ( he was also part of TNA b4 right? im not sure, but the guy is a fuckin ninja)

CM Punk (i know he would never leave WWE to go to TNA, but man he would be so much better there than in WWE since they limit him so much)

and there are a lot more but i dont remember their names now o_O

It would be nice to see somebody like The Great Khali in TNA he could dominate and become a champion like Somoa Joe and then lose in a 3 way match

Rey Mysterio- The X Divison would be probabley the best part of TNA if he was in there but i think he is good with WWE at the moment

Rob Van Dam- Huge Name! He isnt interested but it would be nice for Former Mr. Monday Night to become Mr. Thursday Night once again

Chris Jericho- 1st ever WWE Undisputed champion could come in have a rivalry with Kurt Angle, lose a couple times, and finally win the championship

The Big Show- He is not interested in wrestling but you have to agree with me that he would be a great TNA World Champion

Last but not least Randy Orton! He is being used in WWE but hasnt had a push in quite a while at a championship so put him in TNA and he would make a great addition to this small industry

Brock Lesnar- He would be huge in TNA, and we already know that he is capable of having great matches with Angle, but I would love to see him in the ring with the likes of Joe, Cage, Styles, and Daniels

Mysterio- he could make the X-Division the best thing in wrestling today, the matches he could have with all the X-division guys would be simply incredible, and who doesn't want to see Mysterio vs. Styles, that would surely be an instant classic

Booker T- Honestly I think he could be a much bigger draw in TNA than he will ever be in WWE, he's got such a unique style, that I think he would excel in any thing he did with TNA, and they would push with a better gimmick than this King crap wwe currently has him doing

The Rock- let's face it their is no bigger name in the free agent market right now, and even though this will never ever happen it would thorough TNA into a complete other level, and would bring about some incrediable matches as well, and TNA would have one of the best promo guys in the history of the buisness

Jericho- for pretty much the same reason as everybody else has listed, he's a big name, would bring with him incredible matches, incredible promos, and a whole new following of fans

those are the five I would want to see TNA sign, though to tell you the truth I would be surprised if they even signed one of them, as two guys a currently under contract with WWE, and the other two appear to have no interest in wrestling for anybody in North America for the time being, and I beive one can't even wrestle in North America at all, I could be mistaken though

I'm going to break away from this trend where we seem to be naming some guys who are still under WWE contract and go off into left field by naming people who are actual free agents here.(no disrespect meant) lol

Rob Van Dam- I'm gonna make this short and sweet for the people who demand more drawn out explanations. Close your eyes and imagine Rob Van Dam flying from one turnbuckle almost to the next in the "shorter than squared circles" six sided ring for the Five-Star-Frog-Splash. It would be poetry in motion. And let's begin to think about how kick ass Van Dam would be in an Ultimate X match? Nuff said.

Matt Morgan- This would give TNA it's first legitimate giant. The guy is pretty good in the ring and is a monster. It would give Abyss something to fight up to and would put this former Tough ENough competitor on the map.

Teddy Hart- I'm not sure how many of you saw the X Cup that pitted the ORIGINAL Team Canada against Team Mexico, but Teddy Hart shined in this match and should have gotten a contract then and there. Not sure why he still hasn't.

Rob Conway- This man could be gold. Pair him with Robert Roode and have them be a throw back with a new attitude type team and they can each split off even stronger. Conway is a rare comodity. A guy with a kick ass frame and killer ring personality. Let him build his mic skills and I can see him as a future world champ.

The Silverback Ryan Reeves- Well everybody needs a guy who you KNOW wouldn't pass a piss test for steroids on any given day on the roster. Steiner aint that man, so why not let Reeves be it? This guy is a monster and should be on prime time tv. i mean hell, if Masters made it, why can't he?

Lita and/or Trish Stratus- Bringing one or both of these two former WWE divas on board would shake up the women's division and add some noteriety to it. Homegrown is good, but renting names is even better.

Heres my two cents for whatever its worth on who TNA should sign

Delirious - The X-Division would benefit alot from Delirious the man is an absolute genius when it comes to giving a good promo and thats something that TNA is not excelling in , his hillarious charismatic promos are only matched by his outstanding in-ring ability which is sorely underrated . TNA would thrive off gaining Delirious

El Generico - Ole! do i need to offer an explanation as to why this tijuana native ( cough ) should be added to TNA's roster , hes an outstanding Hi-Flyer , from what i hear hes one of the nicest wrestlers outside of the ring and he is the innovator of the sickest move in the indys today The Brainbustaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!

Shelton Benjamin - Hes already been mentioned but the man is just so god damm great , granted his mic work is not at a Jericho standard but the man makes up for it with moves that astonish and for WWE to hold him back is a crime , for a perfect example of Sheltons work take a look on youtube for him faceing Shawn Michaels back in 05 in the Gold Rush Tournament he was outstanding and even Shawn gave him kudos for his efforts which says alot about Benjamins potential . I would love to see Benjamin in an Ultimate X Match and i know most people would aswell .

Super Dragon - This is just my opinion but i think that Super Dragon deserves to have a place in the TNA roster , hes one of the most hardest hitting brawlers on the indys , he can fly with the best of them and can stretch out limbs on the mat if he needs to . I would love to see another Dragon / Joe bout in a six-sided ring and for a dragon masked bad-ass he can be humorous at times even if it is in a very brutal manner .

Kevin Steen - Im not sure why i added the Kenuck Native i just have it in my mind that he would exude the perfect tweener character to feud with Samoa Joe for the X-title , apon first looking at this guy you would think now thats a chubby hi-flyer which is exactly what he is , Steen has the skills to Fly with the quickest of them and the Beef to outwrestle the heaviest of them , he could be described as a more lighter , whiter version of Samoa Joe but there is no denying that Kevin Steen has to goods to tough it out in TNA , possible teaming with El Generico and Petey Williams or Eric Young to form a new Team Canada would be cool .

La Parka-I'm not sure if he still wrestles, but I'm sure he'd be great for TNA. I was one of my favorite wrestlers in WCW. That dance he did on the chair was so funny. He would be a good fit in the X-Division IMO.

Shelton Benjamin-For all the reasons posted above. I would have him team with Robert Roode, and Shelton could say something like, "It's all about the Benjamens." He could be like the millionaire of TNA. I don't know why, but I just like that idea. Plus, he has great in-ring skills.

Chris Jericho-That would be huge. He could cut the most amazing promos, and have great matches. he says he doesn't mind TNA using his name, and he is friends with Christian, so anything is possible.

But I hope they don't bring in too many more main event level people, as it is burying guys like A.J. Style and Christopher Daniels. I think they should let the home grown talent shine for a while, but the people listed above would be nice to see.

i dont think rey would be that great in the x division, if he was back in his wcw days then hell yeah

but today, even though he can still do some great stuff, i think that most of the x division is still more talented, either way it would be good to have him there, he still puts on great matches and is a big name

RVD no doubt will be great in TNA, he can also take some serious bumps, wich is always good, and from the looks of it he is thinking about coming back to WWE ''OR TNA'' XD

Well until TNA get more television time I dont think it would be an overly good call to bring in anymore talent at all. They have enough talent on their roster at the moment as it is, with a lot of guys not getting the time that they deserve.

Having said that I will continue in the interests of the thread. I would shy away from too much WWE talent as the old argument of TNA being nothing more than a wastebin for WWE would come up, so I would therefore add:

Bryan Danielson: How and why hasnt his name been bropught up in this thread alreadt. Best wrestler in America atm imo, just imagine the matches this guy could put on with the likes of Joe, Angle, Styles, Daniels, Cage. The would be simply amazing. If I were working in TNA he would be the first guy I would be approaching.

The Briscoe Brothers.: The tag divison in TNA is in need of some help. What better way than getting on of the best tag teams out there into the company. 3D are old and stale, and LAX should be carrying the division, but reall who do they have to go against?? Adding the Briscoes would help the divison and the matches they could put on with LAX could be worth the price of admission alone.

Generation Next (Aries & Strong) Initially to be used the same as the Briscoes, to help spice up the tag division. Yes they have both been in TNA before, but their heart is truly into it and TNA use them right they would be amazing pick ups. If TNA wanted to break them up down the track imagine the bump that they would give to the X division.

So their are five guys there that I would add stright away, and I would also look at picking up El Generico as well.

If for arguments sake I had to pick some WWE or ex WWE guys for TNA:

Shelton Benjamin This guy is just an amzing athlete and wrestler, I am a huge fan of his. Just imagine what this guy wiould be able to do in the X-Divison, or any match in TNA for that matter.

Rob Van Dam Great talent as well, not used right in the WWE. Could easily slip into the X Divison and put on some amazing matches or go into the heavyweight tile picture and do the same.

the last I would say is..

The Rock What WWE fan doesnt want The Rock to come back to wrestling? Imagine the ratiings draw that TNA could possibly get if the Most Electrfying Man in the history of sports and entertainment hoped on board. I for one would like to see a Rock/Joe match. But the mainstream mexposure getting The Rock would bring would really help TNA.

Anyway as I said before they need more tv time before they think of adding to their roster, and there are probably guys they could cull in the meantime.

Well until TNA get more television time I dont think it would be an overly good call to bring in anymore talent at all. They have enough talent on their roster at the moment as it is, with a lot of guys not getting the time that they deserve.

Having said that I will continue in the interests of the thread. I would shy away from too much WWE talent as the old argument of TNA being nothing more than a wastebin for WWE would come up, so I would therefore add:

Bryan Danielson: How and why hasnt his name been bropught up in this thread alreadt. Best wrestler in America atm imo, just imagine the matches this guy could put on with the likes of Joe, Angle, Styles, Daniels, Cage. The would be simply amazing. If I were working in TNA he would be the first guy I would be approaching.

The Briscoe Brothers.: The tag divison in TNA is in need of some help. What better way than getting on of the best tag teams out there into the company. 3D are old and stale, and LAX should be carrying the division, but reall who do they have to go against?? Adding the Briscoes would help the divison and the matches they could put on with LAX could be worth the price of admission alone.

Generation Next (Aries & Strong) Initially to be used the same as the Briscoes, to help spice up the tag division. Yes they have both been in TNA before, but their heart is truly into it and TNA use them right they would be amazing pick ups. If TNA wanted to break them up down the track imagine the bump that they would give to the X division.

So their are five guys there that I would add stright away, and I would also look at picking up El Generico as well.

Shelton Benjamin This guy is just an amzing athlete and wrestler, I am a huge fan of his. Just imagine what this guy wiould be able to do in the X-Divison, or any match in TNA for that matter.

Rob Van Dam Great talent as well, not used right in the WWE. Could easily slip into the X Divison and put on some amazing matches or go into the heavyweight tile picture and do the same.

the last I would say is..

The Rock What WWE fan doesnt want The Rock to come back to wrestling? Imagine the ratiings draw that TNA could possibly get if the Most Electrfying Man in the history of sports and entertainment hoped on board. I for one would like to see a Rock/Joe match. But the mainstream mexposure getting The Rock would bring would really help TNA.

Anyway as I said before they need more tv time before they think of adding to their roster, and there are probably guys they could cull in the meantime.

I have to agree with you 100 perceint there wot. As I was reading yours i was like,"BD be a great fit for TNA. But we all have to realize that the only way this will work is if TNA gets more TV time as they dont have the air time to showcase more talent. Its been said before more new talent they get guys like Daniels and Styles get pushed back and they are the one they have help make TNA.

Rob Van Damn is a guy though i think will join as he wants to not work so much and once he gets his rest from the business he will join TNA. He says he has the money so he be good.

But other than I think TNA need to focus on the talent they have and not relay so much on getting talent and work with what they have.

I hate to say this, but I fear what TNA would do with Bryan Danielson. Danielson's used to being a massive name and in TNA, I doubt he would be. Quite frankly, Angle/Danielson would be an even bigger dream match than Angle/Joe, though in my honest opinion Danielson is better. Still, loads of other ROH guys have made it big in TNA - Daniels, Joe and - to a lesser extent - Styles (who I always think of as a TNA guy who did some ROH) and I think that maybe Danielson would slip into that category if he had a lot of patience.

I already mentioned The Briscoe Bros., Generation Next (seperately) and Benjamin, so quit copying me!

One more name that nobody's mentioned -

Nigel McGuinness: Honesty time, this man would never be TNA World Heavyweight Champion unless he became ridiculously over with the fans. Worldwide, being English (or British) is like having a gimmick already implanted into you, usually one that stops you having too much success. Just look at William Regal! Still, he'd be great as a permanent midcard fixture, putting on Five Star matches with Joe, Angle, Daniels, Shelly, etc. etc.

I think that when people keep suggesting that TNA signs Jercho, they keep remembering the young and pumped looking guy who jumped from WCW to WWF and made an instant splash. But when I remember Jericho, I remember the flabby and lackluster wrestler who sucked widn through matches with Cena and was "fired" on RAW by Bischoff. He's not even close to being in the shape that he once was and has even lost alot of the muscle mass that he once had since taking his hiatus from wrestling. His mic skills may still be there, but that would remain to be seen.

Rob Van Dam - RVD could be in a lot of great X-Division matches
Sabu - If Sabu and RVD teamed they could re-establish the tag team division
WGTT (Benjamin and Hass) - another good tage team, both could do great in the X-Division
Jericho - He would do great in either the X-Division or heavyweight division

I would love to see some CZW guys in TNA, especially ruckus, he always ebtertains me everytime i see him in action!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back