Name That Tune: Video Game Edition

I've got to agree with Lee... this sounds like Dragon's Quest.

Great game idea, btw.

Geez, I was way off on that one. The only thing I could say definitively was that it wasn't Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, beyond that. I would have guessed 8-bit too. Certainly would NOT have guessed Koji Kondo though.

So if D-Man got it right then it's his right to post the song for the next round.
If you don't want to do that D-Man, I will do it instead.

Geez, I was way off on that one. The only thing I could say definitively was that it wasn't Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, beyond that. I would have guessed 8-bit too. Certainly would NOT have guessed Koji Kondo though.

Good job it wasn't Koji Kondo then, it was Akito Nakatsuka. Kondo didn't do Zelda II.

There we go

Attachments

• round5.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 7
Acceptable, King DeDeDe's theme from knightmare also would have won.

Here's a pretty easy one... Lee you're not allowed to guess because you'll get it right away ;)

Attachments

• Round6.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 10
Scrapo Brain Zone, Sonic the hedgehog 1.

Attachments

• round7.zip
    1.7 KB · Views: 9
The main theme of Dragon Quest (all of them) by Koichi Sugiyama.

Absolutely love this song.

Oh and BTW Lee, I didn't realize that Koji Kondo didn't do Zelda 2, I'm so used that Hyrule Temple theme from Super Smash Brothers that I've just got it in my head that Koji Kondo wrote it.

This song won't be immediately obvious, but the longer you listen to it you will get it before the song is over. Green rep to the person that can get the exact installment this version of the song comes from, but all you need to do is get the franchise.

BTW That Kirby song... That's Fountain of Dreams (too). I never played Kirby until my son started playing Super Smash Brothers Melee for the gamecube a few years back. I got the Super Smash Brothers Smashing: Live! album, love this song performed by the Tokyo Symphony Orchestra.

Attachments

• Round8.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 10
I think its from the Fire Emblem series. A part of me wants to say Fire Emblem 3??

Actually in some ways I like Fire Emblem 3's theme better, but this is not Fire Emblem 3's theme. It IS however a Fire Emblem theme. THE theme as a matter of fact. So kudo's to you. :)

Would you like to post the next song or would you like me to?

oh BTW: Here's a different version of the Fire Emblem Theme, this one comes from Super Smash Brothers Smashing Live! One of my favorite video game soundtracks.

Dammit it I had it written down went out and forgot to hit send.

I thought it was 3 too tbh but then thought it may be a smash bros livfe one then I decided that smash bros live versions arent in the game so it can't be that.

I think the Live version is either from FE2, or adapted from 2. That's honestly a guess there. I'm fairly certain the other part of the SSBM:SL version is using Marth's theme medleyed with the FE main theme, but I don't recognize it off the top of my head from FE1. So, that'd be my educated guess on the SSBM:SL version.

SSBM:Live are just different versions, it's like the doctor mario version on live isn't actually in a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back