• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My Country is Better Than Yours

Australia

• Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

• Oi! Oi! Oi!

• Booooo!!!!!

• USA!! HO!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Name an Aussie world Champ in Pro Wrestling. That is why I mentioned Pat O'Connor. He was a big Draw he set a record for the time the number lasted for 20 years or something. That was in the US at the very least.

And you want F1 Spiral. There is a Kiwi that is going to be in the F1 in a couple years. Combine in the fact that New Zealand has a long history of Motorsport glory. There is a Team in the F1 circuit, big famous team. Maclaren ring any bells.

And That is rich coming from you Spiral saying New Zealand makes claims on tenuous links. When Aussies claim the Pavlova (Invented in New Zealand, Historical Records Show this), Phar Lap (Died in Aussie but it was born and Raised in New Zealand), Shihad, Split Enz, Dragon and a few other New Zealand Bands.

What the FUCK has that country ever given the world of value? Seriously? Kangaroos? Hilarious accents? Ugly as sin semi-Brits? Please.

We've given you countless bands, xfear. AC/DC, INXS, Midnight Oil, The Easybeats (should you have heard of the last two bands that is...you are a music buff, you should have.) You Americans also import Australian foods and resources most likely. What else? Countless landmarks that shitloads of tourists come to see? Also, Australia has produced some of the great sportspeople of all time. So, that's what I see Australia has given. What's America given? Obesity, for a start. But really, when you're a country of...how many? You've got to have more to give than a country of only 20 million.

How can Aussies be proud of the fact that their country was England's personal prison?

I was under the impression that the US was originally founded by British convicts, too, after they took over the Native's land like we did. A lot of similarities there. So, you're a convict country too. England's convict country that is.

Australia is England's bitch. England is America's bitch. Therefore, America > All.

Is it being someone's "bitch" to have severed ties with them in 1941? Guess not, so Australia can't be England's "bitch". Is it also being someone's "bitch" to withdraw troops from a major USA conflift, i.e. the war in Iraq? I don't think so, anyway. So as much as the US thinks it is the almighty controller over everyone else, it's not like that completely.

Simple math really. Because every country would or currently does bend over and take it hard in the ass from America. Except for China and Saudi Arabia pretty much, but if we truly wanted to, we could destroy those two countries. Yes, China has a huge army and other nuclear toys...we have twice as much, and we have twice as many allies. Israel would help us nuke China into the stone age with no questions asked. So would Pakistan if Musharraf was still in charge.

Since when was being able to destroy other countries a good thing? And Cuba seemed to give you guys a bit of a handful back in the day, CUBA! What chance would you stand with your overestimated stock of nuclear weapons against China and other middle eastern countries? What also happens if Russia goes back to their 'old ways'? America's not so powerful then. It's countries like America (well, it IS America) that's going to eventually destroy the entire world...yep, you are the almighty, smartest people on earth.

This 'bending over' stopped long ago. All the US does now is drag us into their problems and say that they are 'protecting' us.

That doesn't make us a better place to live, but we certainly are at the very top of the food chain on Earth. Theres no argument against this.

I still say that China is the top of the food chain, more exports, more people, bigger army. The US puts itself on a pedastal, no doubt about it.

Name an Aussie world Champ in Pro Wrestling. That is why I mentioned Pat O'Connor. He was a big Draw he set a record for the time the number lasted for 20 years or something. That was in the US at the very least.

I already told you that NZ was superior in wrestling on the basis that one guy (along with the Bushwhackers, if they were Kiwi, which I think they were, except one of them was Aussie...but that's beside the point because as I said, if you call a particular country home, then that country can claim you, so they were Kiwi), what more do you want out of that topic? We're superior in several other sports, not because of one or two people, but because we have been consistently good at the sports for years.

And you want F1 Spiral. There is a Kiwi that is going to be in the F1 in a couple years. Combine in the fact that New Zealand has a long history of Motorsport glory. There is a Team in the F1 circuit, big famous team. Maclaren ring any bells.

No, I don't want F1. I sort of implied that I don't care about motorsport in general...well, not so much implied...But yes, the Kiwis might have some success in F1, but we already have a F1 racer (Webber), who has probably never come anywhere other than 3rd, but still...McLaren? Well done, you made a successful car. So did several other countries throughout history. We made the Holden, so therefore, while McLaren may be the superior car, making a car doesn't bring your country close to Australia.

And That is rich coming from you Spiral saying New Zealand makes claims on tenuous links. When Aussies claim the Pavlova (Invented in New Zealand, Historical Records Show this), Phar Lap (Died in Aussie but it was born and Raised in New Zealand), Shihad, Split Enz, Dragon and a few other New Zealand Bands.

It's not our fault. If nearly all those people didn't ditch New Zealand for Australia, and then call themselves Australian, then they have a right to be remembered as Australians. Yeah, they were born in New Zealand, but what matters is where they became famous...And it's not only us that calls some Kiwis as Australians, it's the US too. Russel Crowe, etc.

Still, what is something that is seen as uniquely Kiwi? Other than sheep...I'm struggling to find something.

We've given you countless bands, xfear. AC/DC, INXS, Midnight Oil, The Easybeats (should you have heard of the last two bands that is...you are a music buff, you should have.)

Australia has produced a few good rock bands. AC/DC, Radio Birdman, The Saints, and INXS are about the only good ones though. Midnight Oil is decently good, but the Easybeats are pretty bad.

Now, compare that to the hundreds of amazing American rock bands, and the US wins in the music department.

You Americans also import Australian foods and resources most likely.

What foods or resources do we import from Australia? Probably less then 5% of our imports I'm guessing.

What else? Countless landmarks that shitloads of tourists come to see?

What famous landmarks does Australia have that anybody who doesn't live in Australia knows about? You ask your average joe to name an Australian landmark, there probably going to draw a blank. Ask them to name an American landmark, and even an Estonian who's never been to America would be able to name our landmarks; the Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc.

Also, Australia has produced some of the great sportspeople of all time.

ROFL. What sportspeople? I don't care how many great "sportspeople" Australia has produced, America has produced 10 times as many.

What's America given? Obesity, for a start. But really, when you're a country of...how many? You've got to have more to give than a country of only 20 million.

America has given everything you've just named, times ten. There is nothing that Australia can do better then America, except maybe catch kangaroos or tell atrocious and uncomprehendable stand-up comedy.

I was under the impression that the US was originally founded by British convicts, too, after they took over the Native's land like we did. A lot of similarities there. So, you're a convict country too. England's convict country that is.

...Umm...dude...what? What school did you go to? I sincerely hope they didn't teach you that America was founded by British convicts, because it wasn't. At all.

America were colonies of the British empire. Not prisoners. They weren't hauled into giant prisons covering the country like you Aussies were.

I'm actually rather scared that someone taught you such incredibly incorrect history.

Is it being someone's "bitch" to have severed ties with them in 1941? Guess not, so Australia can't be England's "bitch".

You'll always be England's bitch. Forever.

Is it also being someone's "bitch" to withdraw troops from a major USA conflift, i.e. the war in Iraq?

Yes, Australia pulled out all 7 of their troops. How ever are we going to continue to fight?

I don't think so, anyway. So as much as the US thinks it is the almighty controller over everyone else, it's not like that completely.

Because we kind of are. We are the NUMBER ONE SUPERPOWER ON EARTH. That kind of makes you our bitch. If we wanted to start a war with Australia, Australia would be wiped off of the map in about 2 weeks.

Since when was being able to destroy other countries a good thing?

It's not really. But it's a sign of superiority. Which is what I thought this topic was about.

And Cuba seemed to give you guys a bit of a handful back in the day, CUBA!

ROFL, dude who has been teaching you history for real? This is quite hilarious to hear an Aussie educating me on my own country's history, and doing so incorrectly. Cuba gave us a handful? When? During the Bay of Pigs, one of the most flawed and poorly planned invasions ever created? The only reason that the Bay of Pigs didn't work was because JFK didn't want to send in air support. If he wanted to, we could've made Cuba our bitch. But he didn't want to. He backed off.

What chance would you stand with your overestimated stock of nuclear weapons against China and other middle eastern countries?

Quite a good chance, considering how many allies we have, and considering half of the world's superpowers would be on our side to easily brush off an attack by China or Iran.

What also happens if Russia goes back to their 'old ways'? America's not so powerful then. It's countries like America (well, it IS America) that's going to eventually destroy the entire world...yep, you are the almighty, smartest people on earth.

Nothing I hate more then your average Aussie/European/Kiwi laughing at us "dumb redneck Americans" and how stuck-up we are.

I'm sorry that our country is superior to yours in every possible barameter. I truly am.

I still say that China is the top of the food chain, more exports, more people, bigger army. The US puts itself on a pedastal, no doubt about it.

ROFL. Please, seriously? No. The US is THE NUMBER ONE SUPERPOWER. You can't argue with that. How could you? That's like arguing that Hulk Hogan wasn't the biggest draw in wrestling history. It's just not going to work for you.

China is in no way at the top of the food chain, and if you read into their current political climate, you'd see how much of an absolute hell hole China is to live in.

USA > All. Fact.

What famous landmarks does Australia have that anybody who doesn't live in Australia knows about? You ask your average joe to name an Australian landmark, there probably going to draw a blank. Ask them to name an American landmark, and even an Estonian who's never been to America would be able to name our landmarks; the Statue of Liberty, Mt. Rushmore, etc.

Actually I can name a couple of Australian Landmarks. The Sydney Opera House, Then Great Barrier Reef, and Mount Kosicusko to name a few

I said your average joe, and Ech buddy, you are anything but average.

Mount Kosicusko

Where? I have never heard of it. And I live across the ditch from Aus. And Yes X History that is taught in Australia is flawed. Same as History taught in New Zealand. But History taught in Australia is even more flawed because they believe an Exagerration.

Where? I have never heard of it. And I live across the ditch from Aus. And Yes X History that is taught in Australia is flawed. Same as History taught in New Zealand. But History taught in Australia is even more flawed because they believe an Exagerration.

Tallest Mountain peak in Australia I believe

145c.jpg

Purdy. :lmao:

Mt. McKinley pwns it.

Wow.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo