• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Miz the Next World Champion?

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
It is being rumored that The Miz is being considered to be inserted into Raw's title scene, perhaps as soon as SummerSlam.

Apparently VKM has been very impressed with not only the Miz/Cena feud but also how Miz has carried his weight in it. Current plans are for Miz to use the feud as a springboard into the main event where he will face whoever is champion. It seems likely that the champion will be none other than Triple H.

Considering the last person that Vince was rumoured to be high on promptly got fired, anything is possible.

Well, what do you think of that, eh? Vince is high on The Miz, apparently. Though I don't see a feud with Triple H actually doing him any good, but a world title match at SummerSlam is certainly a step in the right direction.

Still, I don't know where these news sites get their information from, so it could easily turn out to be bullshit.

The Miz as champion, eh! Right now I think I don't think i even buy a clean pinfall victory over Cena. Maybe in the future.

Wasn't it a couple of weeks ago when Cena teamed with Chavo in what was essentially a handicap match and it was the Miz getting pinned by Chavo?

Save it for WrestleMania at least. Morrison can win the other belt. They could do this -

Benoit_and_Guerrero_celebrate_at_WrestleMania_XX.jpg

But with less effect.

I dont know I cant see The Miz New World Champion...Just cant see it. I dont know just the Main Event of a PPV for Summerslam would be Triple H vs The Miz? I aint paying 49.99 or 59.99 to watch that.

What would you pay that much for? I wouldn't pay that much for anything short of a blowjob and back massage, but that's Americans for you. Always paying too much for shit.

Let's look at the other options:

Triple H/Cena - So we can see Triple H win again after an unremarkable match? No thank you.

Triple H/Orton - Lol, no.

Cena/Orton - Eh, could be worse. Still, they hardly have great chemistry.

Big Show/Orton - Fuck it, go on then. I'll have this one please.

For some reason I wanted Cena to be the champ when Miz faces him rather than HHH. If this scenario plays out, then most likely HHH win will the belt at NOC rather than The Bash because I can't see them taking the title off Orton so quickly. I thought MVP was going to get the first opportunity over Miz but I guess they don't believe MVP won't work well as a face. I'm not yet buying Miz as a champion this year, but he needs to defeat more people before I can take him seriously. I can see him champion around the middle of next year.

I would love to see a Miz / HHH feud. Just sit back and imagine the promos. Think about what will come out of the Miz’s mouth if Triple H is the target. I would love to hear the Miz talk about the “weakest link” in the Kliq (at the time, Pac was the “bigger” star, right??) and bring up old $#!+. What about Katie Vick?? The Miz could go on and on about the Prodigal Son (in-law), and maybe even throw in a few nose jokes in there. As far as Miz, WWE Champion, that would be a fresh Star for the future. Please Paul, please do the right thing. Please do “what's best for business”.

i've become a fan of miz lately. its kinda because he owns cena almost every week-his mic skills are great. he has improved a lot in the ring. it seems that his teaming with morrison realll helped his career out to. when miz first came to wwe i thought wow this guy wont last long but it seems ive been proven wrong. like Y2 Jake said, i dont see a clean pin over cena but in the future i would like to see miz as a world champ. but i also cant think of HHH vs Miz main eventing a ppv but who knows, give it time and miz will be the biggest thing since sliced bread and if that article is true then he already is to vince

I've watched wrestling for over 25 years and if the Miz wins a Title (any) I will stop watching. He sucks, his heat is not legit, we really don't like him. He is not worthy and has not beaten anybody, I believe anyone who posted that first quote is a dreamer. There are way more deserving people then him, MVP, R-truth, matt hardy, etc...

I've watched wrestling for over 25 years and if the Miz wins a Title (any) I will stop watching.

Wrestling will miss you.

He sucks,

I think the general consensus is that you are wrong.

his heat is not legit,

I'm almost certain that it's only the pre-taped shows that have artificial crowd noise.

we really don't like him.

''We'' as in I? I am indifferent to him.

He is not worthy and has not beaten anybody,

Surely a win over Cena at The Bash elevates him slightly. Even if it is a fluke.

I believe anyone who posted that first quote is a dreamer.

More of a quoter, I do believe.

There are way more deserving people then him, MVP, R-truth, matt hardy, etc...

Hmm, don't see any of them doing anything of much at the moment. The Miz is feuding what what is supposed to be the biggest star in the company. And if that rumour comes true then he'll be wrestling the self-proclaimed best wrestler of all time in the very near future.

Hey last time I checked sites lke this were for opinions, but I am sorry you are way smarter then me you must be right......wait, who are you? exactly! I am gonna go on record and say the reason they made the match is because no one likes miz and they will all cheer when he gets squashed! Night off for Cena and they found someone that people hate more then him. Did you not see how stupid they made him look in the battle royal, i guess not you were too busy trying to look smart by trying to cut up peoples opinions on here. Sorry, I think he sucks, and now so do you.:schild13:

but I am sorry you are way smarter then me you must be right......

Thank you.

wait, who are you?

Ol'Canucklehead, I am your father.

I am gonna go on record and say the reason they made the match is because noone likes miz and they will all cheer when he gets squashed!

Maybe. After all, he is a heel. Most people do like it when a heel get's squashed.

But he's against Cena so it's possible the reaction could go either way.

Night off for Cena and they found someone that people boo more the him.

Only in England do more people boo than cheer him these days.

Did you not see how stupi they made him look in the battle royal,

The Miz? Well he wanted to win. So I think you can look at it a different way, he was trying to be clever.

Sorry, I think he sucks, and now so do you.:schild13:

I'm still indifferent.

I sure as hell hope that doesnt happen. For one, who the fuck wants to see Triple H as mother fucking WWE champion again? For two, who the hell wants to see The Miz get the hell beat out of him by Triple H? It's a bad idea on all parts. Miz hasnt even held a damn singles title yet, but they're going to throw him in the WWE title picture? This shit just reeks of Triple H wanting to bury someone.....

I couldn't but think more to the fact that The Miz will be shown some what inferior when his match up even come close to facing Triple H (Not being equal to the main eventers is seen quite often lately). Other than that, get him in the world title scene, see what he can brew up.

I hope the Miz isn't going to be put into the main event this soon. He should be in the mid-card scene for a while and possibly have a US title run before being pushed up to the main event.

I don't see the Miz winning this match with Cena on PPV. But I think the people will be surprised by how well the match with those two will be. Cena will win, but Miz will look really good. Just wait and see.

Cena is very underrated as a wrestler, and I think The Miz (Mike Mizamin for those who don't know his real name) is also somewhat underrated. If the Ray/Jericho and Hardy/Punk matches weren't on this PPV card, this match could steal the show.

I will agree that Cena and Miz's program really has just gotten started. Obviously I don't think Miz will be a Night of Champions unless he faces Kofi for the US Belt or they do a Scramble match with Miz, Cena, Show, HHH & Orton for the belt. They could take Show out and put MVP just to have some new faces in it, which would make it really interesting to watch.

I hope the Miz isn't going to be put into the main event this soon. He should be in the mid-card scene for a while and possibly have a US title run before being pushed up to the main event.

Now this is a more likely scenario where he could face Kofi at Night of Champions, and either win the belt, and have mix in the main event as well. Or he could be held here for a while. However read my last post because that's where I think the direction for The Miz is going.

I like the Miz, I really do. I was laughing so hard when he shot Hornswoggle with that T-shirt cannon, oh man, that was funny as shit.

But I just don't think he is credible enough for me to perceive him as World Champion, just yet. I would like to see him win a US title first to see how he does with that. I think the jury is still out on whether or not he is World Championship material. Unless we are talking about ECW World champ, but I don't see any advantage to him going back to Tuesday nights.

Miz has to be one of the most underrated people on this forum. When he broke into WWE he was seen as somebody who was trying to be in the spotlight a little longer, I remembered him as "the guy who used to be on MTV."

Then, right when he broke away from Morrison, A LOT of people were saying he was done for, myself included (then again, with the right push and character/attitude ANYONE can start to become a good superstar). The general consensus was that he would be nothing because Morrison was his backbone...and now look at him! He gets a little push, starts to win over people and then he's getting heat. Also, I think he may be a little higher above Morrison right now (as far as being pushed goes...I haven't seen enough legit Miz single matches to tell whether he is a better athlete).

I think if the Miz were put in the title situation he would shine very brightly just because of the simple fact that he has too many people saying he can't shine at all.

I don't think his first title fued should be with Triple H, but it wouldnt be with Orton cause both are heels, but I'd love to see it that soon

but im very big on Miz as well,

Y 2 Jake is right, have Morrison and Miz win there first at Wrestlemania 26, have the same picture as Eddie-Beniot

Everyone is constantly complaining about the main event scene is always the same and then as soon as somebody new is talked about becoming part of the picture there are complaints? I do not understand. While everyone is entitled to their own opinion - for me - The Miz has been the most entertaining part of Raw since Santino Marella's Honk-O-Meter (partial sarcasm).

Since Royal Rumble, Raw has been nothing but a place for constantly recycled storylines and brutal title feuds. And now, The Miz catapults his way from mid-card status because of cutting excellent promos that garner more heat than Randy Orton even after he's punted each and every member of the McMahon family.

To be honest, I have been turning off Raw about 80 percent of the time before or during the main event because I am extremely unsatisfied with seeing Randy Orton and Legacy, HHH, Batista, Cena or even Big Show (following the draft) constantly placed in final segment.

The "new blood" is more than welcomed in the main event scene. This is a step in the right direction for a freshening up of the product. Personally, I think it's one of the few solutions other than a huge 32-man tournament that can help re-shape and revitalize the status of the wrestlers and product.

Im a big Miz fan and Im very happy to see the current push hes getting. I was shocked when they announced he'll face Cena at The Bash. I just hope they dont have Cena beat him because that will bury him. If Miz beats Cena it would give him a ton of credibility as a real main eventer. I mean lets face it, the guys got passion for the business, his mic skills are great, and he can actually wrestle. I hope he continues to be pushed and becomes a main eventer and eventual champion.

Miz have been doing awesome(pun intended). I can see him beating Cena via rollup, but soon as he gets in the title picture or in a match with HHH for that matter he will be squashed, and the whole push will be worthless.

I've watched wrestling for over 25 years and if the Miz wins a Title (any) I will stop watching. He sucks, his heat is not legit, we really don't like him. He is not worthy and has not beaten anybody, I believe anyone who posted that first quote is a dreamer. There are way more deserving people then him, MVP, R-truth, matt hardy, etc...

I guess the boos that Miz gets are from somewhere else I presume?

What has MVP done recently that makes him deserving? A lackluster title reign. Who has he beaten recently? Is he more entertaining than Miz right now? Nope.

I'm just going to skip R-Truth.

If Matt Hardy had half the charisma Miz had I can see him getting a spot but Hardy is injured so moving on past him.

I think the Miz is the only one left.

People crack me up, they complain about the main event scene and how they need new main eventers, yet when they push one they bitch. I guess the Miz doesn't do enough suplexes and arm bars to get your appreciation. I wouldn't mind seeing this but I don't see it happening any time soon. If he gets a win over Cena via pinfall I might see it. But until then I think they are going to have him feud with Cena and then the Big Show. Hopefully it will build his credibility then he can become a legit main-eventer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back