• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

More False Hope for the Guns?

MCMG are Tna's best team period!!!!!!!!!!! I am still waiting for them to get the belts and I they manged to get the tag belts then TNA would easily get a t.v draw off 2.0 everytime the guns had the belts.

TNA needs a success card to beat WWE and the guns are that card as well as Desmond:worship:

Since I am from the city of Detroit, I would love to see my Home Boys get the titles. They are to good of a Tag Team not to be the TNA World Tag Team Champions. Sure they might be undersized but they have the heart and attitudes to be champions!!!! So give them the chance to prove that they are championship pedigree...

The key here is not to get Kazarian'd at some point in the next three weeks worth of iMPACT! episodes.

The fact 3D are holding as relevant a position in the division as they are right now certainly smells of doom for the MCMG, as just like the last time they were #1 contenders for the TNA Tag Team Championships, they were Kazarian'd after a web-match with 3D, and eventually lost said spot.

I'd love to be wrong here, but if in a week or two they somehow lose a match who's stipulation entails the #1 contendersship being on the line, I certainly won't be surprised.

The Guns are like Jeff Hardy when he was in WWE chasing the championship. They can never reach the brass ring so to speak. The good thing is that Team 3D will be feuding against Ink Inc. so hopefully we won't have to see them in the tag title picture. The sad thing is that the Machine Guns title shot will be lost in some stupid television match on Impact or they will lose in a DQ or no contest match.

I have a feeling that The Band will be tag champs for a while unfortunately. With Eric Young causing interference there is no way Motor City will have a chance of getting a win. I would rather see a Beer Money vs. MCMG feud then anything. Hall and Nash shouldn't even be in the same ring as the Machine Guns at this day and age. Maybe TNA will prove us wrong and finally give Motor City the title shot they deserve, but I doubt it.

I would like to see the MCMGs finally win the tag team titles as well, but it seems like everytime they get the opportunity they lose the match.

I just hope when they finally get their title match they win the titles.

TNA's tag team scene currently bears a strong resemblence to the WWE's, which is pretty much non existant. TNA has some very good tag teams which in turn could (and has in the past) make for a very competitive tag team division. Instead, we had Matt Morgan holding the titles and now The Band.

How does a team like the MCMG fit in? The answer is: they don't. I would love to see TNA put the tag belts on these guys and let them have a decent run- a fued with Generation Me would be outstanding. I'm not holding my breath for it. The MCMG are the fallguys of the TNA tag team scene. They have been the #1 contenders on numerous occasions with nothing to show for it.

I like the Machine Guns as well, but I just don't see them winning the belts anytime soon. Why? People like to see them chase the gold. They seem to be a better chase team. It's like they say, "The Chase is Better than the Catch". Not to say they will never be champions or that they aren't good enough to do so either. It will happen and when it does, it will be a big deal. I do think they would be better suited to hold the cold than Hall and Nash are. Those guys just look horrid in the ring anymore. It's really sad.

My question for TNA is: Will MCMG ever win the tag titles?

They have won so many no. 1 contender matches and have had a shed loads of title matches, but they have never won the titles...is there something wrong with them?
Knowing TNA they will probably have this match this week on iMPACT!!

It's kinda stupid what TNA have done with these guys over the years...

The only titles I have seen them with are the junior IWGP tag titles..

So now people complain that the guns won this time because they think they will lose again like in the past? It is quite odd how TNA fans react to getting what they want, that being find a new reason to complain. The guns are entertaining in the ring for sure but they are overrated in practically every other way to measure a prowrestler. The marks that talk about their awesome mic skills crack me up. They can do good stuff on the mic in a well-planned staged environment. However, their style is not exactly one that has mass appeal even in the controlled environment and put them on a mic when it requires interaction with either a wrestler or ad libbing with the fans and they are lost. That aside I am still a fan, just not to the extent of many and call me crazy but I think they have a shot this time.

Here are some reasons it might be different this time. TNA specifically booked them to win in the opening match it would seem because they knew it would hype up the crowd, so they are aware that many fans want to see MCMG get that elusive title run. If they wanted to see that pop then maybe they would like to see the one if they won the belts. In that match they looked quite strong facing teams TNA has been pushing recently both young and legendary. They would likely face a team with Kevin Nash on it. Nash did a lot of work with the x-division in the past and might have talked Hogan into giving the kids a chance and wants to help them get over. They even had MCMG taking it to the wolfpac until EY got involved in one of the recent impacts.

Hogans been there for what, 0.1% of the entire time the guns have been at TNA but he's responsible for they're lack of title runs?

Axe to grind much?

Ever considered the fact they dont have a track record of drawing money as singles or tags?

Nah nah its all Hogan cos you smarks cant be wrong

Hogan has never been big on smaller guys that's pretty common knowledge if you ever here him on Bubba's radio show.

Has Matt Morgan ever drawn money? Has the Band Drawn money in the last 15 years? Nobody has made money for TNA.

They are hugely popular with the TNA fans. I don't think it's all Hogan's fault but you have to be blind not to see that most people getting pushes are tied up with Hogan in some way.

I can tell you for a fact that TNA views the Guns as nothing more than talented fun to watch X division guys. They don't see them as headliners or potential headliners. They might get the tag titles at some point but they won't go over guys that have a bigger physical look than them (like Morgan/Hernandez). They may go over Hall/Nash/Young just for the "look at our guys they can beat these top players" status, but I think even that is pushing it.

The thing with MCMG though is that they are the "cool" team. They are the fanbase that TNA and wrestling as a whole wants. I've said it many time before, I think that Alex Shelley has the potential to be a Jericho like character. If you're asking why haven't they done anything, the answer is because TNA just want to push them so far, no further.

Can people stop with this "draw" "over" and merchandise sales talk if they have absolutely nothing to back it up with.

I laughed pretty hard when some guy in this thread acted as if it would be devastating to have the MCMG as champs because they have to go toe to toe with the WWE. First off, that's over.. second off they are tag team champs, they aren't exactly flag holders for a company and if that were the case they match up pretty damn well with the Hart Dynasty.

Reactions: gd
Hogan has never been big on smaller guys that's pretty common knowledge if you ever here him on Bubba's radio show.

Has Matt Morgan ever drawn money? Has the Band Drawn money in the last 15 years? Nobody has made money for TNA.

They are hugely popular with the TNA fans. I don't think it's all Hogan's fault but you have to be blind not to see that most people getting pushes are tied up with Hogan in some way.

Don't care if he is or isn't; If they drew money or made any difference to the ratings they would get their push for the belts. Period.

Them and some of the others alluded to by yourself were not being used to the extent being suggested they should be before Hogan got there - so where does that leave your theory? Frankly, where it belongs, lost in amongst other smark nonsense.

Can people stop with this "draw" "over" and merchandise sales talk if they have absolutely nothing to back it up with.

I laughed pretty hard when some guy in this thread acted as if it would be devastating to have the MCMG as champs because they have to go toe to toe with the WWE. First off, that's over.. second off they are tag team champs, they aren't exactly flag holders for a company and if that were the case they match up pretty damn well with the Hart Dynasty.

No, we cant stop talking about drawing money or ratings or being over. Its the only reason a wrestler does what they do; to make money.

And I wouldnt bring it up if people didnt talk like the guns are the same level as other tag teams that did transcend the main event guys and did make money.

Just cos they sold 50 jerseys the last time you went to a TNA live event doesnt mean they're gonna draw more than any other team.

Did you ask how many 3D shirts were left? or BAND shirts? or Hogan shirts?

doubt it - no-one likes being slapped in the face with how wrong they are

I will say this on last time and loudly and clearly;

I. ENJOY. THERE. WORK. BUT. THEY. HAVE. NEVER. DONE. ANYTHING. TO. WARRANT. THIS. KIND. OF. TALK.

Im begging you to give me tangible evidence to the contrary not just your opinion please

I can tell you for a fact that TNA views the Guns as nothing more than talented fun to watch X division guys. They don't see them as headliners or potential headliners. They might get the tag titles at some point but they won't go over guys that have a bigger physical look than them (like Morgan/Hernandez). They may go over Hall/Nash/Young just for the "look at our guys they can beat these top players" status, but I think even that is pushing it.

The thing with MCMG though is that they are the "cool" team. They are the fanbase that TNA and wrestling as a whole wants. I've said it many time before, I think that Alex Shelley has the potential to be a Jericho like character. If you're asking why haven't they done anything, the answer is because TNA just want to push them so far, no further.

First part I whole heartily agree with. The second part I agree with the first half but I have to say, we've all been sitting here talking for months about TNA's poor ratings. So if the guns are over with TNA's entire fanbase (or the majority of it) how many is that in the context of the whole business? less than 2 thirds - maybe even less?

They are a very good Indy level tag team, nothing more, nothing less.

And dont bother with " yeah the band are drawing big number arent they haw haw". No-ones made a thread about them going "ZOMG Iz no idea how these guys arent every champ in teh company must post teh whine thread"

I do think they would be better suited to hold the cold than Hall and Nash are.

That's true, I totally agree. At Nash and Hall's age even the common cold can be a danger to their health. The Guns are much younger and healthier so they could fight off a bad cold much better.

Smark it up, you have no verifiable evidence to back it up on either side, especially with TNA. Your basing it off your own biases (either for or against), which unless you have stats or real evidence it's entirely stupid to talk about it anyway.

I never tried to proclaim being over with sales of shirts, wrong guy, It think that's just as foolish. But seriously, what are you backing this up by? They get a pretty strong reaction in the Impact zone despite never being champions and being basically jobbers their entire careers in TNA..

Lol at loudly proclaiming this kind of work.. TNA tag team champions? The one being currently held by two 50 year old guys? One that was previously held by a single guy? I mean really, we aren't talking about them being faces of TNA, we're talking about a lower level belt in a tag team division with maybe 3-4 legit tag teams. I guess giving them such prestigious belts that have been held by such greats as the British Invasion, Consequences Creed to the MCMG would really bring the company down, not the ******ed storylines, old men taking out the top heels in the company, etc.

It does seem pointless for TNA to keep giving the MCMG title shots if they end up losing them or squandaring them on Impact, but maybe that's the ruse, maybe (and hopefully) they make us believe the Guns will never win the belts and they give it to them.

the machine guns are the best team in the usa right now no one can touch them in the tag team world, and please nobody say the beer money, because they aren't in the same league, but since hogan and bischoff have come in they are just around for a match or two then do nothing for a week or two, therefore killing of any potential of a real feud with anyone, however they may get a chance to finally get a break, under the hogan regime, as they are ready to feud with the band, and any body who feud's with the band is bound to get regular tv time.

medz: ain't that right hogan

hogan: that's right brotha!.

So it looks like Matt Morgan is getting a tag title shot at Slammiversary. I don't even think the Guns were on TV this week. What's up with that? You'd think the fact that they won a number 1 contender's match would mean they'd be involved with the champs in some way, or at least be seen on TV. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Seriously TNA, come on now. At this point I'm not hoping that they when the titles, just that they at least get a match.

So it looks like Matt Morgan is getting a tag title shot at Slammiversary. I don't even think the Guns were on TV this week. What's up with that? You'd think the fact that they won a number 1 contender's match would mean they'd be involved with the champs in some way, or at least be seen on TV. Just doesn't make any sense to me. Seriously TNA, come on now. At this point I'm not hoping that they when the titles, just that they at least get a match.

I was thinking about this when I was watching Imapct the other night. I hope the Guns will get their shot at TNA's next ppv because if they wait too long, then there's a chance people won't care anymore. There are times when I forget the Guns had earned a #1 contender's spot because you hardly ever see them on Impact, and it's not like TNA goes out of their to mention them every now and then.

I am starting to wonder if TNA seriously thinks the fans are stupid enough to forget that the Guns won a No. 1 contenders match at the last PPV, but then (it seems) flush it away and have Matt Morgan take over. I am also starting to doubt the Guns will ever hold tag team gold from the way TNA's pissing on them.

Better have them show up next week...maybe remind Morgan that they have their title shots and then fight him for the rightful No. 1 contender's spot at the PPV?

But again, if TNA thinks we're this stupid, they need to get a reality check.

If anyone remembers Matt Morgan lost the title and wanted a rematch before the the Guns won their number 1 contenders match. Someone will screw Morgan over at the PPV and the Guns will face the Band at the next PPV.

If anyone remembers Matt Morgan lost the title and wanted a rematch before the the Guns won their number 1 contenders match. Someone will screw Morgan over at the PPV and the Guns will face the Band at the next PPV.

That's all well and good, but having them at least show up on Impact in some form for even 30 seconds would make sense. Wouldn't it? I'm not crazy here, right?

In case you didn't know, no MCMGs again this week, at least I don't think so. How #1 Contender's can be off TV for two straight weeks is perplexing, to say the least. Curious as to a possible explanation other than "TNA's stupid"

Who are these Guns you guys are talking about? I thought hey made their way back to ROH already, ya know, after not being on a broadcast since Sacrifice.

My last infraction expires soon, so meh, I'll take another for the lulz. Sorry if it makes more work for you Lariat.

So coming back to this again, I made this thread about a month ago. How many seconds of TV time have Shelley and Sabin gotten since then? According to my calculations that'd be about zero. This is getting quite, quite ridiculous.

Even if the Guns weren't the #1 Contender's you'd think they should get at least some TV time, considering they're two of the most entertaining workers in wrestling today. But the fact that they are the #1 Contender's and still aren't completely forgotten is more than stupid. I plan on coming back here each and every week to pointlessly vent.

Yeah, it baffles me to no end how guys like Kevin Nash and Scott Hall (who is a prime example of an unreliable worker) get to hold the TNA Tag Team Championship while guys like Shelley and Sabin are buried time and time again...even after consistently putting on great/exciting matches. These two guys are sinfully overlooked in TNA and they've been a Tag Team for a long time. It seems that every other Tag Team besides them are running with the gold, which is completely unfair. I can't even think of another Tag Team in TNA that has stacked up as many #1 contender's victories as them.

Reactions: gd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back