Might The Relaunch Of The XFL Lead To Vince Stepping Down?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
After refiling the XFL trademark last summer, as well as more trademarks in late-2017, there is no question that Vince McMahon has interest in a new football project. Whether it will be a revival of the XFL, the XFL being a part of the WWE Network, or XFL film being a part of a launch of another league, is still unknown. There are rumors that Vince might make an announcement regarding the XFL's future during the 25th Anniversary of Raw broadcast on January 23rd or on January 25th.

Vince also has started a company outside of the WWE, Alpha Entertainment, LLC. that is being/going to be funded by the $100 million worth of stock Vince recently sold. According to a WWE Spokesperson, this company is looking to venture into investment opportunities across the sports and entertainment landscapes, including pro football. Again, other than what's already been reported Vince McMahon has kept silent about what the plans are.

Now that you're all caught up on what's going on, or at least as much as we know thus far, you have to wonder if this MIGHT lead to Vince McMahon gradually stepping aside as WWE CEO in order to focus his time and energy on this new venture. As everyone knows, Vince McMahon is extremely hands on when it comes to pretty much anything he's involved with, the man's a control freak of legendary stature. As a result, depending on what his goals are, you have to think he's going to want to devote as much time and energy to make sure the XFL, Alpha Entertainment and whatever it ultimately is that he's got cooking doesn't lay another goose egg.

This doesn't mean or remotely suggest that Vince is just gonna say "I'm out" to WWE but, as I suggested, it might be part of a gradual process in which he extricates himself from his position; however, this all revolves around exactly what he has planned, when he intends to implement it and how successful it is. After all, when you really think about it, Vince isn't the type of person who "retires" and just sits on the porch in his rocking chair watching the sunset; in some way, shape or form, Vince will have something to do with WWE 'til the day he dies but if he's no longer CEO, it means he no longer legally calls the shots, especially when it comes to the creative aspects of WWE, no matter how many shares of stock he owns.

It might be a possibility but if you ask anybody that knows Vince, they would probably say highly unlikely. Vince is a workaholic and will continue to be all over raw even if he's relaunch the xfl. It's in in blood, he has to do everything so I'm stepping aside from his CEO position is like asking him to take a vacation, he might not focus as much on wwe but he's still will stay in charge of everything.

It would make sense. The common perception by many who have been close to Vince over the years say he wants to be anything other than a wrestling promoter.

Given his age, the age and readiness of his children, and the current sports climate, stepping down to give the XFL his full attention and energy seems like the perfect close to his story.

What will actually happen? He straddles both venutres, blows his 100 mil, and continues to present totally heartless, uncompelling wrestling programming for another ten years or so.

One thing that could make me believe that Vince would be ready to step down from Everyday WWE activities is a comment i've read from Kevin Nash when he had a coversation with Vince a couple of years ago. Vince said to Kevin '' how back when Nash came to WWE, the locker room was a jungle and everybody was trying to fight to get the top prize and didn'T wait for him to give them the ball, now it's frustrating for him because everybody is just waiting for him to give them the ball and they don'T have the drive that past generations had.''

After reading that, i made me think that if their was any chance of him leaving WWE and give more power To HHH as far as controlling the wrestling aspect of the company, i would start here because i fell like now Vince is such a intimidating figure that the newer generations are scared to go see him and to actually prove their worth and fight for getting a top spot and maybe HHH can help bring back that fire that's missing in the locker room.

When you heard so many guy bitching about how they never got the ball and it's creative's fault if they didn'T get the push or fans and dirtsheet writers blaming Vince for everything that's wrong with the company, i feel it would take a told on anybody and if that's what it takes for Vince to focus on something else and leave creative control to somebody else, so be it. The guy deserve a break from always been criticize by everybody that technically couldn't do his job on a regular based let alone for all theses years. So let somebody else get all the heat from everybody because let's face it, if fans think that the WWE product will chance because vince's isn't in control anymore, they will have a really bad surprise coming their way because the product won'T change until the mentality of the performers change and they don'T wait until the boss give them the ball to actually try and stand out from the pack.

When you heard so many guy bitching about how they never got the ball and it's creative's fault if they didn'T get the push or fans and dirtsheet writers blaming Vince for everything that's wrong with the company, i feel it would take a told on anybody and if that's what it takes for Vince to focus on something else and leave creative control to somebody else, so be it. The guy deserve a break from always been criticize by everybody that technically couldn't do his job on a regular based let alone for all theses years. So let somebody else get all the heat from everybody because let's face it, if fans think that the WWE product will chance because vince's isn't in control anymore, they will have a really bad surprise coming their way because the product won'T change until the mentality of the performers change and they don'T wait until the boss give them the ball to actually try and stand out from the pack.

When you hear so many guys bitching about how they never got any higher it's only natural to blame the person in charge. It's a commonly known fact that Vince McMahon is a control freak and everything runs through him.

I disagree that the mentality of the performers has to change, I think Vince's mentality has to change. We've just watched a three year push of Roman Reigns and it's taken three Royal Rumbles, main eventing Wrestlemania God knows how many times, just to get the guy cheered. Quite honestly it was the Shield reunion that got him the cheers, nothing else was working. But anyway Vince's laser focus on getting this guy over to the determent of everyone else is enough to put any fire out.

I believe that the other members of the roster have worked their asses off and a lot of them deserve better than they received. No wonder some left or considered leaving when you work night after night knowing you'll never get a shot.

Anyhow this is Vince's second kick at the can with the XFL. Hopefully he learned his lesson from his mistakes of the past, I'm doubtful, but will give it a chance. Will he ever step away from wrestling? Again that is doubtful, he will always have one hand in there no matter how many of the reigns he hands over to HHH. He will do it because this is a guy who can't let go completely of anything.

If Vince decides to go with an XFL 2.0 project, I really hope he heeds an important lesson learned by allowing HHH to mastermind NXT. That lesson is: Some people have a better grasp of what makes for good TV.

I remember when the XFL started, and dear God was it awful. I WANTED to like it, I really did. I was a WWF loyalist all the way, I enjoyed WCW but I harbored a resentment toward them for thinking that they were better than my favored company. Arguments would turn into physical fights in the third grade when someone tried to tell me that WCW was a better brand.

The XFL commercials would brag about how their cheerleaders really have no talent or morals, they only have big boobs. If I remember correctly, the commercials used to show them in the communal shower giggling and checking each other out while a creepy sarcastic voice over says "Don't worry, we'll try to teach them to cheer." So yeah, I guess some guys need exploitation of promiscuous women to overshadow their lust for watching large men pile on top of each other.

The XFL commercials used to show people having parties in the parking lot, bragging about how they're at an XFL game because the NFL is so stupid and lame. The only thing that they would ever explain to justify that point of view was that the XFL has no fair catch rule, which makes the XFL better for some people I suppose. I'm sure they weren't too happy when in, if I remember correctly, the first XFL game the receiver signaled for a fair catch and he wasn't tackled. So yeah.

The XFL commercials would brag that the players can wear whatever they want on the back of their jerseys. So they showed that "HE HATE ME" jersey a thousand times, because.... I don't fucking know.

The XFL commercials would brag that if a team doesn't win their game, they don't get paid. To me, that was pretty depressing to think about. You don't get any kind of stipend for the time and sacrifice you put into a fucking game because your quarterback bent his thumb the wrong way during a sack, or some shit.

The way that Vince's XFL ran, was fucking stupid from day one. Another thing I remember was Jesse Ventura stalking the coach of another team who completely ignored him. Jesse dogged him out saying stupid shit and gloated over it later. Then there was the time that they had to give out free advertising, and yeah, they were fucked.

Vince has a really fucked up view of the world, but he's shown that he's capable of letting his disposition slip a little toward being a Type B by allowing someone who's not a raving lunatic promote an intended image for a brand. Here's a fun idea, hire someone who knows a lot about football. Maybe see if Bob Costas wants to make a million dollars a year. Not macho enough? Maybe see if Mike Adamle wants to work for you some more. Hell, there's been a lot of former NFL players who have experience in professional wrestling in some capacity.

All Vince really has to do to do a better job this time around is leave the creative direction and bylaws to someone with a little more self control.

Vince McMahon could step down as CEO but maintain his chairmanship. He would still have the authority to change CEOs if he felt it was warranted. It is likely he would choose Shane, Stephanie, or Triple H to take over the reigns. Several factors would affect this decision. Which CEO would engender the most consumer confidence? Who has the gusto for the job? Who has the broadest array of skills? I think all three of those candidates bring something unique to the table. If Vince wants to control the CEO, however, Shane will probably offer resistance. Triple H and Stephanie are far more likely to carry out Vince McMahon’s wishes unfiltered and are therefore the most likely candidates. When Vince is no longer capable of fulfilling his chairmanship, a person with Shane’s spine would be the best equipped to take up take that post.

Starting a football league will take a lot of energy and attention. I do see Vince McMahon stepping down as WWE CEO after WrestleMania. Of course, I could be wrong. There’s no way of being 100% certain with Vince McMahon. I’m just basing my prediction on logic and reason. Vince McMahon has the personnel to keep WWE running well into the future. For the XFL or some reasonable facsimile to succeed, Vince McMahon will need to buckle down and devote himself 24/7. Vince’s one regret will be if the XFL fails because he was unwilling to invest himself 100% into the project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back