My response

We won't be electing someone King of the Fucking World. Someone is going to become a moderator. What can you expect after winning? Cleaning up spam, and not being able to sample KB's gatorade.

Changing things isn't even an option.

I think the point of the question was to gauge what kind of ideas the new mod would be bringing in. Coco is happy with things the way they are, for the moment. Crock would want to change how soon crappy duplicate threads start popping up. Dagger wants to change something likely to only really benefit himself.

I thought the PM Box increase was a fine answer, but I thought Coco's answer was fine too. We have a solid set of rules that keep the forum running smoothly, why fix it if it ain't broke?

Umm, here's the context.

Gelgarin: "You Suck" *Crowd Cheers

Dagger: "Oh yeah?! Well, you suck!" *Crowd Gasps in horror

Fixed. I don't see much maturity on either side there and the only real difference is the audience (which conveniently is spammerifically inclined).

When I was talking about context I meant it is plausible that Dagger wasn't saying he was one of the worst but that he was attempting to refute something Gelgarin said about him with a counterexample. I like Gelgarin a lot but it isn't like he is relevant in the non-spam sections.

Which is why you are one of the worst posters this forum has ever seen.

If this was an attempt at sass, it failed. If it was meant sincerely, I literally cannot comprehend how stupid that is.

I did NOT try to get you fired. I already addressed this. Someone told me you might be stepping down, thus I asked a staff member so I could confirm the rumor and asked for a recommendation.

1) Who told you? It obviously wasn't a mod because there'd be no reason to ask somebody else about it. Someone must have mentioned it to you, and now they're throwing you under the bus by not defending you. Or you're talking total bullshit, whatever.

2) You could have asked me, Mr. I Deal With Issues In Private Directly.

3) You could have just waited to see what happens like everyone else does. When in the history of the forums has a mod been appointed within minutes of one stepping down?

4) This is the kicker, by the way, if you were just trying to make an enquiry to the moderator in question you could have written this:

Not Dagger Dias said:
Hey man,

I heard Tastycles might be stepping down, is that the case? If so I'd like to throw my name out as a potential replacement.

Dagger

When actually you wrote this:

Dagger Dias said:
Hey man remember how you said you'd throw my name out if they are looking for new people to bring onto the staff? I noticed in particular that Tastycles has not been on in days, is no longer modding one of his former sections, and had not been doing much in either of his sections for quite some time now. Is he stepping down? I'd be happy to look after the General Wrestling section if he steps down. Anyways, if they are looking for anyone at the moment I would really appreciate it if you'd still name me if they are looking. Doesn't really matter which section, I'd do pretty much any of them. Thanks.

Dagger

The bolding is mine, showing what are clearly weasel words designed to make me look like a twat. For the record, this was posted in the board room 6 days after I lost my internet, so that is the maximum "quite some time" that Dagger is on about, assuming the mod put it in there as soon as they received it.

Either you are so stupid that you don't realise that you're doing it or you think you're so intelligent that nobody will ever see past your ingenious attempt at manipulation, which probably makes you even stupider.

Reactions: gd
I watched a movie called Cyberbully. I think it is classified as a "chick" flick, as it had a predominately female cast and felt womanish. Normally, I'd deplore films of this nature, but boredom and convenience can fumble one's judgement. The premise, as one can assume, was that the act of bullying over the internet was detrimental to the victim socially, personally, and emotionally. At the apex of the movie, the main character is clinging to a bottle of pills, wanting to end her life, while her family is trying to desperately pull it away.

I'm not saying this Dagger situation is bullying. It isn't. Not even to a slight degree. So, what was the purpose of my post? I really don't know. I guess I'm just trying to correlate events even though there's no correlation. The movie just reminded me of this. I admittedly unethically imagined Dagger clutching to some pills. Well, not really.

If you read this, I'm sorry.

While I've not posted at all, I've been following these elections very closely. I've felt bad for the amount of hate that Dagger has got these past few days/weeks, that is right up until Tastycles posted this PM in full. If this is what Dagger wrote, then he CLEARLY was not making a simple request as to if there was soon to be a vacant spot left by Tasty. This is a blatant attempt to throw someone under the bus. This reeks of "hey, this guy has sucked at his job recently (obviously, not taking in to account the many reasons this may have been going on and just as obviously realizing that the staff would be well aware of what a mod had or had not been doing regarding his responsabilities) and trying to twist that into an oppurtunity to push himself. I like you Dagger, I truely, truely do, but there is no excuse for this. I'm not entirely sure if this is the first time this actual PM has been posted or not, but it's the first time I've seen it, and it's clearly not what you've claimed it was. After reading this, I think you clearly owe an apology here. Again, I honestly like you and was hoping this misunterstanding between the two of you was more what you claimed it to be and less what we were being told it was. Well, that's just not the case and with this new (to me anyway) evidence, you'd be absolutely best served by admitting that your ambition got the best of you in this situation and make a clear and consice apology for those actions. If you do that, I can see your supporters treating it as an isolated case of bad judgement, if you can not, I don't know how anyone can stand behind a selfish tactic like this. That is my opinion on the subject as much or as little as it may mean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back