Mitt Romney Lying about Bain

JGlass

Unregistered User
So it's been in the news for almost a week now that Mitt Romney lied about when he stopped working for Bain. I'm not expert on these sorts of corporate law things, but apparently what he did was illegal.

My question for all you folks that are up to snuff on this story is: can he get into any kind of trouble for this? Is this something he can get sent to jail for? Fined for? Is this something that will inhibit him from running in the election?

So it's been in the news for almost a week now that Mitt Romney lied about when he stopped working for Bain. I'm not expert on these sorts of corporate law things, but apparently what he did was illegal.
I take it then you're referring to Romney actually stepping down in '99, but his name still being signed on SEC filings?

My question for all you folks that are up to snuff on this story is: can he get into any kind of trouble for this? Is this something he can get sent to jail for? Fined for? Is this something that will inhibit him from running in the election?
Normal people who submit false statements to the government? Yes, they would be prosecuted. Leading Presidential nominee for a major political party? I'm sure he'll be told "bad boy, don't even do it again". Other than that, probably nothing.

I suggest reading up more extensively on the issue jglass. I did that the other day and my conclusion was that almost certainly this paperwork is far less damning than it is being made out to be. Whether it is fair for Romney to claim he does not bear any burden of the company's actions during that time is a more debatable issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back