• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miz the Next World Champion?

Im a big Miz fan and Im very happy to see the current push hes getting. I was shocked when they announced he'll face Cena at The Bash. I just hope they dont have Cena beat him because that will bury him. If Miz beats Cena it would give him a ton of credibility as a real main eventer. I mean lets face it, the guys got passion for the business, his mic skills are great, and he can actually wrestle. I hope he continues to be pushed and becomes a main eventer and eventual champion.

Unless Cena didn't do what he did when he had that match with Swagger, then no, losing to Cena wouldn't bury him. Just have him dominate Cena for the match, but have Cena get a clean win (much like how they built Cena from the mid cards when he faced Brock Lesnar). This way, your up-coming talent gets credibility and your company's current face doesn't lose credibility in the main event scene.

I believe The Miz might suffer the British Bulldog/Owen Hart fate. Meaning that he will be put in several main events, win or lose, then go back into mid card obscurity. I personally believe stars like The Miz and Morrison haven't wrestled long enough to be main event world champions. But look at CM Punk. WWE needs young talent to push, and hopefully they do. I just think The Miz will go the way of MVP and Shelton Benjamin, win one big match and then job for months.

I don't think a Miz HHH feud for the title would be that bad, but SummerSlam isn't the place for that match. You don't put Miz in a main event at one of your big four events after a 3 month push. I love the fact that it would be a fresh face in the title scene which people have been asking for, but at the same time I can't see this as your SummerSlam main event. Simply wishing and hoping coming up here as this isn't going to happen, but I'd like to see him beat Cena at The Bash, have HBK come back start a lengthy feud with him that ends with Miz defeating HBK at SunmmerSlam and then put Miz in the title picture.

Oh my god I can quote too! What I mean is he is not a heel he is a really bad wrestler who tries too hard. His heat is not heel, it's get off my TV!

Yeah, so can pretty much every other member in this forum. Apparently, Obviousness is your ally. And it seems to me that he's got you eating out of the pal of his hand. let's break this down.

Miz=Heel
Heels are meant to be disliked and hated. Hell, even Orton has stated that he feels he doesn't do his job properly when he gets cheered at times. But I digress
You dislike and maybe hate the guy.
Thus, the Miz is doing his job.

I'm not trying to knock your opinion or nothing; Just don't want to make sure you're just throwing hate blindly. Besides, how can you not laugh at a leprechaun getting hit with a t-shirt launcher point blank?

To the point, then! well I personally think it's great that they're bringing in new blood for the ME, which is very much needed, and will be welcomed by the fans, because they'll notice that there has been too much of the same thing. Who knows who goes up next? MVP? I can't say yes, but I can't leave him out yet. For some reason I don't buy him as face. Maybe Hardy, if somehow the skies open and we are warped to the time that he was cheated on.

Maybe the Colons, but that's just my pre-determined marking out for fellow puertorrican wrestlers. So you should ignore that one lol.

Who has the Miz beaten lately? Ah nobody. He has run his mouth a lot, beaten the Big Show down with a chair, and shot a midget in the nuts with a t-shirt cannon. Even if he beats Cena in the next PPV I don't think that is enough to label him a ligit title contender.

I feel the Miz is talented however he just hasn't done enough to warrent being in the title picture. Shawn Michaels was a 2 time IC Champ and won the Royal Rumble after having good feuds with strong mid-card talent. Brett Hart was the best in the mid card and tag team divisions holding all those titles. Triple H had strong feuds with The Rock and the Hart Family along with being a former IC and European Champion. The Miz hasn't done anything like that. He has done absolutely nothing since coming to Raw and is being pushed off one tag team title run in a tag division that frankly sucked.

For that reason I dont think Miz is ready for the title picture. He hasn't done enough.

I think Cena said it best on RAW, Miz your a reality star wannabe and a WWE never was. Miz has the dumbest look in wrestling to be taken serious. He's got a WOO WOO WOO haircut,with a purple mo hawk. He'll never be remember as anything but the Real World guy. If Miz beats Cena clean at Bash I will never watch RAW again, and will probably shoot myself as that'll be the worse than David Araquette becoming champion.

I think Cena said it best on RAW, Miz your a reality star wannabe and a WWE never was. Miz has the dumbest look in wrestling to be taken serious. He's got a WOO WOO WOO haircut,with a purple mo hawk. He'll never be remember as anything but the Real World guy. If Miz beats Cena clean at Bash I will never watch RAW again, and will probably shoot myself as that'll be the worse than David Araquette becoming champion.

Miz worse than David Arquette as champion. Now that is laughable. I didn't know a haircut has any bearing whether you should be champion or not. His look is what makes him stick out and it is not a hinderance. The Miz is a nice break from all the Orton and HHH monotony and it wouldn't hurt Cena at all if he loses to Miz.

Now I want Miz to pin Cena clean to see all the whining and complaining on here. I'm sure Vince wouldn't miss you if you stopped watching RAW.

Oh my god I can quote too! What I mean is he is not a heel he is a really bad wrestler who tries too hard. His heat is not heel, it's get off my TV!

Are you actually analysing people's boos? You don't know every person who boos him, you can't judge what kind of heat he gets based on your dislike of him. A person who does that is what is called a mark...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. I think the Miz is ok, but watching him go into the main event will be interesting. If WWE build him up in a way where he's allowed hang with the likes of Orton and Triple H, then it'll be good TV. But if they bring him to the main event only to make him someone elses bitch a la CM Punk last year, then there's gonna be alot of pissed off people.
But if Vince does in fact like like him right now, I can't see him getting buried in the main event. That's a big if though.

No you will not stop watching. I really hate threats like that, because it makes you sound stupid. "Oh my god, Cena lost to Miz, I should stop watching because that sucks". If people actually did that, then half to two-thirds of the members of this forum probably would stop checking up on this stuff. Besides, if you actually did stop watching because of that, I am just going to come out and say this. Good, your not wanted among wrestling fans for being a stupid ass.

Now onto the question at hand. I think Miz should be a welcomed addition to the Main Event, because a lot of people, myself included, have said that the Main Event of Raw is just a repeat and kind of stale. He is funny, gets true heel heat, and can wrestle. Do I think he needs a World Title shot soon? No way. Like other people have said, he hasn't really done much or really beat anybody, so he needs to get some victories by way of pinfall or whatever, but he is feuding with the top superstar of the WWE. Give him a little credit. Getting him to the upper mid-card to the Main Event is the point of this push. I can't wait to see where he takes this.

Well there canucklehead....I would have to disagree with you as well. Honestly if you can't see the potential that The Miz has then you obviously don't know squat about the wrestling business. He's got the mic skills which are VERY important in WWE (probably more so than actual wrestling ability...Cena, JBL, etc.). His in-ring work has improved by leaps and bounds over the last couple of months, and his feud with Cena will only make him improve more (b/c odds are that he'll have to carry Cena, yeah, I said it). Cena sucks something terrible, but I will give credit where it's due. Cena does do a good job at helping put over some of the younger guys. Not that he's HAD to a whole lot, but he did an excellent job of putting Jack Swagger over. Although Swagger lost, he looked damn good. I think the same will happen for The Miz, except I'm predicting that Miz wins at The Bash.

Back to the topic however, I would LOVE to see The Miz get elevated into the title hunt. We need some fresh faces in the title scene and pushing The Miz is a good start.

Well there canucklehead....I would have to disagree with you as well. Honestly if you can't see the potential that The Miz has then you obviously don't know squat about the wrestling business.

Wow, I never knew there weree so many douche lovers out there. I love how you guys try to explain the business to me. Like if you don't like him he's doing his job. LOL Edge does that job, Orton does that job, Million Dollar mand and Perfetc did that job. Miz just sucks, I don't hate him because he is a good heel, I hate him because he has no talent and he is taking up TV time. As far as mike skills, he just jabbers on hoping that something catches on, the Miz is awesome will never catch on like if you smell what the rock is cooking did after people hated it at first. A good heel will eventualy make you cheer for him, he does not have that much talent. I will say this again, now follow slowly, the Miz will get squashed in this match with Cena, did you guys not see how they made him look at the battle royal on raw? Everyone who ever stayed outside of the ring during a battle royal has added more to the match then looking all stupid then running then being eliminated. This is just a ploy to get Cena more over, I don't care if anyone agrees, but there is no way Miz will get a title shot before getting any other singles titles, it just won't happen, so please get your heads out of your asses.

Wow, I never knew there weree so many douche lovers out there. I love how you guys try to explain the business to me. Like if you don't like him he's doing his job. LOL

Well, yeah.

Edge does that job, Orton does that job, Million Dollar mand and Perfetc did that job.

You like them? They've failed as heels. Well, at least for you they have.

Miz just sucks, I don't hate him because he is a good heel, I hate him because he has no talent and he is taking up TV time.

That's what they want you to think.

As far as mike skills, he just jabbers on hoping that something catches on, the Miz is awesome will never catch on like if you smell what the rock is cooking did after people hated it at first.

World AIDS Day is never gonna catch on like Christmas. What's your point?

A good heel will eventualy make you cheer for him, he does not have that much talent.

No, that's a good face. A good face makes you cheer for them, a good heel makes you boo them.

I will say this again, now follow slowly, the Miz will get squashed in this match with Cena, did you guys not see how they made him look at the battle royal on raw?

Looked like an opportunistic heel to me. It never hurt Edge.

Everyone who ever stayed outside of the ring during a battle royal has added more to the match then looking all stupid then running then being eliminated.

Don't think that many people have done it, to be honest.

This is just a ploy to get Cena more over,

If Cena gets more over, there's gonna be another wrestling boom. I don't think they'd use The Miz to trigger that, but I'm flattered that you think so.

I don't care if anyone agrees, but there is no way Miz will get a title shot before getting any other singles titles

I wouldn't have thought he'd be feuding with John Cena either, but here we are.

I love how my points are disected and quoted to sound different then how they were written. When I say that Edge, Orton, Dibiase, Perfect did the job of a heel, and I liked them it meant I eventualy respected them for the work they did to make me not like them. Miz will never get that respect from me. I would also like you to find a heel that stayed outside of the ring that got eliminated faster then the Miz. He's a joke, and time will prove me right. Cena will beat the Miz very convincingly.

The miz has potential one day to be a heel champ cuz he's skilled on the mic but the way his look is now doesn't say champ...its hard to take him that serious...this feud with cena will help but he still has a way to go before he can be in that conversation

I love how my points are disected and quoted to sound different then how they were written.

Well, no. I dissected them to make my job easier - I can counter them point by point. I didn't change any of your quotes and, with the exception of the final two - quoted entirely full sentences.

When I say that Edge, Orton, Dibiase, Perfect did the job of a heel, and I liked them it meant I eventualy respected them for the work they did to make me not like them.

Jake Roberts blows them all out of the water, no matter how hard Orton tries to copy him. I think it's the 'tache.

Miz will never get that respect from me.

Good. His character isn't one who's meant to be respected. You, my friend, have been worked.

I would also like you to find a heel that stayed outside of the ring that got eliminated faster then the Miz.

The Warlord?

He's a joke, and time will prove me right. Cena will beat the Miz very convincingly.

I don't think he will, but I think you're missing the point. Being eliminated by the brands top two faces when you're supposed to be a cowardly opportunistic heel isn't something to be embarrassed by, it just makes sense. I would have been dumbfounded if The Miz just chucked two heavy-ass supposed badasses over the top rope.

First Dissection for me! here we go

I think Cena said it best on RAW, Miz your a reality star wannabe and a WWE never was.

It's called a promo, and I'm pretty sure it was worked to build it up for the Pay Per View.

Miz has the dumbest look in wrestling to be taken serious.

Disagree completely. Zack Ryder, Festus, and good ol' Horny has that area covered. And Kung Fu Naki

He's got a WOO WOO WOO haircut,with a purple mo hawk. He'll never be remember as anything but the Real World guy.

Until he gets over and eventually gets the strap. Which will happen...mark my words, it will happen

If Miz beats Cena clean at Bash I will never watch RAW again, and will probably shoot myself as that'll be the worse than David Araquette becoming champion.

Then don't watch Raw at all. There's Smackdown, Superstars and ECW if you want your fancy tickled. If you shoot yourself....you might die. Think about that little event, bro. Besides there's nothing worse than the guy from See Spot Run get the title that Flair had, for christ's sake!

that didn't go too bad did it?

AH! More dissection! Happy day, happy day!

I love how my points are disected and quoted to sound different then how they were written.

I know, right? well, you could explain them clearly. that way when they get counter-argued...you don't argue about them being taken out of context. It's a very cyclical thing, really.

When I say that Edge, Orton, Dibiase, Perfect did the job of a heel, and I liked them it meant I eventualy respected them for the work they did to make me not like them.

Hm...to be honest, the only ppl I can truly respect as their heelwork was topnotch is DiBiase Sr.(notice the familial connection as I write Sr. Must not confuse, kind sir!) and Perfect. Apart from that, that's it. Edge, I respect but for entirely different reasons.

Miz will never get that respect from me.
Then he's working you into what I like to call "the Miz-tastic Hate"

I would also like you to find a heel that stayed outside of the ring that got eliminated faster then the Miz.
Santino....BAM!

He's a joke, and time will prove me right. Cena will beat the Miz very convincingly.
Time will time-slap you in the face, and travel through time itself to watch you get time slapped by time itself. Your face being red....creates a paradox.

He's working you into his Heel persona! If Cena beats him, it's the case of...the face going over the heel. something that has been done for a long-ass time. It;s either that or Miz wins by DQ. Cannot be any other way.

Is Miz the next world champion?
No, the article states HHH would be, so that's a bit silly.

Would a world championship shot help the Miz?

YES, I think he should get a shot, but not actually win it. I think it should be like Jeff in 2002, where he had his match with Undertaker who really put the young man over, Jeff didn't win, but that's when he went into the main event lime light. This I feel would be better for the Miz, a championship shot and a mid card title reign would work so well for him in the long run, which is what WWE needs, stars for the long term future.

The Miz just may get me back into watching this shit regularly again. Watching the past couple Raws has opened my eyes to a great entertaining talent. Haven't really seen what he does in the ring, but he definitely reminds me of the Rock on the mic, and that's a good a thing. As for being champion, I hope so because I could tune in and not be bored to tears.

Come to the LD one day.

We'll show you just how fucking wrong you are.

As for the propsed storyline, I sure hope so. The Miz is entertaining, funny, and a fresh face. If he looks competent against HHH...

He's not going to win immediately, but this report says he'll be in the title picture. That's a good thing. He can work, he's a company man (or so I've heard) and he's busted his ass to improve since he first got into the WWE.

I can see him getting an IC or US title push but not Heavy Weight title status. He's not quite main event yet. This feud with Cena is to get him some recognition and over. I'd like to see him finish this with Cena and move on to Kofi.

I am going to agree with what some other people have been saying here, the smarky smark internet fans in general do not know what they want. People complain about no new stars being made, so a new guy is being pushed and people complain. This just confirms my belief that people just like to complain and bash wwe for the sake of doing so, no matter what wwe will never get out of this hole on the internet. Its sad and stupid that it has become cool and "smart" to blindly bash everything the wwe does. The Miz is a fresh character in the main event scene, he relates to modern popular culture, he draws good heat and has great promo skills, he has cathphrases and a decent look and he can put on a stellar performance in the ring. Out of who they currently have he is definitely one of the best upper midcarders and should be pushed to his full potential which is the main event. Also, people need to realize he isnt going to be pushed immediately, he will finish his feud with Cena which will make him look much more legitimate as an in ring competitor and with that credibility he will go on to do great things.

The miz has come along way he is really living his dream and he is getting better ever time people are quick to judge him but think about all the wrestler that seemed shity at first like randy orton,mvp,batista,triple h, edge,kevin nash,scott hall, every wrestler grew to be who they are and i bet THE MIZ will be champ someday be not just right at this time

You know why Cena and Miz will work and why miz will inevitably win the wwe championship because miz has crossover appeal.

There arent many people on raw much less the whole damn company that are doing and have done anything remotely noteworthy outside of wresting at the moment besides Cena and Miz.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit the reason why this whole trump angle went down was to showcase Miz. Vince knew the trump thing would be ratings gold (as that proved to be the case during the weeks leading up to WM 23) and because of that ratings would spike due to curiouslty once again killing the fucking cat with demographics across the spectrum tuning in to see what this trump bull was about only to see Mike Mizanain, a very familair face cutting promos with John Cena another familiar face.

If WWE wants to be PG which they strive to be on a weekly basis, and they want to give these new viewers from the Trump fallout a reason to keep tuning in every week whether they like wrestling or not, who better to be maineventing than a young cocky Miz whom generation x adores and cena, the new rock/terminator/whoever the hell of the 18-30 generation/demographic.

With the implication of highest rating in months even years and all the media hysteria over the trump crap Vince wasn't going to have Trips or orton or anybody for that matter stealing the spot light from cean miz considering new viewers probably havent heard of or even care about who they are.

You wanted fresh, you got it. For all those complaining about the banality of the product as of late can cease with that shit because after this past monday the product just got fresh again for the new viewers and the rest of us. The ME landscape has changed for the forseeable future.

And yea Cena will win a tough match at the bash by pinfall beacuse those new viewers know him as a Marine who can swan dive 30 feet out of an exploding cabin into a shallow lake and the guy who jumps out of helicopters spiraling out of control and somehow lands perfectly in a 10 by 10 pool on the edge of a rooftop unscathed.

Ya know, I actually think they have a good thing going with The Miz. The program with Cena is one of the better ones on Raw at the moment. To be honest, what I would like for them to do with Miz is this....

Make him the kind of guy that is damn near impossible to pin. Not saying he has to be some sort of freak, ala Undertaker of 1992, etc. But just give him some friggen courage. No matter how many FU's it takes, this guy will keep getting up. Even if The Miz loses (which he will) people will RESPECT The Miz a lot more for it.

Another example. Say he gets in a match with Triple H eventually. Hunter gives him a pedigree. Miz gets up. Hunter gives another. Miz kicks out again. At this point, the crowd is going crazy, wondering what the hell its gonna take to keep this guy down. I would love to see some small/scrappy guy in the WWE who knows he is overmatched, but yet he has a boatload of courage and heart. Kinda like Rocky Balboa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back