• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My WM27 Unification title match idea

weird86

Pre-Show Stalwart
So the rumors of the WWE unifying all the titles with the WHC/WWE title match headlining WM. I can almost assure that we will see UT vs Cena vs the winner of the RR (which doesnt matter). All of the sudden after (more than likely) the Undertaker wins all the sudden "AWWWEESSSOOMMMEEE, I came to play" rings through the arena and Miz cashes in on the Undertaker (or whoever wins the match).

How this works is come January or so have the Miz stop carrying the brief case and have everyone forget he won MITB. Barley have him on Raw or SD and dont even have him wrestle at WM, or have him wrestle a mid card match (as long as its something that allows everyone to forget hes the MITB winner)

That idea actually would work awesome if they wanted to retire Undertaker this year. In my opinion I think Taker will stay till he's 20-0 at Wrestlemania and if he fights two matches in one night he could make it happen. Be the unified world champion or w/e they will call it and be 20/0 then retire the next night on Raw. Possibly have a huge tournament between the shows to see who wins the vacated belt or something. Undertaker is a guy who will probably go out on top so I don't see Miz cashing in to beat him.

Well I see a few different people winning the new unified title for various reasons.
1) Chris Jericho - he was the FIRST undisputed champion (and regularly reminds us of it), thought why officials thing it's a good idea to unify them again is beyond me, but what do I know?
2) John $ena...oh sorry, Cena. Reason? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
3) Undertaker - he's facing Kane at NoC, and will probably continue to do so at the next few PPV's. Ultimately, he's going to win the belt and there's really no good way to take it off of him. I understand why they took it from him at Elimination Chamber to set up the feud with HBK and to set up Jericho/Edge. I had no problem with either of those, it just didn't make sense to have Jericho be a transitional champion. But I digress. Taker will never lose at Mania, so he's the most likely to win both titles.
4) Miz. This is what I want to happen, though as much as I want it to, he's not ready. He's starting to get more wins over people, but let's see him take out Cena, Orton, or HHH one on one first; however, that being said, cashing in the briefcase at WM27 to beat the Undertaker would ultimately put him over forever.

not that its the match i want to see, but honestly I can't see this happening without triple-h involved. so my guess is tripleh vs cena even though its a rematch.

A cooler scenario which will never happen is to see The Miz hold his brief case and win the royal rumble giving him the right to challange two champions. How cool would it be to see him win his royal rumble' title match early in the night only to emerge after the second title match to challenge the winner using money in the bank.

I LOVE this idea, just because you have MIZ showing his awesomeness on a grand stage.

I imagine that this is the match that WWE will go with (maybe Orton/Taker,, think legend killer). Personally, I'd rather see someone else from Smackdown, but honestly the possibilities are quite weak, unless someone (Kofi, Drew, Christian, Swagger) starts getting a massive push immediately. The winner of this years rumble to be the 3rd party in this match will likely be one of Sheamus, HHH, or, Danielson.

But, I have one question. If Miz cashes in on Taker at Mania would this jeopardize the streak?

I like the idea. Mostly because I came up with it just a few hours ago! I suggested this exact idea nearly word for word on another thread called "Why Losing MITB would benefit The Miz".

Here's what I wrote just a few hours ago on the "Why LOSING MITB would benefit Miz" thread:

("I'd like to see them combine the WWE and World title at this years Mania. Then have Miz come down to cash in afterwards. And if the Undertaker were the champion at the time, that would add another layer to it as Takers streak would be on the line in an impromptu match which has also never been done. Even if Miz were to lose the match he would still get a huge pop for trying something no one has ever tried before." )

If this is a coincidence, it's a pretty big one.

Think about it. The Miz could very well be the one to win both titles at Mania. Let's say undertaker wins the title at Hell in a Cell and carries it till Mania. John Cena wins the WWE title at Royal Rumble. The rumble winner (let's say Jericho) could somehow get put into the Elimination Chamber and win the title thus meaning he doesn't need the rumble win to headline Mania. Jericho goes on claiming he's the best in the world bla bla bla and beats the Cena on RAW the night after. After the match Jericho says he's challenging the Undertaker to a Unification match at Mania claiming he's been undisputed champ before and he'll do it again. Jericho and Taker have their match with Taker coming out on top. Undertaker celebrates 19-0 when suddenly..."AWSOME" miz comes down and cashes in MITB only to lose. Taker now has 20-0 streak. The night after Miz comes out and complains that he got screwed and challenges the MITB winner from Mania (yes MITB should be back at Mania) for the case that night. Miz wins the match and thus becomes 2-time MITB winner. On Smackdown that week, Undertaker comes out and says with a 20-0 record he has nothing left to prove and he is retiring and vacating the titles at the same time. As he is about to leave Kane comes out and completely destroys Undertaker. "AWSOME" and Miz comes out, cashes in MITB and hits the SCF on Taker. He pins him while Kane watchs and just like that Miz becomes Undisputed Champion. Anyone who says he isn't ready should think about this. Was Jericho really ready when he won the Undisputed title against the Rock and SCSA?Nobody saw it coming and now Jericho is a huge star...just an idea

WWE will not risk breaking the streak of the Undertaker. If they do, they will lose a major portion of fans who would be upset that the streak has been broken, and possibly riot. Taker had two great matches with HBK, who nearly beat Taker. If HBK can't beat Taker, then no one really deserves that right.

And btw. Taker is 18-0 at Wrestlemania right now. Not 19-0.

Good idea...

One problem...

I don't think ANYONE will forget the fact that Miz won and is holding the MitB briefcase..hell, even if he doesn't carry it, everytime we see him, we'll know..there has been a huge buzz everywhere in the IWC about Miz being pushed to the sky and because of that, no one will forget...

It's not like TNA, where we all forgot Samoa Joe held the TNA World title feast or fired briefcase!

Correct me if im wrong but would that mean that they would do away with one of the world titles, and just have 1? If so i would guess they would do away with the world heavyweight title and therefore keeping the wwe title. Secondly did there used to be a wwe title and world heavyweight title? Or did there just used to have one?

I would like them to keep it as a traditional one on one match at Mania, and I'm still gonna go with Cena vs 'Taker for the unified championship should they go in that direction. This does throw up the argument of "well what about the Royal Rumble winner"? This means nothing, in 97 Austin won the Rumble but did he get a title match at WM13? No.

Of course they could find a way to build the Royal Rumble winner into the build, for example Cena winning the Rumble, deciding to challenge for the WHC yet somehow in the time between the Rumble and Mania winning the WWE title thus making the Main Event a unification match. That is just off the top of my head though, there are many possibilities.

not that its the match i want to see, but honestly I can't see this happening without triple-h involved. so my guess is tripleh vs cena even though its a rematch.

A cooler scenario which will never happen is to see The Miz hold his brief case and win the royal rumble giving him the right to challange two champions. How cool would it be to see him win his royal rumble' title match early in the night only to emerge after the second title match to challenge the winner using money in the bank.

I actually like this idea a lot. If Vince really does want to make Miz the next face of WWE, this would be a perfect way to do it. Miz would be known as the first unified WWE Heavyweight Champion, and the first to win Royal Rumble well holding a MITB case. This would be a perfect way to unify the titles.

Without this I don't see how you can make a WWE/WHC unified match at WM since the Royal Rumble winner gets either one of those title matches how else do u explain getting the 2nd champion in the match? Also WWE/WHC matches r normally big at WM so only having 1 match for both belts would kindda suck.

This way Miz can have his real match for one title, then after the holder of the other title either loses it in there match, or wins there match Miz cashes in and takes both.

Funny thing for this quote and the OP, I actually had this scenario in April of 2009. (link: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?p=1007003#post1007003) Great minds huh?

I like the idea of "forgetting" about the MITB winner. I actually like to have the Unification take place involving all WM scenarios. I want Miz to cash his in at WM, 1st person to do so. I want the MITB winner THAT night to involve themselves. And I want the RR winner involved. This way with multiple people involved in possibly WWE's most meaningful championship match in years, the suspense of "Who will be the new Undisputed Champ" builds.

I think OP could be onto something. Granted plans change consistently, but the idea is good. I just think that if you replace taker with someone else, it is more likely. Is it just me, or would this idea bastardize Taker's streak? You could match up any two champs, probably with Cena as one, he is all about the Miz being the next "guy." Best case w/o taker in my opinion would be Cena Jericho. I'm all for the idea of pushing forgetting the Miz's streak, but i don't see that happening, unless he fades away for a time. Injury angle? The internet hates that angle, but it would be the only way for us to "forget" about him. He won't stop carrying the briefcase.

WWE will not risk breaking the streak of the Undertaker. If they do, they will lose a major portion of fans who would be upset that the streak has been broken, and possibly riot.

I doubt a “major portion” of fans are going to stop watching simply because he loses the streak. Most fans would agree that if he’s going to lose then it’s best to use it as a way to put someone over that is heading to the big time, aka Miz. Oh and riot? That's just a silly comment.

Taker had two great matches with HBK, who nearly beat Taker. If HBK can't beat Taker, then no one really deserves that right.

I think this idea is pretty good as a way to have someone beat Taker. Have him win against Cena (as an example) to unify the titles and then have Miz cash in on him. It would be after Taker had a big match against Cena and he’s getting old, I don’t think it would be too hard to believe he could be beaten in that way.

And btw. Taker is 18-0 at Wrestlemania right now. Not 19-0.

Yes Taker is 18-0 right now, he wins against whoever at Mania which would make him 19-0 and then after the cash in by Miz he could be 20-0 if he wins.

First off no one deserves to end the streak. OK with that out of the way, I wouldn't mind Miz cashing in as long as it was on someone else. I personally hope that Jericho wins the just because of his history and being the best in the world at what he does. *cough I'm a Miz fan but he defiantly does not deserve to end the streak. If not Shawn Michaels than no one cough*

To me the only way this would work for the Miz is to have two seperate world title matches at Mania, and have Miz win the Royal Rumble. As the MiTB he is carrying can ONLY be used on a RAW title, therefore he would need to cash in on the WWE championship. So my prediction is Miz wins the Rumble, then uses his Mania match against the World Champion of Smackdown, then later on in the night have him cash in n RAWs World Champ.

Ridiculous!!
The Miz will NEVER break The Undertaker's streak!!
No one will.

It will go down as a sort of WWE Legend this streak.
And really all these Miz marks need to get some brain cells if they think Miz is the best in the world.

He's not ready yet and certainly is a year away from headlining Wrestlemania.
Miz needs to have a stellar feud with a top dog first before the masses buy into him.
At the moment he is way behind on the merchandising and if WWE wants to create 'Brand Miz', give him time and memorable bookings and matchups.
His mic-work is just generic heel lines with some "really really"s thrown in.
Apart from his SummerSlam promo and the JBL-shoot none of them are really memorable.

His ring-work is ok.
Nothing to go crazy about but I still believe he will be a very convincing Heel Champion one day.

People should stop spewing this garbage of him ending the streak.
He still has some way to go.

I think they should go with a 16 man tournament for it... Make this years mania something special... these guys are all on the roster and have been world champ already, thus deserve a crack at the unification. Miz will lose MITB before then but perhaps win it again at Mania...

Undertaker,Kane,Jericho,Trips,Cena,Punk,Sheamus,Edge,Orton,Bret,Kane, Rey, Swagger and Trips.

There are then 2 slots remaining for Wade Barrett and Miz. The Rumble winner gets a bye to the final 8...

The first round takes place the RAW before Mania, Rock as guest host... leaving a final 8 for mania of Barrett, Cena, Trips, Jericho, Edge,Orton, Kane and Taker.

Miz can cash in on my predicted winner, Jericho moments after he beats Taker to end the streak setting up a massive feud for the rest of the year...

Unless Triple H is hurt or something, he will no doubt be in this title match. Cena/Orton/Sheamus will be the opponent. I can live with Triple H vs Cena in the unification match. I love Orton, but Cena/Triple H could be epic with the big unification on the line. Have Triple H return before the RR and have him work his way up. Not this RR winner storyline all over again thing. Triple H should get revenge on Sheamus, then take out The Miz or Edge, leading up to facing Cean at WM 27. Cena should go in as champion, but I think as far as the unification and Triple H being in the twilight of his career, he should win it.

So the rumors of the WWE unifying all the titles with the WHC/WWE title match headlining WM. I can almost assure that we will see UT vs Cena vs the winner of the RR (which doesnt matter). All of the sudden after (more than likely) the Undertaker wins all the sudden "AWWWEESSSOOMMMEEE, I came to play" rings through the arena and Miz cashes in on the Undertaker (or whoever wins the match).

How this works is come January or so have the Miz stop carrying the brief case and have everyone forget he won MITB. Barley have him on Raw or SD and dont even have him wrestle at WM, or have him wrestle a mid card match (as long as its something that allows everyone to forget hes the MITB winner)

:blush:Here's to hoping lol.

But no I don't see The Undertaker winning any titles at this year's WrestleMania. I'm not sure what the program outcome will be between he & Kane but I'm certain neither man will go into WM as WHC. That being said, I doubt The Undertaker will wanna go into it as WHC anyway probably because he'd like to see someone younger start off this new era of WWE.

I personally would like to see The Miz as the new Unified Champion. He could be Chris Jericho from 2001. I do like the idea of Miz cashing in his MITB case (but the WWE would have to totally get rid of the MITB match, IMO, because having the new MITB winner AND the former MITB winner at the same time would lead to a lot of confusion.

Of course I'm sure Cena would be the WWE Champion. I'm not sure who they'd have as WHC going into Mania but whomever it is, Cena would probably beat him, where your story picks up. Love the idea just felt like I won't see Taker in that roll.

I reckon that taker vs cena for the championship makes the most sense, but i still think theyd get HHH in on it somehow. I dont think the miz will in any way be involved in this. Everyones just wanting the miz to be big quick - i know hes got money in the bank but hes not even close to a main eventer, if he was champ he would never even be top of the card just now like they did with jack swagger. WWE is preparing these guys for when hhh and taker etc leave, which will be in a couple of years anyway i think. The guy that said jericho wasnt ready when he won the undisputed championship is waay off the mark as jericho was more than capable of putting on a main event match, i doubt the miz could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back