• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*MERGED* Undertaker's POTENTIAL Wrestlemania Opponents Thread

If anyone remembers, before his last match against Kane(Buried Alive I think)...he had this same shoulder injury, and he still competed...I think he will be at Wrestlemania to compete, probably not at 100%, but, still compete.

It has become tradition for the Undertaker to take time off after Wrestlemania anyway, and with this injury, he will be able to do it again. But, it is also a possibility that, they know he will be back in time, and they are just keeping their mouths shut, so, it doesnt leak out, and they have the huge surprise factor.

I do find the option of a triple threat intriguing the last man it should be is John Cena. If you ever do Cena/Taker its got to be one on one. PERIOD

3 options I see
1) CM Punk. Already has connections for wanting to fight Barret and has history with Taker
2) Kane. It could be a whole Nexus/Kane alliance scenario. Kane is angry with Wade becasue Wade promised him his brother was DEAD
3) Big Show. He is the Dark Horse but I have my reasons. First Show has business with Corre and Wad. Second he can have unfinished biz with Taker too. He did fight Taker at a past WM but he was never pinned as it was his partner A-Train who took the loss. He can say Taker has beaten great champs like
Kane, HHH, HBK, Flair, Nash, Batsita, Orton and Edge but he never beat me
So tired of facing the freakshows like boxers with loaded gloves or fat turds in diapers He wants to wrestle

I could only see a triple threat match making sense if it was to challenge for the World Title. Undertaker could get revenge on Kane at Elimination Chamber by putting him out of commission earlier in the show, forcing the GM to replace Kane's spot in the chamber, so then they don't have to have a grudge match at or before Mania. Barrett could win the title at Elimination Chamber and defend against Edge and Taker at Mania.
The problem with a title match for Undertaker is whether he can do a string of matches leading up to a title defense in the coming month after putting his body on the line at WrestleMania.
I do think he is going to do WrestleMania, because otherwise in order to make it an even 20 victories he's gotta to this plus another year as a wrestler, and he probably doesn't want to make the risk bigger by missing this Mania and trying to push himself to the next 2.
In my opinion, a rational answer is Triple H. He's a veteran who can pull off a great match and make Taker look good without injuring him. Not so sure the same can be said for Barrett. This is a bigger draw, with HBK being retired by Taker, and Game thinking he's that damn good that he can have another shot at Taker's streak. They don't necessarily have to ignore the Triple H/ Sheamus angle as Triple H can get quick vengeance at Rumble and at Elimination Chamber. And now that I think of it since you were talking Triple Threat, hHh, Sheamus, Undertaker would make a bigger match than Barrett and Edge. They could easily assert Sheamus in between a Triple H and UnderTaker dispute. Sheamus is very ambitious and would want to take out both Trips and Taker, retire them both and take the streak down. Believable match-up, and very "unpredictable" situation with Triple H and Sheamus both being the type to want to hurt someone. Good opportunity for face or heel turn from either of the Triple H or Sheamus. Or subtract Sheamus from the fray altogether and resume the rivalry past Mania. They have options.

While I respect McMahon for the marketing genius that he is, sometimes I feel that Vince is off his damn rocker. Why Barrett? Sure Barrett is a good performer, but damn, how can one go from Michaels to Barrett and call that legitimate?

That was kind of off subject, I know. But I had to vent.

If Taker's not 100% have him work as a heel, get him a couple of cronnies, make the Mania match a No-DQ match, and have the cronnie do most of the work. As far as an opponent, or storyline, have Cena put Barrett out of commission, denying Taker of Vengence, thus pissing Taker off, leading to Taker becoming a heel, thus facing Cena at Mania.

No, I don't think the Undertaker should be in a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Why? Because.

If taker was never pinned and someone else was he would still lose the streak! That will never happen! He lost the wwe championship in this senario! It was a triple threat match with taker vs angle vs rock!

While I respect McMahon for the marketing genius that he is, sometimes I feel that Vince is off his damn rocker. Why Barrett? Sure Barrett is a good performer, but damn, how can one go from Michaels to Barrett and call that legitimate?

That was kind of off subject, I know. But I had to vent.

If Taker's not 100% have him work as a heel, get him a couple of cronnies, make the Mania match a No-DQ match, and have the cronnie do most of the work. As far as an opponent, or storyline, have Cena put Barrett out of commission, denying Taker of Vengence, thus pissing Taker off, leading to Taker to becoming a heel, thus facing Cena at Mania (with cronnies).

No, I don't think the Undertaker should be in a triple threat match at Wrestlemania. Why? Because.

I feel he should make his return at Wrestlemania 27. He could do like 2004 & start promo's against a more worthy opponent...John Cena. But first shows up @ EC to confront Wade when he's alone & beat him so badly enough to injure him. Then points his finger @ Cena for Wrestlemania. The next night Cena reveals to be behind the Undertaker's attack @ Bragging Rights. Then Taker plays his mind games over Cena for revenge ever since.

I'm sorry to troll, but you guys who are saying that Taker and Cena need to feud are kind of naive. Sure, it's sort of like a dream match because Cena has beaten pretty much everybody but Taker, but it's just not going to happen. If it were to happen, it would make much more sense if Taker turned heel because he's at least been a heel at some point in his career. For Cena to turn heel properly, it would take a lot of time and a slow build up for people to embrace the idea. If you do it quickly, kids will boo him out of the arena for a few months, but then they'll go right back to either cheering for him because they still own his t-shirt, or they (like everyone else) will just lose interest in the character. How many times can you guys see that it's not going to happen before you finally realize that it's not going to happen...like, ever?

As for the actual topic, sure, a triple threat would be an acceptable way to give Undertaker a lighter work load for Mania. I agree with everyone that Mania is kind of the place where only two men go to settle their differences, but Taker probably has unfinished business with both Kane and Barrett. Plus, it gives the Corre something to do at the event, as well. I've stated before that if Taker and Kane face each other at Mania AGAIN this year, then I'm going to look at the rest of the card to see if it's even worth it. But, if the two were in some triple threat match with Wade, I'll probably still be pretty apathetic, yet I doubt it'll hold me back from purchasing the show.

honestly, Undertaker is a legend..he can pull it off...but back to the main point of the thread: I agree with the person who said undertaker and cena in a tag match...that would be epic against barrett and punk, like if they joined their alliances together...but like i said, i would prefer to see taker in a singles match, not main event wrestlemania, but just in a normal singles match would be great.

I wouldn't be surprised by anything because ultimately they want Taker at Wrestlemania in whatever capacity. Even if he was injured and could only come in and deliver a sloppy chokeslam in a 6 man tag.

However if he is fit and ready then the WWE will go for a 1 on 1 bout.

If it's going to be a Triple Threat, the only logical choice is against Punk and Barrett. Punk because now he leads Nexus, the group responsible for the burial of Undertaker. Wade cause he's the one who ordered them.

I honestly feel that Wade Barrett is not getting enough credit. This makes him unquestionably: UNDER-RATED

The few times he's actually wrestled (cuz let's face it, he has talked more often than wrestled), I have been thoroughly impressed. He reminds me of Randy Orton early on in WWE.

He has a wide arsenal of maneuvers, most of which rarely get used anymore. Like Pump-Handle Slam, Bossman Slam, etc etc.

Can he put on a good match with The Undertaker? No doubt about it. I'm more concerned with Taker than with Barrett. His health and how mobile he is going to be in the ring.

I honestly feel that Wade Barrett is not getting enough credit. This makes him unquestionably: UNDER-RATED

The few times he's actually wrestled (cuz let's face it, he has talked more often than wrestled), I have been thoroughly impressed. He reminds me of Randy Orton early on in WWE.

He has a wide arsenal of maneuvers, most of which rarely get used anymore. Like Pump-Handle Slam, Bossman Slam, etc etc.

Can he put on a good match with The Undertaker? No doubt about it. I'm more concerned with Taker than with Barrett. His health and how mobile he is going to be in the ring.

How the hell is he underrated when he hasn't proven anything on the ring?

You've been impressed by his matches? Um, is that enough credibility to follow Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice nowadays? Because Bryan and Morrison have impressed more people, so if that's enough credibility to take on The Streak I think it should be either Bryan or Morrison that goes against Taker, not Wade,

Back there in 2008, IWC was crazy about seeing Kozlov at Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25 in Undefeated vs Undefeated supposedly because Kozlov is has this move and that move. Until now, I still believe people are glad the match didn't happen at all at Wrestlemania 25.

I have a lot of faith in Barrett's abilities but I think it is simply to soon for him to main event a Mania match against Taker. First of all he no big match experience at all and I think there will be a lot of pressure on him to have a good match against Taker, which could be hard since the Undertaker is coming off of an injury. Second of all will this match really be a draw? There are many people who don't watch wrestling very often but still watch WM. Last year we had Taker vs HBK, everybody knows who those two are. But will casual fans really care about this newbie named Wade Barrett? Also there will be no element of surprise. I mean does anybody think that Wade even has any chance of betting the Undertaker and ending the streak? I sure don't. Not even with the whole roster behind him.

And does anyone really believe Wasteland can take out Undertaker? I think no for two reasons:

1. Attitude Adjustment looks more brutal than that.
2. Considering far stronger & more effective finishers like Jacknife Powerbomb, Release Powerbomb, Chokeslam, Sledgehammer, Figure 4-Leg Lock, RKO, Batista Bomb, Spear, and Sweet Chin Music didn't do the job.....u get my point.

And this could very well be Undertaker's last Wrestlemania for God's sake! How the hell if his last Wrestlemania is against Wade Barrett?!

How the hell is he underrated when he hasn't proven anything on the ring?

What is he suppose to prove? His matches have been incredible. What more would you like?

You've been impressed by his matches? Um, is that enough credibility to follow Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice nowadays? Because Bryan and Morrison have impressed more people, so if that's enough credibility to take on The Streak I think it should be either Bryan or Morrison that goes against Taker, not Wade,

First off, Batista? lmao

Batista won the world title from HHH in his first Mania main event. And Batista was garbage in the ring. Barrett has already shown better in ring ability, a larger arsenal of moves and far superior mic skills. Now you're OVERRATING Batista.

Barrett is a big man. 9/10 Undertaker faces big men at WM. Sid, Diesel, Kane, Mark Henry, King Kong Bundy, Giant Gonzalez, Triple H, Randy Orton, A-Train, Big Show.

It's only recently that The Undertaker suddenly HAD to face a High Caliber opponent. Half those guys don't have the upside that Barrett has.

Back there in 2008, IWC was crazy about seeing Kozlov at Undertaker at Wrestlemania 25 in Undefeated vs Undefeated supposedly because Kozlov is has this move and that move. Until now, I still believe people are glad the match didn't happen at all at Wrestlemania 25.

That's nice, but I didn't. Kozlov and Barrett are not similar in anyway.

I have a lot of faith in Barrett's abilities but I think it is simply to soon for him to main event a Mania match against Taker.

I'm sure plenty of people thought that The Undertaker beating Hulk Hogan was too soon for him. Undertaker in his debut match pinned a future HOF. And at his first WM he pinned a future HOF.

Everyone knows Barrett is not going to win, so why all the fuss?

Barrett is the Future, like Taker was then. Only Barrett has put it all together faster than anyone in recent memory.

Did Taker have Barrett's mic skills or arsenal of moves? No.

People realize where The Undertaker is now in terms of his legacy, but they so quickly forget how he got here to begin with. He had a early push as well.

First of all he no big match experience at all and I think there will be a lot of pressure on him to have a good match against Taker, which could be hard since the Undertaker is coming off of an injury.

Barrett has been main eventing since Summerslam. What pressure? He's been on live tv, giving flawless promos each and every week. He's been in great matches with Edge, Randy Orton, John Cena, Sheamus, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, etc etc.

What PRESSURE?

Second of all will this match really be a draw? There are many people who don't watch wrestling very often but still watch WM. Last year we had Taker vs HBK, everybody knows who those two are. But will casual fans really care about this newbie named Wade Barrett? Also there will be no element of surprise. I mean does anybody think that Wade even has any chance of betting the Undertaker and ending the streak? I sure don't. Not even with the whole roster behind him.

If Triple H, Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels didn't end the streak.......no one will.

Didn't last years WM do worse than the year before?

HBK-Taker 2 (WM) was a highly overrated match. The first one was iconic, the 2nd was forgettable.......just a retread.

And does anyone really believe Wasteland can take out Undertaker? I think no for two reasons:

1. Attitude Adjustment looks more brutal than that.
2. Considering far stronger & more effective finishers like Jacknife Powerbomb, Release Powerbomb, Chokeslam, Sledgehammer, Figure 4-Leg Lock, RKO, Batista Bomb, Spear, and Sweet Chin Music didn't do the job.....u get my point.

No the AA does not look more brutal......lol

Listen to the sound from Barrett's finisher and then the AA. That's all you need to know that you're wrong. You can hear the force of Barrett's move.

And this could very well be Undertaker's last Wrestlemania for God's sake! How the hell if his last Wrestlemania is against Wade Barrett?!

It won't be. 20-0 next year. That's it.

What is he suppose to prove? His matches have been incredible. What more would you like?

Explanation below. I hate repeating myself.

First off, Batista? lmao

Batista won the world title from HHH in his first Mania main event. And Batista was garbage in the ring. Barrett has already shown better in ring ability, a larger arsenal of moves and far superior mic skills. Now you're OVERRATING Batista.

Did that hinder Batista to be insanely over with crowd and put a Wrestlemania classic with Undertaker at WM 23? No. And the fact that before he faced Taker at Mania he has won the world title twice, won Royal Rumble once, and main evented Mania once didn't hurt either.

Barrett has won....what again?

Barrett is a big man. 9/10 Undertaker faces big men at WM. Sid, Diesel, Kane, Mark Henry, King Kong Bundy, Giant Gonzalez, Triple H, Randy Orton, A-Train, Big Show.

Then I take it u knew half of his match against those people, namely, Gonzales, A-Train, Bundy, Henry, Show, and Boss Man has been all horrible and considered the worst of its kind by many? Why risk it again? What makes it worth? The last time Taker faced a guy who hasn't even experienced a year in WWE at Wrestlemania 9, it turned out to be the worst match of his career.

It's only recently that The Undertaker suddenly HAD to face a High Caliber opponent. Half those guys don't have the upside that Barrett has.

Agree with the 5 morons I mentioned above, but I can't say the same for Orton, HHH, Kane, Diesel, and Sid, tho. Again, why risk it? Why take the chance? Why not put a bigger draw, say like, a rematch between Taker vs HHH? 10 years in the making, HBK's revenge, whatever. We know it will sell.

That's nice, but I didn't. Kozlov and Barrett are not similar in anyway.

Actually, in a way they are. Kozlov was barely in his first year in WWE when people already rumored Taker vs Kozlov at WM 25, same with Wade.

I'm sure plenty of people thought that The Undertaker beating Hulk Hogan was too soon for him. Undertaker in his debut match pinned a future HOF. And at his first WM he pinned a future HOF.

It was roughly a year after Taker debuted, and he was more over than Barrett is back then. Barrett has been with WWE barely a year, dude.

Everyone knows Barrett is not going to win, so why all the fuss?

Fuss? Hm...here's one, what can he give to The Streak? We all know ever since Wrestlemania 20 where The Streak is a focal point of Undertaker's WM route, the only garbage match he's had was with Henry at Wrestlemania 22 in the worst Casket match of all time thanks to Vince believing Taker could carry Henry into a legendary match. Literally, Taker didn't gain anything by defeating Henry. But look at the other five victims, they were all credible.

And especially the last three. By defeating Batista at Wrestlemania 23, Undertaker defeated someone with:

# Pro Wrestling Illustrated

* PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005

# World Wrestling Entertainment

* World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
* World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena (1)
* WWE Championship (2 times)
* WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rey Mysterio
* Royal Rumble (2005)
* Match of The Year 2007 vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23
* Feud of the Year (2007) vs. The Undertaker

# Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

* Feud of the Year (2005) vs. Triple H

He also main evented Wrestlemania 21 prior to meeting The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23. And by defeating him Undertaker have also defeated the entire Evolution members following Triple H at Wrestlemania X-7, Ric Flair at Wrestlemania X-8, and Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

By defeating Edge at Wrestlemania 24, Undertaker defeated someone with:

* World Wrestling Federation / World Wrestling Entertainment
o World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
o World Tag Team Championship (12 times) – with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), Randy Orton (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o WWE Championship (4 times)
o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
o WCW United States Championship (1 time)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Rey Mysterio (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o King of the Ring (2001)
o Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
o Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) – with Vickie Guerrero
o Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
o Royal Rumble (2010)

Along the way, The Undertaker also defeated one of the E&C members, both Rated RKO members, and the leader of La Familia.

The last but definitely not the least, by defeating (and retiring) Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV & XXVI, he defeated someone with:

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho
o PWI Match of the Year (1993) vs. Marty Jannetty on Monday Night Raw on May 17
o PWI Match of the Year (1994) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
o PWI Match of the Year (1995) vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI
o PWI Match of the Year (1996) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o PWI Match of the Year (2004) vs. Chris Benoit and Triple H at WrestleMania XX
o PWI Match of the Year (2005) vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21
o PWI Match of the Year (2006) vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 22
o PWI Match of the Year (2007) vs. John Cena on Raw on April 23
o PWI Match of the Year (2008)] vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o PWI Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV
o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1995, 1996)
o PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1996
o PWI ranked him #10 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
o PWI ranked him #33 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Marty Jannetty in 2003

o WWF Championship (3 times)
o WWF European Championship (1 time)
o WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Diesel (2), Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), and Triple H (1)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Triple H (1)
o World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
o Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)
o Fourth Triple Crown Champion
o First Grand Slam Champion
o Slammy Award for Best Slammin' Jammin' Entrance (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Threads (1996)
o Slammy Award for Squared Circle Shocker (1996) Won for collapsing; Owen Hart accepts the award for making Michaels collapse
o Slammy Award for Master of Mat Mechanics (1996)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1996) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at SummerSlam
o Slammy Award for Leader of the New Generation (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Finisher (1997)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1997) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2008) vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV

I didn't list Michaels Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards cause it's too many to name and the page won't be able to sustain it. By defeating and retiring Shawn Michaels, Undertaker also defeated three Kliq members (including Diesel at WM 12), one of The Rockers, both DX members, and two NWO members.

I'm wondering what kind of credibility would The Streak gain....and whether or not we can suspend our belief, because after defeating guys like Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice, u really can't expect we can take this match seriously. It's like putting Undertaker against Big Show & A-Train after he defeated Triple H & Ric Flair or putting him against Mark Henry after he defeated Randy Orton.

It's been a good 4 years run leading to Taker's end of career, why stop it? Why ruin it?

What kind of credibility The Streak would have by defeating Wade Barrett? Assuming Barrett has actually won anything or being involved in classic feuds and legendary matches, that is...

Barrett is the Future, like Taker was then. Only Barrett has put it all together faster than anyone in recent memory.

Ever heard of Sheamus? I don't like that guy, bu not admitting him is silly.

Did Taker have Barrett's mic skills or arsenal of moves? No.

Now, this is insulting. If you watch Taker during his ABA days, I'm sure u knew how well he's above Barrett in terms of mic skill.

And arsenal? What, did Wade walk over the top rope to launch his fist from the air? Did Wade perform a suicide dive? A flying clothesline? A running DDT? A chokeslam? A Last Ride? Running jumping leg drop? Guillotine Leg Drop? Sidewalk slam? Tombstone Piledriver? Did Wade even do Gogoplata?

If u call backbreaker, big boot, uppercut, and fireman's carry slam as arsenal of moves nowadays, then that only shows how the might has fallen.

People realize where The Undertaker is now in terms of his legacy, but they so quickly forget how he got here to begin with. He had a early push as well.

And it worked better than the push Barrett received.

And it's not like there's any guarantee Barrett won't misuse The Streak push. The Undertaker has a nightmarish history of how people treat the push he gave anyway. Here:

1. Giant Gonzales = The match became his worst match ever. Gonzales quit the company before the year even ended. And Gonzales was picked over Hogan to face him at Wrestlemania 9 too.
2. King Kong Bundy = He was picked over Bret Hart to push him back to main event scene. Look what happened?
3. Kane = A meteoric rise in 1998 to a main event status....before Kane himself decided to dwell in the mid-card scene from 1999 to 2001 and finally becoming full fledged jobber from 2002 to 2009. Winning the world title again in....2010, that's 12 years of jobbing. Unwise.
4. Big Boss Man = Picked over Mankind to face Taker at Mania 15 in order to push him to main event status. Until now the match remains to be the worst Hell In A Cell match ever and the only Taker WM match to receive 'boring!' chants from the fans. Even Taker himself was reportedly upset over the quality of the match. Until his death, Boss Man never touched more than the lower mid-card scene.
5. Maven = .....sorry, I don't have the heart to say it.
6. Lesnar = Where is he 2 years after Taker pushed him?
7. A-Train = Where is he a year after The Streak push at Wrestlemania 19?
8. FBI = A huge mid-card feud against Taker at 2003....where were they one year after the push?
9. Heindenrich = Where is he six months after the grand push Taker gave him?
10. Kennedy = See number 6.
11. Mark Henry = Picked over Benoit & Angle to face Taker at WM 22 in order to push him to the main event status. The match turned out to be the worst Casket match of all time. To make it worse, Henry admitted he could care less of the push cause he did it only for money. Till today, still dwelling in lower-mid card scene on RAW.
12. The Great Khali = Eh....do I even need to say anything about this?
13. Kozlov = ........

To those who wonder why MANKIND didn't make it to the list...errr....he was already a huge name in ECW before he came to WWE. I'm sure the feud with Taker cemented his place on the main event scene, but it's not like he was a rookie when he faced Taker. It's kinda like what The Rock did to Goldberg (cementing other's promotion main eventer in WWE's main event scene). The feud was huge, but Mick was by no means a lower mid-carder when he faced Taker.

The only man who used a push against The Undertaker was only RANDY ORTON, who won Feud of The Year 2005 for his feud with Taker. After having what may very well be the finest Wrestlemania performance in his career to date thanks to the help of Undertaker and rocketing the credibility of The Streak to the moon & nails it there, he uses his push to the full extent, winning more than 5 world titles, winning Royal Rumble, main eventing Wrestlemania, and becoming the biggest or the second biggest name in WWE all in the span of 5 years as well as winning a Feud of The Year award once. Now THAT's a good use!!

I'm not saying Wade will definitely ruin his push, but why risk The Streak for it? Out of 14 names Taker had helped, only 1 used his push to the max.

I'm not against Taker vs Wade at all, but don't do it at Wrestlemania. WM is all about moment and draw, if WWE want a big draw, they'll do Taker vs HHH since everyone is assuming Cena is being kept for Taker's last match.

10 years in the making + HBK's revenge = Huge draw! Just have HHH screw Sheamus at RR, defeats him at EC, and reveals himself as the true leader of Nexus who ordered Wade to attack Taker.

Once Taker vs HHH at WM done, Taker can shift his attention to Wade and his new group. Sounds like a win-win situation for me.

Barrett has been main eventing since Summerslam. What pressure? He's been on live tv, giving flawless promos each and every week. He's been in great matches with Edge, Randy Orton, John Cena, Sheamus, Bret Hart, Chris Jericho, etc etc.

What PRESSURE?

Has he main evented Wrestlemania before? Because you know, main eventing Summerslam, RAW, and Survivor Series is different from main eventing Wrestlemania. And do u really think his promos can help him in the ring when he's performing? Please don't tell me u believe he can cut a promo while having a match (LOL).

And great matches? Wow, did we even see the same show? I was excited about Wade in the beginning because of the good storyline and decent promos but then I saw him in the ring against Henry - and that was an awful match, but O.k. this is Mark Henry after all, then I watched his match with Edge - nothing, with Jericho - nothing, with Cena - decent match at last! , then with Orton - nothing, then again with Cena - nothing. Honestly that guy barely knows what to do in the ring, he is more limited than Cena and does a lot of botches. And his promos ... they are still decent but he is no way one of the best on the mic, even in WWE!

And a great match against Bret Hart, WTF?! You mean Bret got ONE below average match during his second run in WWE?! ROFL!!! I think I missed the match if he did, but I'm glad, after all Bret vs Vince was the second worst Wrestlemania match of all time right after Lesnar vs Goldberg. I just hope Bret didn't need the whole roster to fight Barrett, LOL.

If Triple H, Randy Orton and Shawn Michaels didn't end the streak.......no one will.

Didn't last years WM do worse than the year before?

HBK-Taker 2 (WM) was a highly overrated match. The first one was iconic, the 2nd was forgettable.......just a retread.

So forgettable it won The Wrestling News Observer's & PWI's Match of The Year (2009 & 2010) two years in a row.*

*Note the sarcasm.

Any of the your so called "Wade Barrett's great matches" didn't even make it to the nomination, be it in PWI or WNO.

And I doubt Taker vs Wade can be better than Taker vs Sid which ranks number 10 in my top 10 Taker WM match anyway.

I also doubt Taker vs Wade can follow any of Undertaker's last 4 WM match with Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice.

Of course if Taker vs Wade happens and turns out to be an all-time classic I'll admit my mistake like a man.

But if it turns out to be an average match or below average to that matter...o boy, WZ will never hear the end of it from me.

That's why I said: Why risk The Streak? Do Taker vs Wade somewhere else.

No the AA does not look more brutal......lol

Listen to the sound from Barrett's finisher and then the AA. That's all you need to know that you're wrong. You can hear the force of Barrett's move.

I also know if dropping The Undertaker from a Fireman's carry position is more than enough to end The Streak, whereas a Jacknife Powerbomb, Release Powerbomb, Chokeslam, sledgehammer to the head, Batista Bomb, RKO, Spear, Figure-4, and Sweet Chin Music didn't do the job, then WWE be damned.

He couldn't even do a decent Wasteland on Henry and Big Show!

If only he uses F-5 from the start properly and can do it to anyone, I might change my mind.

It won't be. 20-0 next year. That's it.

You're a fortune teller or something?

If it's indeed true, I hope WWE have the decency to finally book Taker vs Cena.

Cause I don't wanna see Taker vs Sheamus or Taker vs Del Rio or Taker vs McIntyre or Taker vs any of the youngsters for his retirement match.

Did that hinder Batista to be insanely over with crowd and put a Wrestlemania classic with Undertaker at WM 23? No. And the fact that before he faced Taker at Mania he has won the world title twice, won Royal Rumble once, and main evented Mania once didn't hurt either.

Being over and being a good WRESTLER are two different things. Barrett is insanely over, but he's a good WRESTLER. Batista was/is awful. Intense, but not a good wrestler.

A Wrestlemania classic? Batista and Wrestlemania classic do not belong in the same sentence. Shame on you.

He was also a ridiculous Deacon body guarding a poor box. You'll excuse me if I didn't take him seriously for at least 3 years after that.

Barrett has won....what again?

NXT Season 1, remember?

Taker had 1 Title reign his first 7 years in WWE. You're not making much sense. Start anytime you're ready.

Every wrestler has to start somewhere. Some are so good that they don't need championships to boast about. That's like saying Mr. Perfect or The British Bulldog couldn't face Taker because they weren't world champions. Barrett's a real deal fighter. Has the size, the look, charisma, in-ring technique, and mic skills to be a huge Superstar.

Yokozuna was in WWE for 3 months when he won The Royal Rumble. And three months later he was WWF Champion.

Now he was a great wrestler, no question there. But from 92 - 96, he had 2 world title reigns, 2 tag title reigns and a Royal Rumble victory.

He in my eyes is a HOF and Batista is not. But yet Batista has more "accomplishments". This day and age titles change hands so much more frequently, it's not the same and you should know that.

Then I take it u knew half of his match against those people, namely, Gonzales, A-Train, Bundy, Henry, Show, and Boss Man has been all horrible and considered the worst of its kind by many? Why risk it again? What makes it worth? The last time Taker faced a guy who hasn't even experienced a year in WWE at Wrestlemania 9, it turned out to be the worst match of his career.

Were any of those guys good wrestlers? I said Barrett reminded me of Randy Orton. Do you honestly feel Barrett is not above all those clowns?

Agree with the 5 morons I mentioned above, but I can't say the same for Orton, HHH, Kane, Diesel, and Sid, tho. Again, why risk it? Why take the chance? Why not put a bigger draw, say like, a rematch between Taker vs HHH? 10 years in the making, HBK's revenge, whatever. We know it will sell.

Actually, in a way they are. Kozlov was barely in his first year in WWE when people already rumored Taker vs Kozlov at WM 25, same with Wade.

Oh yeah, that makes them SOOOOOO much alike. They are practically twins, like the Bellas. We should call them the Newbie twins because of rumors.

It was roughly a year after Taker debuted, and he was more over than Barrett is back then. Barrett has been with WWE barely a year, dude.

lol.....Hogan was the biggest star in Wrestling history. Taker is not, and he was beating Hogan for the WWF Title. And back then one year was a short period of time. Look how many years it took Andre The Giant, Bret Hart or Macho Man, and look at all the guys who haven't been champion who should have been or would have been if they were wrestling today.

Fuss? Hm...here's one, what can he give to The Streak? We all know ever since Wrestlemania 20 where The Streak is a focal point of Undertaker's WM route, the only garbage match he's had was with Henry at Wrestlemania 22 in the worst Casket match of all time thanks to Vince believing Taker could carry Henry into a legendary match. Literally, Taker didn't gain anything by defeating Henry. But look at the other five victims, they were all credible.

I'm so sick of all this streak talk......Orton should have ended the streak, then we wouldn't have to hear about it anymore.

Barrett vs. The Undertaker is about a feud, not Taker's streak. The Buried Alive match remember? Barrett is a cocky young up & comer looking to make a name for himself. Win or lose......he will. Maybe it will take until WM for you to see it.

What can ANYONE give to it? NO ONE IS GOING TO END IT. I just want a good match.......a good WRESTLING MATCH......not some over-hyped, over-rated punchfest like:

Batista vs. Taker
HHH vs. Batista
Austin vs. HBK
Austin vs. The Rock (15 & 17)
Cena vs. Batista

Those listed above were not wrestling matches, they were Brawl For All contests without gloves.

Is it too much for me to ask to see WRESTLING at WRESTLE-MANIA?

And especially the last three. By defeating Batista at Wrestlemania 23, Undertaker defeated someone with:

# Pro Wrestling Illustrated

* PWI Most Improved Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI Wrestler of the Year (2005)
* PWI ranked him #1 of the 500 best singles wrestlers in the PWI 500 in 2005

# World Wrestling Entertainment

* World Heavyweight Championship (4 times)
* World Tag Team Championship (3 times) – with Ric Flair (2) and John Cena (1)
* WWE Championship (2 times)
* WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Rey Mysterio
* Royal Rumble (2005)
* Match of The Year 2007 vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23

# Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards

* Feud of the Year (2005) vs. Triple H

He also main evented Wrestlemania 21 prior to meeting The Undertaker at Wrestlemania 23. And by defeating him Undertaker have also defeated the entire Evolution members following Triple H at Wrestlemania X-7, Ric Flair at Wrestlemania X-8, and Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21.

By defeating Edge at Wrestlemania 24, Undertaker defeated someone with:

o World Heavyweight Championship (5 times)
o World Tag Team Championship (12 times) – with Christian (7), Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), Randy Orton (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o WWE Championship (4 times)
o WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)
o WCW United States Championship (1 time)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (2 times) – with Rey Mysterio (1) and Chris Jericho (1)
o King of the Ring (2001)
o Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)
o Slammy Award for Couple of the Year (2008) – with Vickie Guerrero
o Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion
o Royal Rumble (2010)

Along the way, The Undertaker also defeated one of the E&C members, both Rated RKO members, and the leader of La Familia.

The last but definitely not the least, by defeating (and retiring) Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XXV & XXVI, he defeated someone with:

* Pro Wrestling Illustrated
o PWI Feud of the Year (2008) vs. Chris Jericho
o PWI Match of the Year (1993) vs. Marty Jannetty on Monday Night Raw on May 17
o PWI Match of the Year (1994) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at WrestleMania X
o PWI Match of the Year (1995) vs. Diesel at WrestleMania XI
o PWI Match of the Year (1996) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o PWI Match of the Year (2004) vs. Chris Benoit and Triple H at WrestleMania XX
o PWI Match of the Year (2005) vs. Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 21
o PWI Match of the Year (2006) vs. Vince McMahon in a No Holds Barred match at WrestleMania 22
o PWI Match of the Year (2007) vs. John Cena on Raw on April 23
o PWI Match of the Year (2008)] vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o PWI Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV
o PWI Most Popular Wrestler of the Year (1995, 1996)
o PWI ranked him #1 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the year in the PWI 500 in 1996
o PWI ranked him #10 of the top 500 singles wrestlers of the "PWI Years" in 2003
o PWI ranked him #33 of the Top 100 Tag Teams of the "PWI Years" with Marty Jannetty in 2003

o WWF Championship (3 times)
o WWF European Championship (1 time)
o WWF Intercontinental Championship (3 times)
o WWF/E World Tag Team Championship (5 times) – with Diesel (2), Steve Austin (1), John Cena (1), and Triple H (1)
o WWE Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Triple H (1)
o World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
o Royal Rumble (1995, 1996)
o Fourth Triple Crown Champion
o First Grand Slam Champion
o Slammy Award for Best Slammin' Jammin' Entrance (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Threads (1996)
o Slammy Award for Squared Circle Shocker (1996) Won for collapsing; Owen Hart accepts the award for making Michaels collapse
o Slammy Award for Master of Mat Mechanics (1996)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1996) vs. Razor Ramon in a Ladder match at SummerSlam
o Slammy Award for Leader of the New Generation (1996)
o Slammy Award for Best Finisher (1997)
o Slammy Award for US West Match of the Year (1997) vs. Bret Hart in an Iron Man match at WrestleMania XII
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2008) vs. Ric Flair at WrestleMania XXIV
o Slammy Award for Match of the Year (2009) vs. The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXV

I didn't list Michaels Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards cause it's too many to name and the page won't be able to sustain it. By defeating and retiring Shawn Michaels, Undertaker also defeated three Kliq members (including Diesel at WM 12), one of The Rockers, both DX members, and two NWO members.

See my Yokozuna comments. (ABOVE)

I'm wondering what kind of credibility would The Streak gain....and whether or not we can suspend our belief, because after defeating guys like Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice, u really can't expect we can take this match seriously. It's like putting Undertaker against Big Show & A-Train after he defeated Triple H & Ric Flair or putting him against Mark Henry after he defeated Randy Orton.

It's been a good 4 years run leading to Taker's end of career, why stop it? Why ruin it?

How is this going to ruin anything? This isn't his last match, if it was I agree he should face someone else. Who? I don't know, I'd pick Jericho.

What kind of credibility The Streak would have by defeating Wade Barrett? Assuming Barrett has actually won anything or being involved in classic feuds and legendary matches, that is...

It's not about credibility, it's about a feud that Barrett started. Last year was about The Streak......and the year before. This isn't. This is Barrett trying to make a name for himself. He's been going after all the biggest stars in WWE since he arrived. Vince, Bret, Edge, Jericho, Cena, Big Show, Orton, etc etc.

You keep looking at this like Undertaker has something to gain anymore. He doesn't, but young guys can. What do veterans have to gain by losing to The Undertaker? Young guys can gain experience and show off their capabilities.

Barrett should point out Takers age (something no one has done) and that he's human. He has the mic skills to get this feud across in a major way. He's so over, it will be a cinch. Putting emphasis on Barrett's youth and Taker's seniority is a great way to make this work.

Ever heard of Sheamus? I don't like that guy, bu not admitting him is silly.

Sheamus, yeah. Didn't deserve it at the time he won the title. But proved it a few months later. Now he's a star.

That's more like it, you should be comparing Sheamus and Barrett....not Kozlov & Barrett.

But Barrett deserves to be champion, he deserved it months ago. That's the difference. He's months ahead of Sheamus in terms of development at the same stages in their careers. Fact.

Now, this is insulting. If you watch Taker during his ABA days, I'm sure u knew how well he's above Barrett in terms of mic skill.

No, not even close. Sorry.

And arsenal? What, did Wade walk over the top rope to launch his fist from the air? Did Wade perform a suicide dive? A flying clothesline? A running DDT? A chokeslam? A Last Ride? Running jumping leg drop? Guillotine Leg Drop? Sidewalk slam? Tombstone Piledriver? Did Wade even do Gogoplata?

Undertaker didn't start using The Last Ride until 2001. Half those moves he didn't utilize early on. And Wade uses a sidewalk slam.

When you have to make note of a clothesline and a ddt in a wrestlers repertoire......you are asking to be laughed at from the wrestling community.

If u call backbreaker, big boot, uppercut, and fireman's carry slam as arsenal of moves nowadays, then that only shows how the might has fallen.

Guess you forgot about these:

Pump Handle Slam, German Suplex, Elbow drop from the top, neckbreaker, gut wrench suplex, power slam, abdominal stretch, etc etc.

And it worked better than the push Barrett received.

And it's not like there's any guarantee Barrett won't misuse The Streak push. The Undertaker has a nightmarish history of how people treat the push he gave anyway. Here:

1. Giant Gonzales = The match became his worst match ever. Gonzales quit the company before the year even ended. And Gonzales was picked over Hogan to face him at Wrestlemania 9 too.
2. King Kong Bundy = He was picked over Bret Hart to push him back to main event scene. Look what happened?
3. Kane = A meteoric rise in 1998 to a main event status....before Kane himself decided to dwell in the mid-card scene from 1999 to 2001 and finally becoming full fledged jobber from 2002 to 2009. Winning the world title again in....2010, that's 12 years of jobbing. Unwise.
4. Big Boss Man = Picked over Mankind to face Taker at Mania 15 in order to push him to main event status. Until now the match remains to be the worst Hell In A Cell match ever and the only Taker WM match to receive 'boring!' chants from the fans. Even Taker himself was reportedly upset over the quality of the match. Until his death, Boss Man never touched more than the lower mid-card scene.
5. Maven = .....sorry, I don't have the heart to say it.
6. Lesnar = Where is he 2 years after Taker pushed him?
7. A-Train = Where is he a year after The Streak push at Wrestlemania 19?
8. FBI = A huge mid-card feud against Taker at 2003....where were they one year after the push?
9. Heindenrich = Where is he six months after the grand push Taker gave him?
10. Kennedy = See number 6.
11. Mark Henry = Picked over Benoit & Angle to face Taker at WM 22 in order to push him to the main event status. The match turned out to be the worst Casket match of all time. To make it worse, Henry admitted he could care less of the push cause he did it only for money. Till today, still dwelling in lower-mid card scene on RAW.
12. The Great Khali = Eh....do I even need to say anything about this?
13. Kozlov = ........

Why are you calling this a push for Barrett? He's already a main eventer. He's not closing the show or in place to win a championship at Mania (at it stands now).

I'm not viewing it as a push, more of a reward. He earned this match. By making RAW interesting again while he was there and adding to my interest in Smackdown. He has been a major player since Summerslam.

Has he main evented Wrestlemania before? Because you know, main eventing Summerslam, RAW, and Survivor Series is different from main eventing Wrestlemania. And do u really think his promos can help him in the ring when he's performing? Please don't tell me u believe he can cut a promo while having a match (LOL).

I guess you've never watched Wade wrestle. That's unfortunate, and your friends at PWI didn't either.

And great matches? Wow, did we even see the same show? I was excited about Wade in the beginning because of the good storyline and decent promos but then I saw him in the ring against Henry - and that was an awful match, but O.k. this is Mark Henry after all, then I watched his match with Edge - nothing, with Jericho - nothing, with Cena - decent match at last! , then with Orton - nothing, then again with Cena - nothing. Honestly that guy barely knows what to do in the ring, he is more limited than Cena and does a lot of botches. And his promos ... they are still decent but he is no way one of the best on the mic, even in WWE!

Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan (NXT), 5-on5 Elimination Match (RAW), Cena vs. Barrett (Hell In A Cell), 7-on7 Elimination Match (Summerslam) , Triple Threat Cage Match (RAW), Matches vs. Randy Orton

Guess you missed these, youtube them.

And a great match against Bret Hart, WTF?! You mean Bret got ONE below average match during his second run in WWE?! ROFL!!! I think I missed the match if he did, but I'm glad, after all Bret vs Vince was the second worst Wrestlemania match of all time right after Lesnar vs Goldberg. I just hope Bret didn't need the whole roster to fight Barrett, LOL.

Yeah, Summerslam Main event. Guess you missed that one.

So forgettable it won The Wrestling News Observer's & PWI's Match of The Year (2009 & 2010) two years in a row.*

*Note the sarcasm.

PWI?!?!?!?! LMAO

The same PWI that has ranked Hulk Hogan as it's WRESTLER of the Year - 3X
1987, 1991 & 1994

And Diesel in 1995?

And John Cena in 2006 & 2007?

And gave Match of The Year honors to Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (95)?

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (97)?

Mankind vs. The Rock (99)?

Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon (06)?

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (10)?

You mean THAT PWI?

*NOTE THE SARCASM

PWI is about fan support/and heat, not wrestling. PWI is a joke in regards to rating actual wrestling ability.

They gave Rookie of the Year honors to The Boogeyman, Maven, Hornswoggle & David Otunga for crying out loud.

Any of the your so called "Wade Barrett's great matches" didn't even make it to the nomination, be it in PWI or WNO.

I wonder why? But The Nexus did get Feud of the year, deservingly so.

And I doubt Taker vs Wade can be better than Taker vs Sid which ranks number 10 in my top 10 Taker WM match anyway.

Another so-so match. It won't be hard to beat.

I also doubt Taker vs Wade can follow any of Undertaker's last 4 WM match with Batista, Edge, and Shawn Michaels twice.

Batista and Michaels Pt. 2 were not great matches. The Batista match was bad and HBK pt. 2 was average at best.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk was Match of the year.....last year.

Of course if Taker vs Wade happens and turns out to be an all-time classic I'll admit my mistake like a man.

I'll be patiently waiting.

But if it turns out to be an average match or below average to that matter...o boy, WZ will never hear the end of it from me.

Well if I think it's amazing, you'll probably say it sucked. You and I clearly don't view matches in the same way. At Wrestlemania, all the matches should be WRESTLING filled. Not punch and kick fests......like we've seen from Cena and Batista and Austin.

I also know if dropping The Undertaker from a Fireman's carry position is more than enough to end The Streak, whereas a Jacknife Powerbomb, Release Powerbomb, Chokeslam, sledgehammer to the head, Batista Bomb, RKO, Spear, Figure-4, and Sweet Chin Music didn't do the job, then WWE be damned.

We don't even know if the match will have a stipulation or not. What if it was a casket match, then what?

He couldn't even do a decent Wasteland on Henry and Big Show!

And Taker Couldn't tombstone Yokozuna or Big Show, so what? Taker is not as heavy as Show or Henry.

That move is not that easy to perform with that weight on your shoulders. Because he has to shift the weight back down towards his back - before he swings them forward. Cena has a person idle on his shoulders, resting. Barrett has to lift them to shift the weight before slamming them down.

If only he uses F-5 from the start properly and can do it to anyone, I might change my mind.

He's not Lesnar, people wouldn't like it if he started using the F-5. I wouldn't, it'd be like suggesting he is a 2nd coming of Brock Lesnar. That would be a big mistake.

You're a fortune teller or something?

If it's indeed true, I hope WWE have the decency to finally book Taker vs Cena.

Cause I don't wanna see Taker vs Sheamus or Taker vs Del Rio or Taker vs McIntyre or Taker vs any of the youngsters for his retirement match.

If WWE doesn't develop new stars, then they aren't going to have any when Taker, Cena, HHH, Kane, The Big Show & Jericho are gone, don't be ignorant. Taker needs to face young talent. If he didn't when these veterans are gone, you'll say "These young guys never proved themselves, they never faced.....so & so."

That's right I almost forgot. You were the one arguing with me that Cena would be facing Taker. How's that prediction working out for you? lmao

Maybe that's why you're so upset, because you were wrong. And weren't you comparing my predictions to the likelihood of Cena-Punk starting a feud over a diet coke? How's that one going too?

Call it intuition or a gut feeling or whatever......20-0.....bank on that. Cena or No Cena....let's just hope it's Jericho, so we get a good match. Not a snoozefest.

Being over and being a good WRESTLER are two different things. Barrett is insanely over, but he's a good WRESTLER. Batista was/is awful. Intense, but not a good wrestler.

A Wrestlemania classic? Batista and Wrestlemania classic do not belong in the same sentence. Shame on you.

He was also a ridiculous Deacon body guarding a poor box. You'll excuse me if I didn't take him seriously for at least 3 years after that.

You seem to be a Batista hater, don't you? If that's the case, then anything I argue about Batista or his matches would be pointless because your mind isn't ready to accept it.

It's a shame, but I think the discussion about Batista has to end here.

NXT Season 1, remember?

Taker had 1 Title reign his first 7 years in WWE. You're not making much sense. Start anytime you're ready.

Every wrestler has to start somewhere. Some are so good that they don't need championships to boast about. That's like saying Mr. Perfect or The British Bulldog couldn't face Taker because they weren't world champions. Barrett's a real deal fighter. Has the size, the look, charisma, in-ring technique, and mic skills to be a huge Superstar.

You mean Barrett is as good as Mr. Perfect or British Bulldog?

Yokozuna was in WWE for 3 months when he won The Royal Rumble. And three months later he was WWF Champion.

Now he was a great wrestler, no question there. But from 92 - 96, he had 2 world title reigns, 2 tag title reigns and a Royal Rumble victory.

And any Wrestlemania main event involving Yokozuna s*cked. Yokozuna vs Bret at WM 9 & 10 s*cked. Yokozuna vs Hogan at WM 8 s*cked.

Why? Because he wasn't ready to actually main event WWE grandest PPV, let alone against top stars like Bret or Hogan. And it's not like Yokozuna had a lengthy career.

Let's hope Wade doesn't end like him.

He in my eyes is a HOF and Batista is not. But yet Batista has more "accomplishments". This day and age titles change hands so much more frequently, it's not the same and you should know that.

Again with Batista hating. Shame.

Were any of those guys good wrestlers? I said Barrett reminded me of Randy Orton. Do you honestly feel Barrett is not above all those clowns?

I didn't say that. But I do hope Taker vs Wade match won't end up like any of those if it happens. That's my biggest fear.

Oh yeah, that makes them SOOOOOO much alike. They are practically twins, like the Bellas. We should call them the Newbie twins because of rumors.

:rolleyes:

lol.....Hogan was the biggest star in Wrestling history. Taker is not, and he was beating Hogan for the WWF Title. And back then one year was a short period of time. Look how many years it took Andre The Giant, Bret Hart or Macho Man, and look at all the guys who haven't been champion who should have been or would have been if they were wrestling today.

And today it's not like Taker is the biggest star either. So why face him?

I'm so sick of all this streak talk......Orton should have ended the streak, then we wouldn't have to hear about it anymore.

Barrett vs. The Undertaker is about a feud, not Taker's streak. The Buried Alive match remember? Barrett is a cocky young up & comer looking to make a name for himself. Win or lose......he will. Maybe it will take until WM for you to see it.

Make name? Again, tell that to Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Boss Man, A-Train, and Mark Henry.

What can ANYONE give to it? NO ONE IS GOING TO END IT. I just want a good match.......a good WRESTLING MATCH......not some over-hyped, over-rated punchfest like:

Batista vs. Taker
HHH vs. Batista
Austin vs. HBK
Austin vs. The Rock (15 & 17)
Cena vs. Batista

Those listed above were not wrestling matches, they were Brawl For All contests without gloves.

Is it too much for me to ask to see WRESTLING at WRESTLE-MANIA?

So, you hate HHH, Batista, Austin, HBK, Cena, and Rock....that means anything I say about any of those match would be pointless then.

See my Yokozuna comments. (ABOVE)

Already did.

How is this going to ruin anything? This isn't his last match, if it was I agree he should face someone else. Who? I don't know, I'd pick Jericho.

From Shawn Michaels to Wade Barrett....that's like having A-Train after defeating Rick Flair or having Mark Henry after defeating Orton.

But of course if the match turns out to be a classic I'll admit it.

For his last match, I'd pick Cena, but oh wait you think he can't wrestle.

Cena hating is older than dinosaurs, get over it.

It's not about credibility, it's about a feud that Barrett started. Last year was about The Streak......and the year before. This isn't. This is Barrett trying to make a name for himself. He's been going after all the biggest stars in WWE since he arrived. Vince, Bret, Edge, Jericho, Cena, Big Show, Orton, etc etc.

You keep looking at this like Undertaker has something to gain anymore. He doesn't, but young guys can. What do veterans have to gain by losing to The Undertaker? Young guys can gain experience and show off their capabilities.

The Streak has nothing to gain? LoL, of course it has! The Streak nearly lost half its credibility after facing 5 lower mid-carders in the form of Gonzales, Bundy, A-Train, Boss Man, and Henry! By defeating legit main eventers, The Streak gains new credibility.

Of course Wade is also a main eventer, but he's yet to win any title which is a downfall.

And think of it this way, if Barrett faces Undertaker not at WM he can actually defeat Taker. More credibility.

Barrett should point out Takers age (something no one has done) and that he's human. He has the mic skills to get this feud across in a major way. He's so over, it will be a cinch. Putting emphasis on Barrett's youth and Taker's seniority is a great way to make this work.

I heard quite the same about Punk vs Taker feud in 2009. Look how horrible it turned out to be.

Sheamus, yeah. Didn't deserve it at the time he won the title. But proved it a few months later. Now he's a star.

That's more like it, you should be comparing Sheamus and Barrett....not Kozlov & Barrett.

But Barrett deserves to be champion, he deserved it months ago. That's the difference. He's months ahead of Sheamus in terms of development at the same stages in their careers. Fact.

The fact which one got two WWE title and which don't doesn't change.

No, not even close. Sorry.

Denial.

Undertaker didn't start using The Last Ride until 2001. Half those moves he didn't utilize early on. And Wade uses a sidewalk slam.

When you have to make note of a clothesline and a ddt in a wrestlers repertoire......you are asking to be laughed at from the wrestling community.

I don't hear or see anyone laughing....

And what does time have anything to do with the fact Taker used the moves?

Guess you forgot about these:

Pump Handle Slam, German Suplex, Elbow drop from the top, neckbreaker, gut wrench suplex, power slam, abdominal stretch, etc etc.

Never seen him using any of those. Then again, I stopped watching RAW from last summer cause it's boring, only watch SD!. I didn't see Wade doing any of those moves at SD! either.

And at Royal rumble tonight I didn't see him doing any of those either.

Why are you calling this a push for Barrett? He's already a main eventer. He's not closing the show or in place to win a championship at Mania (at it stands now).

I'm not viewing it as a push, more of a reward. He earned this match. By making RAW interesting again while he was there and adding to my interest in Smackdown. He has been a major player since Summerslam.

That's why the rating stays horrible, the stock dropped, and the PPV buyrate slipped.

I guess you've never watched Wade wrestle. That's unfortunate, and your friends at PWI didn't either.

Thank God, I'm sure PWI and I have the same opinion: Wade's matches are boring.

Barrett vs. Daniel Bryan (NXT), 5-on5 Elimination Match (RAW), Cena vs. Barrett (Hell In A Cell), 7-on7 Elimination Match (Summerslam) , Triple Threat Cage Match (RAW), Matches vs. Randy Orton

Guess you missed these, youtube them.

Glad I missed them. I have better thing to do with my life, for example like watching Taker vs Edge (WM 24) on youtube.

Yeah, Summerslam Main event. Guess you missed that one.

I'm glad. I'm sure it was a horrible main event seeing how Summerslam 2010 got bad reviews everywhere like from The Sun:

The event "failed to deliver in the ring, leaving us feeling lukewarm at best."

This event received 350,000 buys, slightly down on the 369,000 buys that SummerSlam 2009 received. Meh.

PWI?!?!?!?! LMAO

The same PWI that has ranked Hulk Hogan as it's WRESTLER of the Year - 3X
1987, 1991 & 1994

And Diesel in 1995?

And John Cena in 2006 & 2007?

And gave Match of The Year honors to Shawn Michaels vs. Diesel (95)?

Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (97)?

Mankind vs. The Rock (99)?

Shawn Michaels vs. Vince McMahon (06)?

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (10)?

You mean THAT PWI?

*NOTE THE SARCASM

PWI is about fan support/and heat, not wrestling. PWI is a joke in regards to rating actual wrestling ability.

They gave Rookie of the Year honors to The Boogeyman, Maven, Hornswoggle & David Otunga for crying out loud.

I didn't say anything about Rookie of The Year.

And that doesn't change the fact Wade didn't win MOTy or even being nominated.

I wonder why? But The Nexus did get Feud of the year, deservingly so.

Good for them.

Another so-so match. It won't be hard to beat.

If Wade vs Taker can't top Sid vs Taker, I won't stop bashing Wade.

Batista and Michaels Pt. 2 were not great matches. The Batista match was bad and HBK pt. 2 was average at best.

Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk was Match of the year.....last year.

PWI & WNO disagreed with u.

I'll be patiently waiting.

OK.

Well if I think it's amazing, you'll probably say it sucked. You and I clearly don't view matches in the same way. At Wrestlemania, all the matches should be WRESTLING filled. Not punch and kick fests......like we've seen from Cena and Batista and Austin.

I'm different from u, I give credits where it's due. If a match against Batista is better than a match against The Rock, I shall say so.

So if Taker vs Wade turns out to be a classic, I'll admit it like a man.

Personally, I don't think it can follow any of Taker's last 4 WM matches. But good enough if it can be as good as Taker vs Flair or Taker vs Diesel.

We don't even know if the match will have a stipulation or not. What if it was a casket match, then what?

Then The Corre will interfere from start to finish.

And Taker Couldn't tombstone Yokozuna or Big Show, so what? Taker is not as heavy as Show or Henry.

That move is not that easy to perform with that weight on your shoulders. Because he has to shift the weight back down towards his back - before he swings them forward. Cena has a person idle on his shoulders, resting. Barrett has to lift them to shift the weight before slamming them down.

Actually, Taker could Tombstone Yokozuna.

And that doesn't suddenly make Wasteland to be the greatest finisher ATM.

He's not Lesnar, people wouldn't like it if he started using the F-5. I wouldn't, it'd be like suggesting he is a 2nd coming of Brock Lesnar. That would be a big mistake.

who says people wouldn't like it?! I would!

If WWE doesn't develop new stars, then they aren't going to have any when Taker, Cena, HHH, Kane, The Big Show & Jericho are gone, don't be ignorant. Taker needs to face young talent. If he didn't when these veterans are gone, you'll say "These young guys never proved themselves, they never faced.....so & so."

That's right I almost forgot. You were the one arguing with me that Cena would be facing Taker. How's that prediction working out for you? lmao

Maybe that's why you're so upset, because you were wrong. And weren't you comparing my predictions to the likelihood of Cena-Punk starting a feud over a diet coke? How's that one going too?

Of course I'm upset, because that means WWE doesn't have the balls to ever book the match.

And no, it wasn't me who compared your prediction to Punk vs Cena. U mistook me for someone else.

Call it intuition or a gut feeling or whatever......20-0.....bank on that. Cena or No Cena....let's just hope it's Jericho, so we get a good match. Not a snoozefest.

Cena hating is older than my grandma. Get over it.

And I do hope Taker vs Wade won't be Taker's last WM match.

Lots of varied rumours about how fit Taker will be, some suggesting he may only make an appearance and not have an actual match.

The vignette of the mystery man on Raw tonight made me hope Sting will arrive on the Raw after the EC and challenge Taker, but I could see him maybe teaming with Show and Diesel against Kane, Barrett and Zeke.

Here's a match that I'm surprised that it never took place at WrestleMania - Undertaker Vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin. Out of all the times they've gone at it, not once have they taken their rivalry to WrestleMania. Undertaker Vs. Stone Cold was one of the hottest feuds of the "Attitude Era", next to Austin Vs. The Rock and Kane Vs. 'Taker. They've gone at it first in 1996, then 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002. Out of all these years, a match between them never happened at WrestleMania.

And I think of Undertaker Vs. Stone Cold because, sure, Undertaker Vs. The Rock or Kurt Angle at WM never happened but both Undertaker and Stone Cold had such intensity in their matches. They were both tough brawlers, creating very compelling storylines and segments leading to their matches. Their feud also contributed to the WWE's success in terms of creating competitive feuds to WCW's. I feel this match has all the tools to be WrestleMania material and it has the star power, history, and definitely raises the risk of Undertaker losing at WrestleMania since Austin was very hot back then. They also traded wins and losses a whole lot as well.

It's a shame it never happened there, but we got to enjoy it for what it was...

My question to you is, would you have liked to see Undertaker and Austin at WrestleMania, who would've gotten over, and at what WrestleMania?

I think if the match were to happen, it should have been done at Wrestlemania 18. Sure, Taker vs Flair was a classic brawl, but WWE could have saved Taker vs Flair for Wrestlemania 19 the next year instead of booking Undertaker in a match against A-Train & Flair to simply accompany HHH in his match againsy Booker T.

Who would've gotten over? Taker of course. By WM 18 The Streak was already noticed so I didn't see Austin ending it.

The other match that should have happened at Wrestlemania was Undertaker vs Mankind. How the hell Gonzales, Boss Man, A-Train, Bundy, and Henry faced Taker at Mania but Mankind didn't is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond my deepest knowledge.

I think if the match were to happen, it should have been done at Wrestlemania 18. Sure, Taker vs Flair was a classic brawl, but WWE could have saved Taker vs Flair for Wrestlemania 19 the next year instead of booking Undertaker in a match against A-Train & Flair to simply accompany HHH in his match againsy Booker T.

Who would've gotten over? Taker of course. By WM 18 The Streak was already noticed so I didn't see Austin ending it.

The other match that should have happened at Wrestlemania was Undertaker vs Mankind. How the hell Gonzales, Boss Man, A-Train, Bundy, and Henry faced Taker at Mania but Mankind didn't is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond my deepest knowledge.

That's another good pick. Undertaker Vs. Mankind could've easily made it to WrestleMania. They've gone at it in so many PPVs but not at WrestleMania? Their classic feud deserves the exposure that a Hornswoggle WM match gets. Should've happened there..

As for 'Taker and Austin, Austin losing at WM X8 wouldn't have surprised me. His "Stone Cold" character was going downhill at the time, but imagine if it happened, like in '98 or '99? That's a tough one...

Lots of varied rumours about how fit Taker will be, some suggesting he may only make an appearance and not have an actual match.

The vignette of the mystery man on Raw tonight made me hope Sting will arrive on the Raw after the EC and challenge Taker, but I could see him maybe teaming with Show and Diesel against Kane, Barrett and Zeke.

After watching RAW last night, there's a possibility of Taker vs Sting. Sorry for saying this, but that match alone can sell the entire PPV on its own.

i think with the recent promos its pointing towards the one man the IWC has wanted to face undertaker for the longest time...Sting...it would be a cool match "the icon" vs "the phenom" sounds cool

So according to a report, Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett has been scrapped but the Undertaker is still going to play a vital role at Wrestlemania 27. The report also says that HBK will be involved but not in a wrestling capacity. So my question now is what will the Undertaker do?

My guess, and it's kind of a longshot but I'd love to see it happen, Undertaker vs. Diesel with HBK as the special referee. Now I'm not sure how good of a match Diesel can put on right now but the build up for this match would be FANTASTIC! Undertaker and Diesel have already had a WM match and WM 12 I believe and the build up for that match was great but the match itself wasn't amazing. But with HBK's recent obsession to end Taker's streak and everyone knowing he and Nash are bffs, I think the intrigue to this match can be a real selling point for this Wrestlemania.

So what do you guys think is going to happen?

So according to a report, Undertaker vs. Wade Barrett has been scrapped but the Undertaker is still going to play a vital role at Wrestlemania 27. The report also says that HBK will be involved but not in a wrestling capacity. So my question now is what will the Undertaker do?

I'm glad they decide to give up on Taker vs Barrett. That match would be worse than even Undertaker vs Sid.

My guess, and it's kind of a longshot but I'd love to see it happen, Undertaker vs. Diesel with HBK as the special referee. Now I'm not sure how good of a match Diesel can put on right now but the build up for this match would be FANTASTIC! Undertaker and Diesel have already had a WM match and WM 12 I believe and the build up for that match was great but the match itself wasn't amazing. But with HBK's recent obsession to end Taker's streak and everyone knowing he and Nash are bffs, I think the intrigue to this match can be a real selling point for this Wrestlemania.

Statement like this makes me believe even more than Undertaker vs Diesel at Wrestlemania 12 is one of the most underrated Wrestlemania gems ever. The match wasn't special? Here's a recap of the match from Y/A!. Read it and tell me again about the match not being great:

"We've got Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler on commentary here. Prepare for some wackiness. And, indeed, McMahon's great philosophical question to wrestle with: "Will Big Daddy Cool Diesel rest in pieces? (yes, pieces)" Lawler brings up the Egyptian plagues and compares them to Undertaker's tactics against Diesel.

They attack each other quickly and trade blows. Diesel hits running clothesline in the corner but runs into a boot in the other corner. Taker clotheslines him down, but he misses a running elbow drop and does the zombie sit-up. Diesel clotheslines Taker over the top, but Taker lands on his feet on the floor and pulls Diesel by the legs under the bottom rope. Taker hits a series of uppercuts, working over Diesel's ribs. Diesel keeps him from going up the apron and tries to slam his head into the stairs, but Taker blocks and does the same to Nash. Back in the ring, Diesel puts his head down after an Irish whip and Taker lands an uppercut to the chin. Taker sets up a tombstone but Diesel powers out of it. Taker ducks a clothesline and hits a bodypress (!) for 2. The pace here is frenetic.

Taker does the old-school armbar, ropewalk and punch to the neck. Diesel fails to go down. Diesel ducks some sort of spinning thing and Undertaker lands under the ropes. Diesel grabs him by the hair, but Taker snaps his neck over the top rope. Taker gets back in the ring and his second punch knocks Diesel over the ropes. Nash is bumping really well here. Undertaker follows him out and pushes Diesel back-first to the ring post. Taker tries to waffle Diesel with a chair, but he manages to duck. Diesel takes control with a kneelift to the chest, and he throws Taker into the guard rail. Diesel rams Taker's back into the post twice. He takes a little time to intimidate Paul Bearer, then goes into the ring and poses. McMahon excitedly mentions that the Ultimate Warrior is on the 1-900 WWF hot line, but we are, in fact, having the ultimate matchup right here.

Diesel rams his knee into Taker, preventing him from enter into the ring. He pulls Taker in the second time and gets a big boot. McMahon believes Diesel is dominating the Undertaker like no one has done before and that the jackknife is imminent. Announcer Vince always believed the babyface was in instant jeopardy no matter how much or how little punishment they'd received. Diesel measures Taker and wails on him with punches. They be clubberin', as Dusty Rhodes might say. Nash has always had pretty good strikes. Diesel lands a sideslam for 2.

Diesel hits the snake eyes and the Boss Man straddle. It's funny how many moves Diesel does in this match that Undertaker ended up later stealing. Diesel signals for the jackknife, but first hits a series of knees and punches in the corner. Taker is really selling the beating. He makes a comeback and both punch each other simultaneously, followed by a double big boot, which actually looked good. The double count reaches 8 before Taker sits up, though Diesel actually makes it to his feet first and lands an ax handle to the back. He follows with a bear hug, in which Taker makes little effort to fight. Suddenly, he gets out with a double slap to the head. Diesel grabs a side headlock, but Taker hits a backdrop suplex and follows with an elbow drop.

Taker hits a top-rope clothesline for 2 (which beat King King Bundy at Wrestlemania 11). Diesel ducks a move and hits a surprise powerbomb. But he gets cocky and stalls forever (you'd have thought he'd have learned after losing the belt to Bret Hart), and Taker does the zombie sit-up again. Diesel hits another jackknife and stalls again, taunting the crowd and Paul Bearer. When he finally goes for the cover, Taker grabs him by the throat. Diesel punches him down and tries again, but Taker gets the throat again. Diesel fights him off again and clutches his throat in pain, and when he tries the pin again Taker grabs him by the throat and rises to his feet. Diesel manages a backdrop suplex, though. Great segment. Diesel slowly gets up, but Taker does another zombie sit-up behind his back. When Nash turns around, he initially begs off and then attacks, but Taker no sells and goes on the attack, hitting Nash with a flying clothesline. He follows with a chokeslam, and both are worn out.Undertaker makes it up first, though, and does the urn pose. He then hits Diesel with the tombstone for 3 in 16:46. And there was much rejoicing from the crowd.

Believe it or not, this is a hell of a match. It told a good story, with Diesel being able to match Undertaker physically but being unprepared for his resilience. The action and selling were very good.It's the first classic Wrestlemania match in Undertaker's career (an an underrated one too just like maybe his five other Wrestlemania matches), and the best Nash match I'm aware of that didn't involve Shawn Michaels or Bret Hart."

Link: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...LlWcjmIjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20100820022043AAfhzvb

It's an underrated classic. U can also watch it in youtube.

So what do you guys think is going to happen?

IMO, The only possible opponent at this point is….VINCE MCMAHON himself. Why?

1. Barrett is out, that means Corre and Ezekiel Jackson are also out. Since WWE mentioned big time Wrestlemania match, I think we can all agree a match against Jackson will be another one of the worst like a match against Giant Gonzales, Bundy, Henry, Boss Man, or A-Train.
2. Sting & Lesnar are a no no ATM.
3. Jericho won’t return until after April.
4. HHH will be busy with Sheamus.
5. Punk will be busy with Orton.
6. WWE doesn’t have the balls to ever book Cena vs Taker at Wrestlemania. And Cena’s more than likely to go against Miz.
7. A match with mid-carder like Swagger, McIntrye, or any mid-carder at this point is far from big time status. Giant Gonzales, King Kong Bundy, Big Boss Man, A-Train and Mark Henry proved that at Wrestlemania 9, 11, 15, 19, and 22.
8. A match with Diesel has been done before at WM 12 in an overlooked classic, and Diesel will probably face Big Show.
9. Booker T is retired.
10. Another match with Kane is despised even by Vince McMahon himself because the last Taker vs Kane turned out to a lackluster feud and the crowd seemed to be dead during all their last 3 matches.

So, I think it’s going to be Vince himself. HBK will participate as the special referee to add the possibility of him costing The Undertaker The Streak. Too bad if I may say, Taker vs Vince has the potential to be as good as Hogan vs Vince (WM 19) which was a memorable character battle. HBK’s presence will only ruin the whole atmosphere of the match.

But if Jericho can return in time for WM 27, then Taker vs Jericho will rock the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back