• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MLB LDS LD

I love how Phillies fans boo Howard when he's hurt to the point he needs carried off the field. Showing remarkable class once more.

For some reason our fans seem to hate Howard, unless he is doing good. The guy does no good to most of our fans. I love the guy and I'll admit he has his flaws but he is a damn good player and we are better with him than without him.

Glad the cards won can't stand the phillies. I don't really care who goes to the world series as long as it's not the fucking brewers I'm really beginning to hate that team and that stupid thing they do with their hands whenever they get on base. So I'm predicting a rematch of the 06 world series Detroit and St Louis.

I love how Phillies fans boo Howard when he's hurt to the point he needs carried off the field. Showing remarkable class once more.
To be fair, were they booing Ryan Howard specifically for grounding out, or were they just booing the fact that the team that was "destined for a World Series" just got beat in the first round?

The injury put a damper on the ending for me, as I was elated that the non-Phillies won, but just as down about the injury.

Sadly for the Phils they just inked him to a 5 year extension that just starts in 2012. If they didn't, they'd likely try and land Pujols.

Man, what a duel between Carpenter and Halladay. The game really could've gone either way. With the Yankees being eliminated, I'll be pulling for the Cards. Cardinals vs. Rangers, my World Series prediction.

To be fair, were they booing Ryan Howard specifically for grounding out, or were they just booing the fact that the team that was "destined for a World Series" just got beat in the first round?

Does it matter? You boo a team that won over 100 games, just because they lost 1 game to a great pitcher? Do you think Cardinal fans would have booed their team in Game 5 if they had lost 1-0 to Halladay?

And who said the Phillies were destined for a World Series? Was it the Phillies themselves, or all the media and fans who did so? Genuine question, but if it wasn't the Phillies, then fans only have themselves to blame for getting caught up in the hype.

No matter how you cut it, it was an example of Philadelphia fans not having class.

Does it matter? You boo a team that won over 100 games, just because they lost 1 game to a great pitcher? Do you think Cardinal fans would have booed their team in Game 5 if they had lost 1-0 to Halladay?
That's because the Cardinals fans don't know how to boo. And it wasn't because they lost 1 game, it was because they lost 3 of 5 to a team that really underperformed. And again, i doubt they were booing because he was hurt. They were likely booing the team for losing and being eliminated.

And who said the Phillies were destined for a World Series? Was it the Phillies themselves, or all the media and fans who did so? Genuine question, but if it wasn't the Phillies, then fans only have themselves to blame for getting caught up in the hype.

I cant remember a single sports analyst who picked anyone other than Philly in the NL.

What LJL said. They thought that the pitching ("four aces" which was really 2 and 2 second level pitchers) combined with the big-time stars they had on offense made them unstoppable. They got stopped.

No matter how you cut it, it was an example of Philadelphia fans not having class.
Of course it was. No one ever accused Philly fans of having any class. I was just trying to put a different perspective on it. And seriously, do you expect the Phillies fan to cheer there? Their team just got eliminated from the postseason, no team cheers. Ryan Howard couldn't have expected them (or anyone) to cheer.

That's because the Cardinals fans don't know how to boo.
Sure they do. They just know WHEN to boo. Big difference.

And it wasn't because they lost 1 game
Well sure it was.

What LJL said. They thought that the pitching ("four aces" which was really 2 and 2 second level pitchers) combined with the big-time stars they had on offense made them unstoppable. They got stopped.
Okay...so Phillies fans boo because of sports analysts? Do you see how silly that is?

And seriously, do you expect the Phillies fan to cheer there? Their team just got eliminated from the postseason, no team cheers. Ryan Howard couldn't have expected them (or anyone) to cheer.
So the only two options they have is to cheer or boo? How about simply doing nothing? How about politely applauding the Cardinals on their win, and on the Phillies great season?

Booing your team because they lost one game, due to the fact you thought your team was unbeatable because of what everyone not associated with the team said, is not the sign of a true fan.

What LJL said. They thought that the pitching ("four aces" which was really 2 and 2 second level pitchers)

More like 3 aces and 1 second level (who could be a good #3 on most teams).[/QUOTE]

So the only two options they have is to cheer or boo? How about simply doing nothing? How about politely applauding the Cardinals on their win, and on the Phillies great season?

Booing your team because they lost one game, due to the fact you thought your team was unbeatable because of what everyone not associated with the team said, is not the sign of a true fan.

Sly... it's sports fans. They don't need a reason to cheer or boo, but to say they'd applaud the Cards after their win is absurd. They aren't fairweather fans. And I think they were disappointed in the teams poor effort since this was the best season (regular season wise) for a Philly team ever. They didn't expect to be done after one series, so they were gonna let their thoughts be known. Fans just being fans to me.

Sly... it's sports fans. They don't need a reason to cheer or boo, but to say they'd applaud the Cards after their win is absurd. They aren't fairweather fans. And I think they were disappointed in the teams poor effort since this was the best season (regular season wise) for a Philly team ever. They didn't expect to be done after one series, so they were gonna let their thoughts be known. Fans just being fans to me.

I've yet to understand why being a sports fan means you cannot be reasonable, logical, and sensible. Moreover, I've yet to understand why being a sports fan means you cannot show good sportsmanship.

While I love to watch sports, I've come to loathe the attitudes and mentality which has developed because of the them.

I've yet to understand why being a sports fan means you cannot be reasonable, logical, and sensible. Moreover, I've yet to understand why being a sports fan means you cannot show good sportsmanship.

While I love to watch sports, I've come to loathe the attitudes and mentality which has developed because of the them.

Surely you couldn't have expected the Philly fans to be cheering that their season was over, though, could you? They had the best record in the league and were the favorites to win it all and it's already over. They didn't go and trash the field, they were just booing the performance of their team (specifically the egg of a game they put in the win or go home). Expectations were high for them, and they weren't even close to reaching them. Had this been Arizona in Phillies spot I think the crowd would've cheered them due to the unexpected success they had all year.

Will a team win every time it makes the playoffs, unless you're the Florida Marlins (who are only 2 for 2 anyways), it's not gonna happen. However, once you get in, you think it's your teams year and that you can win it all. When you don't, there's gonna be disappointment. And when you look at how the Phils played offensively, there was gonna be some jeers towards them (same with NY, Boston, and any other consistent big market playoff team).

Many fans take their sports life and death (sometimes I myself am guilty of this with the Tigers and Lions). When your team is succeeding you're gonna be happy and when they aren't you're gonna be disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back