Need Legal Advice...How can I legally get revenge for being robbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
Ok so last night somebody broke into my car and stole a few valuables from it. (GPS, and I-Pod). I kept my cool becaue I was planning on getting a new I-pod soon enough. However, tonight I was watching from behind my fence if the people would come back and they did which actually pissed me off. Before I could apprehend them a car drove by and they went away. If they were to come back again what legally could I do to them on my property.

I suggest calling the police if you haven't already, and I'm sure they'll keep a look out. If it's more then one person, and then just you, you might get your ass kicked if you try anything.

I'm not sure what you can do in Canada, as far as guns or weapons go.

Edit: I suggest watching them again, and also calling the police. See if they keep coming back and when, you did file a police report after your car was robbed, correct?

You could leave a note on your car saying something like "Look you fucking assholes, I am watching you right now, and if you even touch this car, I will fucking shoot you and cut off your dick, and then I'll put it in my freezer with the others." That could work...or it could really fuck you up.

The guy who robbed my place last year did get arrested. Turns out he lived right in fucking front of me. His daughter is a friend of my little sister. Like if this was some fucking drama.

Legally?
Nothing. Touch them, regardless of what they did, and you can go to jail for assault. On your property or not. Not only that, but they could then turn around and sue you civilly and you'd be royally fucked. Just call the cops. It's all you can do. Sullys note idea might work too.

I don't know how shit works up there, but around here cops won't do anything over petty thievery. If you have the serial numbers and the people aren't smart enough to scratch it off(which isn't too much of a stretch seeing how they fucking came back the next day) and it turns up somewhere, it'll be labeled as stolen and you'll get it back. Otherwise, you're pretty much fucked.

Last November some dude broke into my girls car to steal her radio but I heard him. Probably didn't think anyone would be up at 4am. I grabbed a claw hammer and chased his ass down the street in nothing but my boxers. He got away but I fucked his back windshield up. The cops did end up catching him though. Kind of hard to miss a red cavalier with a big ass hole in his back window. I could have caught some charges for attempted something or another but the cops let it slide.

In Oklahoma we have something called the "Make My Day" law. Which pretty much allows the use of deadly force against unlawful felonious attack or entry into a person's house or business.

So pretty much if a guy were to break into my house and attempt to steal a stack of my DVD's, I could, in Oklahoma, lawfully shoot him and use the "Make My Day" law in order to protect myself from punishment.

Edit: But, this law is there to basically please Redneck's and make them think that they have more power than they actually have. Don't be a fool, i know you are angry, but don't spin the wheel with a situation like that.

Do you have a video camera? If so, have it set up to look over the car area, then switch on a light/make a noise so that they turn towards the camera when they're about to break in and phone the police. If the police aren't there in time then you have them caught on camera! Simples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back