NCIS Los Angeles thread

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
The show that is a spin-off to the spin-off... NCIS Los Angeles is the spin-off series to NCIS that is located in the state of California with their main headquarters in Los Angeles.

Like the series before it, NCIS LA is a Naval Criminal Investigative Service which specializes in solving cases that deal with military affairs and international threats. However, unlike their D.C. brotherhood, the NCIS LA is an undercover unit which is not allowed to interfere with civilian lives.

Thus far, this series has more differences than the original such as the main character G. Callen has absolutely no memory of his early child hood or what his first name even is. The only thing close to a relative that he has at this time is a girl who claimed to be his sister Amy, only the real Amy was dead but buried under the other girl's name.

So far, this series has been quite appealing to me, and the relationship that Callen and his partner Sam Hanna share is quite comedic... as well as the relation that fellow characters Kensi and Deeks share is another comedy. Personally, I find this series to be better than the original NCIS and to be something to always look forward to watching every Tuesday night.

Anyone else watch this show and/or have any thoughts on the series or recent episodes?

I had watched around 2-3 episodes of it back when the first season aired in Denmark. I'll have to admit it both seemed very very odd to watch new characters, as well as I thought it.. Well it blatantly sucked beyond belief compared to the original NCIS series.

The original NCIS series to me is probably better due to having grown with them. Having gotten "emotionally" invested into that series, especially compared to what I ever bothered with for NCIS LA. NCIS LA seems a bit of a mess, the kind of show that leaves you wondering "who the hell is he? And why is he a part of all this?". There were no doubt about it in the original NCIS, because it was clearly expressed at times that Gibbs was the boss of the team, and Shepard / Leo was the boss of the place. I never once figured out who the hell was the Gibbs of NCIS LA.

Overall it's a show that I just do not see me ever watching completely, because it couldn't compete with the original in any way.

I had watched around 2-3 episodes of it back when the first season aired in Denmark. I'll have to admit it both seemed very very odd to watch new characters, as well as I thought it.. Well it blatantly sucked beyond belief compared to the original NCIS series.

The original NCIS series to me is probably better due to having grown with them. Having gotten "emotionally" invested into that series, especially compared to what I ever bothered with for NCIS LA. NCIS LA seems a bit of a mess, the kind of show that leaves you wondering "who the hell is he? And why is he a part of all this?". There were no doubt about it in the original NCIS, because it was clearly expressed at times that Gibbs was the boss of the team, and Shepard / Leo was the boss of the place. I never once figured out who the hell was the Gibbs of NCIS LA.

Overall it's a show that I just do not see me ever watching completely, because it couldn't compete with the original in any way.

The Gibbs in the LA would be Hetty if you had to put it that way, only she doesn't go out on the fields as much. I'm a fan of the original NCIS, and still watch it, but I guess like with you and the original, this is one that I can get into because it's more up to date. Difference in times I guess one could call it/

I've always enjoyed the original NCIS and I'm quickly coming around to the "LA" version. The acting from L.L. Cool J, while not great, is better than I expected what's his name that played Robin years ago in "Batman and Robin" is pretty good as well. Hetty is a solid addtion to the cast. (was she not the old lady from "A Never Ending Story"?) All in all, I def try to catch the show when I can, but I don't plan my night around it, so-to-speak.

NCIS is one of my favourite shows and i'm loving the new series.Its pretty cool and different then the original making it so I have something to do while procrastinating from my studies. The start of the theme song is pretty cool as well.

Last night I had the chance to watch both versions and I was extremely impressed w/both. Since this is the LA thread, I'll stay on topic. Hetty never ceases to amaze me with her wisdom and ability to trick those around her into thinking she's been had, when in actuality, she's holding all of the cards. The final scene last night was a nice way to end, showing that her team will forever have Hetty's back. Well done.

Pretty much verbatim of how I feel. The original is much better. Each character individually brings something unique to the table and are very entertaining and interesting. Not to mention when they're together it's always good. Also, like Ferb said, there's a clear cut order in the place. Earlier posts have stated that Hetty is supposed to be the Gibbs of the LA version, even though she doesn't go in the field. Well the episodes I watched I got the feeling she was more like the Vance role as the head of that office. That led me to believe that Chris O'Donnell was the Gibbs character (which also turned me off even more cuz he just doesn't fit that at all). If it is the way you said it is then they need to establish that better.

Also as far as the actors, I've always found LL Cool J entertaining, but I try to avoid anything with Chris O'Donnell. He's known for playing a whiny, annoying little bitch in almost everything he does. Now when I watched NCIS: LA I noticed this wasn't the case, but his past roles have made me hard to digest him as anything else anymore. Unfair judgement? Maybe, but that's just my opinion.

I don't think I've ever watched a whole ep of the Harmon show. That being said, I have the first season of LA on DVD, & love it even more now (especially since they added Deeks as a regular).

Perhaps my only complaint is they did the stuff with Callen's back-story at the end of last season, added some more of Hetty's IDs (& more back-story for her) this year, as well as that redhead (name escapes me). I'm just doing a countdown until someone in "creative" loses control of it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back