• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Michael Cole and JR as managers?

cmedge

The Abdi
I think it was nice to see Swagger have Cole in his corner and to have JR in King's corner. I think after this feud is over Michael Cole should be the number 1 heel manager like Bobby Heenan was and JR should be a face manager like Jimmy hart was at times. To get over the newer superstars such as Miz, Swagger, Morrison, Riley and etc. Managers and or valets are very good at getting superstars over and helping them improve like when Ric Flair was AJ Styles manager his mic skills improved vastly. What do you guys think about my idea if the WWE brought back managers?

I loved the UFC style managing. having JR and Cole shout orders while also attacking each other was great.

However I dont see it lasting past Extreme Rules. JR has said in the past that he is mostly done with the road. Its very taxing at his age and he has family. I can see managers hopefully coming into play in the future to help establish younger talent coming in.

I actually hated those two as managers.

Cole was getting annoying repeating everything over and over again.

And while I love JR calling matches, is coaching from Jerry's corner just seemed half hearted.

I loved the UFC style managing. having JR and Cole shout orders while also attacking each other was great.

However I dont see it lasting past Extreme Rules. JR has said in the past that he is mostly done with the road. Its very taxing at his age and he has family. I can see managers hopefully coming into play in the future to help establish younger talent coming in.

JR seems to be singing a different song lately, he said he would love to be called up and announce regularly, I think. I could very well be wrong.

On topic, I really didn't care for it, maybe if Cole kept his mouth shut a bit more. Honestly I enjoyed the Cole angle at first but now I just find him so goddamned annoying. He couldn't shut his mouth the whole match, and that made JR feel like he had to yell, which sounded forced. The whole match was awful.

I think it was nice to see Swagger have Cole in his corner and to have JR in King's corner. I think after this feud is over Michael Cole should be the number 1 heel manager like Bobby Heenan was and JR should be a face manager like Jimmy hart was at times. To get over the newer superstars such as Miz, Swagger, Morrison, Riley and etc. Managers and or valets are very good at getting superstars over and helping them improve like when Ric Flair was AJ Styles manager his mic skills improved vastly. What do you guys think about my idea if the WWE brought back managers?

Yes to Cole as a heel manager. He has heat comparable to Vickie, hell maybe even worse, and that can help get heat for a young star. And while his character is effective it is not working as a PBP announcer. So becoming a manager would be a logical thing to do.

No to JR as a manager. He's arguably the best announcer in WWE history, and if he's back on RAW why be anywhere else than behind the booth?

At his age and physical condition, I do not see JR as a manager. In the past it may have worked, but if JR is to appear on WWE tv in the future, it needs to be behind the announcers desk, where he belongs.

Michael Cole would be a perfect heel manager. He really is a heat magnet and few others in the business can get the crowd going with so little. Cole should form his own heel faction, I think he has done his time behind the desk, the fans truly hate his heel character so putting him on screen as a manager of a big name wrestler would be perfect for him and the WWE right now.

Other than Vickie, they have very few managers, so I think Cole should be given a run as a manager, see where he gets to. I think it would work

Quite simply, Yes for Cole and No for JR.

I can't stand Cole as an announcer so, personally, it would be great to limit his time on the broadcast to a few segments rather than talking over the whole show. Not to mention that he'd probably do a decent job of being a heel manager. As for JR, if he is going to return full time, put him at the announce table with King where he belongs.

J.R did indeed say he'd like to called up to announce again. Pretty sure it was in a blog...

I can see Cole being named general manager in the future... But not as a ringside manager. Yes it'd be good for drawing heat on new heels but I genuinely couldn't think of anything worse. I think it'd be over used and become stale very quickly.

I'm sick of Cole being involved in any type of ring action. He clearly has the "heel" persona down but he needs to realize that less is more. Yeah, we get it. You're evil. Do you have to do THIS all match?:

"COME ON SWAGGER! COME ON SWAGGER! COME ON SWAGGER! COME ON SWAGGER!"
"YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH! YEAH!"
"YOU GONNA CRY, KING? ARE YOU CRYING, KING? ARE YOU CRYING, KING? ARE YOU CRYING KING? ARE YOU CRYING, KING? ARE YOU CRYING, KING?"
"GET HIM, SWAGGER! GET HIM, SWAGGER! GET HIM, SWAGGER! GET HIM, SWAGGER! GET HIM SWAGGER!"
"YOU'RE A LOSER, J.R.! YOU'RE A LOSER, J.R.! YOU'RE A LOSER, J.R.! YOU'RE A LOSER, J.R.! YOU'RE A LOSER, J.R.!"
"DID THEY GET THE SAUCE OUT OF YOUR EYES, J.R.? DID THEY FIX IT? DID THEY? DID THEY FIX IT? DID THEY FIX IT? DID THEY? DID THEY FIX IT?"

I mean, come on. Even Bobby Heenan knew when to shut the fuck up. I get it. He's an annoying little imp...I finally cheered when Ross shut him up. It just gave me a headache. I like my heels arrogant and able to back up their well-spoken bragging with real action. Cole is the exact opposite of this. He's a needlessly annoying and shrill character who needs to be shut up...

And for the life of me, LAST NIGHT was a great time to end this stupid rivalry. What do they do? They extend it to Extreme Rules and it's no longer a singles match. It's a tag match...well, how the hell does THAT end anything? Why don't they just have him get a rematch against Cole last night, make it the main event, and end this thing?

JR should be announcing permantly and Cole would be a great heel manager. If he formed a stable of Miz,Alex Riley,Kong and two more younger guys to form a tag team they would be fun to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back