Greatest Manager Ever

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
There have been a lot of great managers over the years. Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Freddie Blassie, Grand Wizard, Cpt. Lou Albano, Mr Fuji, Miss Elizabeth, Slick, JJ Dillion, Sensational Sherri, Jim Cornette, and many others. Who do you think is the greatest manager of all time?

For me the greatest manager was Bobby Heenan. He had the best mix of managing single wrestlers as well as tag teams. He played his role very well and he led numerous superstars to championship gold. He was instrumental in helping the careers of superstars like Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect. He was also in the corner of Hulk Hogans opponents at both Wrestlemania 2 and 3 as he managed King Kong Bundy and Andre the Giant. It just seemed like any time the WWE had a talented heel that they wanted to push, Bobby Heenan was the guy that would manage them.

"The Mouth Of The South" Jimmy Hart

He should've been called King Midas...He worked as either a face or a heel, and he'll forever be associated with Hulkamania. The list of wrestlers he's managed is remarkable, and every manager today is compared to him.

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan was great, as was Mr. Fuji, but they don't come anywhere near Jimmy Hart...

Lou Albano.

He was the most visible manager with all the commotion he made outside the ring. He made you hate him, he made you disgusted. He could take bumps and kept coming back for more. He was a total maniac.

When the "Rock n' Wrestling" program was going strong, Captain Lou was the managerial face of it all.

Ask Cyndi Lauper.:blink:

Oh NSL nailed it, Jimmy Hart. That man could talk a mile a minute. He could hype up a rock into a boulder. He could turn a phrase at the drop of a hat. That man had it all. You wanted to beat the hell out of him if you faced him. He was ratfinked, he would use his megaphone as a weapon, and he captained many of the greatest superstars, including the Hart Foundation, a team that didn't have the best voice for itself. Hart was that missing key, and the Hart Foundation succeeded because of him.

Bobby "The Brain" Heenan....he was very funny, very effective at dastardly manager tricks, called his men his "stable", handled everything from SHW (King Kong Bundy), to tag-teams (Brainbusters), to technical wrestlers ("Ravishing" Ric Rude), to brawlers (Hercules). Time after time his men came up short but every time he made us believe that his guy(s) stood a chance to knock off our hero, and actually made us believe that they were cheated their last time out. Amazing speaker, could deliver memorable promos, and could definitely make the grade today managing somebody like Great Khali, MVP, Snitsky, even Kane. Shame his health is not so good, I think he'd make a welmcomed addition to any show.

For me I think that the greatest manger of all time is hard to choose. Since there was so many. But i think people are going to choose either Jimmy Hart or Bobby Heehen. They both can talk very well and both had manag some of the greats.

But a notabale mention is Paul bearur. The guy made Kane and Undertaker what they were back in the 90s really scary. Well the guy in my opinoin did not have the best mic skills out of all the mangers he was still good doing his job and that was makeing Kane and Undertaker seem like back in the 90s Beliveable scary monster.

I seriously can't believe anyone hasn't said Head. That was a great manager. Right along with Moppy.

But seriously, I have to add to the list Paul E. Dangerously. His managerial list is like a who's who of professional wrestling. He was also able to manage in almost all of the big named promotions (AWA, NWA, WCW, ECW, WWE) and was successful in all of them. While I think that Heenan and Hart both were great managers, I think that you have to put Dangerously as the last great manager.

The first true heel manager in the WWE the Grand Wizard, the guy had it all. He was evil the way a great heel manager is suppose tp be and even though he was over he always kept the focus on his guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back