• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Most overrated Wrestlemania of all time

rockofhysteria

Occasional Pre-Show
This thread is to see which wrestlemania you think is the most overrated and please give reasons why good examples for a vote would be you didnt think a match lived up to the hype and therefore hurt that particular Wrestlemania. I will start things off with my pick which is Wrestlemania 2

I think this one if overrated for a number of reasons mainly though its cause I thought overall it was boring most of the matches in my opinion werent good at all i think the one i hated the most was a tag match between JYD and Tito Santana and Terry Funk and Hoss Funk(Dory Funk Jr). plus I wasnt impressed with the WWF and NFL battle royal either It was obvious to me from the getgo that Andre The Giant was gonna. win. The Piper vs Mr T boxing match to me sucked mainly cause of MR T. I was never a fan of his anyways. but that phantom punch he threw made me like him even less. And I also didnt like the Main event I thought Hogan and Bundy were both pretty bad in the cage overall I definately Think Wrestlemania 2 is the most overrated Wrestlemania of all time.

Wrestlemania 2000.

Hyped up as the WWF bringing professional wrestling into the new millenium, this Wrestlemania was good, but not nearly as good as it could / should have been. And here is why.

1. The Pre-game. Actually, all the full-day WM retrospective special did was make me realize that Ivory should have been a full-time commentator and make me sick of Wrestlemania moments. I lied, I never get sick of them, but still.

2. The opener. The upstart team of Big Boss Man and Bull Buchanan vs The Godfather and D'Lo Brown. Godfather and D'Lo's entrance was CLASSIC, with the overload of ho's, white suits with boas, and of course, Ice-T performing the entrance theme for Godfather. That momentum lasted less than 10 minutes as Buchanan pinned Brown after hitting a Guillotine Legdrop. Buchanan got pushed for a few weeks and went no where. Total buzzkill.

3. Hardcore Battle Royal. Here, you have a 15-minute title match with TEN TITLE CHANGES! Hardcore wrestlers such as Tazz, Holly, and Viscera were pinned after single blows to the head with cookie sheets. This 15 minutes was the single most egregeous diminutization of a North American wrestling title in history.

4. Head Cheese vs T&A. Not bad, another fun up-and-coming team beaten by the upstart heels. Forgettable match.

5. 3-way Tag Ladder Match. Again, high spots saved the show. The real feud was between the Hardyz and Dudleyz, but E&C were the champs (though the New Age Outlaws were the toast of the tag division at the time). E&C also retained and the two men solidified themselves as masters of the ladder match.

6. Kat vs Terri. Waste of time and space, this was a crap divas match with odd Mae Young and Moolah interference. Val Venis began his descent into obscurity as the referee.

7. Too Cool and Chyna vs The Radicalz. Ah, what a waste of talent this was. Saturn, Malenko, and Guerrero vs Scotty 2 Hotty, Grandmaster Sexay, and Chyna. Blah blah blah. And the boot, Chyna hits Eddie with a powerbomb and kills him, along side the momentum of The Radicalz. If a face team needed a win, why not D'Lo and Godfather?

8. Angle vs Jericho vs Benoit. Actually a good match with a neat concept. Angle comes in as the "Eurocontinental Champion" and both falls occuring between Jericho and Benoit. As a result, Angle never gets pinned and never submits, but loses two belts. Awesome booking here, because it got two belts off of angle without diminishing him at all, and allowed him to play the whiny heel card. This match was better for the AFTERMATH, though, than for the match. It started more than it finished.

9. Kane and Rikishi vs X-Pac and Road Dogg. Short, pointless 5-minute match, though Pete Rose coming out as the San Diego Chicken to attack Kane, only for ANOTHER tombstone was classic stuff.

10. Rock vs HHH vs Foley vs Show. "A McMahon in Every Corner." And I ask, WHY!? This was Mick Foley's farewell match having lost the WWF Title Match / HIAC to HHH earlier. Show was totally railed down less than 5 minutes in after The Rock (who HAD won the Royal Rumble mind you) pinned him. Pathetic. It took 15 minutes for the next elimination, when HHH AGAIN pinned Foley, sending him away. This was a terrible sendoff for Mick, because a) the McMahon storyline detracted from it, and b) the match wasn't even over at this point. Then, after 36 minutes, Vince ruins the match by hitting The Rock with a chair and giving HHH the win and title retention. What a mess.

Wrestlemania 2000 was BY FAR the most overrated, overhyped, and underdelivering WrestleMania in history, with Wrestlemania 9 coming in at a close 2nd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back