How will Cena drop the belt to Punk & not be fired

Cena JMO is in a must win situation!! Vince all but said be doesnt believe cena can beat punk... I think Cena will drop the belt to Punk and then get kayfabe fired to heal up before WM!! I am thinking its too obvious that the money in the bank winner will cash in cough del rio cough! Cena has to win in order to keep his job no way can he lose and still be employed!! If punk does in fact beat cena and then del rio cashes it in on punk then i dont think punk will ever return to wwe!! Isnt that kinda of like vince giving him the finger saying basically i can do whatever the hell i want to my employees at any given time?

I think it would be good if Punk wins, and as soon as Vince comes down to fire Cena then he locks him into the STF, kinda like when Orton punted Vince in the skull when he was about to fire him.

But if Cena wins, then who knows whats in store, I'm excited for MITB.

2 real ways pop into my heads...Punk wins, ADR comes down with Vince and yada yada you know the rest...thats the boring option but rather safe. I personally think Punk will win, Cena is "fired", which means Punk has resigned an extension just like Jeff did a few years ago. Cena returns some kind of way by SummerSlam and theres your rematch. Because Punk could really be leaving after all so knows at this point. But then Punk gets carried off like Jericho did a couple of years ao after Summerslam, and then you have the same boring program just like before which is most likely to happen lol

I think a lot of people are over analyzing this scenario. I have no doubt that Cena wins, retaining the title (and his job). Punk leaves the WWE, and the Chicago fans in attendance and the IWC smarks are devastated. A couple of months later, Punk returns, rested and with new contract in hand. This ends his affiliation with the new Nexus once and for all, and Punk returns, possibly as soon as Summerslam, and gives a boost to the debuting Seth Rollins.

An interesting scenario is what if McMahon "turns" on Cena and costs him the title awarding it to CM Punk? McMahon fired Cena where, as many have said, heal from his injuries. This can set up some potential alliance between CM Punk and VKM, perhaps this could be the start of the planting of the seeds to a CM Punk vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin confrontation at WM28?

Or how about the sceanrio many are playing either The Miz or Del Rio win MITB and cashes it in to win the WWE Title. Becoming Vince's Champion. So now we have a main event heel The Miz/Del Rio, the super baby face Cena, and the Smark Tweener CM Punk.

PS: hatehabsforever Your sig makes me :icon_mad: and :angry: ... GO Nucks GO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:!!!

This is what should happen, Punk wins (maybe even the Nexus get involved), Barrett cashes in... Barrett goes over Punk, have the Nexus Corre join (I know they disbanded, I'm just saying, that would be bad ass to have the two join together). They have the power of the Tag, and WWE title. Then they just bully for a while with no John Cena in sight.

This isn't going to happen and I've seen in mentioned at least twice in this thread. The "rules" changed with last year's Money In The Bank PPV. The red case is for the WWE Championship and the blue case is for the World Heavyweight Championship. Plain and simple. A SmackDown superstar isn't going to cash in on Punk and vice versa.

As for what will happen: It's anyone's guess - which makes MITB well worth the buy.

My gut feeling is CM Punk isn't going anywhere and even if he takes time off of TV, he'll still be contracted to the WWE because he has already in fact re-signed.

There are too many factors for a prediction.

- IF Punk has re-signed, it is very plausible that one of the agreements/compromises was for him to become WWE Champion in the calendar year. Cena even went on record in the past saying he'd be fine with dropping the strap if it helped re-sign Punk.

- Cena has well known nagging injuries. Time off between now and WM28 is a very real possibility. Personally, I don't think this would happen before Summer Slam, but it's possible.

- There were early reports of the WWE looking to get The Rock involved in some capacity with Summer Slam. This would be hard to do if Cena is "fired" and not appearing on TV - but not impossible.

- The Raw Money In The Bank case winner. The biggest unknown variable of all. The ultimate "X Factor." Because of this, it is truly impossible to predict.

My biggest issue is, IF Punk becomes the WWE Champion and Cena IS fired/takes time off - who challenges Punk at Summer Slam? And after that? Raw is incredibly heel heavy. After Cena, who's next? Rey Mysterio? The Big Show? Alex Riley? Kofi Kingston? (You see the problem here).

Now, unless Hunter is expecting to dust off his boots or Y2J is coming to save us from Rey Mysterio being in the main event - you got a big problem if Cena is about to go into time off.

Why wouldn't Cena get fired, people get storyline fired all the time and show up the next week.

Secondly it would be a lot better if he lost and DID get fired, it would build more sympathy for the main event, Cena, and a hell of a lot more heat for Punk. I think its quite possible Punk leaves MITB with the title, Cena gets fired, everyone in the world hates Punk for "making sure" Rock OR Cena isn't in the main event, Cena comes back at the Rumble or sometime down the road and we are off to the races again. Sadly, the best way to keep Cena relevant until his match with Rocky is to not use him at all.

If Punk has in fact re-signed...one of the stipulations in the contract is probably a WWE title run as well as a break.

What some of you are not considering is this...WHAT IF CENA WINS AND SOMEONE CASHES IT IN AND WINS THE TITLE OFF AN INJURED CENA? Punk could perhaps, as a last dicth "screw you" to Cena, cause him to lose to whomever is cashing in the title.

While I wouldn't want to see another winner cash it in that night, maybe McMahon screws Cena over anyway. Cena still keeps his job but now has to fight to retain the title.

I said this in a thread I created. To paraphrase...

Punk wins at MITB and doesn't show up on RAW. Since there is no RAW champion, the GM (or maybe Vince since he's involved now) holds a tournament to crown an interm champion.

After a NEW winner is crowned and given a new title, Punk comes back and says he is the true champion since he never lost the title.

They have a match to unify the old spinner belt with the new one. Punk could lose and walk away for awhile after that.

IF a stipulation in a new contract is for a WWE title run...it may be for 2012. Punk could take his time off and come back to win the title after WM...maybe off The Rock and then go back into a program with Cena saying that HE beat Rock when Cena couldn't.

cm punk is not gonna win vs cena no chance in hell punk is gone this is the ways he gonna go out cena will win clean they r not gonna take the title off cena this soon sorry not gonna happen and punk is causing all types of problems and wwe cant do anything bout it calling people homos n what not i expect some kind of screwjob like what happend with bret hart mark my words punk is not leaving chicago with the title cena is gonna win hes only had the title for 2 months

A lot of good idea's in this forum. My first instict though was something different. I didn't really read into how Vince worded it (which I should have), but was thinking "if Cena loses, he's fired". And with Del Rio being the new former new number 1 contender, I thought of the possibility of a 3 way match, after some of Del Rio's charming whining. a 3 way where in Punk wins, by pinning Del Rio, and Cena isn't the "loser". Not my ideal option, especially not now having thought about it, but that was my first instinct regarding how to get out of it.

An interesting scenario is what if McMahon "turns" on Cena and costs him the title awarding it to CM Punk?

That's an interesting idea, and one that you might expect of Vince McMahon. It reminds me of the time nWo "invaded" WWE and Vince vowed to destroy the company by himself before allowing them to do it.

As to Cena losing his title and his job, remember that Wade Barrett had him "fired" last year and it's hard to believe they're going to do that again so soon, with him hanging on the fringes, causing disruption until the GM hires him back.

Either Cena wins the match or there's going to be a twist ending that defies whatever we thought was going to happen. It's exciting.

I honestly did not consider that angle: someone cashing in on Punk. Damn, you've created a spoiler before it even had the potential to be a spoiler. :wtf: Now that you mention it, I feel that's exactly what's going to happen--and though I like Punk, that's going to be funny as hell.

However, if Punk does stay, the same thing will happen, then afterward Punk will feud with McMahon because, remember, Punk is Austin's boy. What got Austin over, was it not feuding with the boss? WWE loves the fact that Punk is a heel yet gets huge positive pops. It's like 3:16 all over again. Plus, it seems like we're seeing a slow transition from the PG rating. We've been hearing a lot of "ass" bombs being dropped lately along with a lot of aggressive beat downs. Punk is the perfect character to usher in, what I would call, Attitude Too.

I honestly believe 3 things are could happen.

1. Cena wins Punk clean but in an exhausting match and Alberto Del Rio comes running down to the ring with VKM, and Del Rio cashes Money in the Bank and wins. Cena is then injured from Del Rio's finisher and takes a few months off to recover from his injuries. Multiple possibilities can come out of this, maybe Punk vs. Del Rio or even Nexus as a face/tweener stable vs. VKM, Del Rio, and a heel stable.

2. CM Punk wins John Cena which somehow gets injured during the match, and Alberto Del Rio cashes MitB on Punk. After Del Rio is successful, VKM tells Del Rio to punish Cena which gives him time off.

3. CM Punk wins John Cena which eventually gets him fired. Alberto Del Rio comes down to cash MitB on Punk, but Punk gives Alberto Del Rio a GTS. He then taunts Del Rio, and the crowd goes nuts. Nexus comes down to celebrate with Punk, but Punk just beats them up as well. The crowd would go crazy. And then a bunch of heels, told by VKM, come running down the ramp to get CM Punk. CM Punk runs into the crowd and leaves Chicago with the WWE championship. Very exciting if you ask me. Lots of possibilities could outcome from this on RAW the next night.

The easiest way to do it ws hinted at in a very sublime manner by Vince McMahon himself. The verbage of what Vince said on Raw last night was subtley worded so that it gave Cena an out, even if he does lose the match. What did Vince say that was so subtle? "If CM Punk leaves Chicago with the belt, Ill walk down this aisle and say, John Cena, youre fired."

Well, they've done the fired storyline with Cena before, and we all know how that played out. But if you look closely at what Vince said, he didnt say "If you lose the match to CM Punk,, Ill fire you." He said if Punk walked out of Chicago with the belt, he'ld fire Cena. There's a huge difference in something that was so carefully worded. And what a coincidence that this PPV happens to be Money in the Bank, where superstars compete in a ladder match to win a guaranteed shot at the champion of their choosing.

I could easily see the Raw MITB ladder match going on first. To "protect" the man who wins it, because I see them playing a pivotal role later, and for them to win the match and then cash it in directly following Punk/Cena would make it difficult for the viewer to suspend disbelief. But I think WWE tipped their hand somewhat with Vince's carefully worded promo. I fully expect CM Punk to win the title at MITB, giving him a moment in front of his home fans on the way out the door. I could see Vince heading to the ring appearing as if he's going to fire Cena, but instead announce that the Raw winner of MITB, perhaps Alberto Del Rio, is cashing in his contract. The belt switches hands again, Punk doesn't leave Chicago with the title, and Cena keeps his job. I can't see it playing out any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back