• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most Underrated Superstar In The WWE

I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't see how someone can say Sin Cara, Ziggler, and Alex Riley(Seriously?? What do you want for him? A world title run? He isn't that damn special.), and not think of William freakin' Regal. He is one of the greatest in-ring technicians the business has ever seen(look up Regal v. Benoit. You'll be in for a treat;)), has great mic skills, and can play any character given from the evil dictator to a comedy guy. I personally find it revolting that Regal has not even held the strap for a month, and Miz has been champion for six. Regal, by far.

To me the most underrated superstar in my opinion has to be Justin Gabriel because he has a great finisher and he was great in the Nexus by doing the 450 splash on people like John Cena, Ricky Steamboat, Vince Mcmahon and many more, in my opinion he needs a big push.

Santino has more charisma than 90% of the roster and he's very talented in the ring. He was more over than midcard faces during his "feud" with Sheamus last year and he's good enough to be a consistent midcarder/occasional main event talent but they just have him jobbing for no reason

I say John Morrison. His
talent and how amazing
and exciting he is in the
ring shows why WWE
should definitely push
him to the WWE
Championship. If he
develops better mic skills
he'll be an amazing
superstar for years to
come. They've always
given Miz the push he
deserved, so I believe
that it's Morrison's time
to be pushed to some
title in the near future.
Who's your most
underrated?

John Morrison is very, very talented. Like you said, he needs work on the mic. IMO he needs major work on the mic and his character to be pushed to the next level. With that in mind, I wouldn't put him as the most underrated superstar in the E. IMO, i would give that title to Drew McIntyre. Sure, Drew had a nice IC title run, but since he has been dropped down to Superstars tv show level with an occasional appearance on RAW or SD. I think hes great in the ring, has a believable character, and is good on the mic (could get better though). VKM once claimed him to be a future world champ, and I see it too. They need to give him a nice push as a Sinister Scotsman heel, and throw in Roddy Piper as his manager and you could have something good.

I get that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't see how someone can say Sin Cara, Ziggler, and Alex Riley(Seriously?? What do you want for him? A world title run? He isn't that damn special.), and not think of William freakin' Regal. He is one of the greatest in-ring technicians the business has ever seen(look up Regal v. Benoit. You'll be in for a treat;)), has great mic skills, and can play any character given from the evil dictator to a comedy guy. I personally find it revolting that Regal has not even held the strap for a month, and Miz has been champion for six. Regal, by far.

Regal does have the perfect package. And he was actually scheduled for a main event push during in my opinion Regal's best year in the WWE 2008. He won the Intercontinental Title. He won King Of The Ring by beating CM Punk in the finals. Regal was gonna get a huge push but his violation of the WWE wellness policy unfortunately stopped that. They should have continued his push after he came back from his suspension but they didn't. The reason I say Ziggler and Swagger is because unlike Regal. They're young and have a lot left in them. I heard that Regal actually announced he will be retiring in the near future during a tour in England? Let's face it it's too late for Regal now.

My pick is Evan Bourne. He is great in the ring but lacking on the Mic. Then again there isn't anyone on the rosters that have stellar mic skills that aren't in either the upper mid card or main event. Jomo is exactly where he should be and is NOT underrated. I hope Evan wins a midcard title during the course of his WWE career. Hell maybe even a world championship I could see Evan achieving.

I would have to say Drew McIntyre.

I love the guys look, he can put on a good match, he's decent enough on the mic to string a good feud together with someone and he seems to have faded ever since his impressive showing in the elimination chamber.

GET HIM ON RAW!

But then again, I'm a complete Drew Mcintyre mark. :lmao:

Tell me about it.:p

For purposes of this discussion, it might be advisable to define what is meant by underrated. Underrated by who? By the fans? By the IWC? By WWE? By the Motion Picture Academy?

If we're talking about being underrated by the company, it would suggest that you're looking at a guy who isn't being used as widely as he should be. By that standard, I don't see how Dolph Ziggler and John Morrison could fit on the list. They get match after match; the company is consistently trying to find a niche for them. How can they be considered underrated?

On the other hand, Drew McIntyre fits what I'm talking about. The only times in the past couple months we've seen him on RAW, he was used as a sacrificial lamb to Shawn Michaels (superkick) and as an afterthought in the Big Show-Mark Henry program. Other than that, we don't even see him on the main shows.

To me, that's underrated, given his ability.

Curt Hawkins and Trent Baretta:

These two are one seriously good talent, that wwe is just wasting.
Curt hawkins needs to be on RAW, he is hella underated, along with trent, he needs to have a feud with someone like cody rhodes. At least turn curt hawkins face, and make him reunite with Zack Ryder.

Check this out right here, look what curt hawkins can do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weW9xw1UOrE

Underrated

Morrison - Should be main event by now...needs more storylines where he can use the stick and show some emotion and just have him do the goddamn chin music already.

Santino - could be one hell of a character if he ever got past the Itardian character. To be honest I prefer the Cobra to the Zig-Zag, but if they wanna make him real then they have to change his move.

Golddust - He could still make storylines with 10 times the interest of half of what we're exposed to on a weekly basis.

Sin Cara - Just kidding, I just wanted to sound stupid too. He's botchy and brand new, he entered with vignettes and drug issues...yea, thats underrated.

Trent Barreta. This guy can put on great matches that should really be seen on smackdown. IDK why WWE wontp ut this guy on TV, fans love cruiserweights, and Trent Barreta is one guy that they can rely on to work a great match. Not too sure about his mic skills, but thats not a big problem because many great cruiserweights weren't so great on the mic (ex Funaki, Jaime Noble, Chavo Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Paul London).

There are a few in my book that are underrated. Justin Gabriel has all the tools to be the AJ Styles the WWE needs to have. A guy who can hang with heavyweights but fly like cruiserweights. Shaemus is 2nd. Why some people ask I chose Shaemus? He has an excellent look and he should have never left the world title picture on either show. He needs to be destroying guys like Kane and Wade Barrett. He is such an excellent transitional character that his US title run was starting to kill his career. My number 3 is Cody Rhodes. Cody has surpassed the mid card level and has shown he can carry a fued like he did with Rey Mysterio. SD! is putting all their stock in Randy and Christian and its getting really tired. I like Randy and I was excited to see Christian with the championship but there needs to be more challengers to the WHC. Mark Henry doesn't count as a main event challenger. He wasn't really relevant before and he is a filler contender just like Ken Anderson was to the WHC at Royal Rumble vs Batista.

Drew Mcintyre. He is so good in the ring, and so good on the mic. Yet he isn't even in the mid-card anymore. This guy is so under-rated by the WWE and should even be in the world title picture. They have even dropped 'the chosen one' from him. He is so good, but i can see him getting released by the WWE in the near future.

Drew McIntyre by far. He has the look, ring skills, and charisma. The only thing he's lacking is a push. I can't help but believe that WWE has something big for him on the backburner, unless he's being punished for his ex-wife's drama in LA about a year back.

I think Ted Dibiase Jr. is the most underrated in WWE. Diabiase came into the WWE with bang. I definately saw him as a rising star because he had the look, chops on the mic, and the charisma. He was paired up with Cody & Orton, and I immediately saw shades of the "Evolution Randy" in him. But soon after they broke up he was given a lame ass push.

Y'all may disagree, but I simply think Dibiase would've been wayyy better then Del Rio if he was given a Richie Rich type gimmick. I can see Dibiase being the young arrogant, 100K car driving heel, throwing his trust fund money around to buy his way to the top.

Drew mcintyre, this guys great! good ring skill, look, decent mic skills(needs work). He was drafted to RAW and isint even in a mid card fued. On SD this guy was even main eventing on occasions. WWE cant even build him to have him as back up or something. I dont know how they cant see the power drew holds. Its probably the wife issue he had...

Sean O'haire. He had the look, the build, was pretty decent in the ring. When paired up with Roddy Piper there was nobody hotter but after Piper got fired he just lost all steam. I really think had he stuck around he'd be a multi time World / WWE champion. Just a great talent that didn't stick around long enough to see his big break.

I would have to say Justin Gabriel because when the nexus first came to raw he stood out, he had the best finisher and honestly by now i hoped he would be doing better.

my vote for most underrated would be Tyson Kidd.. His match with Daniel Bryan last Friday on Smackdown was just a small showing of what hes capable of.. that match had a real old school feel to it.. a Brett vs Owen like feel.. and even though it was old school it still definitely looked like a match taking place in 2011.

T. Kidd has a great look.. he has all the skills.. hell.. hes not too bad on the mic either.. guys like him.. Cody Rhodes.. Daniel Bryan.. Dibiase.. Justin Gabriel.. Jack Swagger.. Johnny Curtis.. Zack Ryder.. i mean the list goes on and on.. we could really have one hell of an Intercontinental Title Division if the WWE does things correctly.. and by the looks of it.. theyre in the process of doing just that by making all titles credible again.. The rebuilding of the prestige of the IC belt begins with Cody Rhodes winning it and sending Ezekial Jackson to the back of the line... where he belongs.. and hell.. even having him in the hunt for the IC belt wouldnt bother me... People complain about the roster.. but take a real close look at it.. the mid card maybe the best its been since the days of Honky Tonk, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Rick Martel.. etc..

ok.. I drifted off topic enough.. but yeah.. Tyson Kidd is my vote :)

Santino Marella. He's probably one of the best things going in the WWE today. There was a time when I was none too fond of Mr. Marella (in my angry youth days) but since then I've come to truly appreciate his work. He's absolutely hilarious, charismatic like a boss, and can work a fantastic match. Unfortunately, he generally just has great matches on Superstars that nobody talks about and when he makes his odd Raw appearance it's just to job. It's a shame, because he's gotten so much better than the days when he was featured regularly with Maria, Beth, or when he was IC Champion. I feel he's really hit the groove with his comedy and he really can wrestle. Definitely a guy who doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He's kind of similar to Zack Ryder, except everybody is always talking about Ryder (not undeservedly, of course) in that he's got an amazing character who can wrestle really well but doesn't get any airtime. Not to mention that Ryder totally stole his webshow gimmick from Santino's Casa.

Santino Marella. He's probably one of the best things going in the WWE today. There was a time when I was none too fond of Mr. Marella (in my angry youth days) but since then I've come to truly appreciate his work. He's absolutely hilarious, charismatic like a boss, and can work a fantastic match. Unfortunately, he generally just has great matches on Superstars that nobody talks about and when he makes his odd Raw appearance it's just to job. It's a shame, because he's gotten so much better than the days when he was featured regularly with Maria, Beth, or when he was IC Champion. I feel he's really hit the groove with his comedy and he really can wrestle. Definitely a guy who doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He's kind of similar to Zack Ryder, except everybody is always talking about Ryder (not undeservedly, of course) in that he's got an amazing character who can wrestle really well but doesn't get any airtime. Not to mention that Ryder totally stole his webshow gimmick from Santino's Casa.

Pretty much what I was thinking. This guy has so much talent. Might be this is his gimmick but the guy can go in the ring if allowed to. May be Santino can become at least an IC/US champ again. Wishful thinking.

Curt Hawkins - The guy has the look and style of such a natural heel. He had a great series of matches with Trent Barretta. He has shown from his numerous tag teams that he can work a great style with just about anybody. To be honest he's far better in the ring than Zack Ryder is and I would say if he was given a chance, would probably be better on the mic than Zack. Curt is one of my favourite wrestlers in WWE right now and it's a real shame that he's been lost in the shuffle. He's only 26 years old and WWE is really missing the boat by not signing him.

Trent Barretta - Such a great style this kid can work. He's only 23/24 and is reminiscent of an early Jeff Hardy but with a more technical style to him. He's got a ton of charisma if you watch his FCW stuff and when he was in the Dudebusters(Very underused team) he showed us how well he can speak. He got me actually invested in Drew McIntyre that one month when they faced off a couple of times. He has shown his great in-ring skills whenever he gets himself on Superstars and if you don't believe me then watch any of his matches with Curt Hawkins or him and the Uso's vs. Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater & Tyson Kidd.

Ted Dibiase. With Cody Rhodes in Legacy, everyone saw him as the breakout star. When they split, Ted took on the 'Priceless' character trying to feed off his fathers fame. Cody Rhodes was given a new persona and ran with it. Now, we see the flop the 'Priceless' character was. Now, he's back with Cody trying to give him something to do because WWE clearly has no idea. I think he's the most underrated superstar. Because of bad booking and no intention of giving him a fresh, new character, he hasn't gone anywhere for quite sometime. He's back to where he started, but this time he's Cody's sidekick. A few years ago, I would have thought the roles would be reversed.

How is Evan Bourne Underrated?? What could he possibly do? Be a Rey Mysterio? I think not because he doesn't have a good gimmick like Rey. I couldn't see Punk vs. Bourne or even Miz vs. Bourne. Evan is a small highflyer who can wow the crowds. He may be suitable for a IC or US Championship Reign but nothing more. I can only see him in a tag team type situation with another highflyer ala MCMG. Evan Bourne has not Mic Skills AT ALL

Wade Barrett isn't underrated either he will get shots.

I would have to say Zack Ryder (lol). He has last time I checked 50,000+ YouTube subscriptions. He if pushed could capitalize off of that popularity and make a name for himself. He has the charisma to do so. I think his Gimmick may hold him back. Woo Woo Woo

The Usos. They have the look of a real tag team. From the very few matches I have seen of them, they look solid enough in the ring. I feel that they could make a decent run in the tag division if only they have another team to play off of. They could use more work on their promos though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back