A Realistic TNA Signing

2 people from the fed - Carlito and MVP. both are established from their time with wwe so they would bring some name value(and i think both own their names).

Let`s clear up why names alone won`t make a difference. First, you need a storyline. Look at what a happened when Bret went to WCW. Should have been unreal but instead, pretty much a flop. Same with the WCW invasion when Vince bought them. Names are useless without good angles and a good angle can flop without the right names. You need both.

The other reason, and this is no shot at TNA, is that there isn`t a name big enough to make them equal with wwe. Back when Hogan joined WCW, WWF was the company but there were still smaller organizations around with a long history (NWA, AWA, etc - either still active or recently went under). But make no mistake, WWF was looked at as the best and Hogan and WWF were pretty much one-in-the-same in the general public`s mind. when he went to WCW, it made them an equal because it showed that the biggest name in the history of wrestling at that time thought WCW was the place to be. Today, we do not have that. You have to remember that there is almost an entire generation of fans watching who only know wwe - not wwf, wcw, ecw(at least not a watered down ecw), etc. when someone leaves wwe, they disappear for those fans. the ratings for TNA should have jumped big time when both Matt and Jeff Hardy came over but they did not. things are not the same as they were when Hogan jumped. and there is no one at that top level right now who would ever want to leave wwe. TNA needs to build their talent up to that level, not try and bring someone in. Both Sting and Angle can make talent look fantastic if given the chance. but TNA needs to say they want Styles, Joe, Beer Money, etc to be the focus of the company and then do everything they can to build them to that level. they can also build guys like Anderson who maybe didn`t get their chance in wwe. but they need to build, not buy, talent. just my humble thoughts

I'd sign a creative mind, their roster is fine, I really have no issues with anybody in TNA, but it needs better creative, congruent story lines, and not spending so much time having swerves, and let the feuds and matches tell us a story to get people to watch wrestling. Let the personalities come across and hook us in. Quit flip flopping heels and faces, and have some consistency. Flair and hogan should be split and be polar opposites and only work with the people who cant talk. Don't have love triangles that people don't care about. I honestly miss Foley and Cornette kayfabe running things, I was caring about TNA. So they should sign a good booker.

Id like to see Goldberg come back and clean house again. They could have him be a mystery partner for Sting and feud with Immortal. They have alot of the WCW alumni like Hogan, Steiner, Sting, Bischoff so I think he would be a good fit.

okay i would sign Strong and Aries when they tagged. powerhouse and a high flyer? have them tag for awhile but not really get anywhere to begin with. have them go back to working on the indy scene then have mcmg or gen me etc hold a challenge at {insert lame TNA ppv name here} have Strong and Aries return win the tag titles...celebrate but turn aries heel right then and there...the greatest man alive gimmick. have them brawl right after winning the titles....make them defend and still team even though they kayfabe hate eachother. hook aries up with sumone like madison rayne and give them a power couple storyline after the aries v strong feud. then move strong into the tv title chase while aries is in the x-division

My one big signing from ROH would be Nigel McGuinness. I think if TNA repackaged him, he would be amazing.....oh wait. TNA doesn't need more talent.

If I were gonna sign any one guy to TNA's roster, within reason, it would be Good Ol' JR. The man has one of the best wrestling minds in the business. He can help scout and utilize talent. Also he could serve as a filter to the creative staff where he can weed out bad ideas.

hmm good question i think id sign Roderick Strong to TNA id have him debut by answering the open challenge of the tv champ (it would NOT be fucking gunner! :banghead: ) but maybe have someone along the lines of Matt Hardy or The Pope be the TV Champion and there dominating everybody they face so on PPV they have a open challenge and BAM! roderick strong walks out and destorys the tv champ and wins the TV title and uses a gimmick thinking hes better then everybody else so yes he would be heel then he would end up going after the TNA Title within about 6 monthes at the very most and lose but he would remain in the main event scene and end up winning the TNA title within a year

the tv champ (it would NOT be fucking gunner! :banghead: )
whats wrong with the gunner man? oh yeah everything, roderick strong would play a great better than you heel but why not keep him face? have him feud with fatt for a bit and then if meth can come back...have him own the hardly boys easily i mean think about it! he can be a monster face...so many uses tna would never do :banghead:

From a ratings standpoint, there's nobody that TNA is going to realistically bring in at this point that will take them to the Promise Land. Some of wrestling's biggest stars of the past 30-40 years have been brought into the company over the past 5 years or so and, generally speaking, the ratings have stayed the same. Sure, there'll be a temporary increase that'll last for a few weeks before going back down into the 1.1-1.3 range where they normally are.

As for guys that could realistically be brought in to help improve TNA, well there are probably several from ROH at this point. The Kings of Wrestling could definitely give TNA's fading tag team scene a shot in the arm, Evan Bourne from the WWE could bring in some much needed energy for instance but their presence would be virtually moot at this point.

TNA already has a good roster but the problem is that 95% of them don't mean shit at this point. TNA's biggest storyline for a very long time has been the large faction power takeover of TNA that eventually gets into a feud with another faction that stands up to them. At this point in time, it's Immortal vs. Fortune. Nearly anything else going on in TNA is irrelevant filler and it's unlikely to change without changes within the creative team. All the Evan Bournes & Kings of Wrestling & Austin Aires & Roderick Strongs coming to TNA means nothing if they wallow in irrelevancy.

Reactions: PhD
There is no one and Hammer has said it above that will help their ratings. They need to bring in some good quality writers and bookers, stop with the crappy endings to matches of people running in or Dqed, double dqed, double 3 counts. Have solid matches with straight forward story lines. All of the above mentioned people will help with the quality of matches but will not do anything in the ratings if the story lines are not coherent to the majority of the people. I understand them, but it seems most don't and yes they are confusing and half of the things don't get answered.

And to the two going back and forth. I just mentioned this in another thread. If i was a company that has been established for a little bit of time lets use Nike again and my CEO left or got fired or retired. Would i bring in someone who has no clue how to run a company or was 20 years old just to get some young blood in there no I would go look and bring in someone who has had some success elsewhere. Will they be successful with my brand I don't know, we will have to find out. That is the same thing here in TNA, they go and get the 2 biggest names in all of wrestling. and it hasn't helped them there but they have if you know what I mean. They have helped get it some exposure, but not the exposure that is needed. A spike for a short period but dumb story lines will turn people away. If they had a team that could come up with decent story lines then none of us would be having this conversation, though.

I don't think it matters who they sign. Angle was a huge signing but nothing really changed. Samoa Joe was the biggest indy star in the country, that didn't do much. Hardy was a top face, major merch seller, and 6 months removed from being a major champ in WWE. If that doesn't get you to crack 2.0 in the ratings what does? Plus everyone they sign gets buried. They found a way to bury RVD! The only guy they elevated was Anderson. The only thing that'd give them hope in my eyes at this point is if they signed Jericho and gave him full booking power.

As a few people have said there is no One person who TNA could bring in that would increase ratings, be it from ROH or WWE. However the question was who would be a realistic TNA signing.

Before TNA signs anyone they still need to trim the fat to make room and the funds available to sign some new stars. Once this is done, like everyone I would like to see the X division revitalised with some new talent.

As much as I did enjoy Austin Starr during his short tenure with TNA there was quite a lot of tension in the back caused by him, I get the feeling he thinks he deserves a higher spot than others immediately, and therefore unless his attitude has changed I would not sign him.

I would like to see the return of Low-Ki/Senshi as I really enjoy his style of wrestling, I also feel his time with the WWE would have helped him on the mic.

I really like Prince Devitt. This guy has oodles of talent, he could not only revitalise the X division in the short term but could and should be a serious contender in the main event scene. I would love to see him wrestle AJ, Crimson and Angle. The only issue could be his mic work as I have not heard many promos from the guy.

Finally I would like to see Paul Burchill. He is a reasonably big guy who can pull off some high flying moves (much like Kaz) and therefore could work in all areas of TNA, from the X Division to the Heavyweight title. I do not think he ever got his chance to shine in WWE and would like to see him given a final shot at the big time (or semi big time).

I believe all 3 of these guys would really help improve the product and would not be too hard to sign. TNA really needs another 2 hour show though if they are to sign this kind of talent.

You've got Bischoff PROTECTING THE X-DIVISION CHAMPION and at the same time trying to destroy the division? You do realize how backwards that is, right? If this was on TV, people would be flooding the forum with posts about how stupid TNA's booking is. I'm not trying to be an ass to you, but this one detail completely fucks up your idea.

Dude, you’re reading into this far too much. It’s professional wrestling, it doesn’t need to be read into that much. If the guy who runs the show makes a match, then the guy who runs the show makes a match. I don’t see how it could be perceived as protecting the Champion, when the Champion has no time to prepare for his opponent anyway. But if there are 1 or 2 fans out there who need everything explaining and linked together 110%. Then Kaz is already scheduled to defend the Title, and Bischoff makes it a 3way if anyone can beat Abyss.

The idea of this thread wasn’t to produce an angle that would be ready to be broadcast by TNA next week anyway. I was looking to see who people would like to see TNA sign and how that person would debut him.

p.s. This thread is also not about who could increase TNA's ratings or anything like that. It's simply a fantasy thread for who you would like to see TNA realistically sign.

The guys I would like to see TNA are Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas and pair them with Ric Flair. I'd turn Shelton into the black version of the Nature Boy and Charlie I'd have him keep up with the impersonations for a few months... Then Flair would berate the and turn Haas into the Chameleon with his gimmick being that he can adapt to anyones style and beat them with there own finisher.

The guys I would like to see TNA are Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas and pair them with Ric Flair. I'd turn Shelton into the black version of the Nature Boy and Charlie I'd have him keep up with the impersonations for a few months... Then Flair would berate the and turn Haas into the Chameleon with his gimmick being that he can adapt to anyones style and beat them with there own finisher.

I wouldn't hire Hass he is just too bland. But I still don't understand why TNA haven't made a move for Shelton. The guy is one of the best in the ring and to my knoweldge doesn't have any drug or ego problems.

Elijah Burke as the Pope has been amazing and maybe bringing Benjamin to TNA would do wonders for Shelton's career. Benjamin against Styles, Joe, Sabin, Shelley, Pope, Wolfe, RVD would be great match ups and would eb a great part of the roster. Yes his mic skills are not that good but TNA has never really been about that.

He would be a great fit to TNA and wonder why TNA have not yet signed him. He trained Brock Lesnar!

I wouldn't hire Hass he is just too bland. But I still don't understand why TNA haven't made a move for Shelton. The guy is one of the best in the ring and to my knoweldge doesn't have any drug or ego problems.

Elijah Burke as the Pope has been amazing and maybe bringing Benjamin to TNA would do wonders for Shelton's career. Benjamin against Styles, Joe, Sabin, Shelley, Pope, Wolfe, RVD would be great match ups and would eb a great part of the roster. Yes his mic skills are not that good but TNA has never really been about that.

He would be a great fit to TNA and wonder why TNA have not yet signed him. He trained Brock Lesnar!

Haas can wrestle.. The problem with Todays wrestlers is the lack of a manager with Flair as the manager/mouth piece Haas isn't Bland.

If you look up bland whitebread in the dictionary there is a picture of Chalrie Haas I'm sorry. No mic skills, no charisma and a boring moveset. He conned his friend Benjamin into joining him so RoH would give him a job. He's not bad at taking out Lillian Garcia's ankle though...

I would like TNA to sign the following: All these guys except for Dragon kid is 6-2 220lbs or more! Big guys make the business!

Jon Moxley: Great young talent

Ken Doane : Loads of potential

Mike Knox and Brody Lee: Big man tag team similar looks and both very athletic

Dragon Kid: Perfect fit for the X-Division

Slyck Wagner Brown: Bigger, Athletic and more muscular version of New Jack

Tna should not sign any WWE branded talent like John Cena! He is Branded WWE when fans see Him they think WWE! Tna doesn't need that type of signing it's not beneficial to the Tna brand.

I'm glad someone mentioned Slyck Wagner Brown. I read he'd had a dark match for TNA, so this is definitely a possibility.

I've followed him on and off for a while and he's had some great matches with some of the current TNA roster, especially Jay Lethal. They just seem to click.

Sorry, can't find the full match anywhere:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoTmewVTtJ0

Tna should not sign any WWE branded talent like John Cena! He is Branded WWE when fans see Him they think WWE! Tna doesn't need that type of signing it's not beneficial to the Tna brand.

Did I seriously just see you say that TNA should not sign any top WWE talent if they became available? Are you honestly saying that a John Cena level WWE star signing for TNA would not benefit the TNA brand? Of course it would. People WOULD think WWE if they saw Cena on TNA, meaning they would regard him as a major star on the biggest brand in the world. Therefore, him appearing in TNA would give instant credibility to TNA and make them seem a major player. Other examples of where this would be the case would be if The Rock, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels or Brock Lesnar (all thought of as WWE guys) showed up on Impact. There is not a chance in hell that TNA signing any of those wrestlers would not benefit the company, through mainstream exposure, name value and the causal wrestling fan tuning in.

Ken Doane : Loads of potential

I do agree with you on Doane though. He is young, has a great look and alot of potential. Signing him up would definitely be a good move for TNA, he could grow into a very important member of their roster. He had a goo start in WWE and I am surprised TNA have not signed him up

So, this is my first post in a few months. I would like to see, like Mr_Billy said, someone with a creative mind. Someone like Chris DeJoseph or Paul Heyman would be good. Both men have great minds for the business, especially the latter. Just think about what Heyman would do for TNA. Sure, his business endeavors might not have been the best, but there's no denying his mind for what works. The man is a creative genius. Give the booking power to him, and see where TNA goes from there. My guess is up.

ROH fans hate TNA because TNA is a bullshit gimmicky, political clusterfuck.
WWE fans hate TNA because it's a washed down attitude era nostalgia show to them.

Don't sign anyone known. Sign someone unknown and build them from the ground up.

Lilian Garcia.

Yeah, Im serious

Christy Hemme is HORRIBLE at her job right now, Lilian's voice has called numerous main events at Wrestemania, allthough signing her wouldn't do much else other than give them decent announcing, and she probably wouldn't have any interest in TNA anyway.

Lilian Garcia.

Yeah, Im serious

Christy Hemme is HORRIBLE at her job right now, Lilian's voice has called numerous main events at Wrestemania, allthough signing her wouldn't do much else other than give them decent announcing, and she probably wouldn't have any interest in TNA anyway.

Are you insane? Christy Hemmy is doing a good job for the short time she has been ring announcer. Nothing against Lilian Garcia, but she isn't as hot as Christy Hemme. Christy is so hot ( so damn hot) that what i would do to her in my bed would be considered illegal. Now as to who TNA should sign, i will say CM Punk. Yeah yeah i know, most people think he won't leave WWE or if he does he will go to ROH but if he leaves WWE, TNA is the better option for him because while ROH may now have a TV deal TNA has a better network coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back