• Neville (If he returns)

• Baron Corbin

• Rusev

• Finn Balor (If he debuts)

• Other (Who)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
So WWE Money In The Bank PPV will take place on 19 June, 2016. We have two more PPVs before it in the form of Payback on 1 May and after 3 weeks of it, Extreme Rules.

It may be look like too soon but still I want to know that who according to you, should win the Money In The Bank briefcase this year?

I am myself confused on whom would I want the most to win this briefcase. I would love either of the following to win. Here are the guys whom I would want to win:

*. Cesaro~ He has been on fire since his return. He has always delivered good matches. Since his return, He has been connecting with the audience much effectively. By the way, His entrance and tearaway suit is just awesome. I don't think that Cesaro will ever win the ultimate title but still what's the bad in hoping it? He surely deserves the strap.

*. AJ Styles~ The Phenomenal One has been pretty good since his debut. Minus his defeat to Jericho at Wrestlemania (Huh), He has been a credible face force in WWE. He surely won't win at Payback but what about the briefcase victory for him?

*. Dean Ambrose~ A guy who has been proving the saying Too Close, Yet Too Far! since a long time. Coming up short of a big win is kinda his patented characteristic. I would love his first big victory here.

*. Bray Wyatt~ The guy who starts a random feud, contributes greatly on mic and then loses the feud. He is out due to an injury but he might return in 4-6 weeks from now. This could be a great initiation for him to become a main eventer.

I am still confused on Whom to favour but would like to know your views on Who should win it and Why?

For me, there's a few names I'd like to see win the MiTB Briefcase this year. You've mentioned 3 of them in Cesaro, Wyatt & Ambrose.

However, the other man I'd like to see win the MiTB this year is Kevin Owens. I feel like he'd be a perfect person to hold the case, constantly bragging about the fact he'll be WWE Champion soon, using the briefcase to attack other people etc & just using it to be even more intimidating than usual.

While I was giving choices for the poll, A guy came in my mind whom I forgot to mention and he is:

*. Kevin Owens~ A cocky clever heel and thats suitable for a MITB winner. Has won IC title couple of times and has an ongoing feud with Sami Zayn. He could be the right choice for this year's MITB winner. He is great in ring and mic-skills are good too.

While I was giving choices for the poll, A guy came in my mind whom I forgot to mention and he is:

*. Kevin Owens~ A cocky clever heel and thats suitable for a MITB winner. Has won IC title couple of times and has an ongoing feud with Sami Zayn. He could be the right choice for this year's MITB winner. He is great in ring and mic-skills are good too.

I picked K.O. The MITB would fit him perfectly. A Kevin Owens cash in would be awesome.

I'd like to see Bray Wyatt win it. With him holding it, you'd really believe he can cash it in at any given time with Rowan and Strowman alongside him. It would make every Wyatt Family segment even more must-see than it already is.

Random train of thought while we're on the topic of MITB - I would love to see this year's be comprised of all recent NXT call-ups. Imagine the match being Owens, Zayn, Balor, Crews, Corbin, Neville (if healthy) and Breeze (if they want). Definitely seems like something that is not only plausible, given the current landscape, but would be a fresh and unique take on the match.

I'm pretty sure we've already solidified who the winner is going to be this year. It undoubtedly has to be Kevin Owens. His character right now is above the level of the US Title or IC Title. He's actually always been better than that but you have to build the guy a bit first. This whole thing with Shane basically being a main storyline is the break Owens needs. I'm sure there will be a match against Shane at Extreme Rules since that's Shane's "type of offense" anyway. That will continue the rise of Owens to the MitB win. Owens will obviously remain a heel. I think it's possible Reigns could have a slow turn as a heel so when Rollins comes back, he can take the title off Reigns. They have a solid program. Then Owens cashes in at some point against Rollins. Those matches will be amazing. But I would actually be willing to bet until next year at Mania, the only guys that will hold the WWE Title will be Reigns, Rollins, and Owens.

However, the other man I'd like to see win the MiTB this year is Kevin Owens. I feel like he'd be a perfect person to hold the case, constantly bragging about the fact he'll be WWE Champion soon, using the briefcase to attack other people etc & just using it to be even more intimidating than usual.
This. Owens is the perfect guy to hold the case and something with it.

Styles should remain in title picture as is, as well as Ambrose.

The match itself should be Owens vs Wyatt vs Cesaro vs Ambrose vs Balor vs Zayn

I think MitB should be a new Big 5 PPV, this Pay-Per-View deserve this status, while Survivor Series should be replaced with Elimination Chamber

On the list, it's either Cena or KO

WWE could do this to reinsert Cena right back into the ME, and having him tease with the case would case major "heat" but if it's against Roman, it's going to confuse the crowd so much on whether to boo him or cheer him. It's a dynamic I think that could lead to some entertainment.

and KO is someone that seems to always find a way to get his shot, he comes off as someone who can be a great tease with the case, and it's someone that the WWE can't keep the fans from getting behind.

I think Cesaro is going to get his shots another way, I think Wyatts going to remain in jobber hell, I don't think Seth fits the MITB Gimmick again, he's better off doing a "I never lost the title" storyline. Lesnar is a waste of a MITB, as he can legitimately challenge anytime WWE wants with no need to explain it. Styles is getting his shots now.

The Name on the list that I don't see, that I kind of Expect right behind my top 2, is Roman Reigns. Sorry, WWE just has to keep finding a way to have him win things he doesn't deserve, they might hot potato the title again so he can be an 8 or 9 time champion by the end of the year.

Historically, the elements of a memorable Money in the Bank winner are generally that they're a highly hyped prospect/relatively young talent with a record of delivering, they're someone who has either not won the belt before or whose previous world title reigns are highly unmemorable or in the past, and they're someone in whom the WWE will clearly put total confidence in to make a big run. The people who actually fit this criteria, for me, are Edge, RVD, Punk, Miz, Bryan, and Rollins. The biggest outlier I would argue is Orton, who by the time of his MITB cash in was already a Hall of Famer, but who used it to kick off a major angle and excellent feud with Bryan. It's probably not a coincidence that most of those guys either were heels at the time of cash in or turned heel quickly thereafter - there's just something inherently more interesting about a heel using the case. Guys who are already a bit boring are rarely revitalized by the case (Sheamus, Cena, Ziggler, del Rio, Kane) and guys who the WWE don't place any confidence in usually fail quickly (Swagger, Kennedy, Sandow).

There are a couple of guys on the list that can potentially fit the criteria. AJ or Finn, or both, could either be heels by June or could use the case to turn. Owens is on his way to being the #1 heel in the company. I start to get a little suspicious after that. Lesnar with MITB would be pretty incredible, but aside from him there are too many guys who are just plain better as faces that I would prefer not use MITB, which I really think works best with heels. I think Owens is a great choice - it made the top heel in the company before in Rollins, and with Rollins likely to be face when he comes back, crowning a new one in Owens via MITB makes a lot of sense.

Lesnar won't win it. Won't even be in the match. He would seem against his character to go into a match like that. And if, through some weird series of events, Lesnar does win the briefcase, there'd be no suspense. He'd cash in that same night, no question. Because it's Brock fucking Lesnar. It also doesn't work with Wyatt's character. Wyatt needs a real angle if he's ever going to win the title.

Ambrose and Rollins definitely won't win it. When their time comes, they'll win it clean, as babyfaces, in a big match with plenty of build-up. Not a MitB cash-in. So I'd count them out. Styles, if he ever wins the title, will likely be a similar situation.

Cena winning is only useful if it's put towards putting over a younger champion or furthering an angle, like they did when he cashed in on Punk. So while he's an outside bet, I don't really see it happening. But since Roman will likely be the champion for the forseeable future, there's no way our first Cena vs. Reigns match would be a cash-in. That's a Wrestlemania Main Event in the making. Unless Cena turns heel, which is very unlikely.

Neville, Crews, Corbin, and Rusev aren't ready and/or don't deserve it. Way too soon for those guys.

So that leaves us with KO, Cesaro, Zayn and Finn. I feel like Cesaro is never going to quite make it to the top. He's good, but he seems very B+ player to me. And since MitB is, what, two or three months away, I feel like Finn won't quite be there in time, assuming he debuts next Monday or at Payback. I'd make him favourite for the 2017 MitB though.

So we're finally left with Zayn and KO. It would be an amazing moment for Zayn to win it. Like a more emotional version of when Bryan won it all the way back in 2011. Does Vince have that much faith in him? Hard to tell.

So I'm going to give it to KO. He's got the credibility, Vince seems to trust him, and his entire character is perfect for a heelish MitB cash in and World Title reign. So I'm going to go ahead and say it's KO's year, with Sami as my close second.

I voted other simply for the fact that I want to see New Day as World champ(s).;

MITB we see the Same thing year after year and know what to expect.
With New Day there's so much potential and possibilities that its crazy and would create an unpredictable year. Honestly they don't even have to cash in and win, but I wouldn't want them to break up so that may be an issue.

If not New Day, I guess AJ Styles. Only if Bullet Club becomes a thing in wwe.

Ambrose - if we're getting the Shield Mania Main Event

Styles or Balor - if Bullet Club are being pushed

Owens - made for the MITB briefcase.

KO he can flaunt his new found success even better than Rollins did. His matches will be awesome and he could put some guys over while he has the case.

Y2J we know he will do a great job and it will make him relevant again. He seriously needs to win it. He can disappear with the case for a while and then come back to win the belt for one more epic run.

Some people would pick Cesaro but i'd rather have him win the title at Mania through fair means.

As much as I thought a Shield triple threat would be good for Mania 32 I think the clear winner should be Bray Wyatt. He has been mishandled and mis-booked for quite sometime yet is way over with the crowd. Not sure what this recent "face" look is with him tagging with Reigns but clearly Wyatt is deserving of a World Title run. I would've had him defeat Kalisto for the US Title at Mania to get him his first gold. That belt is being wasted on a tag team wrestler right now. Cena brought legitimacy to that title again and all Kalisto has done is make it a forgotten title again.

Kevin Owens is the man who the briefcase was made for. It suits his persona. I can imagine him just walking around backstage with the briefcase and teasing a cash in at anytime. He is obviously a future champ and I think this briefcase will do wonders for him.

If not him I'd choose Dean Ambrose purely for two reasons:
1) To start the Shield triple threat feud. Rollins wins rumble, Ambrose cashes in on Roman, Roman has his rematch clause. Simple build to an epic clash.

2) He could cash in outside the ring. His lunatic character would completely suit him cashing in at someones home or in the parking lot or while eating etc..

Brock Lesnar never had any time with the briefcase before. The Beast in the background with the case could be interesting. Seeing how limited his time is on T.V, a cash in out of nowhere would be surprising. The case would stay out of the fans minds eventually until he cashes in on Roman or somebody during the Rumble.

I'm going with Kevin Owens. I'm a fan of the guy, as I am with many of the wrestlers on the list, but I think Owens winning fits more with the progression we've seen of his career over the past year. He's had strong feuds against Cena, Ambrose, Ziggler and a few others while winning the Intercontinental Championship twice. Being Mr. Money in the Bank just seems like the right move for Owens, especially when you take into account the calculating heel aspects of his character.

There's only 1 problem with MITB with the exception of JOHN CENA, it's always a FACE that turns HEEL or a HEEL that wins it. That's why I voted for Ambrose because the crowd loves him and his segments/promos w/the briefcase would be so unpredictable. You would think SummerSlam we finally get our Shield Triple Threat match. CHAMP REIGNS vs. CHALLENGER ROLLINS vs. MITB winner Dean Ambrose. I think Ambrose finally wins the only way the lunatic fringe can; his typical underdog self. So I'm saying AMBROSE WINS MITB and at SummerSlam wins the WWE WHC.

Whoever does win the fans will clearly be behind it. WWE is in a spot where it can't lose at that ppv because with REIGNS as Champ people will cheer whoever has the briefcase unlike Sheamus last year.

It almost has to be Owens. The bragging and way over the top persona is perfect for him. The bragging and teases would Rock!! Plus I see KO being in the title picture at Wrestlemania.

But wwe loves Apollo Crews, rightfully so. Of course the love Zayn and I have zero idea why. He would be a "hot tag" teammate. That's all.

Dean Ambrose is my pick. Dude paid his dues and can finally become champ like his fellow ex-Shield members.

For the first time in ages the Briefcase is going to have a major influence on the forthcoming year.

Unlike some previous years, for the next few years at least there are a LOT of guys who could do some good with the briefcase.

Cesaro, Neville, Owens, Balor, Styles, Ambrose, Wyatt, Crews, Zayn, Nakamura. The market for future MITB winners is massive.

Even a Jericho and/or Lesnar win would be interesting. As has been mentioned, these guys can walk away for months on end and return to cash in.

Obvious choice has to be Kevin Owens. I think they are going to make him look like an underdog until MITB and have him win the match. After having Zack Ryder win the IC title and then Cesaro beat him in a number 1 contender match. I think Zayn and Owens will feud until around MITB. Kevin Owens is one of the better superstars on the roster and we need some really new Main Event guys and Owens is one of my favorite characters by far.

Kevin Owens. The briefcase works best when A) a heel has it and B) the guy hasn't been champion yet. He's the only I think who meets those and is ready to main event. Rusev and Bray come close but both have had their pushes halted for different reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back