• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MITB....what happens now???

Status
Not open for further replies.

disturbedbob

Dark Match Winner
OK. So many people have expressed there opinion on the Punk shoot, whether he is legit leaving, or whether this just a ruse to bring back the believability to wrestling. Some have mentioned that Punk wins and the RAW MITB winner cashes in that night at the behest of VKM. Some say Cena wins in a screwjob type affair. Some say Punk leaves with the spinner belt, Cena gets fired (takes time off) and a new title is created in a tourney.

A few pieces of info I haven't seen mentioned are 1/ I think WZ posted months ago that Punks contract ends in Sep 2011 (correct me if I'm wrong), maybe this includes the 90 day no compete stip. Point is I didnt know it was July till Punk gave his promo. Is this a swerve to make us think Punk is out of contract? 2/ Cena on Raw was prepared to ditch his title and walk out, but when Cena got his match from VKM, he was told if he lost he would be fired. Why was Cena so upset with this outcome when he was prepared to walk anyway? Doesn't make sense. Do you agree or was this just a story malfunction?

There is one train of thought that I haven't seen discussed (although I may be wrong), so here's my pitch for MITB and how I see it panning out.

This all depends on the match order for the PPV. I'm assuming that the RAW MITB match will be the last match, as its the PPV name and would make sense.

1/ SD MITB match - Seamus wins (though I would love to see Bryan win)

2/ RAW Title match - Cena beats Punk screwjob style with maybe HHH instead of VKM causing the controversy. Maybe a ref bump and HHH comes down with a ref shirt on to provide a different spin on the infamous angle.

3/ SD Title match - Christian beats Randy Orton clean in a gruelling match. While Christian is celebrating finally beating Orton, Seamus blindsides him, knocks him out with the case, calls for the bell, Brogue kick and wins the title from Christian. This will enhance Christians heel character and give Seamus a deserved rub. Don't know about you but I'm sick of Orton. I think SD viewers agree judging by the fall in ratings.

4/ RAW MITB match - lots of spots to the point where everyone is KO'ed outside the ring, then, through the crowd (Its Chicago) comes....PUNK!! He climbs the ladder grabs the briefcase and the ref raises his hand as the winner. He then jumps the barrier and high tails it outta there with the MITB briefcase in tow. This way Cena isn't fired. Punk can be off TV but still relevant (if he re-signs) and HHH can make a comeback.

Well thats my idea for what might happen, but there are so many possibilities, depending on the match order.

What do you think will happen at MITB? Same old story or will WWE genuinely surprise us?

I will tell you exactly what happens. CM Punk will beat Cena for the belt in a controversial manner. After the title is awarded to Punk and he starts to celebrate, Cena will destroy him, leave him vulnerable in the ring then stand on the entrance ramp and watch as either Alberto Del Rio or The Miz cashes in MITB on Punk to win the title and "save" the WWE championship and Cena. In fact, it would be the perfect way to turn Miz face.

I know how I'd write it to pan out.

Punk (in his hometown) defeats Cena in controversial fashion, but exits through the crowd with the belt and the Chicago is going wild with their hometown boy defeating "SuperCena".

McMahon comes down with his power walk and looks Cena in the eye and mumbles something inaudible to him before grabbing a mic and shouting those infamous word "Cena, you're fired!!"
MITB closes with a split screen shot of Punk leaving through the crowd and Cena walking towards the back with his head down in defeat.

On RAW the next night McMahon comes out and says that the WWE does not recognize Punk as the WWE Champion and therefore since Punk has left the company with the championship belt, McMahon says a 16 man tournament will be organized to crown a new WWE Champion with qualifying matches beginning on that episode of RAW.

When the final four participants are revealed, they will fight in a Fatal Four-Way at SummerSlam to crown a new champion.

The final four would be R-Truth, Miz, Alberto del Rio, and Alex Riley. Del Rio pinning Miz, in controversial fashion. Leading to a Miz face turn.

No belt is presented to Del Rio at the PPV, but the following night on RAW McMahon personally delivers the newly designed WWE Championship belt (which has been waiting in the wings since late 2009). Miz interrupts the ceremony and cements his face turn by challenging Del Rio for the championship.

Punk returns in 6 months to a year later (depending on how long he wants to rest at home) and claims he was never defeated for the championship and is therefore still the WWE Champion. This would set up a match at Royal Rumble between WWE Champion Miz (face) against Disputed Champion Punk (heel) to "unify" the belts (and use the new designed belt from that point further).

Oh, yeah, Cena returns at some point but not in the title picture (rehired by the Anonymous G.M., who is revealed as Triple H).

By the way, Swagger would win the RAW MITB match and be the first to lose his match after cashing it in.

Sorry for the long post, but that's what I'd do.

I will tell you exactly what happens. CM Punk will beat Cena for the belt in a controversial manner. After the title is awarded to Punk and he starts to celebrate, Cena will destroy him, leave him vulnerable in the ring then stand on the entrance ramp and watch as either Alberto Del Rio or The Miz cashes in MITB on Punk to win the title and "save" the WWE championship and Cena.

In fact, it would be the perfect way to turn Miz face.

I agree completely perfect way to make Miz face

I've been hearing screwjob this, screwjob that. How about something we haven't expected. How about this : Cm punk and VKM are working together, to try and take Cena from the top, they planned all of this , the worked shoot, the suspension, everything was planned , and at money in the bank they screw Cena , and CM Punk wins the title, and he stays in wwe.
Then on RAW vince comes out and says he never liked Cena and says he plans on making his life a living hell.

I know this is far from happening, so please don't bitch at me. This is just what i would like to see.

I see Punk winning. Then all of a sudden the Raw MITB winner runs down thanks to McMahon. Then in a huge shock Punk wins again!!!! As the crowd is going even more insane bc it truly looks like Punk is leaving with the WWE title, the Smackdown MITB winner comes in and defeats Punk. Shocking the crowd and McMahon as well. If it played out like this, whoever wins the Smackdown MITB match and then defeats Punk could be pushed to the stars. Saving the WWE title & not embarrassing McMahon. He could become McMahon's favorite. A corporate champion so to speak. With Cena gone, the new guy, with McMahon's help runs wild on raw doing what they want. They totally disregard the GM and any of his rules. After months of getting disrespected & tired of it, the GM 'rehires' Cena to be the hero. After Cena is all healed up, he returns, saving raw, regaining the title and his match with Rock still happens for the title at WM. But in the end, who really knows. Whatever happens, I feel like WWE wil get it right and have 1 hell of a ppv.

I know how I'd write it to pan out.

Punk (in his hometown) defeats Cena in controversial fashion, but exits through the crowd with the belt and the Chicago is going wild with their hometown boy defeating "SuperCena".

McMahon comes down with his power walk and looks Cena in the eye and mumbles something inaudible to him before grabbing a mic and shouting those infamous word "Cena, you're fired!!"
MITB closes with a split screen shot of Punk leaving through the crowd and Cena walking towards the back with his head down in defeat.

On RAW the next night McMahon comes out and says that the WWE does not recognize Punk as the WWE Champion and therefore since Punk has left the company with the championship belt, McMahon says a 16 man tournament will be organized to crown a new WWE Champion with qualifying matches beginning on that episode of RAW.

When the final four participants are revealed, they will fight in a Fatal Four-Way at SummerSlam to crown a new champion.

The final four would be R-Truth, Miz, Alberto del Rio, and Alex Riley. Del Rio pinning Miz, in controversial fashion. Leading to a Miz face turn.

No belt is presented to Del Rio at the PPV, but the following night on RAW McMahon personally delivers the newly designed WWE Championship belt (which has been waiting in the wings since late 2009). Miz interrupts the ceremony and cements his face turn by challenging Del Rio for the championship.

Punk returns in 6 months to a year later (depending on how long he wants to rest at home) and claims he was never defeated for the championship and is therefore still the WWE Champion. This would set up a match at Royal Rumble between WWE Champion Miz (face) against Disputed Champion Punk (heel) to "unify" the belts (and use the new designed belt from that point further).

Oh, yeah, Cena returns at some point but not in the title picture (rehired by the Anonymous G.M., who is revealed as Triple H).

By the way, Swagger would win the RAW MITB match and be the first to lose his match after cashing it in.

Sorry for the long post, but that's what I'd do.

I really like this idea. I would change one thing though. I would somehow have Cena's comeback involve The Rock. Have The Rock say something like VKM promised him a match against Cena in Miami, and by God, he'll have that match or he will get the MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of his fans to boycott Wrestlemania. So, VKM reluctantly "re-hires" John Cena.

Maybe that angle could be also tied into the anonymous GM angle but instead of the GM being Triple H, have it be Batista.

I like a lot of these possibilities, but I think the most realistic outcome where Punk wins is that he takes the belt and leaves, Cena gets, "fired," and the MitB winner is just handed the belt. If Del Rio wins MitB like a lot people thin that he might, then I'll hate for him to just have the belt handed to him because that's a joke of a first win; it's the same effect as when Dolph was just handed the belt, where the champion looks weak because he didn't beat anyone to get it, and the belt looks worthless because it just gets tossed around. So...I guess I'm skeptical about the MitB PPV playing out all that well. But, if they have to give someone a new championship, then maybe we'll see the end of the spinner belt. However, I really hope that the best possible outcome of this whole thing isn't just that we end up with a new belt to look at. Lol.

Well, I think we all agree that Cena needs to get the fuck out of the picture. SOOOOO tired of his 80's Hulkster-esque persona.

1) As long as Cena gets "fired", I'll be happy.

2) The Cena Rock match does NOT need the title to be epic. Let someone other people run with the ball through WM. Another major reason Cena has to take a hiatus.

It's obvious we will see The Rock being the guy to screw Cena... then Rock Bottom Punk for his "Dwayne" comments... It's clear whoever wins MITB will get the title right away... I just don't think it should be Del Rio... Truth would gain much more heat... Miz is a miz-nomer to win... if anyone shocks us it'll be Riley on a push to the moon... but you can't count Thwagger out... after all Edge's record will have to fall eventually...

I Found a loop hole! cena loses to punk . so punk has the title then the MONEY IN THE BANK winner raw or smackdown cashes it on punk and they win. that means Cenas not fired because punk never left home with the title the money in the bank winner left Chicago as Champion

I Found a loop hole! cena loses to punk . so punk has the title then the MONEY IN THE BANK winner raw or smackdown cashes it on punk and they win. that means Cenas not fired because punk never left home with the title the money in the bank winner left Chicago as Champion

First of all it's already been mentioned in this thread, second it's been done in the past and third that would make it boring and predictable.

But unfortunately off the top of my head there doesn't seem to be any other way for Punk to win the match. He's not staying and as I recall he's just burnt out and wants to rest for however long he feels would help.

i know you guys might think this is a long shot but i think Punk will win the Championship and VKM will come to the ring to fire Cena But before he could, Cena will lay out VKM and then Punk but to the surprise to everyone that night for money in the bank winner was the return of Chris Jerrico and he will come down and pin Punk for the title.

Not as long a shot as you might think... I hadn't thought of it but yes... I could see a Jericho return... the 3rd time he has had to "save" the WWE... it would also add a strong face to the RAW roster to feud with Truth/Del Rio for the belt...

we are all hoping for a long shot or a surprise or a great storyline like a new title belt being introduced, BUT i see this happening. Punk wins the title from Cena, McMahon comes out, THEN Alberto Del Rio's music hits (i see him winning this) and he wins the WWE title from Punk who will likely be all beat up and hurting from the STF. i dont see a Smackdown money in the bank winner cashing in on RAW, i think the Smackdown winner will either be Wade Barrett or Cody Rhodes, likely Barrett in my book since he just got out of the IC title picture, i dont think it would be wise to give the case to Sheamus. i think it would be more wise for Christian to win then at SummerSlam have a triple threat match with Orton and Sheamus and THEN Sheamus wins the title or have Sheamus vs. Orton as SummerSlam. Sheamus can be in the world title hunt easily. but anyways, that's my guess for the RAW main event. Punk wins, Del Rio with his case cashes in and wins the title, dont see it being Miz because i see him and Riley being at it and i see Miz beating Riley at SummerSlam and i dont see it being Truth, i think Morrison costs him the shot.

I don't see any way that CM Punk vs. John Cena is not the main event of this pay-per-view. Keep in mind that the Sheamus vs. Cena match main evented last year's, a match that didn't have as much intrigue and hype behind as this one does. Granted, the Nexus angle was going on, but there weren't as many potential plot twists in that match as this one could have.

So, assuming that I'm right and that this match main events the show, here's what I think the possibilities are, and how likely they are.

John Cena wins the match and Punk leaves: Everyone speculating on what swerve WWE could pull seems to be forgetting that this is an actual, legitimate option. Now, I do think that Punk will be back no matter what happens, but Cena standing triumphant as the WWE's golden boy who defeated the rebel and saved the title is not a far off possibility. We all know how WWE works; this could very well be what happens.

Punk wins, MITB winner cashes in immediately and saves the title and Cena's job: Another decent possibility, which you can take one of two ways. You can either have it be Del Rio so that his ego can increase even more and he can take it into SummerSlam against Cena, or you can have it be a heroic face like Mysterio or even Kofi Kingston. Either way, it creates a new dimension to the storyline by having someone else besides Cena involved in the fight against Punk, while at the same time that guy has a claim to have saved Cena's job.

Punk wins via screwjob: Vince McMahon screwing Cena is not out of the question here, and if he does, and reveals that Punk has signed a new contract, then Cena being fired is not necessary. Long shot, but if Punk has secretly re-signed as some seem to suspect, then I imagine they would go with something like that.

I see Punk winning. Then all of a sudden the Raw MITB winner runs down thanks to McMahon. Then in a huge shock Punk wins again!!!! As the crowd is going even more insane bc it truly looks like Punk is leaving with the WWE title, the Smackdown MITB winner comes in and defeats Punk. Shocking the crowd and McMahon as well. If it played out like this, whoever wins the Smackdown MITB match and then defeats Punk could be pushed to the stars. Saving the WWE title & not embarrassing McMahon. He could become McMahon's favorite. A corporate champion so to speak. With Cena gone, the new guy, with McMahon's help runs wild on raw doing what they want. They totally disregard the GM and any of his rules. After months of getting disrespected & tired of it, the GM 'rehires' Cena to be the hero. After Cena is all healed up, he returns, saving raw, regaining the title and his match with Rock still happens for the title at WM. But in the end, who really knows. Whatever happens, I feel like WWE wil get it right and have 1 hell of a ppv.

I really like this idea as it does two things that need to be done. 1 it has the first MITB loss and 2 it gives some much needed glory to the Smackdown brand. If it was a Smackdown guy to come in and save the company and the "better" Raw guy couldnt it could really make Smackdown look like they can hold their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back